Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm loving the panic trolling of the wedding photo... they look so sad :( If they were really ballsy & dumb, I would think that MG actually believes he could get away with an actual wedding. The lack of guests pretty much confirms HalluciWedding, but I could see MG thinking that a wedding is a perfect way to top off this BMD. Perhaps FS could even dump him on the altar. Maximum Drama potential.

I hope the ratings tank and social media goes dark. I actually hope the reviewers all rip into this storyline as well. It just needs to happen. The writers & apparently SA lack the insight into the problems with the BMD. And perhaps the numbers is the only way to make them see that there are fundamental storytelling issues with the storyline that have nothing to do with shippers or people unable to accept DaddyOQ. I get it a kid is something to protect & love, but that is not the narrative you told.

• Love 7

The only thing I felt seeing that image was the urge to roll my eyes.

It doesn't look like the dress fits EBR well on top and the decorations look cheap to me. Hallucination Oliver has no taste.

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 8

It doesn't look like the dress fits EBR well on top and the decorations look cheap to me. Hallucination Oliver has no taste.

The sad thing is that since they seem to be planning an actual wedding, Hallucination Oliver's hallucination might actually be based in reality. 

• Love 2

I'm definitely glad that it's not their real wedding. EBR looks so beautiful but I don't like the dress so if we get the chance for a real wedding, luckily we'll see a different dress! LOL. 

I'm trying to find the silver linings guys! Just let me get my magnifying glass. Haha.

• Love 10

Maybe she quits and then comes back after she makes a difference in the world? I DON'T KNOW

After reading that paragraph about 1/2 dozen times I wonder if she decides to embrace an "oracle-type" role.  She doesn't want to work at Palmer during the day and Team Arrow at night so she finds a way to combine them.  She still helps the team but she creates the technology to gather information for superheroes around the world.  (Or just other operating in and around Star City).  She has connections to Green Arrow, Black Canary, Speedy, Spartan, Arsenal, Flash, ATOM, Vixen, Vibe and Mr. Teriffic.  Others may be coming. Maybe they are moving her outside just the confines of Team Arrow.  The team also could break down into smaller groups.  

• Love 9

Question for the more in the know with scheduling. Since Flash does not come back until March 22, does that mean that Arrow won't come back until March 23?

Are they really planning on leaving the show on this high note of BMD, broken Olicity & DD with a win? Good strategy, I'm not sure any wedding photos will remove the stank from their crappy storytelling.

Also - saw a different cut preview that has DD saying he keeps on winning against OQ/GA, he says its just "rinse and repeat"; so I totally believe that someone in the writers room is well aware of how people are talking about their plots. The problem is that they are not cheeky enough with their plots to actually make those meta statements funny enough to overcome their lack of creativity.

• Love 1

that sounds like Chloe on Smallville.

I remember MG saying when they had to change the name of 3.05 from Oracle that the name had changed but her "destiny" had not.  After reading that interview I googled Oracle and establishing a worldwide network for information gathering/sharing for superheroes was one of the first things that popped up.  She has been a bridge for some of these heroes already - ATOM, Flash, Mr. Terrific.

• Love 1

Flash isn't back until March 22. Are we sure Arrow is back March 16?

We won't know until they give the date. Last year they put an extra week into Flash which screwed up the timeline.

Arrow could be back in 2 weeks (like last year) or it could return in 3 weeks. Which seems like a huge break.

Edited by Morrigan2575

A full month of stewing in my bitterness may turn me off Arrow completely.

But what if they put LL in the grave?

A full month of stewing in my bitterness may turn me off Arrow completely.

But what if they put LL in the grave?

Confetti! It's a Parade!

I honestly don't know what I would do without you on this board. No one else is on the same "there's a real big chance LL will die" train like you and me. Don't leave me. I will legit threaten you with crying dawson leery gifs :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I honestly don't know what I would do without you on this board. No one else is on the same "there's a real big chance LL will die" train like you and me. Don't leave me. I will legit threaten you with crying dawson leery gifs :p

Don't forget about me!  I've been unwavering in my belief (and quite vocal) that LL is in the grave since 4x01. 

• Love 5

I DID NOT KNOW THIS :p lol I'm enjoying this :p

Re-read any post about grave speculation I've made so far this season!  I've worked it casually into seemingly unrelated posts, like "Donna is sooo pretty; it's definitely LL in the grave!" (OK, so maybe not that one).

If anything, I think the newest Olicity wedding pic is just further proof--if that isn't photographic evidence of Laurel's HELL, I don't know what is!!  [bwahahaha]

• Love 1

I've been on the LL is in the grave train since episode 401. I have posts to prove it :) The only time I wavered is when I think the writers will chicken out and choose a non-major character. Sorry, I have some major trust issues with these writers.

But I've always put a Lance in the grave if they stick to their promises, and I've always leaned towards LL being the one.

I'm just trying not jinx it, but I full expect a KC/BC heroic death in 418, with her swan song in 419. 

