Type keyword(s) to search

Worst Models in Top. Model. History

(edited)

Since we have a Best in Top. Model. History thread, we might as well have one for the Worst in Top. Model. History. This thread might be infinitely more interesting.

My picks:

C1: Robin

C2: Jenascia

C3: Magdalena

C4: Brandy, Lluvy and Naima

C5: Jayla and Kyle

C6: Wendy

C7: Jaeda

C8: Kathleen

C9: Saleisha

C10: Whitney

C11: Sharaun and Nikeysha

C12: Thalia

C13: Lisa and Sundai

C14: All of them, but probably Alasia is the worst

C15: Kacey and Terra

C16: Dominique and Dalya

C17: Angelea

C18: All the Americans except AzMarie

C19: Maria and Destiny

C20: Mike the ice cream truck guy

C21: Romeo and Denzel

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I can't argue with most of your picks, Mattipoo, although I don't think Whitney was the worst model of her season.  She was okay, not great, and shouldn't have won that season, but I think Stacy Ann, Atalya, Marvita and Amis were all much worse than Whitney.

• Love 1
(edited)

LOL thanks for reminding me of Amis and Atalya. Yeah those 2 were definitely bad. I kinda liked Stacy Ann though, and Marvita also had a couple good pics if my memory serves me right.

Edited by Mattipoo

I'm gonna put the pic that made me pick them as the worst model of that cycle

C1: Robin - Looked like someone threw her across the camera and male model doesn't look all that excited either

antm_robin05_daniel_garriga.jpg?w=480

C2: Bethany - all her pics were just bad, she was 2nd to be eliminated but at least the rest had at least one good photo

1164112884.jpg?w=480&h=480

C3: Kelle - I felt really bad for her though because some girls saying she wasn't "black" enough, which there is no such thing as acting black, white, etc. but her pics were horrible.

18-kelle-topmodel3-wk4.jpg?w=480

C4: Noelle - Why Tyra picked her to even be in the house was astonishing cause she doesn't scream model and neither did her photos. I feel sorry for anyone who is a Leo. Look at that pic. Yikes.

antm_noelle06_tracy_bayne.jpg?w=480

C5: Ebony - Tyra in no way should have picked her to enter the house.

antm_ebony03_michael_ruiz.jpg?w=480

C6: Brooke - Look at the left hand. Need I say more.

antm_brooke07_tracy_bayne.jpg?w=480&h=36

C7: Jaeda - just not photogenic at all and last I heard she didn't pursue modeling and I had my share of any pic of any she took cause they were all bad

antm_jaeda05_tracy_bayne.jpg?w=480&h=615

C8: Kathleen - she sounded like a sweet girl but OMG, she didn't know how to represent anti-fur?

antm_kathleen02_nigel_barker.jpg?w=480&h

C9: Bianca & Saleisha, horrible portfolios

antm_bianca03_matthew_jordan_smith.jpg?wantm_saleisha08_jim_wade.jpg?w=480

C10: Stacy Anne & Whitney - just straight up don't like Whitney. Tyra only picked her so she can have a plus size winner. Whitney had a stuck up attitude, was fake, sick of hearing her talk about being healthy and eating regularly like the other girls didn't, plus Tyra told her to gain weight before coming on the show so if that isn't a sign of favoritism and hand picked to win I don't know what is.

antm_stacyann04_george_holz.jpg?w=480&h=antm_whitney05_trevor_o_shana.jpg?w=480&

C11: Sharaun - She is America's Next Top Model don't you know, yet booted off first.

antm_sharaun02.jpg?w=480&h=610

C12: Aminat - girl can rock a runway which I think she's more suited for than taking pictures

antm_aminat05_nigel_barker.jpg?w=480&h=3

C13: Rachel - look at that right hand & Lisa - a pissed off clown

34doisy.jpg?w=480&h=639292npt1.jpg?w=480&h=639

• Love 1

Man, I totally forgot about C4 Noelle. yeah she was not a model at all. I don't even remember C2 Bethany, which shows how bad she must have been. Her picture truly sucks, as she looks like the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz dipped in purple paint. Sharaun and Kathleen are, needless to say, dumber than a box of rocks, conceited and have zero modeling potential to boot. Saleisha looks like Bozo the clown in her Cover Girl ad. She makes Cover Girl cosmetics look cheaper than they already are, if that is even possible.

