Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Anything on Arrow? Particularly Oliver and Felicity? –Caryn

This miiiiight affect Oliver and Felicity. ‘Member how last season’s #Flarrow crossover touched upon the matter of Oliver’s son via the young woman Moira years ago sent packing, to Central City? Exec producer Greg Berlanti teases that this year’s crossover event, airing Dec. 1 and 2, features a moment “very akin” to that one.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

• Love 1

So Baby Mama is in the crossover? [Per TV Line spoilers I just posted to the -only thread]. That makes a lot more sense than 410.

It does. It's too much for me to hope that he finds out about the kid and that the kid isn't really his in the same ep, yeah? I guess as long as he doesn't keep it from Felicity I'll consider it a win? I mean, hopefully he'd tell her something like that before he proposes, but IDK with this show.

• Love 1

I think he just runs into her again this time with kids in tow.

LMAO, it would be so amazing if he ran into her with a kid that's roughly the age of the one that they would've had together and it doesn't make anything in his lil brain click at all. 

• Love 4

The "seismic change" is in 4.08.  I assumed it was the introduction of time travel (via Vandal Savage) on Arrow.

Well that's not even a change to the universe since they introduced time travel LAST year over on Flash and it's all a shared universe so sorry, no bigs.  The only question will be is if they will ever try to USE it on Arrow to undo something.  Since TA doesn't have their own TARDIS, I really doubt they would.   

Edited to clarify that I believe the time travel / baby momma has to be the seismic change but I just don't feel the earth moving. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I tried to figure out if Anna Hopkins filmed more than that one day we got the pictures, and couldn't, but this really does look like a one episode thing? There's too much else going on afterwards

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 3

I tried to figure out if Anna Hopkins filmed more than that one day we got the pictures, and couldn't, but this really does look like a one episode thing? There's too much else going on afterwards

So, either he randomly meets up with them and doesn't realize that's his kid (all the LOLs), he thinks its his kid and finds out it's not in the same ep, he was never Oliver's kid to begin with, or he meets the kid and adioses out of town for the foreseeable future.

• Love 1

Might be why she was filming 4.10 (per board) at same time they were shooting the crossover.  They only wanted to bring her in once. (or she was only available for both then)

If the actual meeting is in 4.10 there is another scene for Donna Smoak - encouraging/supporting him if Felicity is unable.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

So, either he randomly meets up with them and doesn't realize that's his kid (all the LOLs), he thinks its his kid and finds out it's not in the same ep, he was never Oliver's kid to begin with, or he meets the kid and adioses out of town for the foreseeable future.

Maybe both Oliver and the audience will think it's his kid for the span of Oliver's panic face when he sees them -- cut to commercial -- comes back to Baby Mama saying "lolno, not your kid".

SPN did that once.

And then Oliver can sing Billy Jean at karaokes. BUT THE KIIIIID IS NOT MY SON.

• Love 11

But didn't the BTS pictures with Baby Mama and son suggest they were filming at a house? That gave me the impression that it's more than a 'run into baby mama again' type situation.

Sigh. I hate kids on this show. As long as Oliver doesn't lie about it or keep it a secret from Felicity, I guess that's all we can hope for. 

But didn't the BTS pictures with Baby Mama and son suggest they were filming at a house? That gave me the impression that it's more than a 'run into baby mama again' type situation.

There was a house in the background, but they could've been at a park?

SPN did that once.

I am really hoping for the SPN experience regarding Baby Mama and Kid. Dean was able to have all the character moments about finding out he might be a dad, but it all ended with he wasn't, and everyone moved on. Wrap this crap up in one episode, please, Show. 

• Love 8

Well, we know that Oliver has a scene in Jitters with Barry where Barry suggests if he ever saves his city maybe he too could get a coffee drink named after him.  That would be around the right time for another Baby Mama bump into, just this time with the kid who had better look like him.  Then they make arrangements to talk later?  Or maybe Oliver casually gives Felicity a name to track down an address to and he just shows up and sees them again. 

It SHOULD NOT be a relationship bomb for Oliver and Felicity but I'm going to feel ill until he tells her about it and we see how the show decides to play this drama. 

I think he runs into her with the kid at Jitters in 408 and then the scene at the house is in 410. They filmed scenes for both episodes at the same time.

