Type keyword(s) to search

Watch The First Three Minutes Of The Fear The Walking Dead Premiere

• Start Topic

Seemed like kind of a slow three minutes to me. I mean, we did all know he was going to discover zombies, right? So watching him take three minutes to wake up, go down the stairs, and say "Ruh roh! Ronster!" seemed more like filler than like actual suspense. Especially because I don't yet care if this character lives or dies, as long as they get on with it. Maybe later on I will be actively rooting for his survival, but this just felt like the director was taking my emotional investment for granted.

And, yes, I know the original series also started with a slow, quiet opening scene. But this one was neither as atmospheric nor as well-acted.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3

I just can't with this kid. Why is he wearing a shrug? And they must've sent him to walker school because that is how he moves.

I found the diaphanous bolero shirt oddly hypnotic.  The actor not so much.

• Love 2

I just can't with this kid. Why is he wearing a shrug? And they must've sent him to walker school because that is how he moves.

Oh crap...that's exactly what I thought - that he was just turning into a zombie, and because it was the earlier stages, that it took time...

And why is he wearing a shrug?? No clue.

Interesting though overall the preview. I sense a time jump, then subsequent jump. Like, the first three minutes are showing a specific time, then flashback to T-Minus virus hitting full blown or whatever, then they go forward in time, to show the viral outbreak, and subsequent results. That's how I see it.

I'm saving myself for Sunday night.  :-)

Ooooo, I'm SO glad you said that.  I have tickets to the Titans/Rams game Sunday evening, so I need to make sure the DVR is set to record.  Danke for the reminder!

• Love 1

Ooooo, I'm SO glad you said that.  I have tickets to the Titans/Rams game Sunday evening, so I need to make sure the DVR is set to record.  Danke for the reminder!

Titans/Rams are obviously some sports team that can go SUCK IT on any given Sunday night that involves TWD or FTWD.  Some of us have our priorities straight ...    ;-D

Titans/Rams are obviously some sports team that can go SUCK IT on any given Sunday night that involves TWD or FTWD.  Some of us have our priorities straight ...    ;-D

It's only an issue on two of the preseason games. :)

• Love 1

Missing out on series premiere night just for a preseason football game?   Shameful, Nashville. Absolutely shameful.  *shakes head*

;)

No, "shameful" would be spending the money on the PSLs and season tickets, then not going to the games.  :D

• Love 2

No, "shameful" would be spending the money on the PSLs and season tickets, then not going to the games.  :D

I'll let it slide this time, I guess.  Despite it being a preseason 'game', you got the best end of that whole deal this past Sunday night [NFL vs FtWD pilot].  Lucky bastard.  :P

Titans don't have a home game for SNF on 10/11, do they?  Cause despite everything, that would suck a little harder to have to put off viewing that premiere until you can watch it. 

Titans don't have a home game for SNF on 10/11, do they?  Cause despite everything, that would suck a little harder to have to put off viewing that premiere until you can watch it.

Sure do! We play the Bills - at noon Central Time. :D

• Love 1