Type keyword(s) to search

Nashville Spoilers and Speculation

Actually made me flinch. Looks far different than the promo version and she seems far less engaged in the prelude to that kiss than she does in the promo too. Excited about a good night, but a tad wary too it seemed.

Yeah. And when he goes for her, it actually looks like she's struggling to me, which I didn't expect. I don't like that at all. I'm sure there will be the typical round of, "Rayna was so stupid to go up on the roof with him, and act friendly, and drink champagne" (the whore!), but she's clearly not into it at all. Too bad she can't just push him off the roof.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Could he have been more obvious?

I really want Deacon to knock him out. I know he won't but please.

We know Deacon is at the concert so is he going to walk up there at the wrong time or is someone else going to see it and tell him?

I think either Rayna or Markus must tell him. I hope it's Rayna, but knowing this show, it'll be Markus.

Also, this is a circumstance under which I'd be perfectly happy for Deacon to go caveman and knock Markus out.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

I didn't like the lead up to that kiss. Didn't like the fact that Rayna was laughing, running onto the roof with him and a bottle of champagne. What was she thinking - probably caught up in the moment I suppose, but a dumb move regardless. Only hoping she puts him in his place.

• Love 1

She really didn't seem all that into that moment to me. More like indulging her artist in a moment. I don't think she anticipated anything like that happening especially after talking with him last week.

We know Deacon is at the concert so is he going to walk up there at the wrong time or is someone else going to see it and tell him?

Since Deacon is happy as a clam the next morning, she's either told him and he's over wanting to deck Markus or someone else brings it to his attention before the opening. I'm crossing my fingers that she tells him and that the argument before the opener is about something else.

• Love 1

You know what else I hope? That this doesn't become something more than what we're seeing. Aren't there police coming up in the spoilers as related to Rayna?? I swear to god, if Markus actually rapes her or some crap, I'm not sure even Connie Britton and her gorgeous hair can keep me watching this show.

Edited by madam magpie

There's a detective coming up, but there's also an appearance by Eric Close, so maybe those two are related somehow? Doesn't seem like Markus is in the picture much after the Winter finale. I can't see Deacon being as happy as he is the next morning if Rayna were raped the night before, and that would be hard for her to hide. A kiss, yes, but not rape.

Most likely she'll want to tell Deacon but he'll be asleep when she gets home and gone the next morning to get ready for the opener and she won't have a chance to tell him. Cue Markus talking smack at the Beverly and Deacon being ticked that she didn't tell him. 

The writing for this Markus scenario, is such a blatant move to create drama. From the promo, we can't judge what sets the rooftop scenario up, sounds like Rayna is high on the excitement, of a successful concert, and Markus is taking advantage of that.

This guy has no respect for anything but what he wants! He's always creeped me out.

Edited by pattycat
  • Love 1

She seems pretty reluctant to be there to me - a little wary in fact. But her new artist has just had a terrific launch of his new album and the first major accomplishment for her label - seems right to celebrate. And since last week he told her he had no intentions that way she probably doesn't see any harm in indulging him a bit. Frankly, the label head/producer and the artist should have a moment to bask in that glory. Too bad Markus ruins it.

There's a detective coming up, but there's also an appearance by Eric Close, so maybe those two are related somehow? Doesn't seem like Markus is in the picture much after the Winter finale. I can't see Deacon being as happy as he is the next morning if Rayna were raped the night before, and that would be hard for her to hide. A kiss, yes, but not rape.

Most likely she'll want to tell Deacon but he'll be asleep when she gets home and gone the next morning to get ready for the opener and she won't have a chance to tell him. Cue Markus talking smack at the Beverly and Deacon being ticked that she didn't tell him.

Wasn't the Eric stuff for 4x11? I was under the impression it was and therefore was imagining it being either another jail visit or a flashback to their wedding because this show loves dumb flashbacks that don't fit in and rewrite history somehow.

So help me if he is out of jail and actually shows up.

The cop stuff starts in 4x13.

Teddy at Rayna and Deacon's wedding, you mean?? Maybe they let him out for the day. Or maybe Rayna goes to the jail to tell him she and Deacon are getting married and he wishes her well. Dare we hope? That could be a really lovely scene if it's done right.

• Love 1

Please, please Nashville I hope you didn't go down that path of rape or attempted rape, NO. How do we recover from that because that is the worst thing that this series could have done to the Rayna character. Markus being a douchbag by trying to push his creepy intentions by kissing, trying to fondle her I can live with, but anything else is so wrong. Are they trying to go for shock? If they let it happen that leaves a permanent scare on the person it happened too. Why again would they want to go down that path it just doesn't make any sense. Please give us fans something to hold onto and not something so blatantly disgusting to remember. Something that horrific can never be forgotten ask any woman who have gone through that horrific experience. 

