Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Two POC's and a lady scene. That's something, right? Yeah, I've got nothing, and none of this sounds particularly exciting. I really hope there's an exciting sizzle reel at SDCC or they start spilling some amazing spoilers. 

• Love 9
(edited)
58 minutes ago, Chaser said:

A bunch of newbie vigilantes hitting the streets?

I hope OTA + T are judging so hard.

What if Curtis, Rick and Baby Canary are running around SC as the jr league amd getting into trouble, doing things wrong that Team Arrow have to fix? Maybe they're a direct reaction to the lack of TA over the summer?  Yeah, it's totally recycled from the Roy S2 storyline but, this show loves to recycle stories.

Huh, maybe Berlanti is pitching his own version of Teen Titans to DC/WB/CW.  That could totally explain why Baby Canary is now Artemis instead of Starling and the return of Roy ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

Sounds like the unveiling of Laura's statue turns everyone into idiots who think they can just become vigilantes.

That's so Laura.

I'm kidding. But also, I'm not?

(edited)

Probably shooting 5.01 & 5.02's action scenes together for the SDCC sizzle reel.  They keep talking about "back to basics".  This is their version of basics.  It also explains why Bamford is directing both.   

Edited by Sunshine
37 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Huh, maybe Berlanti is pitching his own version of Teen Titans to DC/WB/CW.  That could totally explain why Baby Canary is now Artemis instead of Starling and the return of Roy ?

That's the only thing that gives me  hope.

You'd think that by now, with the social media comments and the regular media reviews and the ratings, they would know that OTA + Roy/Thea is what gets viewers happiest. They even meta it on the show.

And then, they do this....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

A bunch of newbie vigilantes hitting the streets?

I hope OTA + T are judging so hard.

Of every weird-ass decision we know of so far for S5, I find bringing back Baby Canary to be the second-weirdest, behind only friend-zoning O/F. Honestly, who was asking for her to come back? No reviewers and close to zero members of the viewing audience. Not to be mean, but she's not even particularly attractive, especially not for the CW. She MUST know somebody, right? 

50 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Sounds like the unveiling of Laura's statue turns everyone into idiots who think they can just become vigilantes.

That's so Laura.

I'm kidding. But also, I'm not?

Well it is her legacy. :p

• Love 5
(edited)

Brought over from Social Media Thread

I really don't think they're killing it for season 5 either. Imo he really just did his usual thing with selling exactly what's in the moment and that's them being friends. Only i think he's been dismissive about a lot of things lately so it comes across harsher than necessary. 

I think S5A will have Olicity in the same place as 420-423. Where they are partners, friends, a broken up couple that are have kind of just ignored their issues in the face of bigger life changing situations. Basically they'll backburner the relationship and leave it to simmer raising the heat for 1 or 2 episodes.

My guess is in S5B (February Sweeps) they'll reverse their trend of breaking up the couple in favor of temp relationships and have Olicity get back together. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think S5A will have Olicity in the same place as 420-423. Where they are partners, friends, a broken up couple that are have kins of just igbored their issues in the face of bigger life changing situations. Basically they'll backburner the relationship and leave it to simmer raising the heat for 1 or 2 episodes.

My guess is S5B (February Sweeps) they'll reverse their trend of breaking up the couple in favor of temp relationships and have Olicity get back together. 

I can see that happening. I think they'll still throw In olicity moments but I don't think they're getting back together in 5A either. 

• Love 1
(edited)
23 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I can see that happening. I think they'll still throw In olicity moments but I don't think they're getting back together in 5A either. 

Yeah, i think there will be Olicity moments, kind of like what we had in S1B and S2A. Or even in 421 with the hug or 423 where they're standing side by side.  Basically,  I think S5A will be heavy on Olicity subtext but light on actual text.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, i think there will be Olicity moments, kind of like what we had in S1B and S2A. Or even in 421 with the hug or 423 where they're standing side by side.  Basically,  I think S5A will be heavy on Olicity subtext bit light on actual text.