If he does go back in 4x10, I'm curious about the circumstances, since a) it seems like Felicity's in the hospital and likely was injured by her association to Oliver, and b) it seems incredibly stupid for him to go meet his kid out in public knowing that DD is going after him as a person, but this is Arrow, so...

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I would so love it if it wasn't his kid but I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.At least it seems like Oliver and Felicity deal with it together.

My hope,other then it turning out not to be his kid, would be that Oliver decides not to be a part of the kids life.Like if they had baby Mama happily married and the guy is like this amazing father to the kid and has been for most his life.I would like it if they had Oliver decide not to mess with that and stay out of the kids life.They can still have Oliver think about kids and decide if he wants to be a father but we wouldn't have to deal with the actual kid that would most likely then not be played by a bad child actor.

I doubt they would do that do so I hope that for most of the time the kid is limited to offscreen references.

• Love 2

It SHOULD NOT be a relationship bomb for Oliver and Felicity but I'm going to feel ill until he tells her about it and we see how the show decides to play this drama. 

Based on how they've written Oliver and Felicity's relationship (and friendship) over the years, Oliver should tell Felicity the truth immediately. They confide in each other all the time. They tell the truth (aside from that crap where he didn't include F/D in his plans to infiltrate the LoA) so if he does keep it a secret, I'll call contrived bull.

I can't imagine him asking her to marry him without telling her first. It would be so unfair.

Also unfair?  Not TELLING Oliver he has a fricken' son!  I know, I know, we've beat that horse but I get mad on his behalf.  And mine.  Maybe if he'd known he has a secret kid last year he would have figured out the need to find a balance in his life by say 3-8 and then the rest of the contrived season would never have happened. 

• Love 4

I would so love it if it wasn't his kid but I'm not getting my hopes up for that one.At least it seems like Oliver and Felicity deal with it together.

My hope,other then it turning out not to be his kid, would be that Oliver decides not to be a part of the kids life.Like if they had baby Mama happily married and the guy is like this amazing father to the kid and has been for most his life.I would like it if they had Oliver decide not to mess with that and stay out of the kids life.They can still have Oliver think about kids and decide if he wants to be a father but we wouldn't have to deal with the actual kid that would most likely then not be played by a bad child actor.

I doubt they would do that do so I hope that for most of the time the kid is limited to offscreen references.

Also I think Felicity would have a MAJOR problem with that. Oliver finding out about the kid & then deciding not to be apart of his life spells trouble for Olicity. Felicity wouldn't support that decision.

• Love 2

Also unfair?  Not TELLING Oliver he has a fricken' son!  I know, I know, we've beat that horse but I get mad on his behalf.  And mine.  Maybe if he'd known he has a secret kid last year he would have figured out the need to find a balance in his life by say 3-8 and then the rest of the contrived season would never have happened. 

I mean, not to play Devil's advocate, because I really do think it's very sad that he's missed out in his potential child's whole life, but I get this woman not telling him. Ever since he came back from the dead, everything she's seen about him in the news has probably shown that his life is terrible and/or that he's a dumbass. I can see why she might debate letting someone like him into her child's life at this particular point. I don't think she's necessarily right for doing it, but I definitely see why she did what she did. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

It does. It's too much for me to hope that he finds out about the kid and that the kid isn't really his in the same ep, yeah? I guess as long as he doesn't keep it from Felicity I'll consider it a win? I mean, hopefully he'd tell her something like that before he proposes, but IDK with this show.

I will EAT MY HAT if he turns out not be Oliver's.  

(I will also be SUPER HAPPY, but so not going to happen.)

Also I think Felicity would have a MAJOR problem with that. Oliver finding out about the kid & then deciding not to be apart of his life spells trouble for Olicity. Felicity wouldn't support that decision.

I get she will deal with her own issues with her father but I just think if that was the situation she would get it and support Oliver in what he wants to do.Its not the same as her dad leaving her suddenly and leaving her mom to strugle to raise her.If the kid had a happy life and already someone who has been a father to him for years,I don't think there's no way that Felicity wouldn't understand Oliver's choice not to mess with the kid's life.

But yeah I don't think this is happening anyway.Its just something I would rather see then have to watch a kid storyline on this show.

