Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Logan & Chris

• Start Topic

I like having older teams, so I'm hoping these two last a while.  They seemed to do a great job with the Sand Detour.  It was great seeing some older people beat a younger team of pros.

They have great potential to keep up with the youngsters this season!

On "paper" (uh, pixels?) this team gives me a Tara and Wil vibe -- like, the designated bickering couple possibly cast as token "villains" (being paparazzi). They're dating, and their bios say they're stubborn and tend to clash a lot. Not looking forward to that.

Yeah, I like this team. Things like the paparazzi and TMZ wouldn't exist without America's celebrity-worshiping culture. If we all stopped reading trashy magazines and watching "personality-based" reality shows, these people would be out of a job. We keep them employed. And don't get me started on celebrities that beg paparazzi to cover them when they want publicity, but then whine incessantly when they don't want publicity. Newsflash: News doesn't work that way.

I also think their hustle and aggressiveness could help them. Even moreso if they manage to bond with the other teams.

We've already seen hints that they're going to fight.  Chris chose one Detour, then switched to the other at a breakneck pace, frustrating Logan in the process.  That said, they did the Detour fairly well, and Logan seemed to do a great job at the Roadblock.

Got out of that task in second, but their cabbie taking them to the wrong entrance to the Pit Stop made them lose two places, dropping them into fourth.

Still like them so far.  Hope they keep doing well.

Still don't have a strong read on this couple, though they do seem to have a tense relationship - the Race probably won't improve that. But damn, Logan did a fine tango. She had a beautiful 'line' and I wish I'd been able to see the entire dance.

• Love 1

I like Chris. He looks awesome with his beard and works hard. He was sweating his ass off doing the Roadblock. I like him more than Logan but overall I like the team and wouldn't mind if they won.

Edited by ByaNose

I can't believe all of the fighting they do.  I blame most of it on Chris, since he seems to panic and overthink things too much.  Logan is a bit aggressive, though.  Probably too much so.  From what I saw, they made a mistake leaving the Roadblock too soon out of thinking they had to go somewhere else first.  Chris did an okay job with the Roadblock.  Logan was right to get Chris not to switch Detours, because Chris was panicking too soon.  They did the lion task just right, and their balance helped them pass Cindy & Rick to make to sixth.

Nice job.  Too bad their fighting is getting annoying.

I can't believe all of the fighting they do.  I blame most of it on Chris, since he seems to panic and overthink things too much.  Logan is a bit aggressive, though.  Probably too much so.  From what I saw, they made a mistake leaving the Roadblock too soon out of thinking they had to go somewhere else first. 

I think the problem is that they were right behind Cindy and Rick, who were the first to make the mistake of leaving immediately, and so they just assumed that Cindy and Rick knew what they were doing and just followed them. Which is an understandable mistake -- if I were on the race and in Panic Mode I would follow other teams too and assume they wouldn't make such a boneheaded mistake. But they need to settle down, read their clues, and run their own race.

• Love 1

The bickering and meltdowns are getting worse and therefore, for me, more annoying. I know that some couples (many that have never even watched The Amazing Race) have that sort of dynamic and it works for them, but it is not pleasant to watch. I was kind of hoping they'd be eliminated on the most recent leg.

• Love 1

Logan should be thankful to and for Denise.  After she failed once at her Roadblock (after Chris killed his) and wound up on a train behind the other teams, they needed a break and got one in the form of Denise not being able to rap in French for shit.

They focused enough to finish the Bust a Crab Detour on their second try, and reached Phil in sixth.

As much as they've become annoying, that was the perfect example of why you never give up on the race.  The perfect example.

They were much calmer on this leg, but Logan seemed to have the greatest struggles at the Roadblock.  They also weren't great at the Ship Detour, but they at least managed to calm down at it more than the bottom two teams did.

Fifth place was good and earned on their part.

Next week doesn't look so good for them, though.  Is Chris seriously trying to make Logan not do a Roadblock she'd be good at?  Wow.

Next week, it looks like she needs to be a server (raising her hand) and, somehow Chris isn't having any of it. I'm still not sure who I hate more. He is such a jerk and she is sorta a biotch. I'm very torn. LOL!!!!

I think Chris is very lucky Justin is on this season because he's getting all the attention for being obnoxious.  Chris is far worse, IMO.  He's constantly negative, he's indecisive, he treats his partner poorly and he's a bad racer.  At least Justin knows how to race.

• Love 3

Chris just doesn't listen. He doesn't trust, believe or think what Logan says is right. Even, when the clue is spelled right out. Also, he sure sweats a lot. That said, they seem to thrive on the arguing and get the job done. I guess they could make the Final 3 despite themselves. It's really between them and the cheerleaders for the 3rd spot. Next weeks teaser seems interesting and I'm not really sure who is impacted or how.

• Love 2
I think Logan & Chris are just two very strong, aggressive leaders who aren't used to being followers.  Obviously, they need to work on that, but I don't think it makes them bad people by any stretch of the imagination.  And I do think they love each other through all the intensity and fighting.

I agree with this - fighting and sniping may be an important part of their dynamic, and it doesn't mean A) they don't love each other or B) they're bad people at all. However, it does make them, for me, less pleasant to watch on my television screen. I'm a relatively odd consumer of reality programming and prefer watching contestants show class and intelligence (and even kindness when possible) rather than all the drahhhma. Chris and Logan aren't my cup of tea, but if they win this thing they will have earned it by virtue of having done it.

• Love 1

I can't imagine that they are the total opposite what we are seeing on the race. Granted, the race heightens everything but their first reactions to each other are pretty telling. Honestly, I thought they were just co-workers and not romantically involved. They don't even come off as friendly to each other.

• Love 3

On one of the threads someone made a comment that I wanted to respond to, but I don't remember what it was or what thread it was in so that I could refresh my exhausted memory. I had read the answer to the forgotten comment on Logan's Twitter feed. Since I can't remember what it was, I am placing the link to her Twitter here, in case anyone wants to read it. I haven't read it all, but I don't think there are spoilers.

https://twitter.com/LoganFazio