Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Normally I avoid bringing up KC , but since she keeps getting mentioned, I kind of want to throw this question out there: anyone else a little bit wary about what she's going to do in her numerous con appearances? I'm afraid she's going to rally people to help her get her job back on Arrow (I don't really care if she wants to show up on Flash or LoT) and the unpleasantness that's been going on in fandom the last month or so will never die down. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yeah, no that's not going to happen.  She was fired for reasons that go waaaaaaayyyyy beyond being liked/hated by the Fandom.  They don't want her back.

Oh, I know it would be a futile effort if she chose to do it, but I wouldn't put it past her to try. She certainly never took losing the love interest role gracefully.

• Love 2

I'd guess the only way she'd come back would be if ratings full-on TANKED. And I mean TANKED, in a way that could be more or less attributed specifically to her leaving.

Which ain't gonna happen. Last week's ratings were fine for a CW show, and I personally think tonight's will be better. I think 20's ratings were lower bc 19 was, IMO, a ginormous turd sandwich. My dogs were quite farty that night, and THAT was better than the episode. So it's no surprise the following episode had a ratings downturn.

(edited)

I'm expecting the upcoming cons to be a bit of a KC/LL love fest tbh, considering she'll be there, but I doubt she'd use it to try and get her job back. Haha, that would just be too desperate, IMO.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Now our debate over who moved out can be put to rest - even though it makes zero sense that Oliver would stand by and let a recently rehabilitated Felicity pack his stuff (which were actually boxes of things that looked like they would be hers), or that Felicity would still want to live there, but whatever, show!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8
(edited)

In last night's episode, it looked like Quentin was living in the loft with Donna.  Maybe they're both living with Felicity.

PB's responses to fans asking how it was working with EBR:

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I read people suggested that box with the menorah was the one with the holiday party decorations, so not part of the stuff of the person who was moving out. I was fine with both scenarios because they left it ambiguous so I can't complain..it was equally weird for Felicity to pack Oliver's stuff as it was for Oliver to hire movers for her (with her money since he has none, LOL).

Also that's what happens in real life, one of the two gets the house and they both learn to manage.

What I find nonsensical is that Oliver still has no job. Where does he even get the money to buy food?

• Love 1

What I find nonsensical is that Oliver still has no job. Where does he even get the money to buy food?

He does have money - they never really explained this in-show, but SA and MG have said that Oliver does still have a couple of million dollars lying around somewhere.

• Love 1

It's still weird she's the one being there considering it was Thea's loft originally - which Malcolm payed for. I'm choosing to believe they decided she got to keep the loft because at one point she'll need to b home and *someone* will visit her, and not just because they don't have a set for the Lance/Donna scenes. Shhh let me dream. :)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

He does have money - they never really explained this in-show, but SA and MG have said that Oliver does still have a couple of million dollars lying around somewhere.

Why did he need Felicity to pay for his campaign then? They also said jokingly that he was living off Felicity's money..I wished they were clear on the show because it only takes a line really..

2 minutes ago, looptab said:

It's still weird she's the one being there considering it was Thea's loft originally - which Malcolm payed for. I'm choosing to believe they decided she got to keep the loft because at one point she'll need to b home and *someone* will visit her, and not just because they don't have a set for the Lance/Donna scenes. Shhh let me dream. :)

The fact that it's technically MM's loft (Thea shouldn't have gotten any money since he is alive) is reason enough for me for any of the characters to move out, LOL

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Why did he need Felicity to pay for his campaign then? They also said jokingly that he was living off Felicity's money..I wished they were clear on the show because it only takes a line really..

I always thought she kick-started it, but then he he went down the normal route of investors. 

• Love 2
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

They mentioned the money last year, after the whole Roschev debacle.

Personally, I don't have any trouble believing that he has some money, just not a huge amount of it, simply because the thought that a family of billionaires got left without a cent to any of their names is too ridiculous for me to fathom. 

• Love 3
Just now, Genki said:

I always thought she kick-started it, but then he he went down the normal route of investors. 

