Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

36 minutes ago, looptab said:

Cool. I've always wanted it to be a more prominent journalist figure on the show, aside from the channel 52 people.

But yeah, I think there's a good chance she might be also that LI we were talking about. No meltdown, just an observation :)

Has there been any spoilers about a love interest or is this just speculation?

1 minute ago, tv echo said:

I really hope she's not a new love interest for Oliver.  I'd hate if he went back to his womanizing ways - that would such a regression. When I read the spoiler, I immediately thought of that reporter played by Leslie Bibb in the first Iron Man movie, who slept with Tony Stark.

Wasn't Leslie Bibb also in Popular? So two alums of Popular sleep with the male hero while their Girls Friday get annoyed.

I'm teasing, but I really do think there's a good chance of some degree of LIs, maybe for both O and F. The new young cop would be my guess for Felicity. Could just be a flirtation that helps them realize they want each other. This show is just so weird, I really do think Guggie would think that's a great thing to do.

Now, if Mary Cherry shows up to get busy with Oliver, I am ALL IN.

• Love 8
(edited)

It's just speculation at this point.  However, there's also this...

Apparently SA did a Q&A on Weibo as part of his TMNT2 promo tour in China and he said the following:

Now I don't know if he was joking or if he was giving a serious spoiler.

ETA: For that reason, I didn't post this in the Spoilers thread.

Edited by tv echo

At this point, with their little Green Lantern obsession - I half expect a new character to show up by the name of Jordan Hal or Scott Alan who likes rings & flying.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I really hope she's not a new love interest for Oliver.  I'd hate it if he went back to his womanizing ways - that would such a regression.

Dating one person does not a womanizer make. If we had a three women in one season situation like in season one, then absolutely. 

IRL someone like Oliver would probably try dipping his toe back in the waters, since Felicity made it pretty clear that marriage was off the table for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the show went there at all, although I don't really have any desire to watch it. Not because I think it'd be a regression, but because they set some expectations (for me) with the engagement and near wedding last year. I just won't buy anything else at this point. 

• Love 14
(edited)
6 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Wasn't Leslie Bibb also in Popular? So two alums of Popular sleep with the male hero while their Girls Friday get annoyed.

I thought the same thing.

I'm probably ok with this new character trying to come at OQ from a sexual angle. OQ has grown up, but women were always one of his weaknesses. I would be disappointed if this character did not at least try to sleep with OQ once to get information. I want to see OQ be stronger and not produce another Isobel situation. But with these writers I fully expect them to have this new actress be Isobel part deux.

Edited by kismet
(edited)

I think it's possible people might be making more out of Stephens comments about Olicity.

As far as I can tell he's just said that starting season 5 their not together which isn't really shocking IMO.

Honestly I hope there's no new LI's, this show is already starting to lose me as it is. 

Edited by Thundercatmary
  • Love 12
(edited)
13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Dating one person does not a womanizer make. If we had a three women in one season situation like in season one, then absolutely. 

IRL someone like Oliver would probably try dipping his toe back in the waters, since Felicity made it pretty clear that marriage was off the table for them. I wouldn't be surprised if the show went there at all, although I don't really have any desire to watch it. Not because I think it'd be a regression, but because they set some expectations (for me) with the engagement and near wedding last year. I just won't buy anything else at this point. 

I think I must have been a major mananizer back in the day, because in college and even law school I dated more than three guys in a semester. 

Agree re him maybe giving dating a try again. I think if Felicity died, particularly bc of Arrow stuff (v. in a random car accident or natural causes), he'd probably be celibate for life. But otherwise, I don't see him staying single forever if he truly believes their romantic relationship is over.

Leslie Pope did not play my favorite Popular character (Mary Cherry always), but she's a competent actress. The young cop is cute. So I'm okay with some likely temp other LIs.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
(edited)

LOL, I don't see the problem with speculation about new love interests. This is Arrow. They always go the cheapest, most cliché route with relationships. Oliver trying to move on is totally something they would do. And I don't mean in a serious way. I can just see some flirting and a couple of dates before (hopefully) they figure out that they can't move on and never really wanted to. 

Like @apinknightmare, I have no desire to watch that because I don't see how you go from almost married to dating someone else. I have expectations from s4 Olicity. I had certain expectations the moment Felicity was Oliver's last thought before he 'died' in s3. But I can't deny the possibility of love interests. Not after watching four seasons of this show and especially not after what they did to Olicity with the baby mama garbage. 