If they give me S2 style moments, then I'm there for it. All the cups of coffee and illegal weapons shipments. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think S5A will have Olicity in the same place as 420-423. Where they are partners, friends, a broken up couple that are have kind of just ignored their issues in the face of bigger life changing situations. Basically they'll backburner the relationship and leave it to simmer raising the heat for 1 or 2 episodes.

My guess is in S5B (February Sweeps) they'll reverse their trend of breaking up the couple in favor of temp relationships and have Olicity get back together. 

This makes sense to me. They can continue what they've done in the back half of S4 with an Olicity moment or two in each ep, nothing big, maybe just a glance or a smile then ramp it up after the MSF. That's when the ratings begin to dip anyway, maybe try to counteract them with something a lot of folks get excited about: Olicity. And then end S5 on a huge positive note: a wedding ;)

• Love 2
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This makes sense to me. They can continue what they've done in the back half of S4 with an Olicity moment or two in each ep, nothing big, maybe just a glance or a smile then ramp it up after the MSF. That's when the ratings begin to dip anyway, maybe try to counteract them with something a lot of folks get excited about: Olicity. And then end S5 on a huge positive note: a wedding ;)

I could live with this, I may even like it if done right. For me if I start to feel that O/F has been dropped permanently that's when I'll probably flounce, it would just be one thing to far this show has done that I don't like and I don't want to watch a show that's not fun for me anymore. 

ETA: Now that I think of it, I know myself and others have complained when certain things happen off screen or we're told something instead of shown.  If they use season 5 to show a gradual rebuilding of the relationship, yes starting with friendship, then I think that could make a lot of sense and serve O/F and the show well. 

Edited by Thundercatmary
profound thoughts ;)
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Of every weird-ass decision we k  farwas  for S5, I find bringing back Baby Canary to be the second-weirdest, behind only friend-zoning O/F. Honestly, who was asking for her to come back? No reviewers and close to zero members of the viewing audience. Not to be mean, but she's not even particularly attractive, especially not for the CW. She MUST know somebody, right? 

From SAs social media posts last season, I think she signed a bigger multi episode arch that extended into s5. They are just riding out her contract. She seemed like a done deal for Arrow - no matter how she was received. It was only a matter of which mask she would wear. Baby Canary crashed so let's do Artemis. They are trying to bring the youth back to Arrow .

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kismet said:

From SAs social media posts last season, I think she signed a bigger multi episode arch that extended into s5. They are just riding out her contract. She seemed like a done deal for Arrow - no matter how she was received. It was only a matter of which mask she would wear. Baby Canary crashed so let's do Artemis. They are trying to bring the youth back to Arrow .

If they want to bring the "youth" back, surely they'd cast someone who was actually well-known. Rather than someone young.

The only "stunt casting" that may bring new viewers in is the wrestler guy.

Young is cheap. I think they didn't appreciate paying Coltons salary when his name did not bring the numbers they thought. So they went with a lesser name and a hopefully cheaper price tag. All they want is for younger people to relate to a character. Relative unknowns worked for Felicity and Sara, maybe they thought they would strike gold again. Plus i think the girl is known in some fan channels. Clearly the bigger names in the past were not always the biggest draw, especially if they carried a heavy price tag.

• Love 1

Bringing this from the Social Media thread.

Re: David maybe not having started shooting yet -- they're block shooting 501 and 502, so they could have scheduled all of David's scenes together for the tail end of the shoot. If most of it is Army/deployment stuff, it makes sense.

• Love 6

So from what I'm gathering I can skip 501 & 502 if need be?

Newbie heavy, Bamford directed, possibly flashpoint influenced, FS dating her boyfriend and little to no Dig. The only tease they've tempted me with is a shirtless OQ, I can just YouTube that. Good job Arrow spoiler team! Can't wait for SDCC maybe they'll be offering dental procedures.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dtissagirl said:

Bringing this from the Social Media thread.

Re: David maybe not having started shooting yet -- they're block shooting 501 and 502, so they could have scheduled all of David's scenes together for the tail end of the shoot. If most of it is Army/deployment stuff, it makes sense.

Yeah, i was thinking the same thing. I'm more curious about Chad Coleman he's not filming yet and just read the script.  Now, i suppose that could mean he just read the script because he starts filming next week for 501/502 or it could mean he doesn't show up until 503.

