Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Sounds like someone asking about Felicity on Arrow and getting an answer about Laurel instead.  AK is really proud of that line. He's mentioned it several times.  I personally find it insulting to Felicity, Barry & Oliver but Ray Palmer is the perfect man (sarcasm).

Its insulting to Ray as well. It does nothing for any of the characters. Ray, Barry & Oliver are more than just their brain, personality & body. Felicity is more than just some fangirl gossiping over who she wants to kiss next. I mean these are supposed to be relationships we care about not just dishes we order from a drive-thru window or boxes we check on an online dating profile. I mean I would have preferred she just played a game of screw/date/marry at least that has some pop-culture sleep-over nostalgia to it. :) But again, I am always surprised by what the EPs just love fixate on.

• Love 9
(edited)

I hate that line so much too! Oh RP is the best of both worlds, I mean I like you just fine Barry because you're really smart but you're not hot enough, and Oliver is hot but god he's so stupid, thank god I've found Ray. I know The Flash is lighter in its tone and AK doesn't write for Arrow anymore, but he was a little involved in writing Felicity and Olicity for 2 freaking seasons, wasn't he? Can't he see how insulting it is for Felicity and Oliver?

ETA: I must admit that I don't care how insulting it is to Ray because I don't care about him. I guess it is but going with how AK is gushing about it, the poor guy might take it as a compliment.

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 5
(edited)

I just don't see how the floater is going to work unless it's Lyla who really isn't super-involved on Arrow. I'm looking at the upcoming episode of the Flash where Felicity and Ray show up in Central City and MG's comments about how the timelines are messed up because of the CW's scheduling. And that's just one episode. I feel sorry for whoever it is that's hopping around from show to show. How does that even work contract-wise if it's an Arrow regular? Do they get paid for being a guest star on two other shows? Can they say no because they just want to be on one show?

Edited by AnyoneButYou
  • Love 2

Well if it's someone like Lyla she might just be recurring on all shows and gets paid when in an episode.  If it is a regular, like Felicity, maybe she isn't physically present as such but she films an extra scene or two like they are skyping and may get extra for those scenes.  Perhaps she shows up in the occasional crossover like Oliver might.  Then they are guest stars.  I guess depending on where QLance ends up at the end of the season regarding vigilantes he could be the floater.  If the spinoff doesn't take place in another city he could be the police contact depending on the type of villain (normal, magical, metahuman, superpowered, etc).  I don't think the timelines would matter as much in either of those cases.

For some reason, I have the impression that 3x19 is a Ray-heavy episode (I think I got that idea from spoilers a long time ago?).  Does anyone recall if that's true, or am I just making this up?

This is the episode he is supposed to decide if he's a hero or if he's just feeling heroic because he has a suit. 

(edited)

So, who saves Felicity from the electro dude villain? Palmer in the suit, or Oliver controlling the suit?

I don't know.  Maybe both somehow?  Is Oliver actually controlling the suit in the fight? Is he somehow programming the suit to fight and isn't there when Felicity needs saving?  Is there a disruption in the communication and Ray has to figure it out on his own?

If anyone in the universe loves me, it's Oliver controlling the suit.

I hope so!  This might be why Ray questions whether he is a hero or not.  He can't save Felicity but Oliver can by remote control of the suit.

Edited by Sunshine

So, who saves Felicity from the electro dude villain? Palmer in the suit, or Oliver controlling the suit?

Hopefully Felicity saves herself, or just gets free of the baddie, and then Oliver controlling the suit, takes him down. I hope the Flarrowverse will soon be over the Ray Palmer pimp-age but not looking forward to sitting through on both 1.18 & 3.19. 

Hope Ray's take away is that it takes more than a Supersuit and Gumption to be a hero, but I'm sure that to prop Ray they will try to make it that the Supersuit was needed to take down a metahuman.

Speaking of suits, I guess Oliver's Arrow one is retired, at least until the end of the season. Maybe that is what his twitter pic, that sparked a thousand Roy death scenarios, was about. No longer going out in the Arrow suit.

