Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

• Start Topic

I agree. During the program, I raided the refrigerator, daydreamed, possibly napped--it was ridiculously boring.

It was not boring due to major zombieless activity, but it was boring to lack of writing--->plot nuances,...

The mother character was agonizingly stultifying. She just INCESSANTLY clomped about in those annoying boots. And, does not a dress code exist for the school faculty?

I will not even delve into the multitude of school regulation and behavioral inaccuracies depicted.

Has the actress who plays the mother( I'm sorry, she was so incredibly boring that I do not recall her character's name) received 'lotsa' Botox,... Her facial expressions are non existent--it's pitiful. She just clomps, clomps, clomps. That's all she does, well, that and repeatedly ignoring and behaving extremely dismissive of her boyfriend.

And, really can a black man Puh-lease NOT be superfluous throwaway fodder for death in the TWD world?!

And, not be THE typical tired fallback stereotype of a drug dealer.

Perhaps, a Rainbow of a writing team is needed.

**Sorry about the QUOTE malfunction**

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Ok, right, Madison is mom's name. I definitely don't think that she is fifty nor do I think that Madison is an unlikely name for her simply because hordes of families didn't popularize it until the 90s or whenever.

Edited by BookElitist

Ok, right, Madison is mom's name. I definitely don't think that she is fifty nor do I think that Madison is an unlikely name for her simply because hordes of families didn't popularize it until the 90s or whenever.

The actress if fifty, but I have no idea how old the character is supposed to be.  And I don't think Madison even existed as a first name until the movie Splash.  Daryl Hannah's character has to make up a name, and she happens to be standing on Madison Ave, so she picked that as a name.

Was not MOM bitten by formerly lickalicious Cal??

No.  Travis intervened.

• Love 1

As a nurse, I almost always despise how nurses are portrayed, and this was no different.  First of all, you can't force a nineteen year old to pee if he doesn't need to, then compare him to a dog.  Also, metal bedpans have been gone for at least two decades, and Nick would pee in a urinal, not a bedpan.  Don't even get me started with the ludicrous soft wrist restraints.

I watched with my sister, who is an ER nurse.  When the patient in the room with Nick started coding, she laughed and said that they did everything wrong and would never have done what they did the way they did it.  I always defer to her on medical stuff.

• Love 2

I watched with my sister, who is an ER nurse.  When the patient in the room with Nick started coding, she laughed and said that they did everything wrong and would never have done what they did the way they did it.  I always defer to her on medical stuff.

But... but... people just DIE different in TeeVeeLand!!! :D

By the same token - I'm an IT guy, and by God before I die I want to get my hands on a copy of what my friends and I refer to as HWOS. That's Hollywood Operating System, for you non-techie types, and it lets a user do things magical and unbelievable - with extra emphasis on the "unbelievable " part.

• Love 4

As a nurse, I almost always despise how nurses are portrayed, and this was no different.  First of all, you can't force a nineteen year old to pee if he doesn't need to, then compare him to a dog.  Also, metal bedpans have been gone for at least two decades, and Nick would pee in a urinal, not a bedpan.  Don't even get me started with the ludicrous soft wrist restraints.

I just knew you would notice these inaccuracies, too.  Metal freaking bedpans. It's been bothering the hell out of me since I first saw it.  Also, why in the hell would he be in the ED for 2 days waiting for a psych consult?  I thought they were supposed to be having a flu epidemic, with lots of the population out sick.  In the hospital I work in those beds are always in high demand, even without an epidemic.

• Love 4

Here are the Live + 7 Cable Ratings for the "Pilot":

Fear the Walking Dead was the week's top live + 7 ratings cable gainer among adults 18-49, adding 2.1 adults 18-49 ratings points.

Fear the Walking Dead grew the most in viewers, adding 3.826 million viewers to its Live + Same Day viewers. [Total viewers: 13.956 million]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/09/08/fear-the-walking-dead-tops-adults-18-49-total-viewership-gains-masters-of-sex-cedar-cove-lead-percentage-increases-in-live-7-cable-ratings-for-week-ending-august-23/460428/

• Love 1

So I re watched the first episode of the walking Dead today and I realized I liked everyone in that first ep. Even The people I ended up disliking later. And i LOVED Rick and Morgan and felt emotionally invested in them right away. MAJOR difference between that and this episode.

I'm very disappointed. I'll keep watching of course because they've totally got me thanks to the mother ship, but things had better get better fast.

I love to get my chuckle on during the scene that shows Nick's attempt to take down the recently risen Calvin.  Nick uses the truck to back over creepy Calvin once.  Then he drives forward and hits Calvin again but as soon as Nick puts the truck in park the engine shuts off.  He doesn't even touch the key to turn the engine off.  I laughed to myself and wondered if the sound designer actually thought vehicles, old though they may be, worked like that?

When Travis went to the church to verify Nick's story--this was when I watched the pilot for the first time--I kept wondering, "Why is he doing that?  Is he a reporter?"  But, no, he was just trying to be the best buddy ever.  When Travis was about to wrap up his inspection trip there was a long camera shot of him from across the pews and while he's holding his flashlight still looking around someone in the door frame to the right is shown running by.  I'd guessed that it was the tweaker that Travis ran into in the room upstairs because there is no way that a newly returned person would have passed the opportunity to get at that meal.  I also thought that the "door frame" was a large mirror but if that was so Travis, since he would have been pointed in the same direction as the mirror, would have seen the person so I ruled that out.  It certainly could have been some other person that wasn't the tweaker but I don't know why Travis didn't hear the person--whoever it might have been.