No freakout. Just genuine 'it is what it is.'

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 11
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Jessie2009 said:

Has there been any spoilers about a love interest or is this just speculation?

It's speculation, some of us think they might go there. But nothing certain at this point. :)

While I do think that this new character might develop some flirtation with Oliver, and I wouldn't mind the scenario @apinknightmare proposed, of her sort of trying to trick him and not reveal her hand from the get-go, I strongly wish they refrained from the "sleep with him for informations" thing. They didn't even go there with Isabel, and she was a villain, so I'd think we're good. But that scenario would definitely put her in a bad light, and I'm tired of women's sensuality being depicted in a bad light.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5
Just now, Velocity23 said:

Every new attractive casting is being thrown in as new LI. When they usually announce when they turning someone in a possible LI.

Maybe they want to give the poor actors a little extra time before they start getting the inevitable social media backlash.

5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Agree re him maybe giving dating a try again. I think if Felicity died, particularly bc of Arrow stuff (v. in a random car accident or natural causes), he'd probably be celibate for life

SadPanda4LYF!

• Love 4
(edited)

It's not even July and there's been a bunch of new characters introduced.  Now if a lot more young women are added to the cast in recurring or guest roles over the next month or two, then I think we need to worry about the return of womanizing Oliver.

Oliver dating again bothers me in this respect. Can he still be in love with Felicity and have sex with other women?  It's that old S2 question of whether Oliver could've been in love with Felicity then when he slept with Sara.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
Just now, Velocity23 said:

They would suddenly care?

Maybe they felt bad for Elysia Rotaru. 

Also, maybe it's meant to be a twist or something. I very much doubt they announced Caity Lotz as a love interest...in part, of course, because they seemingly had no plan to make her the love interest.  I'm guessing same with Isabel, not announced as one-night stand, etc.

(edited)

I know I'm in a bad mood today, but honestly if they don't use s5 to put together Olicity to the almost perfect coupledom they were & can still be - I might check out of the show. Either get them on the road to reunion or completely obliterate them as an option. I can see how 5a mini-LI could be used in a positive way to spur them back together. But I am not here for a full on redeux of Ray.

I don't watch Arrow for romance, which is why I have no desire to watch a will they or won't they couple. I don't think it makes for good television with this writers room. It rarely ever does, it requires a certain level of writing caliber and actor dynamics to work - both of which Arrow does not have. There is too much chemistry between SA/EBR and the show has gone too far with the engagement, OQ one woman celibacy during s3/4. If they wanted will they/won't they, that should have made different choices in s3 & s4. They basically revealed to us their perfect endgame, you can't wiggle back from that. It is not unseeable. And I don't think I'll wait around to see it happen again. 

Not to mention she who should not be named, but if she was still around then a will they/won't they relationship post engagement break & BMD would have fit the couple and their history. They really did screw the pooch when they messed up that casting in the pilot with no chemistry test. Everything the writers want to write from a LI/romantic destiny fits OQ/LL so well and simultaneously fails so miserably with OQ/FS because they are in their foundation and heart of hearts a completely different couple. Please writers, stop trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I really want them to embrace O/F and its natural beauty. Let O/L go, it is only going to ruin the show.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 21
7 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I think I must have been a major mananizer back in the day, because in college and even law school I dated more than three guys in a semester. 

You mananizer!

I just meant in terms of *Oliver's* progression/regression that I wouldn't think anything of him dating again generally speaking, but if we had another season where he slept with 3 or more women, I would probably be concerned for the future, haha. 

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Every new attractive casting is being thrown in as new LI. When they usually announce when they turning someone in a possible LI.

Has anyone else been speculated to be a LI this off season? With O/F not together, I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the possibilities - no one seems to be having a meltdown over it or anything. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Oliver dating again bothers me in this respect. Can he still be in love with Felicity and having sex with other women?  It's that old S2 question of whether Oliver could've been in love with Felicity when he slept with Sara.

The show seemingly answered that question in the affirmative. I personally can't imagine sleeping with someone when I was in love with someone else, but on this show, if helpful to the plot, they seem to be fine with it (also Oliver slept with Helena and McKenna while supposedly in love with Laurel).