• Love 2

Oliver can save her .... because he's Oliver!  That's how Ray knows they are  Meant To Be.

SA says that what happened at the end of 3x18 pales given what's going to happen at the end of 3x19.  Please don't let it be about Ray.  Could it be that they board the jet for Nanda Parbat?

I feel sorry for whoever it is that's hopping around from show to show. How does that even work contract-wise if it's an Arrow regular? Do they get paid for being a guest star on two other shows? Can they say no because they just want to be on one show?

Regulars get paid whether they are in an episode or not. Recurring actors get paid by the episode that they're in, I think.

I don't think people on contract can so no, but why would they want to?  The shows will have overlap audience but they will also have viewers who watch only one or two of the shows, and appearing on all of them means more people can see him/her.

• Love 2

It's an interesting role-reversal in 3.19, Oliver is controlling the Tech and Felicity is in the field. 

Yes to Felicity, either getting herself away from Deadbolt or figuring out how to take him down while Ray and Oliver are fighting him.

If this is Ray's big hero episode then I think Felicity breaks up with him. The hero always has to get his heart broken and since Anna is dead off screen, its got to be Felicity.

• Love 3
(edited)

SA says that what happened at the end of 3x18 pales given what's going to happen at the end of 3x19. Please don't let it be about Ray. Could it be that they board the jet for Nanda Parbat?

It'll probably be Thea biting it. Or maybe Oliver joining the league because the branding scene seems to be in this ep. Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I don't think people on contract can so no, but why would they want to? The shows will have overlap audience but they will also have viewers who watch only one or two of the shows, and appearing on all of them means more people can see him/her.

People contracted to Arrow can absolutely say no. They're contract is to Arrow only, any guest star roles on Flash or spin-off would be a new contract for that appearance with a negotiated rate.

Would they say no? Probably not, it's raises their annual income, gets them exposure and there's always the fact that you don't want to bite the hand that feeds you.

• Love 2
(edited)

SA says that what happened at the end of 3x18 pales given what's going to happen at the end of 3x19. Please don't let it be about Ray. Could it be that they board the jet for Nanda Parbat?

I thought what SA said was that what Roy did for Oliver at the end of 3.18 pales in comparison to what he does in 3.19. Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

SA says that what happened at the end of 3x18 pales given what's going to happen at the end of 3x19.  Please don't let it be about Ray.  Could it be that they board the jet for Nanda Parbat?

I assume Thea's death and Oliver agreeing to Ra's terms at the end of 3.19 is what will eclipse 2.18 in based on spoilers and Spec. So far all the Epic game-changers are easily guessed and do not have a big impact here.

However if they are talking about Roy's sacrificing his freedom for Oliver, then that could be anything, maybe everyone starts sacrificing themselves.

- Laurel breaks the law to get rid of evidence, assuming this is where Lance gets into the Arrowcave

- Felicity give up the "normal" life, the "more" that she wanted and goes with Oliver to Nanda Parbat

- Diggle his safety with his Family and goes with Oliver too (Actually I'm stumped with Diggle - where are the Diggle spoilers???)

- Roy is going to Pay big time in Prison

- Blowing up the Arrowcave

- Thea dies or jumps in front of a deathblow for Oliver or Felicicty

I don't know. 

If it is solely in reference to Roy, then he will die in Jail.

IIRC, SA said at his con appearance this weekend that we need to emotionally prepare ourselves for the end of 3x19, so I'm guessing that Thea dies.

dies or is dying, yes. 320 is when Oliver goes to the hospital for Thea and theN they go to NP in exchange for Thea.

You know what's really stupid about this whole thing?! What's to stop Oliver from killing Ra's after he becomes Heir? I don't care what path Oliver is on, pretty damn sure even a hero would kill the man that killed his sister and used her death as blackmail to get his way.

If Oliver doesn't turn around and assassinate Ra's a week after being crowned heir it's the most contrived PoS storyline eva!

• Love 6

In regards to Roy dying in jail.....I thought Colton was seen filming more recently?  Plus he DID say his character isn't going anywhere - and while they might have told him to say that, it seems that when these guys say something, they mean it.  Otherwise they are cryptic.