Edited by Sutton

Teddy at Rayna and Deacon's wedding, you mean?? Maybe they let him out for the day. Or maybe Rayna goes to the jail to tell him she and Deacon are getting married and he wishes her well. Dare we hope? That could be a really lovely scene if it's done right.

The only reason I don't want that scene is because there's so much happening in the episode already. Hard to imagine that they could actually squeeze in a wedding with everything else.

The only reason I don't want that scene is because there's so much happening in the episode already. Hard to imagine that they could actually squeeze in a wedding with everything else.

That's fair. They do always shortchange the inportant parts. The wedding itself will probably last 30 seconds. Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

Probably. They'll do the big circle film around the two of them in front of the officiant, then an up shot of the crowd, and then they'll be leaving the reception ;)

:/

We know Tandy talks some trash, Maddie is upset about Deacon shoving a photographer, and there's the wedding. What else happens that we know about?

MM - "They do always shortchange the important parts. The wedding itself will probably last 30 seconds." I hope not. I want to see the two people who have waited 30 plus years to finally become Man and Wife have their time of the HAPPIEST MOMENT IN THEIR LIVES and us fans have our time of HAPPY "They Are Finally Married.' If they were to give more time to the important parts maybe their rating would register higher. 

• Love 3

We know Tandy talks some trash, Maddie is upset about Deacon shoving a photographer, and there's the wedding. What else happens that we know about?

They were doing some filming in at least one cemetery, if not two - Bev and Rayna's Mom maybe? The first venue is compromised by the paps so they have to find a new venue. Apparently Daphne is STILL feeling left out. Then there's everybody's favorite interaction between Avery and Layla which caused quite an uproar on the other boards. Then there are some pics going around from what looks like the Bluebird set with tables set up - the girls are in dresses but not in their wedding finery, so rehearsal dinner maybe? Sounds to me like it needs to be a "Very Special Episode" and last a couple of hours.

They were doing some filming in at least one cemetery, if not two - Bev and Rayna's Mom maybe? The first venue is compromised by the paps so they have to find a new venue. Apparently Daphne is STILL feeling left out. Then there's everybody's favorite interaction between Avery and Layla which caused quite an uproar on the other boards. Then there are some pics going around from what looks like the Bluebird set with tables set up - the girls are in dresses but not in their wedding finery, so rehearsal dinner maybe? Sounds to me like it needs to be a "Very Special Episode" and last a couple of hours.

Holy smokes! No kidding.

I think I'm most disappointed about the stuff with the girls. Maddie especially, but Daphne too, were so supportive and happy about Rayna and Deacon getting together. It's a shame they can't just be allowed to enjoy getting the new family they wanted. And it's dumb for Maddie to be scared of Deacon now. If she'd ever seemed concerned about the car wreck that nearly killed her mother, maybe. But since she wasn't, it's just absurd. Maybe she could dislike his temper, but anything more is unrealistic, especially since he just almost died. Plus, it all makes me sad for Deacon.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

Me too. And once again we're at the part where the characters don't use their words. I guess in the wedding ep Maddie actually does talk to Rayna about Deacon's temper, but honestly, going after a pap whose trying to take pics of your kid is fairly normal. What Deacon did at the house isn't, but would it really kill her to talk to her Mom and then her Dad about it? Deacon's never done anything to her that would make her feel like he'd hurt her.

It makes me sad that Daphne was so excited about her Mom marrying Luke but can't find any warm feelings for Deacon who she's known and loved all her life.

• Love 4

Yeah, it's just so typically disjointed. And I agree that shoving a photographer isn't as big a deal. Those guys are actually scary and invasive...in LA, anyway.

They're really wrecking Maddie, and there's no need for it. I think that what would be great is if she spoke to Rayna, who took her seriously, and then together they talked to Deacon about. But it needs to more than a stupid photographer. Does Rayna learn about the mirror-smashing at the house?? I've also read that Maddie talks to Jessy Schram about it, so I guess it's not resolved in the wedding episode. Joy.

And the thing is, Maddie's not even acting afraid of Deacon. She's acting angry, like she's above it all or something, and she's no different in awfulness with him than with her mother or sister. Makes no sense.

• Love 1

The whole paparazzi thing is nonsense in itself.

I was born and raised in Tennessee, grew up visiting Nashville on a regular basis and lived there for a time until earlier this year. The intense paparazzi presence they've tried to convey since season 1 (I almost peed myself laughing when Rayna could barely pull her car up to Descon's birthday party) simply does not exist. One of the awesome things about Nashville is that celebrities can just kind of go about their business in peace.

