Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Everything Is Everything

Well I can commiserate with Spence on that MRI. I had to convince myself when I had mine. The trick is to close your eyes going in until you are all the way in and only look up - which is through the back opening of the machine.

The weird noises will quickly dull your senses to the other fear soon enough.

Have no idea if it was on purpose or not, but hearing the artist formerly known as "The Rock", loudly saying "It doesn't matter!" again, made me smile.  I really hope the show finds a way to have Spencer say a variation of "Do you smell what The Rock is cooking?!"

Ricky really isn't going to have any money left soon, considering how extravagant the "fun house" was.  An entire room just for raves! He did do a good job with the television interview, to his credit, but I'm not surprised that his girlfriend I can't even remember the name of, left him.

You're an idiot, Charles!  That is all!

Still don't know what to make of the Vernon stuff, except the phrase "Everything is Everything" can go onto the already massive list of why this season should end with Spencer giving Reggie the Rock Bottom through a table.

• Love 2

Well I can commiserate with Spence on that MRI. I had to convince myself when I had mine. The trick is to close your eyes going in until you are all the way in and only look up - which is through the back opening of the machine.

The weird noises will quickly dull your senses to the other fear soon enough.

I'm a big fan of close your eyes going in and keep them closed until you're done 45 minutes later.  Oh, and two ativan, definitely the ativan.

A fun house?  Wow, no wonder these guys all go broke.  Other than Charles, I find all of these players extemely unlikeable.  Loving The Rock though.

• Love 1

I'm still trying to understand why Spencer continues to engage Vernon and Reggie.  It can't just be for the money - surely, Vernon's not the only player getting paid (and really, he's dead broke, so I understand this even less).  Vernon annoys me more than Reggie - he's just so...dumb.  

Ricky going on about his father, and failing to see the irony in his declaration that he's NOTHING like his father was interesting.  Talk about a blind-spot.  Would he even acknowledge a child from one of his sexual escapades? 

• Love 3

Thank god Ricky's dad wore, 81. So that Ricky could "flip the script" with 18. 10-19 and 80-89 are the only numbers wide receivers can wear (unless they converted from a position where they wore another number).

I kind of got the impression that the "Fun House" was purchased by a few players together for their escapades.

Seifert is the most enjoyable person on the show. I hope he gets promoted to regular for the next season.

• Love 1

Still don't know what to make of the Vernon stuff, except the phrase "Everything is Everything" can go onto the already massive list of why this season should end with Spencer giving Reggie the Rock Bottom through a table.

Vernon gets the People's Elbow for being dumb...

• Love 3

I have no real reason for believing this, but I sense Ricky's sad story about his father is fiction. He can get away with it (at least for now) because of the premise that he's totally cut off his dad and his dad had nothing to do with him, so it makes sense that his dad wouldn't "claim" him. But  - and this is all speculation here - I can see his father coming out of the blue to claim fatherhood at some point.

That fun house must cost someone a fortune.

Well with regards to the cost of some of the things these athletes, have. I will say it is Florida, so things are much cheaper and they dont pay state income taxes. What i don't understand is how they all know Ricky, who spent (from what we know) a few years in Green Bay. How was he using the funhouse during that times?

(edited)

Well with regards to the cost of some of the things these athletes, have. I will say it is Florida, so things are much cheaper and they dont pay state income taxes. What i don't understand is how they all know Ricky, who spent (from what we know) a few years in Green Bay. How was he using the funhouse during that times?

Probably was using it most during the off-season.  You know Ricky probably wasn't spending a whole lot of time in GB when he didn't have to! And he probably let others partake while he wasn't in town. Didn't he say that there were two guys there just to "take care of the house"? 

Edited by damalanop

I kind of got the impression that the "Fun House" was purchased by a few players together for their escapades.

That was my impression as well. It reminded me of what was said to go on in the "White House", a house near the Cowboys training camp that was used or owned by several members of the 90s Cowboys.

I have no real reason for believing this, but I sense Ricky's sad story about his father is fiction. He can get away with it (at least for now) because of the premise that he's totally cut off his dad and his dad had nothing to do with him, so it makes sense that his dad wouldn't "claim" him. But  - and this is all speculation here - I can see his father coming out of the blue to claim fatherhood at some point.

For some reason I thought Ricky was lying as well. Perhaps it was Spencer's reaction, which seemed a little skeptical, why haven't I heard this before. Perhaps because it's hard to imagine that in this day of what seems like non-stop human interest stories of sports figures, it wouldn't have already been known. But perhaps I'm just too cynical.

MRI does not necessarily show CTE, thats the only thing that bugs me. For such an important issue that is truly a huge problem for former players they should aim for better accuracy.

Neuropscyhologic testing would be most important, more so than an MRI.

I too wondered if RIcky was lying about his dad.