• Love 3

I said awhile ago that I thought that was a horrible thing to do and was mostly shot down (which is fine, I'm okay agreeing to disagree).  For me, "My Baby Daddy is a douche" is not a legitimate excuse to keep the baby's existence from him.  Abusive, criminal (not just peeing on cops, more dangerous felonies criminal), that kind of thing is a good excuse, but not being an immature douchebag.  

• Love 4

I think she might support it temporarily, until Darhk gets taken care of. Especially if he starts going after Oliver, and not just Green Arrow.

• Love 3

I think she might support it temporarily, until Darhk gets taken care of. Especially if he starts going after Oliver, and not just Green Arrow.

And we know he goes after Oliver given what's gonna happen to a certain blonde Goddess CEO :'(

Who would people like to see play Felicitys Dad?

But no before we flash to the grave and Donna showing up. Because thinking Felicity is actually dead will give fans a very nice Christmas feeling. 

When did we move from kidnapping to death?  Because of the water stuff?

I'm going to take the day after 4.10 off work, and watch 4.08-4.10 that day on Hulu (assuming Felicity's back and more or less okay).  I'll probably watch 4.10 first, and fast forward any upsetting parts.  I am over the angst and pretty pissed they're packing the angst in like this when they swore up and down this season would be lighter.  They can go stuff it.

• Love 1

I actually hope it's NOT Sebastian Roche. I think I would associate him too much with his TVD/Originals character. I think that was one of the reasons why I had such a hard time warming up to Eddie on The Flash - I kept associating him with the character Rick Cosnett played on TVD and it took a while to get past that.

I actually would have loved it to be JR Bourne - I'm still irritated that they wasted him on a VotW.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

I like Sebastian Roche. He has appeared on all my favorite sci-fi and supernatural shows including Fringe and Supernatural, and I have liked his character in all of them. So, I wouldn't mind if it was him. I actually would like to watch a scene between him and NM. 

• Love 2

Might be why she was filming 4.10 (per board) at same time they were shooting the crossover. They only wanted to bring her in once. (or she was only available for both then)

If the actual meeting is in 4.10 there is another scene for Donna Smoak - encouraging/supporting him if Felicity is unable.

Im inclined to believe that they might have multitasked and got footage of baby mama for future eps while they had access to CC sets. Perhaps they'll air during xover or maybe in 410.

For some reason im just really chill with the baby mama storyline. I feel like it will be a non-issue and the baby will live in CC for majority of time and all will be just fine. Next year someone will kidnap the kid; but for now its just a filler plot.

• Love 1

Considering the odd filming schedule they seem to have this year, it's possible that Felicitys Dad is appearing in 4x13/14 and they are just filming some scenes earlier. Do we know when the Flashback episode is this year?

Edited by 10Eleven12

So we should have some faith in the EPs after all?  They weren't kidding when they said they were working out Felicity's father.  And it seems like it's a name actor since they're going to announce it separately.  They did with Matt Nable too but then Ra's al Ghul was the big name.

And if they've cast him, he's going to appear this season!

Calculator has OCD.  If Felicity's father has it too, that should be some fun.

They already have drama with the end of 409 (and if NM's wife almost cried and SA is promoting it, you can bet there's going to be lots of tears for SA to wallow in) and however Felicity is hurt after that. And now there's the announcement of the casting of her father so there's going to be drama with that too.

They don't need baby drama, it would be too much.

It's pretty much confirmed that Felicity will probably die for a few, or at the very least get seriously hurt in 4x09. A couple episodes later in 4x11, she gets a code name. It sounds like they are giving her a mini-crucible to earn a codename. Because all she has already done and common sense aren't enough I guess.

LOL that you have to have a crucible in order to warrant a code name.  Keeping Diggle or Felicity safe is not enough.

I'm talking about telling him that his daughter was dead and murdered in his own city in 301. That put QL in a world of hurt and made it seem like he was untrustworthy. I also think that if he had told QL earlier that he was the Arrow it would have prevented QL from thinking that he was capable of killing all those new people, especially after all of the Arrow's reformed behavior in s2&3.

I doubt it.  it seemed like Quentin was projecting his anger onto Oliver because he couldn't put it all on Laurel.because she was his only remaining daughter He got angry at her for a bit, sure, but they had made up by the start of s4 whereas he was still calling Oliver "a monster who brought other monsters to the city" until Oliver called him out on working with DD.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1