Oh god can you imagine Thea taking the Deathblow for Felicity? Maybe she does and after getting LP'ed Felicity thanks her and they start their way toward friendship!

If they did that I would turn off my television. Possibly throw a shoe or two at it.

• Love 2

If Oliver doesn't turn around and assassinate Ra's a week after being crowned heir it's the most contrived PoS storyline eva!

Either Oliver will or, my spec, Nyssa will with Oliver's and the team's help.  One thing I am 100% sure of is that "Arrow" is not becoming "LOA."  I'm still not sure why Oliver goes to CC in F22, but I am 99% sure the Ra's story ends at the end of this season.  I guess there's one other option, that Ra's has been playing a game to get Nyssa to step up (although that stepping up could just be her killing him), but regardless, it's nearly over, and I am very grateful for that.  Still not watching until it's all over, though.  Don't want to see Thea die or Oliver get tortured again.

• Love 1
(edited)

Either Oliver will or, my spec, Nyssa will with Oliver's and the team's help.  

I want it to be Nyssa with Oliver's help. Like a full-on team up to take this fucker down, and I want Nyssa to deal the deathblow. She's already shown she's willing to do it. I think the rage will be x 1,000,000,000 if they pull out some stupid plot twist where Ra's and Malcolm were in cahoots (to what end, I really have no idea), so Nyssa finds out that her father is the reason Sara's dead. And I think Oliver working with someone to get him out of his Ra's-ness would be helpful toward this season's after school special lesson that he doesn't have to do everything on his own, that he can ask for and receive help and that it doesn't make him weaker. Or something that somehow ties into him being able to be Oliver Queen as well as the Arrow, IDK.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

People on Twitter are speculating that Oliver will break down on the jet in 3x20. IIRC, SA said at one of his cons that we'll see Oliver do some things that he normally doesn't do. If Thea dies, I can see Oliver finally breaking down as he goes and agrees to become Ras Ollie Ghul in exchange for his sister's life. If Thea dying doesn't cause him to let it all out then I don't know what will.

The director of 3x20 tweeted this yesterday regarding the jet scene:
So honored to see this...
And by the way, Stephen hit that scene out of the park...
#Arrow #soon #320

http://twitter.com/antonionegret/status/585247696560267264

• Love 3

(From the spoiler only thread)

If Cisco represents the audience, does this mean that someone will finally be telling Laurel that she looks ridiculous as Buckles, that she can't fight for shit and she should go back to being a lawyer?

• Love 6
(edited)

Oliver being comfortable enough to break down in front of Felicity and have her comforting him? I'd pay to see that.

Oliver needs a good long cry tbqh

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10

If Cisco represents the audience, does this mean that someone will finally be telling Laurel that she looks ridiculous as Buckles, that she can't fight for shit and she should go back to being a lawyer?

nope, apparently Cisco proclaims his love for The Black Canary so, I guess the show is telling us the people love Laurel as Buckles

nope, apparently Cisco proclaims his love for The Black Canary so, I guess the show is telling us the people love Laurel as Buckles

I think the rage will be x 1,000,000,000 if they pull out some stupid plot twist where Ra's and Malcolm were in cahoots (to what end, I really have no idea), so Nyssa finds out that her father is the reason Sara's dead.

Ooh, I love it!  They are apparently doing something with the scene where Thea killed Sara, so maybe Ra's was there, too, and that is who she was actually saying "What are you doing here?" to.  Then I hope someone finally kills Malcolm.  

I'm mean enough to say I hope Ra's dies very slowly and painfully.  Maybe a nice gut wound.  Dude stuck a sword through Oliver, kicked him off a mountain, and is now ruining his life, destroying the people he loves, and freaking branding him.  A-hole.

People on Twitter are speculating that Oliver will break down on the jet in 3x20. IIRC, SA said at one of his cons that we'll see Oliver do some things that he normally doesn't do. If Thea dies, I can see Oliver finally breaking down as he goes and agrees to become Ras Ollie Ghul in exchange for his sister's life. If Thea dying doesn't cause him to let it all out then I don't know what will.