C1 Robin is a really good one: she was actually quite gorgeous, but already a fossil in terms of a modeling career. C10 Dominique was one of my least favorites. She already looked kind of old and the "soccer mom" haircut courtesy of Tyra did her no favors. Also, I disliked C5 Kim. I didn't see "high fashion" in her, at all, and didn't understand the high praise she got during her season.

eta: I forgot to mention I also feel that Yoanna, the winner of c2 photographed "old" to me, and never looked fresh. It's funny that some of the other girls were criticized for this, but I don't think they explored this with Yoanna.

Edited by the living statue
  • Love 1

Kim's pictures were not that great and didn't understand the high praise either. I'm like what exactly are we praising? The superhero photo dud, the enhanced surgery photo awful, pin up wasn't all that great, screaming photo was a no go I can go on with Kim. Can't believe Lisa went home over Kim when Lisa took better photos. 

• Love 1

Kim's pictures were not that great and didn't understand the high praise either. I'm like what exactly are we praising? The superhero photo dud, the enhanced surgery photo awful, pin up wasn't all that great, screaming photo was a no go I can go on with Kim. Can't believe Lisa went home over Kim when Lisa took better photos. 

While I agree that Kim took mostly lousy photos (the one for which she was finally eliminated was actually decent - I would've sent home the dark-haired girl instead, whats her face, something with a J but not Jaeda, I don't think), I actually think Lisa's photos were worse.  She looked like a drunk 45 year old in all of them.

• Love 2

The other dark haired girl was Jayla

Thank you!  I knew Jaeda was the one freaking out about getting her hair cut in Season 7, but couldn't for the life of me remember Jayla's name.  I mostly liked her photos but that particular week, I wasn't impressed.

Edited by proserpina65

Having seen Caridee's current commercial for a psoriasis medication, I would have to list her as definitely one of the worst.  Didn't she win her season?  Watching her walk from scene to scene stopping to pose at each season and then give the final line to "ask your doctor..." never fails to amuse me by its awfulness.  I can't remember how she did in the Cover Girl commercial challenge on ANTM, but her real-world commercial is cringe-worthy IMO.

• Love 2

CariDee did win her season and they didn't even like her final runway walk as Melrose outdid her there as well. So I think CariDee won because of her personality because Melrose basically did way better than her even during the covergirl commercial they had to do in a different language. That swayback walk in the psoriasis commercial was very bad on CariDee and seeing her pose in that commercial was something truly heinous. 

• Love 2

CariDee did win her season and they didn't even like her final runway walk as Melrose outdid her there as well. So I think CariDee won because of her personality because Melrose basically did way better than her even during the covergirl commercial they had to do in a different language. That swayback walk in the psoriasis commercial was very bad on CariDee and seeing her pose in that commercial was something truly heinous. 

I remember Melrose's expression of "are you freaking kidding me". like usually the 2nd place girl is gracious etc, but Melrose had to have known she did better in the stuff that mattered (Final Runway, Cover Girl Commercial) and lost anyway. 

• Love 2

Once again, I'm gonna supply my least favorite model and least favorite person:

Cycle 1: Robin falls under least favorite in both categories.  Gorgeous face and body, but with no clue of what to do with either one.  And a gross person, on top of it all.  Runner-up for least favorite person goes to third boot Nicole, just for giving up her reward because she was so needy in regards to her boyfriend.

Cycle 2: Model-wise, probably agreeing with the sentiments about Bethany, although I didn't think Jenascia or Xiomara were any great shakes, either.  Personality-wise, who wouldn't mention Camille?  Enough said for why.  Yoanna, despite her win, comes in third for trashing Catie and April as badly as she did (the prime definition of stealth bitch), and Catie is in third for her makeover whining.