The whole thing about them and Deacon and Maddie just infuriates me and I hope to hell there's some kind of rewrite. Doubtful, but like everyone else here I really wanted this wedding to be a rare joyous occasion on the show and not rife with soapy foolishness.

• Love 5

Yeah, it's just so typically disjointed. And I agree that shoving a photographer isn't as big a deal. Those guys are actually scary and invasive...in LA, anyway.

They're really wrecking Maddie, and there's no need for it. I think that what would be great is if she spoke to Rayna, who took her seriously, and then together they talked to Deacon about. But it needs to more than a stupid photographer. Does Rayna learn about the mirror-smashing at the house?? I've also read that Maddie talks to Jessy Schram about it, so I guess it's not resolved in the wedding episode. Joy.

And the thing is, Maddie's not even acting afraid of Deacon. She's acting angry, like she's above it all or something, and she's no different in awfulness with him than with her mother or sister. Makes no sense.

Read that too. Apparently she's scared of Deacon now, sigh. 

I've wondered if Rayna actually knows about what went down at the house? Deacon cut himself on that mirror, kind of hard to hide that from your SO though it would be easy enough to lie about it - can't imagine he would about that to Rayna though unless he just never told her. I'd love for Maddie to come clean and find out that Rayna's known all along - that Deacon told her after his visit with Frankie.

• Love 2

Can't anything go smoothly ever just one time on this special occasion with this couple/family. A wedding is suppose to be happy and Maddie wanted this since she found out that Deacon Claybourne was her biological father. Now their writing her that she's afraid of him, what next.

WOW, wouldn't that be a step in the right direction if Deacon did tell Rayna about what happened at his house. 

• Love 1

I'm hoping that this will lead to Deacon, Maddie and Rayna having a real talk about alcoholism, Deacon's childhood, etc. And maybe all of this jealousy stuff is leading up to an effort on Deacon's part to try to cool his jets somewhat. He does lash out pretty easily and can be pretty petty when he does so. It's not at all a good look for him. 

But who am I kidding, remember what TV show you're watching Clem!

• Love 2

I don't have the link handy, but I just read an interview with Dee Johnson post-tonight's episode in which she said that Markus leaving does not harm Rayna's label and that the success of his album actually puts her on the map in a really great place.

Highway 65 lives to fight another day.

• Love 3

That's fair. They do always shortchange the inportant parts. The wedding itself will probably last 30 seconds.

Impossible. We have Scarlett and Gunnar singing a song during (?) the vows. We have dancing.

• Love 1

This is neither a fansite nor a hate site. This is a place where anyone who watches the show can share their thoughts about it. Not everyone's going to like every character, and that's fine.

(edited)

The Manchild?

That's one sexy Manchild!

Curious as to why you'd even be on the forum?

I've watched Nashville since season 1 like everyone else around here. I am a Juliette Barnes fan and watch for Hayden, JJ and the music. 

Edited by Bwill3133
  • Love 1

Hello out there-

anybody got any spoilers on the following:

- looks like there are new (yes, even more characters they are adding, apparently) singers that Deacon and Rayna quarrel about-- or something- and with Frankie? I forget- who is Frankie (maybe the bar partner?). Is Rayna going to use that Beverly (I resent even typing the name) bar for her record company?

- anybody got any scoop on the way ahead for Juliette and Avery? Saw something about a possible hook up between Avery and Lyla? Hoping that it's something else ala producing her album-but I fear the worst. Also- looks like they are bringing back the DWTS guy as part of Juliette's storyline- so thinking that can't bode well for  Javery. Welcome any thoughts/known spoilers.

- Lastly- welcome any comments about the fate of the show. Earlier in the year it appeared that the head at ABC practically  guaranteed a season 5 but with a new boss, would assume it will be re-evaluated and will be down to an early May confirmation one way or the other. But if that is the case-- wouldn't the PTB at ABC let Khouri and her crew know (if it's getting canceled) well enough in advance so they can at least have a proper series finale that ties up all the loose ends?

I for one still watch the show but hate so much of what they've done with it since seasons 1 and 2. So while at this point I wouldn't mind them ending it would sure be nice if they'd reward viewer/fan loyalty with happy endings for all the main characters.

While I do appreciate what Cash had to say to Maddie at the wedding, knowing what's coming I couldn't enjoy anything about her last night.

The ramifications of this friendship are too much for me to even attempt to enjoy it for the time being.

Obviously the trigger was trying to put Maddie with someone more mature and write more mature songs, but why not Scarlett? Sure, she's busy, but my best friend at that age was my older cousin.

