Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Oklahoma

A land claim in Oklahoma is made by Kentucky Daisy; astronaut Gordon Cooper goes on a space mission; Deputy US Marshal Bass Reeves becomes the inspiration for The Lone Ranger.

Featuring: Kat Dennings as Kentucky Daisy; Colin Hanks as Gordon Cooper; Jaleel White as Marshal Bass Reeves

Retellers: Emily Wilson on "Kentucky Daisey"; Laura Steinel on "Gordon Cooper"; Mark Gagliardi on Bass Reeves Mark Gagliardi on "US Marshal Bass Reeves".

The man tackling the kid in the first story was one of the funniest things I've seen.

I watched The Astronaut Wives Club over the summer and I would've much rather have heard a story about Trudy Cooper.

Edited by Iboatedhere
  • Love 1

Gordo's great and all, and "first American to" vs. "first person to" is a tough thing to keep straight under the influence, but it's worth noting that Gherman Titov was the first person to sleep in space. He flew an orbital mission that lasted just over a day, before even John Glenn's flight.

FWIW, Titov was also the first person to puke in space. I don't think Gordo tried to match that feat. :-) 

I fall a little bit more in love with Colin Hanks everytime he's on Drunk History.  I'm also a huge NASA history fan (The Right Stuff is one of my Top 10 movies ), so all combined, Colin + Gordo Cooper = a whole lotta YAY!

The man tackling the kid in the first story was one of the funniest things I've seen.

Unfortunately, I couldn't help but think of the disgusting video of the camerawoman tripping Syrian refugees, including children.

I thought all three were interesting stories, but I fear I'm becoming tired of this series. I may have to check out early eps to see if they were as funny now as they were then to me, or if I've just outgrown the show.

I thought everyone was good in this one.  I usually hate Kat Dennings but she did a great job.  Jaleel White as Bass Reeves was hysterical.  "I'm gonna be the guy that keeps you safe.  What I'm gonna say to you is...I'm gonna take a nap.  Fuck you."

• Love 2

The guy at the end was too drunk for narration, though at least he seemed like a lot of fun. "Well we're changing history now!" *kiss* I liked the second narrator the best. She was just enough drunk. She says, "oh I can't swear because my mom" and then busts out a huge string of it. Shaking the lamp was great. It looked like a camera/sound guy shot his hand out just as it was going over. Then at the end she's just squirming around. 

I know of Kat Dennings, but never saw her show. I thought she was perfectly cast. So was Hanks.

I haven't been tired of the show at all. America is great because there's just so many stories to tell. 

• Love 2

Jaleel White as Marshal Bass Reeves

WHY DIDN'T I EVER LEARN OF BASS REEVES??

Thanks to Drunk History, I've learned more about historical people and events, than I did throughout the twelve years spent in the American public school system. 

• Love 4

WHY DIDN'T I EVER LEARN OF BASS REEVES??

Thanks to Drunk History, I've learned more about historical people and events, than I did throughout the twelve years spent in the American public school system. 

I don't know that I've learned about more people but I have learned more about important people in underrepresented populations often ignored by history.

• Love 2