Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: First Time Again

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Now THAT would be totally cool.

Nice to be appreciated by another pyro. :)

But seriously, the walkers aren't much more than walking tallow candles by now. 

Once all that dripping fat gets hot enough to spark, they should burn REEEEAAAALLLL good.

• Love 1

Things they had at the beginning of this episode:

1. A big bunch of zombies in a pit.

2. A need to make them dead-dead, rather than un-dead.

3. Sasha.

That really should have been the entire equation right there.

Not quite sure what drugs Rick was taking to make him add "Oh! And a parade! And balloons! And a motorcycle! And a bunch of ASZhats right next to the parade, in case the zombies get hungry!"

Has Rick seen the town psychiatrist yet?

• Love 4

Obviously Morgan should be in charge of protecting the chocolate, if his keeping track of protein bars is any indication. (though I still say that the subtext to what he and Michonne were talking about was NOT "protein bars"!)

Okay, enlighten me.  What was it?

Alexandria is right on the Potomac across from DC, so a yacht is quite feasible. 

I lived there 20+ years ago and there wasn't as much woodland as we've seen on the show.  And no quarries whatsoever.

That bugged me too.  The only quarry I've seen approaching that size is in Manassas.

Hell, I'd even go so far as to stage controlled fights, where an Azzhat faces off against a walker with no fence between them. 

I'd prefer that than Rick's learn on the job method.

I keep waiting for someone to say,"On, you're with that Rick Grimes bunch of people, huh?"

How many good things (subjectively speaking) have Rick, et al, destroyed (in various ways). Herschel's farm, the prison (arguably not their fault), Woodbury, Terminus, FPP's church, the hospital, and now, it appears, Alexandria.

I thought Gabriel was responsible for leading a group of walkers back to his own church. 

• Love 2

Just now caught up on the premiere and something that struck me and kind of loved was in the shot of Morgan and Rick loading Porchdouche's body in the trunk, both men are still prominently wearing their wedding rings. Neither has moved on from their 'previous' lives in that way.

SO glad this show is back. FTWD just didn't hit the spot like the mothership does.

• Love 3

I kind of wonder if Rick’s yelling made the walkers extra agitated and caused them to push the truck off the cliff faster. Couldn’t he have laid out the game plan somewhere where he didn’t have to shout over the gazillion moaning walkers?

Interesting that a lot of us actually kind of agree with Carter about shoring up the exits and keeping the walkers in the quarry. I would think if Carter’s idea wasn’t shot down immediately, they could have all put their heads together and come up with something like the many brilliant plans upthread to thin the size of the herd. Rick’s objection was that you can’t keep putting more and more walkers in the quarry, they would break down the barriers and get out eventually - well, plans to thin the herd would address that very valid concern. And they can still have the herding of the horde as a “last resort if all else fails” kind of plan.

• Love 4

If there's an interstate around, there's a quarry around - even if it's not immediately visible.

Dude, I live across the river from Alexandria.  There are small quarries in the industrial areas of nearby towns but they're not that big.

On rewatch:

1.  Rick telling Morgan that he is not going to take chances anymore is not that convincing when he is covered in blood.  Even Daryl was giving Rick the side eye during that conversation.

2.  I loved the visual of the quarry where you just see zombies walking then sliding down the hill into the pit.

3.  I think we were spoiled that CDB isn't leaving Alexandria anytime soon as the show had a contest where the prize was to spend the night at Alexandria.

4.  Why was Carol "Look at the Flowers" Peletier having a conversation with Rick about Daryl training her on guns?  Really show??  Are you not aware of what Carol has been doing for the past couple of seasons.  Shouldn't it be Carol training Daryl as his specialty is the crossbow?

• Love 1

I figure she's not actually getting gun training from Daryl. it's her cover story for the Alexandrians. She's telling Rick to keep him in the loop on what she's doing.

• Love 3

The implication was that she was pretending to get "training" with the rest of the Alexandrians, pretending she was also a beginner.  So now she could believably go on the zombie parade and shoot at stuff.  That's why Rick laughed when she said she was doing okay with it.

• Love 4

4.  Why was Carol "Look at the Flowers" Peletier having a conversation with Rick about Daryl training her on guns?  Really show??  Are you not aware of what Carol has been doing for the past couple of seasons.  Shouldn't it be Carol training Daryl as his specialty is the crossbow?

I wondered about that myself, sure she may not have Sasha's sniper skills, but unless I'm very confused she is competent with firearms. The only sense I could make of that exchange was maybe it was a conversation intended for public consumption, that it referenced the "lessons" she'd been getting from Daryl when she and Rick were considering taking over Alexandria by force if the people didn't wise up about security.

• Love 1
QuoteQuoteQuote

I thought Gabriel was responsible for leading a group of walkers back to his own church

He was:

1km1mMj.jpg

Nice to be appreciated by another pyro. :)

I don't know why, but there's just something about flaming zombies that pleases me.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3

Dude, I live across the river from Alexandria.  There are small quarries in the industrial areas of nearby towns but they're not that big.

I'm not necessarily talking active quarries - but that's how the Interstate and Defense Highway System was first built back in the 1950s.  They didn't ship in the rock and gravel to use as substrate for the 4,600+ miles of new roadbed the project required - they quarried it locally, along the designated route of the road construction.  It might be 1-3 miles away from the interstate, but somewhere there will be a quarry every 40-odd miles or so. 

After the local stretch of construction was completed, the road crews moved on down the route and fired up another quarry operation.  Some quarries were acquired by local businesses and continued operation; many (most?), however, were simply abandoned.  These abandoned quarries still exist, but by now are frequently camouflaged by 50+ years of forest and field overgrowth.

The only reason I know about them is simple practicality - one of my primary hobbies is scuba diving, and in the north and central Southern states these abandoned quarries are among the only local dive options short of driving 8-10 hours to the nearest beach.  So my diving buddies and I are always on the lookout for new opportunities.  :)

• Love 4

You know, we've talked a lot about what to do with a big hole full of zombies. Burn them? Use bullets on them? Slings? Arrows? Javelins? 

How about... nothing? I mean, we know how soft most of their heads are, and there's no cover above them, so obviously they haven't been there that long, nor will they. Every time a good rainstorm comes along, it kills many of them, and whenever it hails, it wipes out practically their entire population. The ones with tree cover survive, but not the ones trapped in a big wide open area.  Not any more, at least. So just focus on containment, occasionally use them for target practice if you want, and trust nature to periodically destroy them a few times a year.

But of course we can't do that. Because letting Carter and the other construction guys improve pit security wouldn't have showcased Rick as alpha male. And that would make him look weak. Which would make bad people come and attack the town. Because the motivation of this entire planet revolves around Rick's machismo.

• Love 2