Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: The Sweater People

Jimmy and Gretchen are living together in the Season 2 premiere, but try to avoid domesticity by partying all the time, a lifestyle that's harder than it looks. Meanwhile, Edgar is smitten with Lindsay, who attempts a desperate reconciliation with Paul.

Oh yeah, the cut to the bear with its mouth distorted in the same way as Paul was pretty funny. The actual act... to quote Lindsay, "ew".

The way the phone salesman tried to sell Jimmy & Gretchen on the family plan-- was it a parody of a Don Draper/Mad Men pitch?

• Love 1

The season premiere reminded me why I love this show - they are able to take a cliche situation and somehow make it funny and interesting instead of tired and trite. The idea of two people moving in together and not wanting to turn into a boring domestsicated couple is nothing new but they took it above and beyond the usual "let's get drunk!" crap. The next time I consider doing something really stupid, I am going to say to myself, "Let's add cocaine to butt stuff!"

Lindsay and Paul's sex scene was definitely worthy of a Lindsay "EW!"

My major reality nitpick was about the cell phone/family plan thing. The simplest solution would have been for Gretchen to just ask Jimmy which cellular provider he has that gets such great reception at his house and then just switch to that. See? No family plan or relationship commitment necessary! Separate phone plans and continued financial independence!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Is Edgar's breakfast lasagna a lasagna made with layers of breakfast food like eggs, bacon, and pancakes or is it just regular lasagna served at breakfast time?

The Hollywood Reporter published a recipe. Trash juice, breakfast pizza, and breakfast nachos, too: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/youre-worst-breakfast-nachos-trash-819006

It's layers of lasagna noodles, scrambled egg with sausage, Canadian bacon, and three cheeses.

• Love 1