Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, tangerine95 said:

I kinda don't want him dying because I don't really want to see Felicity mourning some random guy she dated offscreen. But yeah it makes sense that he might be the one Prometheus kills.

She doesn't seem that broken up in the 502 stills.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Using that reasoning, Curtis has had the same five or six months as Oliver.

Fair - but Oliver is supposed to be the one who knows her so well.  Dig isn't around so it would make the most sense for him to come back and realize what is happening.  His background would make him the best bet too.  But it seems he will be busy bonding with Wild Dog. 

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
can't keep the newbies straight
7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I think I prefer Prometheus offing Mayo rather than Felicity breaking up with Mayo, which was my initial theory. Killing Temp Bland gives Felicity a story. Her breaking up with him doesn't.

I do think it looks like the Ritter kid. And he hasn't been seen on set since they filmed 501-502, but since they block shot those eps, he easily can be just in 501.

Yeah but, isn't he a recurring character?  Just because we haven't seen him on set doesn't mean he hasn't filmed.  Whomever Prometheus kills is a cop, you can see the polic car behind him.

I know it is wrong and everything to want to know stuff from a leaked episode but the person already leaked the screencaps, couldn't he/she give a short description? *Hides away, ashamed of myself*

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

I know it is wrong and everything to want to know stuff from a leaked episode but the person already leaked the screencaps, couldn't he/she give a short description? *Hides away, ashamed of myself*

I agree and i'm not even ashamed lol

6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah but, isn't he a recurring character?  Just because we haven't seen him on set doesn't mean he hasn't filmed.  Whomever Prometheus kills is a cop, you can see the polic car behind him.

I honestly don't remember anymore who was announced as recurring or not. Too many dicks on the dance floor.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Forewarned is forearmed, I say. That's why I hang out in this thread. 

• Love 4

Detective Malone (Tyler Ritter) was announced as recurring.  I think he's the boyfriend.  

Lt. Conahan (Ryan Williams/Mr. Poppy) and Officer Benton (Jay Hindle) weren't officially announced but are listed as cops in 5.01.  I think one of them is more likely to be Prometheus target.  

3 Bland white boys to choose from.   

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I honestly don't remember anymore who was announced as recurring or not. Too many dicks on the dance floor.

He's recurring 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-tyler-ritter-recur-906799

10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Wasnt Moiras friend from s4 who wanted to run for mayor also recurring but only showed up in 1 episode?

http://www.avclub.com/article/jeri-ryan-guest-star-arrow-222855

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

There is a theory that FP erased the Havenrock tragedy. Its making me stabby honestly.

That would explain why she's all boyfriend'd up. Then it gets all reversed, and she has to deal with the aftermath. Honestly, I have no idea where they're going with BF or the Havenrock fallout. I'd rather be spoiled for the whole season then decide if I want to watch but I don't have the patience to wait until the season is over. Oh, the life of a fangirl. 

• Love 1

So if Prometheus shoots Felicity's BF, maybe he doesn't die? I'm guessing the episode ends on that "Green Arrow is mine" line.

If he lives, it's annoying because it gives Mayo a storyline, not Felicity.

Can I just sit here and root for "recurring" to be the mistake?

• Love 5

Wow that Flash screencaps for the Flash make me so confused ... So

Spoiler

Barry saves his mom again. And Kid Flash and Joe who seemed to be dying are alive and kicking at the end of the episode. Is the FP finished at the end?

• Love 1

There is always a chance the new BF is using Felicity. And she's the type who forces herself to keep going - to move forward so is choosing to date again without questioning the man's intent.  And if the boyfriend is someone who was hurt by Oliver and by the Green Arrow season 1, I can see why he would go after her. Felicity is linked to both - especially inside the police department. I can ee Felicity ending the season in a really bad place with her question her ability to trust and make good decisions. 

Those Flash screencaps have left me confused as well....

Hurley's post-screener face is not that encouraging. Lol

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder how the general audience who doesn't follow this stuff is even going to be clued in to Flashpoint? Is Barry's dumb ass going to run across the screen at the last minute and take Felicity back to Central City with him or what?

One of the high ups mentioned that there is not a lot of overlap between audiences. They have to do something dramatic. 

All this flashpoint nonsense and I'm still sitting here wondering how Felicity is so buried in guilt about Havenrock that she doesn't have time to deal with her relationship with Oliver but did find time to go out and date that bland slice of stale bread. Who needs logic nowadays?