• Love 1

I think the wedding pic is proof that whatever happens between Olicity tomorrow is really BAD. LOL. I wasn't gonna watch live but I think I need to just to get it over and done with. Yikes.

I don't think the pic release indicates the level of badness. I mean, they're going to break up - that's pretty bad. And since the show is going to go on a however many week long hiatus, they want to give people something to tune back in for. If I had to guess, the preview at the end of tomorrow's ep might feature this hallucination wedding, just to trick people into possibly thinking that they somehow manage to find a way to get married in the next ep. Except joke's on them! LMAO

• Love 8

In response to Felicity's reaction in the limo: “I think that it’s someone closer to Felicity,” Rickards tells EW. “I always thought it would be somebody closer to Felicity. I just think that it’s probably going to hurt everyone a lot, like a lot.”

Is she intentionally trying to throw us off? The only character who's closer to Felicity is Donna and I'm fairly certain it isn't her.

I feel like their seeming panic is a little overwrought. I mean, ratings are at low regular. It's sweeps, so that's not great, but this PR push feels like more than that. I wonder if they're starting to rethink putting Vixen in this episode? Maybe she was supposed to get a spinoff, or maybe more likely become a draw for LoT, presumably next season? Which will be a tougher sell if ratings for this episode go down, thus the big push?

In response to Felicity's reaction in the limo: “I think that it’s someone closer to Felicity,” Rickards tells EW. “I always thought it would be somebody closer to Felicity. I just think that it’s probably going to hurt everyone a lot, like a lot.”

Is she intentionally trying to throw us off? The only character who's closer to Felicity is Donna and I'm fairly certain it isn't her.

Truthfully, this makes me sway more towards LL being the grave.  We have seen glimpses of their friendship throughout last season and this season and they've been playing with the press on the supposed friendship they have.  Felicity helped encourage Laurel to become the Black Canary.  Felicity would run to Laurel to cry when Oliver went to Nanda Parbat, so it is already presumed that they were close back then and probably even more so now because of time on the team.  I would say that despite Oliver's history with LL, Felicity may be closer to LL than Oliver is right now.  They also hint at possibly hanging out more together in future episodes.  It would make sense with the flash forward that Felicity asks Oliver if he is ok - after all, he did love LL for half his life - and at the same time, Felicity may be closer to LL now, so they will both hurt a lot. 

• Love 3

I believe the closest people to Felicity are Oliver, Donna and Diggle and EBR's wording makes me scared it's Dig I WILL RAGE if they kill Dig

• Love 1

I don't know, I think in the writers' minds everyone on the team is close now. I genuinely think they believe that because they work together all the time. So Felicity being upset doesn't really sway me to one person more than another, simply because Felicity will probably be upset about anyone.

I still think her reaction in the flash-forward limo scene is more anger about who they have to kill, not who died.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

its hallucination caused by Cupid. I cannot wait for the meltdowns because a BC/GA villain is being used for Olicity all while LL is stuck in court.

She's already been on the show before so I don't think many will care.

I believe the closest people to Felicity are Oliver, Donna and Diggle and EBR's wording makes me scared it's Dig I WILL RAGE if they kill Dig

If they did kill off Diggle, I would give them applause since that would take some of the biggest balls to do imo and would cause the most change apart from Felicity if she would have had died.

I selfishly hope they take a month break because I have a show to see on March 16th, and if I'm going to miss Arrow, I want it to be my choice of protest, dammit, not because I'm elsewhere. 

I am laughing a bit that that wedding pic was released because it's pretty transparent marketing. Even if we know it's a hallucination, it's still a ...but wait, Olicity isn't really done! Please watch our show! move. 

Count me in as only sort of a fan of the wedding dress. I'm hoping for something a little different for the real wedding that will happen in the 100th episode crossover. (Don't take away my dream!)

• Love 1

Wow, can you imagine the dynamics in the lair if Diggle was in the grave?  It is utterly painful to even consider Diggle being the one gone - Laurel, Thea, and (possibly pissed-off post breakup) Felicity with Oliver night after night.  Definitely not something I would want to watch. 

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 10

The only real shocker would be if they kill off a fan favorite (Diggle) or a comicbook hero who many thinks is safe because of comics (Laurel). If Lance or Donna dies? Meh.

Edited by NoWayOut

TVline has a whole article about the wedding photo... I can't click on it because of principles... but you can already see the spin coming. Because there is no way they could release those wedding articles after 415.

Principles?

I'm thinking it might actually be Laurel after all. Im by no means certain, and I wouldn't be shocked if it ended up being Lance, but. Yeah. The social media stuff, Marc talking about superheroes being mortal, and the indications of the presumed death episode being Lance-heavy (with Lance flashbacks).

Diggle would shock me. But it would also be the point where I walked away from the show for good, so at the moment I'm not stressing about it. Always subject to change of course.

• Love 6