Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A New Trailer For The Reboot Of The X-Files

Primetimer

Did anyone notice the tiny little parallel with Bad Blood? In this trailer, he's got his hands on her shoulders and he says "I know what I'm doing". It's like a parallel opposite when he did the same thing in Bad Blood but said "I don't know" when she asked him what she was supposed to be looking for in the autopsy. Anyone else? Am I just reaching? Did everyone else squeal at every moment they were onscreen together? He touched her? I'm such a dork.

Um, didn't Smoking Man die?

Yes, yes he did. Blown to smithereens actually. I'm not loving the idea of bringing back characters we know full well are dead as a door nail.

• Love 1

I'm not loving the idea of bringing back characters we know full well are dead as a door nail.

Or is he?

Yeah, you knew that one was coming, heh.

Honestly, I love the idea that CSM may still be alive.  I would love it even more if ejluther was right all those years ago, that CSM was actually turned into some version of a supersoldier.  Or maybe just actually has alien blood to some extent, since the magnetite didn't harm him. 

But I doubt they're bringing any of that into this miniseries (completely unspoiled and I want to stay that way) so we'll just have to wait and see what's up with Old Smokey.

• Love 1

Someone noticed that CSM's hand looked younger (okay, that sounds weird), and since there are scenes in the trailer that are clearly from the past, maybe we'll only be seeing CSM in flashbacks.

maybe we'll only be seeing CSM in flashbacks.

I hope so.  CSM is a key aspect of classic XF and William B. Davis made him a great villain, so I'm thrilled to have him be part of this revival.  But I do want it to make sense, so since dude is very dead, I hope he's just part of the flashbacks.