Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Haha, I guess I'll be the only one who hated the drugging. Maybe hate is a strong word. It doesn't bother me now but at the time I really didn't like it even though I understood why she did it. But I liked the scene afterwards of them trying to escape and Diggle running around with Oliver over his shoulder and Felicity whacking people over the head with things. She has a bit of a pattern there, doesn't she? LOL.

I like the drugging better than the sex, haha. The sex was hot and cathartic, but expected. The drugging was the OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM moment of the episode for me. It's so wacky and surprising and ENTERTAINING to me. I live for this exact kind of shenanigans.

• Love 6

Oh how I love 3x20, and not just for the sexy times. Great balance between romance and action/adventure. I think someone in the episode thread on this board compared it to "Indiana Jones" and I LOVE those kinds of movies. So if it's true Antonio Negret is coming back to direct an Arrow episode (speculation following his tweet about returning to Vancouver) I hope he gets an ep with OTA/Olicity on a mission. Seems we can have more of those if Arrow is going back to its more "procedural/VOTW" roots.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8

Man, I can't stand Craig and his bitching about legitimate complaints regarding his website. And his shitty comments on women weren't limited to comic books back when I knew him. I have no reason to think he's changed. 

Anyhoo, enough about him - I loved the drugging and loved it even more that Oliver loved the drugging. That's my OTP!  

• Love 3

Can you have negative excitement from a trailer? Two shots of Felicity and one of them is her kissing some random (who I think is the Human Target guy, the Detective is shorter, IMO, so that tells us where that 505 storyline is going) and only one of Diggle. Meh.

The action/stunts did look good though. But I hope we're not gonna have a season of "This wasn't what Laurel wanted." Ugh.

9 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Entirely possible this scene is not from the first two episodes but 505...

Yeah, there's a clip of Oliver getting shot in the same area where Wil Traval claimed he "spilled ketchup," (or however he phrased it) in a BTS photo he posted so there appears to at least be another 5x05 scene in there too (unless Oliver gets shot twice, damn).

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

"This wasn't what Laurel wanted." Ugh.

The dead don't want things!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, NumberCruncher said:

Dude, we get only two shots of Felicity and one of them is her kissing her new boyfriend?  Fail.  Good thing we got plenty of shots of all the new costumed heroes. *yawn* 

Did we even see Diggle?

I don't think it was Felicity's new boyfriend. I really think it was the Human Target guy, which means she probably thinks she's kissing Oliver. And the shot definitely wasn't in the loft. So...

One shot of Diggle that we'd already seen...in his army gear.

Just now, Angel12d said:

I don't think it was Felicity's new boyfriend. I really think it was the Human Target guy, which means she probably thinks she's kissing Oliver. And the shot definitely wasn't in the loft. So...

My point wasn't so much disdain for the boyfriend (or whoever he is) but more that there was a shocking lack of Felicity and what we did see focuses on who she's kissing/in a relationship with rather than her workings within the team.

• Love 3
Just now, NumberCruncher said:

My point wasn't so much disdain for the boyfriend (or whoever he is) but more that there was a shocking lack of Felicity and what we did see focuses on who she's kissing/in a relationship with rather than her workings within the team.

Oh yeah, I hear ya. I feel the same. Not impressed. But then I expected this so...

Just now, NumberCruncher said:

Well - the marketing team doesn't really seem to think much of her, so I wouldn't read too much into it. If that's all her plot line entails once the show picks up again, then that would be upsetting.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Diggle is also seen training with the recruits.

They are really hammering in this new team.... I just hope GA is capable of taking out some bad guys on his own and doesn't need that team CONSTANTLY.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Oh, hey, did I guess the Felicity and Human Target thing? What do I have to do with the hat when I guess things right? I don't like hats, they make my head hot and my hair oily.

Let's me guess...He is impersonating Oliver, gets shot, Felicity (thinking its Oliver) plants one on him, Olicity talk, Olicity sex.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

Human Target doesn't debut until 505.  Felicity's new boyfriend appears in 501.

