Type keyword(s) to search

T-Bag: Best Evil Character Ever?

I requested this show to be added to forums if for no other reason to express my love of Robert Knepper and his portrayal of T-bag. I think T-bag (aside from his rapey/murdery qualities) is one of my favorite characters on TV, ever. Yes, he's a sociopath, but he owns it. My gosh was he scary. Clearly my love for T-bag is tied up in how wonderful a job I think RK did, but T-bag was still a pure joy to watch, even when he was killing someone. He was on H50 and it took me at least 5 episodes to get past that he was dressed in a suit and not actively trying to kill someone.

• Love 6
On 13/08/2015 at 6:31 PM, betsyboo said:

I requested this show to be added to forums if for no other reason to express my love of Robert Knepper and his portrayal of T-bag. I think T-bag (aside from his rapey/murdery qualities) is one of my favorite characters on TV, ever. Yes, he's a sociopath, but he owns it. My gosh was he scary. Clearly my love for T-bag is tied up in how wonderful a job I think RK did, but T-bag was still a pure joy to watch, even when he was killing someone. He was on H50 and it took me at least 5 episodes to get past that he was dressed in a suit and not actively trying to kill someone.

Right there with you! :)

I think it's important for me to say that I don't judge fictional characters the same way I judge people in real life. My friends tell me I have a villain fetish :D And in keeping with this, T-Bag is also one of my favourite ever characters. Robert K is just So. Damn. Good. in that role. He manages to make him simultaneously creepy, scary and charming.

I'm happy that he's back in the new season. It's a real privilege to watch him doing his thing!

It is admittedly unbelievable that someone with his history would ever be released, but I don't really care. I want good things to happen to him even if he doesn't objectively deserve them. 

• Love 4
(edited)

yes.  next question?

and i've seen some interviews with RK;  he seems to just be a totally polite, soft spoken normal guy.

(and i don't know why PTV is double posting everything i say....)

Edited by janeta
  • Love 1

Nah, that's just a young Theodore Bagwell pulling a scam on someone... ;-)  

He was on Chicago Fire/Chicago PD as an arsonist... T-Bag.  He was on Homeland as a general... T-Bag.  Anything recent... T-Bag.

• Love 7

It is absolutely preposterous that his re-sentencing was apparently 7 years but I don't care.  I need Robert Knepper on my screen.

I used to freak out my friend by crooning "Tweener, I'm coming for you...TWEENER, I'ma coming for you" and she hated it because T-Bag is SO creepy but we loved him.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, mojoween said:

It is absolutely preposterous that his re-sentencing was apparently 7 years

Yeah, and if Breakout Kings is still canon, he escaped and killed a lot of people like five years ago.

• Love 1
On 15/04/2017 at 3:05 AM, dirtydi said:

I have a gut feeling he is gonna die.

The writers quite deliberately avoided killing him at the end of the show's original run because they knew how popular he was with the audience. I wonder if the same still applies...I hope so ?

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, betsyboo said:

I'm replying to my own topic - bad form?? Seriously, RK just inhibits the creepy and I believe with my whole heart that if I ran into him on the street he'd kill me. 

The only other actor who affected me this was  Matthew Cowles, who played Billy Clyde Tuggle on All My Children. Damn if I wasn't afraid of him even when I saw him at awards shows with his wife, Christine Baranski, lol!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

The only other actor who affected me this was  Matthew Cowles, who played Billy Clyde Tuggle on All My Children. Damn if I wasn't afraid of him even when I saw him at awards shows with his wife, Christine Baranski, lol!

omg you are SO RIGHT!! ahahahahahahahah

• Love 1

Now T-Bag: TNG needs to start production...a 5 year mission to seek out more of his bastards at trailer parks, truck stops and prisons across the galaxy....

• Love 2