Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I went to his facebook to snoop, and he posted a video last night in which he says Arrow's the only hourlong drama on network left from the 2011-2012 pilot season hahaha lololololol Chicago Fire & Elementary are obviously airing in an alternate reality. And technically also Nashville.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Seems like SA being a drama queen to me. Haha. IDK why though.

Cause he is? He pulls that I'm quitting social media at least once per season.

1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I went to his facebook to snoop, and he posted a video last night in which he says Arrow's the only hourlong drama on network left from the 2011-2012 pilot season hahaha lololololol Chicago Fire & Elementary are obviously airing in an alternate reality. And technically also Nashville.

Hahah. Well that's a very myopic point of view. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

And they both just also had their ? parties as well, no?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, RussianRoulette said:

And they both just also had their ? parties as well, no?

Yup. It's the same hilarity of him saying no network is doing 4 show crossovers, which he's said a few times. His buddy Colin Donnell actually works for the other franchise doing 4 show crossovers [Chicago Fire/PD/Med + Law & Order SVU] just the same, and this season they're even adding a new Chicago show.

Like, what you're doing is an impressive feat on its own, without you claiming exclusivity and looking dumb while at it.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Well, of course. I just wondered what prompted it this time.

23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't know that this fits his MO though. Announcing to everyone that this is just no fun anymore, he's taking a breather, we all need to focus on what's really important in life, yada yada yada, definitely. That way he's guaranteed to get messages like come back, Steve, we love you, don't leave us, by truckloads. Going private without announcing it seems too mellow IMO. Plus, apparently visitor posts were disallowed on his FB page recently and, while I thought he should count it as a blessing, he seemed to want toget them back to enabled asap. 

If I were writing this thing, it would be the cast and crew pranking him, messing with his social media.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

My friend thinks he was hacked. i have no  idea, i don't follow this stuff 

I mean if he was hacked I think the hacker probably would've done osmething crazier than change his icon and take out his bio lol

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I mean if he was hacked I think the hacker probably would've done osmething crazier than change his icon and take out his bio lol

At the very least you'd think there would be really odd posts, like Canada Sux! My Abs are sprayed on, etc

• Love 7
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

The discussion over on the Relationship thread reminded me of this tweet from yesterday from people who think Arrow would be so much better if it would just diminish that pesky female:

What the hell did I just watch?! Changing Felicity's wardrobe would make Arrow better? LMAO the misogyny. OMG.

I particularly enjoy how 4 out of 5 of the points are about Felicity. They've ignored all of the real problems with the show like writing for plot, OOC character moments, contrived storylines, mediocre stunts, having to prop other shows. But suuuuuuure, Felicity's dresses are the worst thing about Arrow.

I'm dead. I've heard it all now. LOL.

Edited by Guest

They double down on their wardrobe complaint by explaining in later tweets that it "takes the viewer out of the moment" and "trumps the storyline" and deny that they're misogynists because if it were a guy in a suit, they'd be saying the same thing. 

I think they set out to troll, given how they tagged the post and how they responded.

"write Felicity into a secondary character" sounds like someone opening up one of the new kids, like, surgically, and then writing the word Felicity with the entrails. I don't think they can do that at 8pm on the CW.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

Yup. It's the same hilarity of him saying no network is doing 4 show crossovers, which he's said a few times. His buddy Colin Donnell actually works for the other franchise doing 4 show crossovers [Chicago Fire/PD/Med + Law & Order SVU] just the same, and this season they're even adding a new Chicago show.

That's going to make it a five show crossover so technically he's correct?  Or maybe it's those hilariously bad math skills.

32 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I particularly enjoy how 4 out of 5 of the points are about Felicity. They've ignored all of the real problems with the show like writing for plot, OOC character moments, contrived storylines, mediocre stunts, having to prop other shows. But suuuuuuure, Felicity's dresses are the worst thing about Arrow.

Felicity is not nearly as important as we think she is. That's why 4 of the 5 points are about her.  Not to mention, just how closely is he paying attention to her that the cocktail dresses pull him out of the scene, accompanied by a picture of her in the dress Ray got her for the dinner when cocktail wear is perfectly appropriate.

If Felicity is always perfect, what's the Havenrock arc about then?  groan

• Love 2

Oh my god. That whipclip is the stupidest most passive-aggressive hit on Felicity I've ever seen.

"Don't kill her off"= "Kill her off by making her irrelevant"

"Keep her on team arrow, she can still have something to do" - sexual tension for Oliver? 

"Don't let Olicity happen" = but let her be around for sexual tension? WTF

"Computer nerds can't wear cocktail dresses to cocktail parties"

"Stop making Felicity perfect" = Um she has made a crapton of mistakes.

That was just so dumb. LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

That's what I find so funny. Felicity can't be a perfect flawless Mary Sue and someone who murdered all those people and cries all the time. Argument FAIL.

I can't laugh at that Whipclip clip because it makes me too angry. What a load of condescending, contradictory, hypocritical, misogynistic, agenda-driven crap.

ETA: And if you want to talk about fashion, what about all the impractical, sex kitten costumes worn by female superheroes in the comics? But I guess the best thing to do is just ignore such trolls.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 13

Here's what Beth Schwartz retweeted...

Here's another version of that trend request...

ETA: Berlanti hasn't bothered to tweet any Arrow promotions this week (as yet), although he's tweeted promotions for Flash, LoT and Blindspot. No surprise - no promotion by Suzanne Gomez.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I remember when Felicity got mocked for being Oliver's doormat and a one-dimensional hacker girl with no backstory. This was between seasons 2 and 3, IIRC.

I remember this too. "She's just comic relief." "She's such a one dimensional character!" "She's not important enough for her own story!"  It was during s2 as well but also that hiatus. 

Flash forward to now and BOOM, she gets her own story and suddenly the show is "Felicity and Friends". Methinks some are just salty and will forever BE salty. Mores their pity, I guess! 

That whole video was a misogynistic nightmare. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

SA facebook video chat from yesterday (no spoilers)...

Stephen Amell || Our very first NP Partnership with Jared Padalecki
Published on Oct 25, 2016, by Stephen-Amell™

Does he talk about the show at all? Because I'm not interested in his wine club.

16 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Does he talk about the show at all? Because I'm not interested in his wine club.

The only thing he says about the show is that he thinks the first 9 episodes are the strongest ever! 

And then he talks about Code 8. 

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The only thing he says about the show is that he thinks the first 9 episodes are the strongest ever! 

Doesn't he always do that?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

And then he talks about Code 8. 

Thanks. I can skip it entirely then.

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

This is gorgeous. I love this pic. I wasn't keen on the previous one but this is perfect.