The director of 3x20 tweeted this yesterday regarding the jet scene:

So honored to see this...

And by the way, Stephen hit that scene out of the park...

#Arrow #soon #320

http://twitter.com/antonionegret/status/585247696560267264

If he cries, I'm going to need someone to hold me.

• Love 9

dies or is dying, yes. 320 is when Oliver goes to the hospital for Thea and theN they go to NP in exchange for Thea.

I kinda think that Oliver will be going to the hospital in 3x20 to see Roy in the ICU since the poor guy is getting a beat down and stabbed in jail. Him being in critical condition in the hospital is probably the reason why CH hadn't been filming much/at all for 3x20/3x21.

And, although Thea is the best bet for the person being Pitted since the ritual involved Oliver and Malcolm plus the shot of someone's eye opening looking a lot like hers, I'm still not sure she's actually the one dying? The BTS shots of WH hanging around with SA, EBR, DR, and JB have her dressed up in clothes that looked like she came to Nanda Parbat ready for a mission and not as a corpse to be immersed in Ra's magical pool. Or, maybe, those BTS shots were of Thea after she had already been resurrected.

The BTS shots of WH hanging around with SA, EBR, DR, and JB have her dressed up in clothes that looked like she came to Nanda Parbat ready for a mission and not as a corpse to be immersed in Ra's magical pool. Or, maybe, those BTS shots were of Thea after she had already been resurrected.

I think that must be it. EBR looked good in the BTS shot that KC posted of her at the airplane hangar (she had her hair done and was wearing makeup and also had on the same outfit that she was wearing in the love scene with Oliver), and she's the only other person who could be dying, since it seems like Laurel and Ray get left behind in SC, and Roy is in jail. 

I don't get paid big bucks for writing TV shows but it seems to me that if 319 is the Ray piloty episode, if it ends with Thea dying, no one is going to be talking about Ray after that.

I don't really want to see Oliver break down because I think those kinds of scenes are more gifts to the actor than to the audience but if something finally gets through the wall of idiocy he's built around himself this season, I'll take it.

• Love 3

Not enough Tums for me to stomach watching this. Bleargh. Cisco has a long way to go to earn his way back into my good graces after that ass-kissing.

Have I missed anything, but there isn't anything concrete pointing to Thea dying, is there? This is still conjecture at this point?

I hate seeing Oliver being beaten down even more, but if he achieves some clarity because of it, I guess I'll take it. I need a happier, quippier, charming Oliver in my future somewhere. Though I admit to watching "The Princess Bride" a few too many times.

• Love 1

It probably is Thea because, you know, there's nothing Oliver won't do to save her. That's certainly a theme this season.

You can see the design of Laurel's canary cry device in one of the promo pics for 1x19 of The Flash. It's indeed a choker. Well, I guess that fits with the rest of her outfit.

LOL. I'm sorry but LOL. Yay for BC fans though, I guess?

(edited)

Does that mean that anyone who works with her has to wear earbuds in case she decides to scream? 

Yeah, I wonder how often she could use it? She'd have to shout to give her co-workers a warning, which would in turn give her attackers a warning. Unless Cisco manages to make a device that makes everyone on the team immune to the sound or something? I don't know. 

I'm kind of curious about this though, because - and this is not at all a knock on KC - I don't know how they take a sonic scream and make it not look ridiculous.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does that mean that anyone who works with her has to wear earbuds in case she decides to scream?

she would need them as well. It's one thing for a mutant immune to their own power but it's a device around her neck, she'd damage her own ear drums.

Of course I doubt they'd take that into account. MG seems more about shiny than realistic, sad cry from S2.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
(edited)

You can see the design of Laurel's canary cry device in one of the promo pics for 1x19 of The Flash. It's indeed a choker. Well, I guess that fits with the rest of her outfit.

if LL is not to be Sara 2.0, why she would want this thing? because Sara had one. In 3x13 was not the episode that showed she should be herself and not her sister's copy?

ohhhhh. I forget because comics bla, bla, bla

Edited by Morena
  • Love 3