I only remember that in 4x06 they had a scene with Oliver, Thea and Alex and Felicity was supposed to be there as well because she was the money of the operation.

6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

The fact that it's technically MM's loft (Thea shouldn't have gotten any money since he is alive) is reason enough for me for any of the characters to move out, LOL

Lol, yeah, let's not think too hard about that. :D

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I only remember that in 4x06 they had a scene with Oliver, Thea and Alex and Felicity was supposed to be there as well because she was the money of the operation.

Lol! My personal head cannon has always been, everyone knows Oliver does not care about money and has no real concept of spending wisely, so he would not be trusted with the finances regardless of Felicity being a major donor or just as his significant other.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Genki said:

Lol! My personal head cannon has always been, everyone knows Oliver does not care about money and has no real concept of spending wisely, so he would not be trusted with the finances regardless of Felicity being a major donor or just as his significant other.

My headcanon is whatever money Oliver has is 100% controlled by Walter Steele, who gives him a monthly stipend, and put very strict limits on his credit card.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Now our debate over who moved out can be put to rest - even though it makes zero sense that Oliver would stand by and let a recently rehabilitated Felicity pack his stuff (which were actually boxes of things that looked like they would be hers), or that Felicity would still want to live there, but whatever, show!

I can pretty much whatever the fact that realistically she wouldn't want to live there without him, bc human emotional reactions are usually ignored on this show. But it makes ZERO SENSE that she'd pack his stuff while he hung out upstairs and then LEFT while she was still packing, or that she'd pack her menorah, which is not something Jewish people just bygones, into his stuff. Just DUMB, and frankly makes Oliver look more like a thoughtless POS when I was just finally somewhat getting past that. He lies to her over and over, she finds out, pretty calmly dumps him, then he makes her pack his shit while he doesn't even help? Man, he's lucky she is SO MUCH NICER than I would be. I would have screamed at him for lying about the dumb kid, and then when he left ME to do HIS packing, I'd pack all his crap right into the river.

I don't  think she was packing but rather working out a system to put the boxes in the truck, as she said. :) It could very well be that he packed and went upstairs to do whatever (steal one of her t-shirts) while she did what she was doing.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

I don't  think she was packing but rather working out a system to put the boxes in the truck, as she said. :) It could very well be that he packed and went upstairs to do whatever (steal one of her t-shirts) while she did what she was doing.

Yeah, he could've packed it and left it there, and then she could've started going through it to determine how it should be loaded and labeled it just to give herself something to do. They need a new script supervisor to make sure this stuff is clear.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Yeah, I thought the things were packed but they were so nervous/heartbroken to be around each other that Oliver made a run for it and Felicity started rearranging his stuff. Maybe she is the type of person who finds tidying soothing, LOL

• Love 2

Either way, I blame Guggenheim for not making this clear and making Oliver seem like a douche. So I'm going to pretend that Oliver packed all his shit and Felicity was just organizing it in order to keep herself busy. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I need to rewatch the scene. Maybe Felicity was making sure Oliver didn't pack any of her stuff? Maybe Oliver was trying to steal the Menorah as a memento?

Edited by tarotx

Oh, so Felicity still lives in the loft. It's weird it looked so bare in last night's episode, like no one lived there. 

I heard that they took the lists down, maybe for corrections? There was one screenshot that said there were going to be a SA, EBR, and Brandon Routh group photo op, but no SA, EBR, DR. Which seemed... odd to me.

Rogue tweeted a link earlier but the site had crashed when I tried following it and now the tweet appears to have been deleted. Guessing someone got the screenshot before it was removed for whatever reason.

I get why they wouldn't have an OTA panel (they should) but how can they not have an OTA photo op? A lot of fans are travelling to the UK especially because it's the first time in ages that all of OTA are going to be at a con together. 

Are morons running this con?

Looks like most of the Arrow related combo photo ops are only 15 minutes, with the exception of WH/CH/KC, who get 45 minutes. I'm sure that's because that combo is very much in demand.