Cycle 3: Ann was far and away the worst.  How the fuck did Tyra drag her all the way to fourth place?  Kelle does get my nod for (dis)honorable mention since she was also mediocre and a whiner, to boot.  Personality-wise, no one really irked me in that department, to be honest.  This was actually a shockingly likable cast.  I think Cassie and her issues came the closest, but I didn't really dislike or hate anyone.  But that's just me.

Cycle 4: Brita, Sarah, Lluvy, and Noelle were definitely the worst models and all were deservedly gone pre-overseas.  Honestly, part of me wonders how Keenyah made it overseas, as well.  Personality-wise, this was the opposite of cycle three in that I found so few likable (or even memorable) girls.  Outside of Naima, Kahlen, Brittany, Michelle, Tatiana, Tiffany, and Rebecca, I barely remember most of the girls.  And those I do remember, I didn't like them.  Probably give a nod to Keenyah since she got the farthest of the stank girls.

Cycle 5: I actually thought that second boot Ebony and third boot Sarah were the worst models in that cycle.  And I personally think that Tyra agreed with the case of the former when, upon her elimination, she all but told her that modeling would only be a dream for her.  Um . . . ouch.  And the latter of the two couldn't walk, pose, work her angles, or use her face to save her life.  Personality-wise, probably Jayla gets my vote for her confessional in which she told one of the girls she didn't like her and thought she was a bitch.  I forgot if Nik or Nicole was her victim in that case.  Bre was the "designated" villain of the cycle, but she didn't bother me much.

Cycle 6: I really hate to say this, because I liked her personally, but I'd say Gina gets my vote for this one.  She was so clueless and lost most of the time.  It was a wonder she even made it on to the show.  While in hindsight, she isn't so bad now compared to other villains who came after her, Jade got my vote for worst personality at the time for her delusions and general meanness.  (Though I will forever love the moment she kissed the cockroach at that runway show.  That was a bit showy, but bold of her.)

Cycle 7: There were so many girls I thought could take this distinction.  First boot Christian was just not good.  Monique had no potential.  Anchal had more bad weeks than she had good ones.  Jaeda had so much potential, but wasted all of it.  If I have to pick, it'd be Monique or Jaeda, I guess.  Monique also wins my personal least favorite since she was so damn stank.  And while probably the best model of the F3, Melrose wins second place for worst personality.  I can't name a single girl in that house who liked her.

Cycle 8: I don't want to ding most of the first boots, because for all we know, several of them might've done better had they been given a second chance to recover from a bad first photoshoot.  I do think that Kathleen, despite misunderstanding the concept of the anti-fur shoot, could've done better with more time.  Therefore, I won't include her.  I will include both plussies, though, as Diana and Whitney both came in with much potential, but completely failed to live up to it.  And there's no way in hell I would've considered Dionne, Renee, or Natasha to be models, either.  (I liked Dionne and Natasha on personal levels, though.)  Personality-wise, Renee is far and away the worst.  Just whining or meanness or both from her.  Just felt like a truly unhappy person, in general.

Cycle 9: No way Bianca should've gotten as far as she did.  Neither should Saleisha.  Neither were models.  For that matter, they're also my two votes for worst personalities.  Though I will say that both have matured greatly since cycle nine, much to their credit.

Cycle 10: Amis, for one, was a terrible model who was only there for a free ride.  While Atalya wasn't good, either, I still would've let her slide past that first elimination to get rid of Amis.  Dominique was also one of the worst models that cycle (which makes it even more surprising that she improved that drastically by the time she came back for All-Stars).  Whitney wins the vote for worst personality of that entire season, even though I didn't think she was among the worst models.  Of the entire F9, though, she was the weakest, or at least second-weakest.  Probably F10, if I wanna be generous to Marvita.  I thought she was stronger than Atalya, Allison, Amis, and Dominique, for sure, and probably on par with Marvita, but definitely weaker than Aimee, Claire, Stacy-Ann, Lauren, Katarzyna, Fatima, and Anya.  Oh, yes.  And I forgot.  As was said about her, fake as a two-dollar bill.  It says something that her biggest defender, Anya, even turned on her a few months after the cycle had wrapped up.