He/Felicity also may not have sex with these other people. Felicity in particular seems like a sex only in serious relationships girl, so it may not go that far, and Oliver could just flirt with/maybe have a date or two with the reporter.

Or nothing happens and O/F are back together quickly with no romantic shenanigans. Who knows. I just know that Guggie is, IMO, rather an idiot.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

You mananizer!

I just meant in terms of *Oliver's* progression/regression that I wouldn't think anything of him dating again generally speaking, but if we had another season where he slept with 3 or more women, I would probably be concerned for the future, haha. 

Has anyone else been speculated to be a LI this off season? With O/F not together, I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about the possibilities - no one seems to be having a meltdown over it or anything. 

I hear ya, I have just never really understood the whole womanizer thing. To me, a 27-year-old guy, especially a hot/rich guy, sleeping with three women in a year, each of whom he has some degree of feelings for, practically makes him a monk. I mean I have TONS of issues with Oliver, but that is not one. 

Look at me defending Oliver!

• Love 9

If O/F do not reunite by mid s5, I actually could see OQ returning to his merry-go-round of women. If he can't be with the one he truly loves, I can see him just having flings & one-night stands. It would be a lonely existence, but it works for him. I feel bad for the women who think they have a shot, but don't have sex with people who are in love with other people. A "womanizing" OQ does make sense if FS refuses to take him back. I don't see it happening in s5, because I do envision him trying to fight for her. However, in s6, a fully dating with no strings attached OQ is what I would expect to see. Which is why I would not be rooting for them to get back together at that point.

I think both Oliver and Felicity will date but nothing serious. However, I don't think the Susan lady will be Oliver's LI. I think it's somebody they haven't announced yet. Probably somebody that will work in Mayor's office with him.

37 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Maybe they felt bad for Elysia Rotaru. 

Also, maybe it's meant to be a twist or something. I very much doubt they announced Caity Lotz as a love interest...in part, of course, because they seemingly had no plan to make her the love interest.  I'm guessing same with Isabel, not announced as one-night stand, etc.

They kind of sorta did. Way before CL was cast, the casting sides for the character "Lisa" which turned out to be Sara hinted at a LI type character.  They obviously weren't going there 100% from the beginning but, I certainly believed it was something they had in the back of their mind.  The sides hinted at it and, they did do a chemistry test between CL/SA.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The reporter is gonna uncover the Arrow conspiracy and be the cause of Roy coming back.

I like this! Though wouldn't that automatically out Oliver?

Edited by looptab
3 minutes ago, looptab said:

I like this! Though wouldn't that automatically out Oliver?

I like Velocity's idea, and not necessarily. Quentin really had a totally shitty case, esp with all the LOA Arrow clones running around. (And Felicity being targeted; god Quentin was a moron in those episodes.)

• Love 1

No meltdown here but, I definitely got a potential LI vibe off of that write up.

This could also explain SA's answers to Olicity questions. His comments/attitude are totally reminiscent  (to me) of his answers to Olicity questions starting in January 2013. Right before they came back from winter break and he already S/O became a thing he was very poo-poo on Olicity and the chance for Olicity.  Which of course could have been him downplaying Olicity because of the Surprise twist or because he was toeing the company line and pimping S/O.

• Love 5

I like the idea of her uncovering the conspiracy, but I'm not such a fan of Roy being let off the hook and not sticking around. Not that we need more people hanging around, but if Colton isn't back full time, then Roy's just gonna....leave again if he doesn't have to? 

• Love 1

I would love for another female character to be added as a regular. I like the idea of having a reporter in the mix. That's one of the reasons I don't want her and Oliver to be involved. I don't want Oliver to have been involved with every age appropriate female regular (Artemis is a baby).

I'm resigned to it because TPTB love to repeat plot points, but I don't want to watch it.

• Love 5

If you ask me, this new character is less a potential love interest and more a way to keep tormenting er that is baiting Green Lantern fans.

I may not be looking at this neutrally.

