Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Lunch

Amazing double joke with the Dawson Casting, with Lindsey actually being an adult while still a good deal younger than Elizabeth Banks actually is (and goddamn, was I surprised when I looked up her age to confirm it).

Great seeing more of the returning characters like Gail, Gene, Abby, and Lindsay.  Abby's "transformation" into a woman was perfect, and I love the twist that Lindsay is actually a 24 year-old undercover reporter, pretending to be 16.  She might not pass for 24 but damn, Elizabeth Banks is still gorgeous.

I'm pretty sure Mitch was holding that can of vegetables when he fell into the toxic waste, so I wonder if that's how the whole

"Gene talks with a can of vegetables voiced by H. Jon Benjamin"

from the film is going to come about.

The stuff with Susie and Ben is amusing, knowing how that's going to turn out.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 1

and I love the twist that Lindsay is actually a 24 year-old undercover reporter, pretending to be 16.  

I loved the line "I had no idea how I was going to convince a bunch of teens that I was just like them and not a 24-year-old with a lifetime of sexual and career experience."  These guys are so meta.

And the barbecue sauce on her face in the first scene.  Her surreptitious typewriter cracked me up too.

ETA: Also I'm like 80% sure Lake Bell's overalls are covering up her pregnancy, which makes all of her smoking and drinking all the better.

Edited by rabidchipmnk

ETA: Also I'm like 80% sure Lake Bell's overalls are covering up her pregnancy, which makes all of her smoking and drinking all the better.

I'd upgrade that to somewhere near 100%.  But she looks great.

Yeah, her baby was born in October of 2014, and the last thing filmed for this was in late February of 2015. She's not pregnant, but may have not been comfortable in her mommy skin yet. Or overalls were just "in." ;)

(I paid way too much attention to the filming news surrounding this.)

I haven't watched the movie, but it's coming back to me now. I could have sworn BC and MIB were gay, so I watched the trailer to make sure. I cannot wait to see how that goes. 

One of my biggest laughs came from Meloni's "that is the only logical explanation" when the kid says someone else must have stolen his shorts. In They Came Together Meloni shits himself at a Halloween party and comes up with a elaborate story about how someone else has done it and finishes with "that is the only logical explanation". Hee!

• Love 4

Yeah, her baby was born in October of 2014, and the last thing filmed for this was in late February of 2015. She's not pregnant, but may have not been comfortable in her mommy skin yet. Or overalls were just "in." ;)

(I paid way too much attention to the filming news surrounding this.)

Ah, so maybe you can answer the full timing schedule, because Marguerite Moreau looks not-at-all pregnant, and SHE just had one about a month ago, which suggests she should have been showing by February, or did they super-stagger everyone's filming schedules... I was so sure I had this all figured out!

Holy crap, I never would have guessed Marguerite Moreau was pregnant while filming! Especially when she was rocking that spandex cat suit for Electro-City! I'm sure the staggering of the shooting schedule was crazy given most of the actors are busy with other projects.

• Love 1

Amazing double joke with the Dawson Casting, with Lindsey actually being an adult while still a good deal younger than Elizabeth Banks actually is (and goddamn, was I surprised when I looked up her age to confirm it).

Elizabeth Banks is old enough that she could have had a 24-year old daughter in 1991. She is a beautiful example of aging and whatever "work" may have been done was done incredibly well.

I think the wording was just confusing. In 1991, Elizabeth Banks at 17 was old enough to have a child, who today would be 24. My first thought when reading your post was that Elizabeth Banks was in her 60's because one of her kids was 24 in 1991.

Edited by absnow54

I loved this episode. Abby Bernstein's transformation caught me by surprise. I totally missed that the young girl singing on the porch was horny Abby from the movie. And then when she emerged from the bathroom looking like Marisa Ryan, I had to rewind to confirm to my brain that Abby disliked boys before she "matured".

I LOL'ed at Lindsay stammering out her awful cover story and that the campers totally bought it. "I'm from Manhattanville...it's in Ohio...the center...up state...down...the downtown". Complete with bizarre hand gestures. 

Poor sexually frustrated Susie. That's twice that Ben has avoided kissing her. I wonder how long they've been dating and if they've ever kissed.

I don't really care for the kids but Kevin shitting in his shorts was so awfully hilarious. By the time Coop came to the rescue as Mrs. Doubtfire-lite Patti Pancakes, I lost it. And when he confronted Donna holding the soiled shorts, I was in tears. 

Edited by bunnyblue

This episode was hilarious! I am amazed at how much Artie looks and sounds like the original Artie, but with 14 years between the movie and this series, it seems impossible that it could be him. Also, was it just me or did Abby Bernstein look extremely pregnant when she came out of the bathroom stall? I assumed that was part of the humor of the scene.

This episode was hilarious! I am amazed at how much Artie looks and sounds like the original Artie, but with 14 years between the movie and this series, it seems impossible that it could be him. 

The actor doing his voice is not the kid, but is the same guy in both.  I hadn't realized the kid was dubbed in the movie until I heard the exact same voice on newArty.