Edited by Guest
51 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

So if Prometheus shoots Felicity's BF, maybe he doesn't die? I'm guessing the episode ends on that "Green Arrow is mine" line.

Possible, although the "disturbingly brutal impact" makes me lean towards the wound being lethal.

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

All this flashpoint nonsense and I'm still sitting here wondering how Felicity is so buried in guilt about Havenrock that she doesn't have time to deal with her relationship with Oliver but did find time to go out and date that bland slice of stale bread. Who needs logic nowadays?

I don't believe they ever said she didn't have time to deal with her relationship with Oliver. What they said was that it's 5 months post finale and about 8 months post break up. The EPs figured all that had to be said, was said off screen.

IIRC, the ambiguous comment was in reference to how Olicty was left in 423 not how they are over the summer or start in 501. All we know is that 505 adds some clarity.  Which could mean anything. Over for good, never get over each other, would rather be BFF, want to get back together. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think Wendy did say something like Oliver is busy with his job and being GA and Felicity with the Havenrock guilt so they don't have time for the relationship stuff. Imo that really doesn't fit with her having a bf.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't believe they ever said she didn't have time to deal with her relationship with Oliver. What they said was that it's 5 months post finale and about 8 months post break up. The EPs figured all that had to be said, was said off screen.

The ambiguous comment was in reference to how Olicty was left in 423 not how they are over the summer or start in 501. All we know is that 505 adds some clarity.  Which could mean anything. Over for good, never get over each other, would rather be BFF, want to get back together. 

I remember WM saying in an article that Felicity was spiralling over Havenrock and until she figured that out, there was no time for the relationship side of things. That doesn't add up with her getting a boyfriend.

I'm now starting to think the ambiguous comment refers to Oliver not knowing Felicity has a new bf and finding out will provide that clarity which means Oliver will finally accept they're over and move on.

Also I looked at the screencaps and #Detective Poppy has a different hairstyle to Felicity's boyfriend so I don't think Tyler Ritter's character dies. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I remember WM saying in an article that Felicity was spiralling over Havenrock and until she figured that out, there was no time for the relationship side of things. That doesn't add up with her getting a boyfriend.

She did. She said Felicity was spinning out about Havenrock and that Oliver was busy with stuff, and that until they got some clarity for themselves, they wouldn't have time for relationship stuff. I think it was on TVLine - trying to find it.

She also used the word amiguous to describe them at the beginning of S5. From the Season 5 Spoiler Archive thread:

On status of Olicity at the start of S5, WM: "It's still a partnership. I mean, the way we left them in the bunker at the end of last season was somewhat ambiguous and we will kick them off in a similarly ambiguous state. That said, you will find out some more right around episode 5. And, you know, I think we're just going to let the characters kinda take us where they will." (SDCC, Jul. 23, 2016: Video of Arrow panel and ComicBook article, page 40 of Spoilers thread)

On Olicity this year, WM: "Good question. I think that... in the past, we've really - One of the reasons that relationship happened was we wanted to write to the chemistry that was obviously palpable on screen between Stephen and Emily, and also really honor who those characters are, and [unintelligible words] leave them ambiguous at the end of season 4.  And you'll see them stay ambiguous for awhile. You'll get some answers - Olicity fans will get some answers in episode 5. Beyond that, we're going to write to see - you know, we're going to write to them the same way. If they take us in the direction of reconciliation, great.  If not, we'll see what happens... You'll find out a lot more clarity in episode 5... on Olicity." (SDCC, Jul. 23, 2016: Seat42F video of press roundtable interview with WM, page 40 of Spoilers thread)

Once again, kudos to @tv echo.

However, what, if anything that means at this point is anyone's guess.

• Love 2

It confuses me. Couldn't they just say that they are focused on their friendship but aren't romantically involved now or in the near future because Felicity is feeling so guilty that she has time to date and move on. I do feel like Felicity will get so much dislike for being with her new guy and in a place that is technically Thea's apartment and that she shared with her ex-boyfriend. Couldn't they have just let her live out her guilt in a different kind of way. 

I am willing to buy it if the boyfriend serves an actual purpose but for now I am just being slightly bitter about that storyline. 

• Love 5

Um...I'm so embarrassed that someone tweeted that actor. *hides face*

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

It confuses me. Couldn't they just say that they are focused on their friendship but aren't romantically involved now or in the near future because Felicity is feeling so guilty that she has time to date and move on. I do feel like Felicity will get so much dislike for being with her new guy and in a place that is technically Thea's apartment and that she shared with her ex-boyfriend. Couldn't they have just let her live out her guilt in a different kind of way. 