• Love 8

I cannot even say that I'd mind a new love interest because at least it were to mean that they'd have to somewhat acknowledge where O/F stand. So either drop it or go the romance 101 route and God knows that formulated storylines work so well for them. I doubt they will drop it completely but (at least to me) if going by the last 2 episodes, it didn't seem like something that they wanted to adress at all. It just seemed like white noise. But then again so was a lot of 4B to me. That is what it felt like to me. And now with the 5 months between then and now, I feel as though we either missed a lot or nothing at all. I do have to admit though, that O/F and O/F/D is what drew me to the show in the first place and now I feel almost no excitement because everything that they release makes it feel as though they want to do anything but that. Obviously it is just casting and no actually storyline spoilers but so far there are just so many people and expect the bad guy casting nothing is getting me very hyped.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

It's just speculation at this point.  However, there's also this...

Apparently SA did a Q&A on Weibo as part of his TMNT2 promo tour in China and he said the following:

Now I don't know if he was joking or if he was giving a serious spoiler.

ETA: For that reason, I didn't post this in the Spoilers thread.

I don't think Olibarry is going to happen outside of slash fan fic... but can you imagine what their relationship would look like? It would probably be some medieval guilt chamber thing, perhaps they try to one up each other with depressing journal entries while they listen to some emo music and contemplate whether Debbie Downer's personality is just a little too upbeat from time to time.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

You know, I think I remember Marc Guggenheim talking about bringing a reporter character for last season. Things might have gotten too busy last year and they finally found time (and the money?) to do it this season.

This?

http://collider.com/arrow-season-3-marc-guggenheim-interview/

What is the Starling City public’s opinion about what’s happened with The Arrow?

GUGGENHEIM:  Something that’s always been a struggle in writing the show is, how do we keep Starling City alive? All this stuff happens, and how do you get the general man-on-the-street opinion of things? It’s just a hard thing. We don’t really have a character like that. We don’t have a newspaper reporter who you go home with and learn about everyone’s opinions through. I actually would love for us to develop that aspect of the show. We just haven’t figured out how to do that yet. It’s just not where the show lives, at the moment.

Arrow airs on Wednesday nights on The CW.

• Love 4

Assuming O & F get back together some time this season the character could be a catalyst for O/F instead of a LI for Oliver.  The way it was set up in S4, Felicity walking out and refusing all Oliver's attempts at talking/explaining is as much to blame for the break up as Oliver's lie.  Oliver made his attempt in 4.16. I think if O&F reconcile Felicity will have to make the 1st move.  What better way to do that then to realize he could be moving on?  He wouldn't have to be it could just look like he is.  Between being vigilantes, Oliver being interim mayor and then running for election, and Felicity trying to get Palmer Tech back (or start her own company, or whatever) neither one has probably had much time to think about their personal lives during the show's hiatus.

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't think this character will be a love interest but who knows tbh after baby mama drama I can see them doing anything. I just don't know how they would pull off Oliver even considering dating someone else without serious damage to his character and olicity,  after telling Felicity she's his always and after being totally at fault for their break up.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 9

That's my issue as well. He wanted to propose after a few months, messed everything up then tricked her into fake marrying him and told her she is his always. The year before he was celibate for a year and said since Felicity was with Ray he was going to die alone. Now after all of this if he is going to date someone new after just a few months I would have to think those feelings he was talking about weren't as big as he was saying they were. Honestly if they put him into a new relationship like he was with Sara or McKenna I don't think I would want him back with Felicity. I wouldn't think much of a few dates or something like that but not a relationship after everything.

• Love 9
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

That's my issue as well. He wanted to propose after a few months, messed everything up then tricked her into fake marrying him and told her she is his always. The year before he was celibate for a year and said since Felicity was with Ray he was going to die alone. Now after all of this if he is going to date someone new after just a few months I would have to think those feelings he was talking about weren't as big as he was saying they were. Honestly if they put him into a new relationship like he was with Sara or McKenna I don't think I would want him back with Felicity. I wouldn't think much of a few dates or something like that but not a relationship after everything.

And Felicity gave him his ring back and told him to keep it for good. And so far hasn't given him any indication that she ever wants to get back together with him. Is he supposed to be celibate for the rest of his life? Not ever see if he can try and move on and be happy? Like, I truly believe that Oliver would do whatever he had to do to get back with Felicity, but she gave him a pretty final answer there. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Wait, when did Oliver trick Felicity into fake marrying him?