Cycle 11: ShaRaun I am in full agreement with, as well as Nikeysha.  Probably the worthiest first and second boots ever.  Hannah (the first-ever challenge elimination) wasn't great, either, nor were Clark or Joslyn.  Samantha was good in her Eyes photoshoot and her Model Disasters photoshoot, but I otherwise thought she shouldn't have tasted the overseas trip.  So I can take my pick with them for worst model.  Personality-wise, it's weird, because while she wasn't nasty or mean, and I usually like exuberant people, I hated Samantha's brand of overexuberance, whooping and hollering every time she did well at a photoshoots or commercial shoot, her whining when she did terribly, or her general unprofessional behavior anywhere, especially after they got overseas.

Cycle 12: Kortnie and Sandra win my vote for worst models of that season, with Tahlia very close behind them both.  Aminat had the worst personality on top of also not being a model.  Though her walk is fierce.  No denying that.

Cycle 13: I hated seeing her go so soon, and the reason for her elimination was BS, but Rachel wasn't a model.  I didn't think Sundai was that good, either, and was floored that Tyra carried her to fifth place.  Other than that, I generally thought that this was a modelesque cast.  Personality-wise, though, while I appreciated her modeling skills, Erin had the worst personality there, probably followed by Sundai.  And though she was gone pre-overseas, Kara was stank, too, with all of the trash she talked about Nicole.  So it did my heart well to see Nicole win the F8 photoshoot and Kara be eliminated, especially after Kara vowed that the reverse would happen.

Cycle 14: I saw almost no modelesque girls in this cast except for some of the ones who made it overseas.  Brenda and Anslee probably get my vote for worst models, even though Simone and Tatianna, while likable, weren't really model material, either.  Personality-wise, I have to give the nod to Anslee.  Just an unpleasant, whiny person who'd go off over anything at the drop of a hat.

Cycle 15: Kacey takes the vote for both categories here.  Subpar modeling, and a stank person.  It was actually refreshing to see the sole villain of the cycle eliminated so soon.  Liz takes second for worst personality, and Chelsey third.  I don't see what's to favor her about when all of her confessionals were basically about trashing Ann.

Cycle 16: Dominique and Dalya win the prize for modeling, but Alexandria wins the vote for both.  It was amazing to me that she won two photoshoots when I thought she couldn't model at all.  And how she even got to seventh place in All-Stars is beyond me.

Cycle 17: Model-wise, see what I said above for Alexandria.  Though I'll give a "special" nod to how badly Sheena and Isis's modeling skills seemed to have deteriorated since their initial appearances in cycle eleven.  Personality-wise, Angelea.  I don't know what happened to her between cycle fourteen and this one, but she came back with a huge chip on her shoulder that gave her whininess and overwhelming entitlement issues.  It's infuriating that Tyra kept passing her through and even gave her the win, but at least her inability to keep her mouth shut resulted in it being taken away from her.

Cycle 18: Mariah and Candace couldn't model to save their lives.  I also don't see how Ashley made it so far on her BNTM cycle, as she was terrible in the States.  Seymone takes my vote for absolute worst on both categories, though.  I thought her first photoshoot was great, but every other one after that was awful, and she had probably the worst sore-loser reaction to being eliminated, too, when she ran away from her final confessional in tears, not wanting to talk.  She was clearly entitled and thought that she had the win in the bag after winning the first photoshoot and couldn't take not being told essentially that Tyra had no more belief or faith in her.  Eboni wins the runner-up prize for just being a negative girl, in general.