Hell, even Deacon could've dug deep with her. I get it would've been awkward and she's so terribly afraid of him every other ten minutes, but still. I don't recall "Believing" being that terrible.

Sorry for the rant, but what I'm reading on other threads is sickening. To destroy Deacon and Maddie's relationship the way they're going to with Cash at the helm sort of puts me in a place where I couldn't like her right now if j wanted to.

Edited by airwair

I know what's coming too, but so far, Cash is being great. Writing songs about sex with your dad is never going to be anything a 16-year-old girl wants to or will do, and the fact is that the show has never made Scarlett and Maddie close. I have no idea why the writers want to ruin this (so far) lovely, supportive friendship with the emancipation nonsense that's coming, but since it hasn't happened yet, I very much like how supportive and empowering Cash is being with Maddie so far. Maybe it'll end up that Frankie sells everyone out and manipulates his daughter as well. Cash is pretty young herself, and he's done a nearly complete turn from previous episodes where he was also a supportive friend. Last night, he came across as a passive-aggressive jerk.

As for Deacon, this show destroys everyone and has people acting out of character all the time. It's just Deacon and Maddie's turn now. It's dumb, but whatever.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 1

It's not been revealed yet but Frankie is off the wagon. Between that and Deacon dragging Maddie off stage when she gets felt up by some drunk old guy, Cash very much decides on her own to play the "they're crazy alcoholics and can't be trusted" card.

Which is to be expected, I suppose. But have the wits about you to not blow up this teenage girl's life and family and drag her down the road with you.

What got me was knowing when Maddie shows hesitance, Cash would say things to the effect of "you have to do this if you want your freedom." Seriously, what's it to her?

There is apparently a nice scene coming where Juliette tells Maddie she can always go home. (In the some vein as telling her earlier in season 4 to never wish her family away because it gets lonely without them.) Who do you think talks her out of it again?

Well, that's true. If she wants her freedom, Maddie will need to extricate herself from her family, which, by the way, has long been a complete and total dysfunctional mess. Her mother is clueless, Teddy is a felon in prison, and Deacon shouldn't be punching people or dragging anyone off stage or whatever other ragey nonsense he's up to. But my guess is that Maddie doesn't really want to be free. She's way too spoiled and needy to really want to be free in that way. So OK, Cash is wrong. Maybe it's Cash who really wants to be free. But honestly, I really don't care. I take this show week-by-week because if you look at it as a whole, it never makes any sense. The emancipation stuff is completely nuts and over-the-top, and I'm sure it will annoy me when it happens, but it's no more so than Pig Blood Peggy or Teddy banging hookers/being caught by the FBI/going to prison or Teddy letting Lamar die or Jeff falling off a roof or all the crazy that's going on with Juliette or Scarlett having a meltdown and on and on. Crazy and over-the-top are just how this show rolls. Nothing is believable anymore, so why should Cash be any different? Plus, the show will likely just turn it all around on a dime anyway when that becomes convenient. For now, Cash seems cool, so I like her fine. If she turns crazy...well, it probably won't affect my opinion much anyway, but she might irritate me. We'll see, I guess.

Edited by madam magpie

I read on one of the sites that if they get a season 5 things are going to change. Dee Johnson is leaving and Marshall Horskovitz,/Ed Zwick will be taking over the series I'm assuming as writers??? Something is going to happen to all these characters I hope for the best but we will have to wait and see. Don't know if Dee is leaving on her own or if she was pushed out but we really need some fresh writing, getting back to what Nashville was suppose to be instead of what it's turned into.

I was happy they got married but there was so much drama in last weeks episode it really put a damper on the happy part. Watching this week I felt like things were getting back to normal with two soulmates being happy to finally be married but again there is always that off the rail drama.

Don't know what Cash is up to hoping she is giving Maddie good advice but only time will tell with this series.

Frankie missing money and blaming the new girl so fast is so far out there. Don't trust Frankie thought he was a good guy but that's the big question is he really???

I had two issues with Cash, the first telling Maddie that she's so much more mature than she thinks she is and the second that she's being held back from writing her deepest stuff somehow. The rest of it was good and I loved the song.

Do you think Frankie's drinking and that's why he's at the bar long after everyone has gone?

Do you think Frankie's drinking and that's why he's at the bar long after everyone has gone?

In Episode 14 Frankie celebrates his "birthday" of being sober for 20 or 25 years, I don't remember which, at an AA meeting.  Cash is also there for the celebration.  He accepts the cake and the "Happy Birthday To You" song and is about to make a speech when he sees Deacon standing in the back of the room and realizes Deacon knows he's been drinking so he cuts his speech short and sits down.  After the meeting Deacon confronts Frankie.