I personally don't think his S3 no-dating/die-alone-if-I-can't-have-Felicity thing has any relevance any more. He was basically very severely depressed for nearly all of S3. I don't think all that many severely depressed people want to date or see ways out of their misery. Plus he was busy dying and being Al Sah-Douche and whatnot, and barely leaving the lair except to get in fights. He's in a much healthier place now, which includes at least the possibility of moving on if he believes Felicity is 100% romantically unavailable (but not dead). And yeah, he told her she's his always, but he also lied to her face for months, so who knows with him. His words don't seem to mean a whole lot...at least if the writers don't want them to.

So I think the show is dumb enough to do it, but I also think it's kind of realistic (I know those ideas seem like opposites). I agree with the general consensus that I don't want to watch it, but it doesn't enrage me.

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay to put everything that happened on the table... As @apinknightmare stated:

• Felicity gave Oliver the ring and told him to keep it for good
  • Felicity broke up with him (for good reason)
  • For all intends and purposes Felicity hasn't given Oliver any indication that she wants to or will ever want to get back together with him

So while it was definitely Oliver's fault that Felicity broke up with him, in his point of view, Felicity is done with him because she broke up with him and told him to keep the ring for good. So I can see Oliver trying but failing to move on because of how deep his feelings for Felicity are. Is it wrong for Oliver to try to move on if he thinks Felicity shut that door completely? No it's not wrong. Although I would really like to see him fight for Felicity and earn her trust back before he starts dating other people.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

And Felicity gave him his ring back and told him to keep it for good. And so far hasn't given him any indication that she ever wants to get back together with him. Is he supposed to be celibate for the rest of his life? Not ever see if he can try and move on and be happy? Like, I truly believe that Oliver would do whatever he had to do to get back with Felicity, but she gave him a pretty final answer there. 

And a few episodes later while calmer she also told him she didn't think what she said about not believing he could change and that seems something to me.

If it was me I couldn't move on and be happy with someone else a few months after I planned to marry someone I truly loved. We aren't talking about the rest of his life, we are talking a few months later.

If that happens for me it means that relationship wasn't what I thought it was so I don't see why I should keep rooting for it.

• Love 8
(edited)

I think realistically it's not wrong. But I do believe for me to buy it and be okay with it on the show, they would have to show more than Oliver promising never to lie again in his vows right after they broke up in a fake wedding we could all see was devestating for Felicity and then dropping any attempt or chance for him to actually prove she can trust him.

She also already took back what she said about believing he could never change which was the reason she gave for never wanting to get back together again, told him she only said that because she was so hurt and kinda told him she still loved him after they broke up and it was clear she still does. 

So it would look pretty bad and damage olicity for me if Oliver decided he wanted to try to move on a few months after the break up especially considering how much he loves her.Maybe I could buy it if like they come back in season 5 and show Oliver tried again and Felicity still gave definite no but with how little they showed of their relationship since 4.16 not really. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If that happens for me it means that relationship wasn't what I thought it was so I don't see why I should keep rooting for it.

This is totally just me, but for me you've basically perfectly encapsulated my feelings about Oliver and Felicity as a couple. I loved them in S1 and S2, but had VERY SERIOUS ISSUES with them in S3 (LBR, I had very serious issues with every single aspect of S3 except Roy). Then they were so cute in the beginning of S4, then I heard rumblings of the disaster 4.8 was likely to be and bowed out but kept up with events, and it just got worse and worse. I cannot FUCKING BELIEVE this guy proposed to her, three times, while lying to her face about something THAT BIG that hugely affects her, and was SO TOTALLY UNNECESSARY to lie about. To this day I kind of can't believe it, but it happened. So for me, O/F are permanently less than they were. The writers broke them. They'll be glued back together, sure, but I'll always be able to see the seams.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

So while it was definitely Oliver's fault that Felicity broke up with him, in his point of view, Felicity is done with him because she broke up with him and told him to keep the ring for good. So I can see Oliver trying but failing to move on because of how deep his feelings for Felicity are. Is it wrong for Oliver to try to move on if he thinks Felicity shut that door completely? No it's not wrong. Although I would really like to see him fight for Felicity and earn her trust back before he starts dating other people.

I basically agree with all of this, but re: the last bit--Felicity would need to say something that indicates she is, in any way, open and interested in getting back together with him, even if she still has some fears or doubts. Then he could start the proving-himself process. But otherwise...I mean, people thought it was manipulative for him to remind Felicity of his feelings in S3. I don't see a difference here. He laid it all out in 416; doing that again, unprompted, would seem disrespectful.