Yes but the trailer had shots from multiple episodes.

Just now, Chaser said:

Let's me guess...He is impersonating Oliver, gets shot, Felicity (thinking its Oliver) plants one on him, Olicity talk, Olicity sex.

OR...he gets shot, Felicity freaks out, they have a talk and kiss but it's not Oliver. Cue mix ups and pining and whatever.

2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Human Target doesn't debut until 505.  Felicity's new boyfriend appears in 501.

I don't think this was a trailer just for episode 1.  I think it is for several episodes.  So it could be Episode 5.  But then again, it could be from Episode 2 or any episode after (since we don't see the BF in epi 1 until the end of the episode and it isn't in the police station which this kiss was).

Edited by HJCougar

What ep does Dolph Laudgren start? He was cast pretty late, wasn't him? And he's in the promo.

Oh, and it sounds like Carly Pope saying "you work very late hours Mr. Queen" at the start of the video. And it sounds ~seductive, but maybe she's got him under surveillance and is talking to like, video footage of him being all Green Arrow-y?

• Love 1

I can't believe I liked the look of the flashback stuff in the trailer. I'm in shock. LOL.

The trailer definitely featured multiple episodes. Pretty sure there was a glimpse of Cody Rhodes and he's in 503 or 504, I think?

Edited by Guest

The only reservation I've had and still have for S5 is the noobs. Everything else looks/sounds fine to me. I don't care that Olicity are broken up I don't care that she has a new BF, I don't care that Diggle is in the Army (since I know he's back on the team by 504 (at the latest).

I just hope that it's not All Noobs All The Time on Arrow Season 5!

As for how many episodes covered it's up to 505. I think/know that because of the shirtless Wild Dog scene with the shovel...SA made a tweet about the actor being sick and filming a shirtless scene in the woods with a shovel. 

• Love 1

I have to admit it's possible it could be the Detective. Annoyingly, he's wearing the same outfit as Human Target. So IDK. I hope it's not the Detective though. He's so meh.

I'm holding out what little hope I have left that Felicity's storyline about Havenrock isn't exactly trailer material. I mean, they can't exactly show her having a breakdown in a trailer. It's more for snippets of action, IMO. So fingers crossed she's more than kissing some dude. PLEASE.

I definitely think Human Target. There are two other scenes mixed in to that promo which support it.

Oliver getting shot in a suit (same location as Human Target Jelly Donut)

Wild Dog fighting shirtless with shovel (SA tweet).

Additionally, Dolph Lundgren shows up (most likey in 506) as he was at the production office on 8/31 which was the first day of filming that episode.  So it's possible the promo goes up to 506, or perhaps he shows up at the very end of 505 and they filmed his 505/506 scenes together. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, smoaksmichaelas said:

Looks like detective to me. Wil's hair is black. They guy that Felicity is kissing has brown hair. I think?

It could go either way at this point. They look incredibly similar. My initial thought was Human Target though, especially as whoever is kissing her doesn't really look all that into it. His hand is just hanging there. Not something that should happen with her bf, IMO. But who knows? Guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, there's a clip of Oliver getting shot in the same area where Wil Traval claimed he "spilled ketchup," (or however he phrased it) in a BTS photo he posted so there appears to at least be another 5x05 scene in there too (unless Oliver gets shot twice, damn).

Thumbs up, lady!

ETA: Double post: feel free to delete.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2

It's Human Target. If you checkout his IG posts, he is wearing that leather jacket in a couple pics (including one with the CGI mask thing).

I just got to watch the trailer and I actually really liked it. The stunts look so much better and Bravta is intriguing. The noobs didn't actually bug me much because it seems so tied into Oliver. Time will tell of course.

Things that made me laugh. "She wouldn't want this"  - depends on the episode. And Stop. Get the poop statue and be done. 

I'm still confused about what his development is supposed to be. And what we as viewers are supposed to root for with the killing rule.

So annoyed that in the hero team shots, Felicity is kissing someone (congradulations on that ass tho). However, it does crack me up that that is what all the journos are leading with. 

• Love 4