Type keyword(s) to search

Breaking Bad In The Media

(edited)

I posted this in the Better Call Saul Media thread, but really it is most fitting here, as it is mostly about Bryan Cranston:

Did anyone see the Jimmy Kimmel Show last night/this morning?  Bryan Cranston was one of the guests.   If you have ever seen him on one of the many late night talk shows, you know that he is always a great guest because he has a sense of humor and he is up for almost anything.  He plays along.  Whether it's sitting in a tub full of bubbles with Jimmy Fallon, or a skit involving him swinging in a harness opposite James Corden, Bryan is game for some fun.  In fact, I really wonder why he hasn't hosted Saturday Night Live more often in the past, because he would be perfect for so many skits.

Anyway, on last night/this morning's Jimmy Kimmel Show, there was an ongoing skit/series throughout the show.  There must have been 4 or 5 segments of it -- it was long -- but it involved Bryan having a party for his 60th birthday.

In addition to Bryan, there were cameo appearances from 3 other familiar faces -- but you have to watch all of the segments to see them, because they don't all appear onscreen together at the same time.  In fact, I have only seen two of the names pop up in articles today -- all of the writers must have skipped over the 3rd person, or didn't see him.

Anyway, search for "My Super Sweet 60" online.  There are way too many articles about it to link just one, but again -- they all seem to skip one particular cameo from the BB world.

Edited by Sherry67
On May 22, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Sherry67 said:

I think this is the full video of My Super Sweet 60, from beginning to end (and one of the better articles about it as well).  

It's a bit long, but it's good -- http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/20/bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-aaron-paul-super-sweet-60-jimmy-kimmel 

The huge smile on Aaron Paul's face when he first sees BC is full of uncontrollable joy, but he then quickly starts playing off of BC and gets into character.

‘Breaking Bad’ Movie in the Works With Series Creator Vince Gilligan

Details are sparse, with no information on what shape the movie would take — a prequel like “Better Call Saul” or something else — or whether any of “Breaking Bad’s” stars will return. The Albuquerque Journal includes a logline stating the film “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.”

I'm thinking the continuing adventures of Jesse Pinkman, who was kidnapped, escaped, and was on the run when last seen.

• Love 1

Honestly, the longer the series went on, the more annoying I found Jesse.  I don't think I'd be able to stand an entire movie where he is the central character.  I'm pretty sure, though, that I'm among the outliers, and there are a lot of BB viewers out there who want to know what happened post escape.  

It's not that Jesse wasn't annoying -- even when he was funny, he was often an immature brat, and he was certainly erratic and could be a loose cannon -- but his fate in the post-Breaking Bad time frame has always been a big question mark for me.   

At the end of the series, I really wanted to know if Jesse somehow managed to go off to live somewhere else under a new identity, or if he was caught and taken in, or if he stupidly returned to the drug world.  I assumed that at some point in time we would see or hear a reference on Better Call Saul about what happened to Jesse -- maybe something as simple as a newspaper headline, or a reporter mentioning Jesse on a TV news segment, etc.    

But it could be that Vince Gilligan decided that the Jesse update was too big of a story to tell within the context of BCS, and that it wouldn't do it justice to just explain Jesse's fate with a quick sentence or two.   Also, at this point we don't know how long Better Call Saul will be on the air beyond the next season, so this movie could possibly be timed to conveniently appear after BCS ends (I am just running possible scenarios around in my head).

Then again, perhaps this movie is going to focus on some totally new, random, unexpected character that is connected to a Breaking Bad character we already know, and perhaps it's not about Jesse at all!  lol   That seems unlikely, though.  I am thinking Jesse is the focus.

• Love 2

BCS does do flash forwards to "Eugene" scenes (at least they did, I didn't watch this season), maybe they will do a quick newspaper headline, which could be how a movie would begin.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

But it could be that Vince Gilligan decided that the Jesse update was too big of a story to tell within the context of BCS, and that it wouldn't do it justice to just explain Jesse's fate with a quick sentence or two.

I would certainly hope that Jesse's experiences would force him to "break good".  However, BCS is a prequel to Breaking Bad.   They can't update Jesse's fate when it hasn't happened yet, unless, as @ByTor suggested, it was in a Gene flash-forward.  But since we only get one of those a season, that would be a waste, IMO.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I would certainly hope that Jesse's experiences would force him to "break good".  However, BCS is a prequel to Breaking Bad.   They can't update Jesse's fate when it hasn't happened yet, unless, as @ByTor suggested, it was in a Gene flash-forward.  But since we only get one of those a season, that would be a waste, IMO.

I was thinking in terms of one of the Gene-era flash forwards as well.     I wasn't expecting something to be revealed about Jesse's future fate before the events of Breaking Bad have even unfolded!  lol 

Again, as I said above, (prior to news of this Breaking Bad movie) I was expecting that a Jesse reference on BCS could be something as simple as a newspaper headline or a mention of him by a reporter on TV -- which would not take up much time.   I mean, given the way Better Call Saul has already evolved and who we have seen, it's not going to be out of the realm of possibility to merely mention Jesse's name or show it in a headline, or otherwise get some kind of fleeting info about what happened to him, especially when we are seeing some scenes in the "future."

But... we also don't know what kind of timeline BCS will be playing with in the next season (or any subsequent seasons, if there should be any).   We could jump ahead to the middle of Breaking Bad's timeline, or we could jump beyond that point to the future and get even more Gene scenes, and then go backwards in time again.  We just don't know.

In any case, it will be interesting to see what this BB movie is about and when it will actually surface.

8 hours ago, millennium said:

A whole movie of Jesse would be hard to take.   He needs Walter White.   They're a team.

That said, do we know that Walter White really died at the end of Breaking Bad?   Maybe a helicopter was nearby ..

lol  I laughed out loud at your helicopter comment because that stupid helicopter is fresh on my mind.    Maybe it was the same helicopter that Walter hypothetically boarded ... with the same people/person on it.    Maybe Walter will be there to greet the new arrival -- which would make for an interesting  meeting!   lol

• Love 2