Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

NOOO!! Why did you guys have to tell me John Rogers was associated with this show?! Now I HAVE to watch another episode! I adored Leverage. So far, I'm just not feeling this show.  The pilot was SUPER exposition heavy and the show rattled off the cliches like clock-work. None of the characters stood out to me.

Sorry 'bout that!  I agree there was tons of exposition, which is very non-John Rogersy.  It's almost as if the network said "but people won't get it!"  Also, re: the characters not standing out, please see my previous comment about Gina Bellman.  I think she'd've been so good instead of the blonde that we met.

I debated whether or not "she's faking death" was a viable option. But I just got annoyed that the Player guy didn't think of that and suddenly start demanding answers/more examination of the body as soon as he saw the tattoo was gone. 

Another question here: if the game-runners are so good, wouldn't they have known about the tattoo?

• Love 1

Shhhhh, fastiller.  You're not supposed to be thinking logically! I wondered the same thing.  And if it turns out the British woman is related to Ginny somehow (or otherwise intimately involved), it will make even less sense.

I figured Alex decided to keep that knowledge under his hat so he could figure out what the real deal was. It was the one genuinely intelligent decision of the episode.  

• Love 2

I already watch a show with a Felicity.  I don't need to watch another one.  

I already like the dealer way more than Felicity. I prefer cool and confident competence over that "I'm nerdy and overtalkative, but I'm also unassumingly hot and brilliant!" thing Felicity's got going on. Or at least that's how I took her in the first season, before I had to give up on that show. 

The dealer is actually the one thing I liked about this show (besides the ambassador's badass wife).

Edited by cynic

I debated whether or not "she's faking death" was a viable option. But I just got annoyed that the Player guy didn't think of that and suddenly start demanding answers/more examination of the body as soon as he saw the tattoo was gone. 

This is TV for you.  But its kind of hysterical that the reaction both in show and viewer is.  'Hey! No tattoo!  They totally switched out the body with some heretofore unknown twin or performed some elaborate Face-off procedure.'  I'm thinking the first reaction would normally be he Mr. Medical Examiner, is there some reason you covered up the tattoo?'  Its so much easier to cover a tattoo than change a face.

Later Snipes' explanation is going to be, you needed an extra motivator to play the game so we covered up identifying marks to give you a reason to join us, investigating us.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

This is TV for you.  But its kind of hysterical that the reaction both in show and viewer is.  'Hey! No tattoo!  They totally switched out the body with some heretofore unknown twin or performed some elaborate Face-off procedure.'  I'm thinking the first reaction would normally be he Mr. Medical Examiner, is there some reason you covered up the tattoo?'  Its so much easier to cover a tattoo than change a face.

Usually when a dead character is mentioned a lot in a show, more often than not, they're usually alive.  At least, this is from my experience of watching different shows.

Shhhhh, fastiller.  You're not supposed to be thinking logically! I wondered the same thing.  And if it turns out the British woman is related to Ginny somehow (or otherwise intimately involved), it will make even less sense.

Sorry.  Where was my head?  I guess it'll be "don't think, just enjoy the ride" viewing.

• Love 1

My take on the missing tatoo is that the body in the morgue is not the wife.  She was kidnapped from the home and a dead body that was made to look like her was left. Alex was too busy chasing after the shooter to notice  the missing tattoo at that time.  As for why they missed the tattoo. They did not know about it.  Her wedding ring covered it up.

• Love 1

My take on the missing tatoo is that the body in the morgue is not the wife.  She was kidnapped from the home and a dead body that was made to look like her was left.

Or - the missing/dead wife could be part of the organization.  (As she is either the sister or BFF of the blonde with the accent)  

Perhaps she is part of the organization's recruiting efforts for the next "player".   

(When she traveled for months at a time with Drs Without Borders ('er whatever) - was she really simply running a clinic in the middle of no where? or could she be doing something else?

What would also be interesting - if there are multiple games in multiple cities....and future episodes might have the player's (ie Las Vegas and Macao) meet, compete against each other? or work together?

What a wager that might be.

• Love 1

Ok, this show, what is this show, even? This has got to be one of the most ludicrous premises...and yet....the hour flew by. I enjoyed WS looking fine, wearing his tailored suits and walking in and out of rooms (and cashing that check). PW has to do all the heavy lifting, which is fine by me (kind of miss the British accent).

It's obviously going to be plothole-palooza but if they can keep the energy up it's a mindlessly entertaining hour, IMO. I'm down for that. The blonde seemed a little young and out of her depth but she's not Megan Boone levels of suck, so there's that.

• Love 1

It's obviously going to be plothole-palooza but if they can keep the energy up it's a mindlessly entertaining hour, IMO. I'm down for that. The blonde seemed a little young and out of her depth but she's not Megan Boone levels of suck, so there's that.

Great term!  Now I have to find a way to use it, which given some of the shows I watch shouldn't be too difficult.