I am willing to buy it if the boyfriend serves an actual purpose but for now I am just being slightly bitter about that storyline. 

Technically it's Felicity's apartment and it's been since late March she has been single.

• Love 1

I'm full on bitter. And having Felicity have boyfriend time in the loft is just so wrong to me. If it was my real life friend, I'd be fine, but this isn't real life, and it was always weird anyway that Felicity stayed and Oliver left. I accept my double standards. 

Did Thea just take over dead Laurel's apartment? Cuz that would also be weird to me. 

• Love 6

I am not sure what would be the point but perhaps the boyfriend is flashpoint related because in flashpoint Havenrock didn't happen? Maybe in flashpoint ALL the nukes were stopped? Star City's destruction still would have happened.  Then it would make sense that Felicity might have gotten into a relationship.  Assuming Barry reverses it in Flash 3.02 it would explain why Felicity's own story doesn't start until 5.02.  (No clue I'm grasping at straws trying to make sense of things. LOL! )

The TVLine bonus spoiler said they are both in crisis mode and don't have time for relationship things.  She was spinning out over Havenrock and they both need clarity for themselves.   

Edited by Sunshine

Thea said she rented that loft with Malcolm's money so it's not a stretch to believe Felicity then took over the rent from her, seeing as she was the one with the money. I hate hate HATE that the bf is there too but it is her home now.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I am not sure what would be the point but perhaps the boyfriend is flashpoint related because in flashpoint Havenrock didn't happen?

Could be possible. I just hate the thought that they tell stories that after two episodes get reset so that they could service the storyline of another show.

BTW: Is that him saying he's still around or just him being a good sport while responding. Because even though I don't like the storyline, it is hardly the actor's fault. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3

I'm not sure I need it to be Oct 5.  I think I need it to be Oct 12 so I know what is flashpoint related and what isn't.  Did any of the screeners give any indication on Diggle being affected?  Maybe we aren't aware of how he is affected until then.  I think they said eps 3-5 were dealing with the fallout.  

I seem to remember EBR telling the writers Felicity would never stay in the loft after the break-up and they finally told her it didn't matter because it was a budget issue.  I wonder how many times the actors on this show have had that kind of talk?  I know the budgets are small but God forbid they plan these things out better.  

If the last three scenes are Oliver/Diggle skyping, Felicity and MayoCop, and Prometheus kills rando cop - doesn't that argue that MayoCop is not the dead guy?  Or does Felicity tell him to go because his back rubs suck and he gets killed?  

Either way I hate that Felicity is dating a cop.  I mean she is breaking the law as a vigilante and decides to date a cop (even if he is part of the most ineffective police force ever)?  I know Oliver did the same thing in season one, but we know Oliver is an idiot.  There had better be a good reason she is with Blandy McBlanderson but with these writers I am doubtful.  

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

Either way I hate that Felicity is dating a cop. 

Same. That's why I was hoping there might be more to that than meets the eye (and why I posted a stretch theory about it up thread). I mean, just last season Felicity told Oliver that he'd always have to lie to her because "that's this life," and then she's getting involved with someone who she's gonna have to lie to? I know lying to your fiancé about a kid and lying to your boyfriend about whatever heroics you're skipping out on dinner for are not the same, but it's not a good look regardless.

Maybe, I guess, the cop is in the know about her work on Team Arrow?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

She's probably dating a cop so they can say "Look at the hypocrisy! The double standards! She's lying to her bf like Oliver lied to her!" This is more about Oliver than it is about Felicity. *punches pillow*

I'm assuming whatever happens earlier in the episode with the cops will explain why they're making her date one. It's probably just giving more conflict between O/F and more sads for Oliver. IMO this is nothing to do with Felicity. She's just being sacrificed again.

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Same. That's why I was hoping there might be more to that than meets the eye (and why I posted a stretch theory about it up thread).

I hope you are right and there is something more to this.  I mean even Oliver had the excuse that he was trying to reconnect with someone from his past.  But Felicity picking random cop while trying to build a new team of vigilantes?  Is. Just. Stupid.

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe, I guess, the cop is in the know about her work on Team Arrow?

In which case why do any of these people wear masks?  I get that MG doesn't think the secret part is interesting but this would just be borderline ridiculous.  And Felicity telling the boy toy is not something she should get to decide to do without Oliver knowing since it puts him at risk too (not saying he gets to decide but he should get a voice).  In which case how could they be ambiguous?   Sigh.

• Love 5