Type keyword(s) to search

The Music of LSSC: The House Band, Stephen and Musical Guests

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Prairie Rose said:

In addition to having to miss his day gig, Jon's performance at Carnegie Hall on Saturday to debut his "American Symphony" has been postponed due to his Covid diagnosis. Get well soon, Jon!! 🙏💖

https://people.com/music/jon-batiste-tests-positive-covid-postpones-carnegie-hall-performance/

As disappointing as is Jon missing his premier performance at Carnegie Hall due to his having Covid, that will mean little to him if his partner of 8 years who is battling a relapse of cancer dies because of Covid. 😥💙

https://fb.watch/cRnKcOgfOF/

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Sad 1

Jon was in town this past weekend at a music festival put on by Pharrell.  I did not go, although I really thought about it - a lot.  You could only buy a pass for all 3 days for $400 and while there were a few acts I would have been happy to see, not enough of them for $400.  And then, it turned out the festival was quite disorganized - a bunch of folks took sick due to crowding and emergency response was slow.  And other things that happen when thousand of people are squished together with no thought to what can happen.

Someday, I will see Jon in concert.  This weekend was not the time. 

• Hugs 4
  • Sad 2