Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Just now, Thundercatmary said:

That is super tacky, though bribery of the Mexican police is very common, still it's not ok.

I get that, but if you're famous don't recite the story on Instagram. Especially when you're still in Mexico.

So then she took it down? I saw it posted both on her IG with the caption 'let's see how much hate this gets me', that on her boyfriend's with him wondering whether he had to block her fans or go private. 

Ehh.. IDK. I guess it's the how, rather than the what that bothers me.

(edited)

I'm desensitized to bribery what with having lived in Asia for a long time lol 

I don't really know what kind of statement WH wants to make (ETA: I just read the caption. Now I get it)... I mean she can do whatever she wants, I don't really care. But I do hate seeing that stuff on my timeline :p No thank you, I'd rather not see her ass. But yeah, at first I thought her sketchy/creepy as hell boyfriend posted a photo of an inebriated WH and was upset, but then she posted it on her instagram and now... Whatever. I hope I don't see it on my timeline again :p

Edited by wonderwall
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

I'm desensitized to bribery what with having lived in Asia for a long time lol 

I don't really know what kind of statement WH wants to make (ETA: I just read the caption. Now I get it)... I mean she can do whatever she wants, I don't really care. But I do hate seeing that stuff on my timeline :p No thank you, I'd rather not see her ass. But yeah, at first I thought her sketchy/creepy as hell boyfriend posted a photo of an inebriated WH and was upset, but then she posted it on her instagram and now... Whatever. I hope I don't see it on my timeline again :p

I've been side eyeing a lot of what she posts on Instagram for months now.  She seems more jaded and restless than I've seen before.  

Just now, looptab said:

You mean the lose/gain 1million followers thing?

First of all. OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR GIF. That was the best Luke/Jess moment ever :p

And no I read about how many nasty comments she's going to get for her picture as if she's trying to goad people into showing their inner slut-shaming selves... I don't know why it's necessary tbh

• Love 1

Thanks :D It was a hard decision, so many tv moments to choose from..but this works for me on so many levels!

Re: Willa, I see. I didn't even take that as her making a statement, I thought she was taunting just for the sake of it.

3 minutes ago, looptab said:

Thanks :D It was a hard decision, so many tv moments to choose from..but this works for me on so many levels!

Re: Willa, I see. I didn't even take that as her making a statement, I thought she was taunting just for the sake of it.

I think the statement she was trying to make was "I can do whatever I want, and if I want to post a photo of my ass then I can, and if you bitch about it then you're slut shaming and terrible"...

Like I said before, she can do whatever she wants, but what has me side-eying her aren't her photos but her captions...

• Love 1

Caity Lotz did something similar too I think? I remember seeing on her Instagram about how she and a friend went somewhere in..Mexico? To a waterfall and they weren't suppose to be there (and knew it) and got in trouble for it. She had a few photos about it and said that it was worth it. 

2 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I get that, but if you're famous don't recite the story on Instagram. Especially when you're still in Mexico.

Just because she's famous doesn't mean she's under obligation to be worried about what she posts because it might make someone uncomfortable or be politically incorrect.   Whether it's ass shots or urban trespassing.   It's not her job to be a role model or the voice of constant reason and stability.   She's a girl in her early twenties having fun on vacation, why on earth should she have to be worried about what random people are thinking about. 

2 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Caity Lotz did something similar too I think? I remember seeing on her Instagram about how she and a friend went somewhere in..Mexico? To a waterfall and they weren't suppose to be there (and knew it) and got in trouble for it. She had a few photos about it and said that it was worth it. 

I think that was somewhere in the US, during her road trip from Vancouver to LA after LoT wrapped shooting.

• Love 2

I rolled my eyes at the ass pics she posted to taunt the haters because if you don't care what they think like you said than why asking for their comments? It seems childish but whatever.

What bothers me is when tourists act like that. It isn't yours, there are rules for a reason so would it kill them to show some respect? This goes for everyone, famous or not. I'm even younger than her but I don't act like that on vacation, I was taught to be respectful. That isn't a "cool" behavior, that's just being an ass.

Also yeah, it's pretty stupid to mock the police on social media while you are still in the country, it could get you into trouble.

• Love 7
(edited)

That actress is either delusional or desperate for attention.  I almost feel bad for her, she apparently thinks her character is important to the show when even the producers admit the flashbacks were a total screwup

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
(edited)

They gave Felicity Smoak, a one off character,  a last name

Yeah, Felicity/EBR became a regular but it's not at all unusual for a character to have a full name. Especially a season long recurring character. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
9 hours ago, Delphi said:

Just because she's famous doesn't mean she's under obligation to be worried about what she posts because it might make someone uncomfortable or be politically incorrect.   Whether it's ass shots or urban trespassing.   It's not her job to be a role model or the voice of constant reason and stability.   She's a girl in her early twenties having fun on vacation, why on earth should she have to be worried about what random people are thinking about. 