(edited)

Of course they're filming more of 501 next week.  Standard filming is 8-9 days,  they only started filming on 7/5.

501 Filming goes 7/5-7/15

They're filming 501/502 together in order to group scenes filmed in the same location at the same time.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Imo it's too early to presume there's little Diggle in 501 and 502, or that there is too much of the newbies. They filmed 4 days out of an 18 day shoot [501 script cover page lists a 9 day shoot]. For all we know the newbies are done, and David is shooting the next 14 days straight.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 7
(edited)

The BTS pictures we have had were in the lair.  With block shooting we can assume they are filming all lair scenes together.  If DR is not Diggle-ready as his Instagram shows, then Diggle will not be back in the lair in the first two episodes.  Maybe we will get Diggle scenes of him making it back to Star City or in the army, but if he's not in the lair by 5x02, I assume that he doesn't return to Star City until at least 5x02.

I suppose it is possible that the cast hangs around the big standing set while they set up other sets, but it seem unlikely.

Edited by TrueMyth
2 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Imo it's too early to presume there's little Diggle in 501 and 502, or that there is too much of the newbies. They filmed 4 days out of an 18 day shoot [501 script cover page lists a 9 day shoot]. For all we know the newbies are done, and David is shooting the next 14 days straight.

Yes, please.

Actually, I like Curtis, and I'm somewhat open to Wild Dog bc I've enjoyed that actor in other things. I have less than zero interest in Baby Canary.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TrueMyth said:

The BTS pictures we have had were in the lair.  With block shooting we can assume they are filming all lair scenes together.

I find that unlikely since they've only filmed for 4 days. In those 4 days they also shot some scenes for 502 based on location.  It takes 8-9 days to film 1 episode, the idea thst they filmed ALL of the lair scenes for 501 and 502 in 1-2 days seems unlikely, IMO.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

The BTS pictures we have had were in the lair.  With block shooting we can assume they are filming all lair scenes together. 

I suppose it is possible that the cast hangs around the big standing set while they set up other sets, but it seem unlikely.

I don't think you can make the assumption that they were shooting lair scenes.  In season 2 there was a BTS pic of  Paul Blackthorne, Ron Cross and I think EBR & SA in the lair.  Quentin's 2nd scene in the lair was in 3.19. (His first was in S1.)

This fall Chad plans to hang up his hero ways in his new role as Tobias Church on The CW’s fifth season of Arrow. His character has been described as an imposing gangster looking to unite the various criminal enterprises in Star City under his own singular command.

According to Chad he’s a bonafide badass.

“I was reading the script on the plane (before arriving at Walker Stalker Con.) He is Suge Knight, Jay-Z, and Dr. Dre all rolled into one. I’m telling you this is an amazing character. I’m gonna have so much fun with this guy.”

Tobias will also be very charming. After the destruction caused in season four and the hole left by the death of Damien Darhk, the criminal element of Star City will be a little scattered. That’s where Tobias comes in. He’ll seduce them with “brass knuckles and silver coins” to join his cause against the vigilantes of the city. After all, what’s a bad guy with no charm.

All of this means looming trouble for Team Arrow, who is down 3 members, and has Oliver’s mayoral duties to worry about on top of keeping Star City safe.

When asked, on a scale from 1 to 10, how much trouble Tobias is going to cause our heroes, Chad was quick to say 15.

“I’m dead serious. I’m telling you. I am not trying to hype it. I’m reading the script and I’m like wowwww. I can’t wait to get going on this one. He’s so smart and so quick with the words. He’s got savvy, sarcasm, smarter than everyone. He’s a strong man. It’s amazing.”

His new role is also going to be very demanding and full of “physical stuff.” With the ever amazing James Bamford on board as stunt coordinator, you can expect some amazing fight scenes between Tobias, the Green Arrow, and the rest of the team.

“I’m reading looking forward to working with the lead man (Stephen Amell) and mixing up. And just giving fans something new. You know, a new character in the repertoire where you really get to see me play a bad guy.”

http://fangirlish.com/chad-coleman-talks-tyreese-teases-new-role-arrow/

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

This guy sounds awesome, sweet, and really excited about the role which in turn has me excited!

