Type keyword(s) to search

Best Eyeliners for the Waterline

• Start Topic

Does anybody have any good suggestions? Mine just doesn't last at all. I wear either glasses or contacts and have to retouch fairly often. I tried Rimmel Sandaleyes for a while, but think I might need something better. I'm going to Ulta tomorrow and am thinking about trying Stila or Kat VonD.

Urban decay has released or is about to release 24/7 waterproof eyeliner specifically for the waterline. I use Rimmel kohl and it lasts all day, sometimes 2 days when I forget to wash it off (bad, I know!).

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

I love eyeliner but am vey bad at putting it on, so far felt tips are the least bad for me (I still need to erase extra fuzzy area, so there goes the rest of my eye makeup too). Anyone able to tell me how to apply this freaking thing so I can finally unleash my inner Cleopatra :) ?

I love eyeliner but am vey bad at putting it on, so far felt tips are the least bad for me (I still need to erase extra fuzzy area, so there goes the rest of my eye makeup too). Anyone able to tell me how to apply this freaking thing so I can finally unleash my inner Cleopatra :) ?

Have you tried using an ultra fine liner brush... that and practice should help.

s1291327-main-hero-300.jpg

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 2

Thanks, as luck has it I bought one just this summer. First time was a disaster, second time slightly less bad, then on the third time I managed to have a good line both sides on the first try. I'm not there yet but getting better :-) so you're right, practice does help!

So far I practise whenever I stay home, which is weird, I know :-( 

Thanks, as luck has it I bought one just this summer. First time was a disaster, second time slightly less bad, then on the third time I managed to have a good line both sides on the first try. I'm not there yet but getting better :-) so you're right, practice does help!

So far I practise whenever I stay home, which is weird, I know :-( 

You are not alone in practicing. So far I still haven't left the house with eyeliner, but I'm getting better.

• Love 2

This article/blog-thingy lists several of the 'best' eyeliners of 2015 as tested by the author.

Personally I am not a fan of gel liner; on the rare occassions when I use a gel liner, I follow with an eyeshadow in the same color to 'set' the color and prevent the dreaded racoon eyes.

I've used both the Stila and Urban Decay and found they both work well (slight edge to Urban Decay).

Not listed here, but a good brand/product nonetheless is Makeup Forever's Aqua Eyes (it can be pricey though).

I have extremely sensitive skin/eyes so I tend to avoid most drug store brands as they cause me to have really adverse alergic reactions (once causing my eyes to swell nearly shut and my eyelashes to fall out).

Oh, and set your eyeliner by placing a little eyeshadow on top of it.  I also place a little transulcent powder under my lower lash before lining, it helps prevent traveling liner - use an ultra fine liner brush to do this.

Edited by OakGoblinFly

You go Marge! Let's you and I touch base on how we're doing from now on! So far eye makeup remover on a Q tip is my friend for equalizing both sides if need be :-)

I successfully put on eyeliner this morning and left the house with it! Big win for me. Only on the upper lid though; under the eye is going to take more practice.

Agree on the Importance of Q-Tips. I love the new ones specifically for makeup. They have a tapered tip, which makes them easier to use with precision.

• Love 2

I've been using the Stila liquid eyeliner and while it's okay, I'm not in love with the way the felt tip is bendy and the brown I use isn't all that strong of a color. I just got Kat von D's Tattoo eyeliner and I'm loving it so far. The felt tip is more rigid and the brown is very deep.

I recently received some NYX liner crayons and they work really well for the inner rims of my eyes; glides on easily (I do warm up on the back of my hand with a few swipes first) so there is no tugging, color is pretty saturated, lasts all day, and no irritation. I like mixing the colors, using black for the tightline and then a color for the upper lid (near the lash line) and the waterline which really plays ups the color in my eyes (which are hazel and range from green to blueish grey).

On 8/30/2016 at 2:50 PM, OakGoblinFly said:

I recently received some NYX liner crayons and they work really well for the inner rims of my eyes; glides on easily (I do warm up on the back of my hand with a few swipes first) so there is no tugging, color is pretty saturated, lasts all day, and no irritation. I like mixing the colors, using black for the tightline and then a color for the upper lid (near the lash line) and the waterline which really plays ups the color in my eyes (which are hazel and range from green to blueish grey).

What's the name? I have been on the lookout for a good drugstore liner for the waterline so this has me curious.

On 9/3/2016 at 6:14 PM, peachmangosteen said:

What's the name? I have been on the lookout for a good drugstore liner for the waterline so this has me curious.

NYX Retractable Eye Liner; you can find the brand at some CVS stores as well as some Ulta shops.  They also have stores in several malls, and of course you can order via their website.  I really like the eye liners and eye shadows; I find they work well, having good staying power, and are very reasonably priced.

Sephora VIB event is coming up and I need new eyeliner, but I am looking for ones without Carmine or Red Dye in them. Urban Decay seems to have changed formulas and everything but Uzi makes my eyes look bloodshot.

I tried asking the assistant on the site, but they are unable to search with those specific ingredients. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Edited by BlackberryJam
Forgot the question.