14 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

And a few episodes later while calmer she also told him she didn't think what she said about not believing he could change and that seems something to me.

If it was me I couldn't move on and be happy with someone else a few months after I planned to marry someone I truly loved. We aren't talking about the rest of his life, we are talking a few months later.

That first part might seem like something to viewers (it did to me), but it definitely wasn't meant to be Felicity explicitly opening the door again for Oliver (if it were, there would have been many significant looks and maybe some actual movement, uggghhh this stupid show). To the other part, I wonder if you'd have the same feeling about Felicity trying to move on. Yes, she was the wronged party in the breakup, but she is also the one who does not currently want to get back together, where Oliver would probably do anything to get back together with her, as @apinknightmare said. So if she tried to move on, would that also damage your impression of the depth of her feelings? Because to me, the motivation in both cases would be the same. It would be an attempt to get over their feelings for the other person because of their underlying belief that there is no chance for that relationship, and that attempt would ultimately fail because the feelings would be too strong.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm a bit torn because Felicity did give the ring back for good, so it's not wrong for Oliver to see that as them being over and try to move on. But at the same time I'd still like to see him try to get her back? IDK.

It's tricky because ever since their break-up I was hoping for a scene where Oliver would be confronted with a situation where he had to make a choice whether to lie to her again and he chose not to, thereby showing her that he was willing to change and include her. But that never happened. So part of me is still kinda waiting for that. At the same time, how can they show that? Seems impossible, IMO. In reality, it will be up to Felicity to decide whether she wants to take a chance on him again.

I think it all depends on how they handle them in 501 and what exactly they've been doing with their relationship for 5 months. It could be that they're in relationship limbo because they've been so busy and both of them are too scared to make the first move. Or it could be that they've genuinely moved on. I'd prefer the former but if it's the latter, it would make me question why I was still rooting for them if they could move on so easily after everything.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 14

I don't see Oliver trying to move on as crazy at all. Him attempting a relationship seems almost right. It will have been months, not weeks, since the break up. 

I'm okay with Felicity making the move. She was the one who had to end the relationship (and I do think she needed to), she should be the one to say that's do this. 

I really really hate the idea that Felicity needs to see what she is missing before making that move. She knows exactly what them at their best feels like. It also implies that she needs her perspective to adapt instead of Oliver showing her actual growth on his part. I do think she walked away to quickly but he shoved her out the door. His "I'm sorry and I won't lie again" doesn't work for me. 

I want them back together but I'd much he try and move on and decide it wasn't right v him being comfortable in a new relationship and then she makes a big statement. 

Its a fine line for me. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Carrie Ann said:

I basically agree with all of this, but for the last bit--Felicity would need to say something that indicates she is, in any way, open and interested in getting back together with him, even if she still has some fears or doubts. Then he could start the proving-himself process. But otherwise...I mean, people thought it was manipulative for him to remind Felicity of his feelings in S3. I don't see a difference here. He laid it all out in 416; doing that again, unprompted, would seem unfair.

That first part might seem like something to viewers, but it definitely wasn't meant to be Felicity explicitly opening the door again for Oliver (if it were, there would have been many significant looks and maybe some actual movement, uggghhh this stupid show). To the other part, I wonder if you'd have the same feeling about Felicity trying to move on. Yes, she was the wronged party in the breakup, but she is also the one who does not currently want to get back together, where Oliver would probably do anything to get back together with her, as @apinknightmare said. So if she tried to move on, would that also damage your impression of the depth of her feelings? Because to me, the motivation in both cases would be the same. It would be an attempt to get over their feelings for the other person because of their underlying belief that there is no chance for that relationship, and that attempt would ultimately fail because the feelings would be too strong.

What does that say about a person that he would do anything to get back with her but in case she isn't available he would just go for the next best thing? Is that some great love? Not by my definition.

If Felicity honestly believed she can't get back with Oliver because she can't get over what he did (that I don't believe by the way) I wouldn't fault her for trying to move on, even if yes, seeing her happy in a relationship with someone else only months after she was in love and about to marry someone else would make me question her feelings for him.

As I said I wouldn't mind a few dates or something like that but a new, "happy" relationship would be awful for me. I most likely wouldn't want them together after something like that.

• Love 6