Cycle 19: Darian wasn't a model at all.  I don't know how Tyra let her on the show.  You won't convince me that Yvonne and Destiny were models, either.  Personality-wise, while I can see why she won, I hated Laura's negative personality and hate that she did win.  Runner-up prize goes to this cycle's quitter.  I know other people on TWoP praised her to high heaven when she quit, but I give no such praise to Maria.  Took a spot another girl would've embraced with no hesitation, couldn't take that she wasn't the smartest or best girl in the room, and decided to take her ball and go home.  And she couldn't even tell Tyra to her face.  I respected Ebony (cycle nine), Kimberly (cycle ten), Ondrei (cycle sixteen), and Alisha (cycle eighteen) so much more because they outright told Tyra that they wanted to quit.  Maria couldn't even be woman enough to do that.

Cycle 20: Mike was the worst model, bar none.  It's amazing he won the vote to return to the game.  What were the social media voters thinking?  By far, though, Marvin had the worst personality to me.  It's obvious Tyra was trying to pass him through because she wanted her first male winner right in that cycle.  But he wasn't that good of a model to me, and his and Cory's treatment of Chris H. was despicable and disgusting.  I was so glad that he lost.

Cycle 21: Haven't seen it.

Cycle 22: Haven't seen it.

Cycle 23: As much as I liked her and hated seeing her go first, it's obvious Justine was among the worst of the girls in terms of modeling.  I also don't think Giah was a model, either.  Personality-wise, Courtney has my vote for the worst of the girls.  Marissa comes in second for being a total stealth bitch.

• Love 1
On 7/26/2015 at 4:40 PM, Mattipoo said:

Since we have a Best in Top. Model. History thread, we might as well have one for the Worst in Top. Model. History. This thread might be infinitely more interesting.

My picks:

C1: Robin

C2: Jenascia

C3: Magdalena

C4: Brandy, Lluvy and Naima

C5: Jayla and Kyle

C6: Wendy

C7: Jaeda

C8: Kathleen

C9: Saleisha

C10: Whitney

C11: Sharaun and Nikeysha

C12: Thalia

C13: Lisa and Sundai (There were weaker models that season but i don't like either of them so ok)

C14: All of them, but probably Alasia is the worst

C15: Kacey and Terra

C16: Dominique and Dalya

C17: Angelea

C18: All the Americans except AzMarie

C19: Maria and Destiny

C20: Mike the ice cream truck guy

C21: Romeo and Denzel

Bolded names um yeah no not even close to even being the worst their season sorry not sorry

Unpopular opinion: Amis had one of the best casting "Grad" photos and Elle's "Intimates" photos. She also gets the rare distinction of being eliminated for having my favourite photo of the week: for me her Meat Packing photo was the only one that showed any life or movement, and her profile was divine. 

She wasn't model material, so I don't mind that she was eliminated early. But I think she photographed fabulously, her Homeless shot being the exception. 

Edited by Oholibamah

I'll always remember how the representative from Elite Model Management spoke so glowingly of Saleisha during her cycle. Even to this day, I'll never understand what they saw in her.

Also, from what I've read, Caridee is actually doing very well and has amassed a sizeable net worth. Not to take anything away from her, but I never really understood what was so special about her either.

• Love 3
On 4/8/2018 at 6:53 PM, carrier76 said:

Saleisha is on Days of Our Lives, and I think she is a terrible actress, even by daytime standards. Her character sucks, so maybe that shades my judgment.

Her character, Lani Price, does suck, and that has nothing to do with her acting, which is also very bad.  So no shady judgment there.

Edited by Prin Holmes
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 1/10/2018 at 7:40 PM, Roccos Brother said:

I'll always remember how the representative from Elite Model Management spoke so glowingly of Saleisha during her cycle. Even to this day, I'll never understand what they saw in her.

Also, from what I've read, Caridee is actually doing very well and has amassed a sizeable net worth. Not to take anything away from her, but I never really understood what was so special about her either.

Saleisha was the worst. Tootie carparts always set my teeth on edge. I will always weep over cycle 9 and it's potential for greatness. You had, Ebony, Jenna, Mila, Victoria, Kimberly, Heather and Lisa who were high fashion models. Ebony was my favorite and she was bullied incessantly by Tyra and her crew. I understood why she quit. Tyra has always had issues with Black girls who did not her fit her myopic views of how Black girls should be. That is another rant for another day.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2