I hope the writers does Coleman justice. And I hope the main baddie is as awesome as Coleman says he is :)

I'm try to temper my enthusiasm after Arrow wasted Neal McDonough last year. But Chad is making me sit up and pay attention :) The writers just really need to give him a fairly strong reason/motivation earlier AND STATE IT EXPLICITLY. Sounds like he's already got one, mentioning the vacuum in criminal leadership in Star City after Darhk's death. Wanting to be top dog and make money is all the reason he needs.

• Love 1

See, I'm the oposite. I loved Neal McDonugh and Darhk...yeah the ending wasn't as climatic as it could have been but, i loved the character. I actually think he's the best villain they ever did.  I'm hoping Coleman/Church  will actually measure up to what they did with Darhk.

• Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

http://fangirlish.com/chad-coleman-talks-tyreese-teases-new-role-arrow/

“I was reading the script on the plane (before arriving at Walker Stalker Con.) He is Suge Knight, Jay-Z, and Dr. Dre all rolled into one. I’m telling you this is an amazing character. I’m gonna have so much fun with this guy.”

So further evidence we are in desperate need of a musical episode???

I love me some Jay-Z and Dr. Dre, but its been a long time since I saw those guys as badass in a criminal way or bad guys. But they do have a lot of business savvy and can lay down a killa track. Suge Knight on the other hand still scares the shit out of me, so if he channels him - I will be very scared.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3

I'm trying to imagine these writers nailing a mix of Jay-Z, Dr Dre and Suge Knight and I can't see it. 

I really like Chad Coleman tho and I think he will be able to elevate marterial so there's that at least. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm trying to imagine these writers nailing a mix of Jay-Z, Dr Dre and Suge Knight and I can't see it. 

I really like Chad Coleman tho and I think he will be able to elevate marterial so there's that at least. 

Chad Coleman set the bar for them high with that explanation. Not sure Jay-Z or Dr. Dre would blend well into one character. I think he was just trying to be political and represent each coast. I think he'll be mostly Suge and that will probably be more than enough.

However, look at the writers that nailed Straight Outta Compton and Empire, I wouldn't imagine those writers nailing that genre or story but those are some pretty impressive scripts & characters. So anything is possible. Maybe that's their inspirational media this year, they put away the Potter and brought out the Gangsta Rap.

16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They could totally have done it accidentally, which seems to be how they nail most things character related. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, kismet said:

Chad Coleman set the bar for them high with that explanation. Not sure Jay-Z or Dr. Dre would blend well into one character. I think he was just trying to be political and represent each coast. I think he'll be mostly Suge and that will probably be more than enough.

However, look at the writers that nailed Straight Outta Compton and Empire, I wouldn't imagine those writers nailing that genre or story but those are some pretty impressive scripts & characters. So anything is possible. Maybe that's their inspirational media this year, they put away the Potter and brought out the Gangsta Rap.

Well, Empire is a hit.

On that note, how totally weird is that Jonathan from Buffy is the co-creator of Empire (and an otherwise very successful writer). I think it's impossible to figure out who's going to make it big, and he's a perfect example (along with Melissa McCarthy and Sebastian Stan).

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Sunshine said:

I don't think you can make the assumption that they were shooting lair scenes.  In season 2 there was a BTS pic of  Paul Blackthorne, Ron Cross and I think EBR & SA in the lair.  Quentin's 2nd scene in the lair was in 3.19. (His first was in S1.)

When was Lance in the lair in S1? 

(edited)
45 minutes ago, bijoux said:

When was Lance in the lair in S1? 

I think the point was that actors visit or rest in the lair set when they aren't necessarily shooting there.  The new set is particularly large, so the space could be used for a green room of sorts while they film other sets.

That said, with Foundry Fridays back in S1 and 2, I gathered the lair scenes typically take about a day per script to shoot, meaning two-three days could be all they need for 5x01 and 5x02 shot in block.  But then, maybe more if there are more actors (therefore more cover shots).

Edited by TrueMyth
Or what Password said.
  • Love 1