Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Chit Chat, I literally was thinking about everything related to your post as I moved from 506 to here.  Plus, I thought about it on Monday as it relates to the Floridian teams.  Tampa is the biggest target, more than the other two.  Like you said, Miami is off and Jacksonville is overseas.  I wasn't sure where the Bucs were playing until I saw that they were not at Raymond James Stadium.

I don't know or think the league is going to postpone anything right now.  They usually don't, but I'm guessing & hoping that the families have already gotten to safety.  What I don't know this minute is Tampa's prep.  Don't think they're getting out easy if they haven't left yet

• Like 1

During the game last night, they said that the Bucs were flying to New Orleans today. The airport closed at 8am this morning. 

I bet these players have beachfront properties, so they've hopefully evacuated already. But this could be a make or break for team members who lose everything. What a horrible situation. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I bet these players have beachfront properties, so they've hopefully evacuated already. But this could be a make or break for team members who lose everything. What a horrible situation. 

It's sad to me if TPTB of the NFL prioritize a game over the disaster this storm is going to be.  Even with their families evacuated, there is going to be so much worry over their homes, and if everything is okay with their properties, it might be a while before they can go back.  It's a bitch evacuating, and it's a bitch trying to get back if there's a lot of damage.  

I had a better response to the following, but I lost it for several reasons.  So I'll blame it on New York.  Fuck them.

53 minutes ago, Chit Chat said:

It's sad to me if TPTB of the NFL prioritize a game over the disaster this storm is going to be.  Even with their families evacuated, there is going to be so much worry over their homes, and if everything is okay with their properties, it might be a while before they can go back.  It's a bitch evacuating, and it's a bitch trying to get back if there's a lot of damage.  

As much as I have criticized the NFL, it's still a tough decision.  I imagine they'll make the best decision they can.  While many of the players are going to suffer, I don't think it would be fair to skunk the fans that spent money on the event in advance.  It's typically non-refundable and if that held here, they would have a right to be upset.  I'd disagree, and I also don't know for sure if it'll go down as a tough loss.  I imagine a refund for sure.  Not so much travel costs, which I can't blame the league & company for.  Mainly because travel insurance does exist.

Outside of that, it's difficult to find a time and a space for makeup.  Rather it's not easy.  One of the things I've found vexatious is the league's eleventh hour decision making.  I guess it's not a big deal if they've often said, "We have no plans to change anything."  However, it wouldn't hurt if they said, "That is subject to change."

As Salacious Kitty mentioned, people have the beachfront properties, and that's going to be a mess for sure.  Fortunately (and IMHO), Florida is ultra aggressive which these annual disasters.  They're on in before, during, and after.  Totally no nonsense

1 hour ago, Carey said:

Fortunately (and IMHO), Florida is ultra aggressive which these annual disasters.  They're on in before, during, and after.  Totally no nonsense

I grew up in Florida.  The state of Florida learned a lot from hurricane Andrew in 1992 (I saw a documentary about it).    They've been on top of their game ever since and they know how to evacuate hospitals, nursing homes, etc.  They have always offered any other state dealing with similar disasters their guidelines, etc.  Some have taken them up on the offer, and one in particular didn't, and they didn't fare too well. 

1 hour ago, Carey said:

As much as I have criticized the NFL, it's still a tough decision.

It is, but depending on the damage this storm does, the Bucs players may not have their heads in the game.  Then again, they might play their hearts out for their hometown.  Either way, it's difficult to be away from one's community when they're going through this, but for them, it's best that they & their families evacuate.  For me, it's hard to get excited about seeing my team play knowing that the community they represent is probably going through hell at the moment.  It puts football into perspective.  It's a business and the show must go on, I suppose.