I was more talking about Mexican authorities than random people on the internet. She posted a picture of her bf violating the law (and I'm guessing it's a bigger deal than trespassing) and then recited that he bribed the cops, which is another crime. That is stupid. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not that I'd expect them to get this right, but wouldn't her last name be Venediktova? 

Unless there's a plot twist and she turns out to be a dude.

But yeah, Russian surnames for women always get an "A" if the last letter is "V". If the show does go to Russia for flashbacks next season, they should at least get last names right.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

They gave Felicity Smoak, a one off character,  a last name

Yeah, Felicity/EBR became a regular but it's not at all unusual for a character to have a full name. Especially a season long recurring character. 

Not that this disproves your point, but Felicity get a last name because she was supposed to be a one off character. One of the EPs mentioned that her name was an Easter egg for comics readers. I think if they had known her character was going to be so popular they would have given her an original name and avoided needing to give royalties/credit to her creator. 

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Not that this disproves your point, but Felicity get a last name because she was supposed to be a one off character. One of the EPs mentioned that her name was an Easter egg for comics readers. I think if they had known her character was going to be so popular they would have given her an original name and avoided needing to give royalties/credit to her creator. 

Maybe, maybe not. The show continuously uses comic characters for one offs, recurring and series regulars. So there's really no telling/saying what they would have done. Especially since DC/WB wants them to use as many comic characters as possible.

ETA: the more i think about it the more i disagree with the premise that Felicity Smoak was only given a last name because she was a one off character. The only interview i can think of said that they changed her name from Karen Beecher (Bumblebee from Teen Titans) to Felicity Smoak because Bumblebee was too big of a name to use for a one off character just to give comic fans an Easter Egg.

Edited by Morrigan2575
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Maybe they gave her a last name because that name will return next season.

Wait is that actress coming back next season? Please tell me we don't have to watch her in the flashbacks all next season to. 

6 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Wait is that actress coming back next season? Please tell me we don't have to watch her in the flashbacks all next season to. 

No, it's highly doubtful she's coming back.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bijoux said:

I think that was somewhere in the US, during her road trip from Vancouver to LA after LoT wrapped shooting.

Yeah and she and her friend got fined for going down to the base of a waterfall.  They did say paying the fine was worth the experience but at least it wasn't a bribe to a cop. 

5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Unless there's a plot twist and she turns out to be a dude.

But yeah, Russian surnames for women always get an "A" if the last letter is "V". If the show does go to Russia for flashbacks next season, they should at least get last names right.

So wait, your saying men and women in the same family don't share the same last name in Russia? And they say English is hard to understand. 

The -ov suffix is possessive, meaning "the son of". "The daughter of" has the suffix -ova. So Vlad would have been Venediktov, and Poppy Venediktova.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bijoux said:

The -ov suffix is possessive, meaning "the son of". "The daughter of" has the suffix -ova. So Vlad would have been Venediktov, and Poppy Venediktova.

So would the family name just be Venedikt?

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Venedikt would be her father's name. 

What would her mother's name be assuming she was married to the father?  Also, when Vlad the son got married and had kids, would he stop being an OV and take on the same name as his dad?  Thanks in advance for replying.  You have to forgive me, this is all blowing my mind. 

(edited)
25 minutes ago, spartan said:

willa is the new female lead on arrow

I'm really curious... what is your definition of 'female lead'?... And do you honestly think that description fits Willa?

You make a lot of bold statements, but you rarely ever back up your claims. So I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance.

IMO The only lead on the show is Oliver. Everyone else is supporting. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What would her mother's name be assuming she was married to the father?  Also, when Vlad the son got married and had kids, would he stop being an OV and take on the same name as his dad?  Thanks in advance for replying.  You have to forgive me, this is all blowing my mind. 

I probably shouldn't have chimed in because I only actually recently learned about patronymic names after a trip I took to Iceland in February, and I remembered reading something about patronymic/matronymic names in Russia - that's why I asked if Poppy's last name should've ended in an -ova since she's female. But I *think* they use surnames differently than we do, and that the -ov/-ova is a different kind of identifier? So, I'm gonna shut up and let someone who knows what they're talking about answer you, haha. 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

There's a wiki page explaining the Slavic naming traditions. It's pretty complicated.

• Love 2
(edited)

To clarify what I meant when I said that Taiana's last name could return next season...

In a past episode, we saw Taiana ask Oliver to go to Russia and find her family if something happens to her.  So assuming something does indeed happen to her, Oliver would likely go to Russia in the flashbacks next season and would be looking for a family with that same last name (or I guess, some derivation of that last name).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Random thought...

It makes me LOL that MG once said in an interview that the death is going to be 'deserved' *insert eyes emoji here*

Also can I say I love that ER posted this on instagram?

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6