Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I was surprised to learn that this forum is deemed one of the major offenders in terms of bullying KC. Apparently the mods post against the 'bashing' is notorious. How is it bullying or harassment since we don't tag her, though, it's beyond me, haha.

Is it? Wow. Shading and disliking Laurel is not bullying KC. I really hope these people don't experience real bullying because what happens in this forum is not it. OMG. 

Tagging actors/harrassing them = cyber bullying

Complaining about and/or shading characters = complaining about and/or shading characters.

Edited by Guest

People here are equal opportunity shaders. Unfortunately KC gives people the most shade worthy material whilst SA comes second what with his Twitter antics.

EBR doesn't have a lot of shade worthy material to go off of because her social media is limited to her saying random things on Twitter and even her interviews are pretty squeaky clean.

DR / WH are rarely on social media so there really isn't anything to judge. The meanest thing I've seen DR do was shade KC. But that was such a long time ago lol

• Love 2

I was surprised to learn that this forum is deemed one of the major offenders in terms of bullying KC. Apparently the mods post against the 'bashing' is notorious. How is it bullying or harassment since we don't tag her, though, it's beyond me, haha.

I saw that screenshot of this forum on a conspiracy tumblr. Yeah, if we're considered bullies here, I can't imagine how anyone could have handled the Fametracker forums. Or ohnotheydidnt.

Is it? Wow. Shading and disliking Laurel is not bullying KC. I really hope these people don't experience real bullying because what happens in this forum is not it. OMG.

Tagging actors/harrassing them = cyber bullying

Complaining about and/or shading characters = complaining about and/or shading characters.

Right? I read that and was like what the actual..o.O

Besides it's true, we spare no one! It's not our fault that she gives us more occasions than the others!

• Love 1

I saw that screenshot of this forum on a conspiracy tumblr. Yeah, if we're considered bullies here, I can't imagine how anyone could have handled the Fametracker forums. Or ohnotheydidnt.

Ah, so it's multiple places! I saw someone mention us on twitter not long ago - some were saying some comments were mysoginistic, the other side answered 'the Arrow forum at Previously TV attacks KC constantly!', hahah.

Ah, so it's multiple places! I saw someone mention us on twitter not long ago - some were saying some comments were mysoginistic, the other side answered 'the Arrow forum at Previously TV attacks KC constantly!', hahah.

They might have just seen the screenshot of the mod warning that used to be up there and jumped to conclusions. Incidentally, I wonder when the screenshot was taken, because the warning has been gone for a while.

I don't see how commenting on Katie's lateness is hate. I actually like Katie, but I'd be a damn liar if I said she was on time for things. Some people just constantly run late, or "displaced in time" which is my nice way of saying that.

• Love 5

Labeling criticism or a difference of viewpoint or opinion as "hate" is the fastest way to shift  the focus from the object of the critique to the critic designed to make the reader question the critic vs the criticism.  It's ridiculous and shuts down any actual discussion. Sometimes I wonder if those who throw out the "hater" label know what actual hate is like. 

• Love 18

I don't see how commenting on Katie's lateness is hate. I actually like Katie, but I'd be a damn liar if I said she was on time for things. Some people just constantly run late, or "displaced in time" which is my nice way of saying that.

I think we're calling it KST - Katie Standard Time  (as apinknightmare put it :p)

• Love 1

I think we're calling it KST - Katie Standard Time (as apinknightmare put it :p)

It is a good phrase.

You know what's awful? I actually have a friend who is even less punctual than Katie. No matter what we're doing, lunch, concerts, road trips, she's easily five hours late to everything and brunch turns into dinner or trips get delayed. She's just so focused on her that other people's time doesn't really occur to her. She's a sweet girl, but a bit self involved. I've had to learn that 3pm means 9pm to her and plan my day accordingly.

It is a good phrase.

You know what's awful? I actually have a friend who is even less punctual than Katie. No matter what we're doing, lunch, concerts, road trips, she's easily five hours late to everything and brunch turns into dinner or trips get delayed. She's just so focused on her that other people's time doesn't really occur to her. She's a sweet girl, but a bit self involved. I've had to learn that 3pm means 9pm to her and plan my day accordingly.

People like that make me angry. They're basically saying that their time is more valuable than yours, and you don't matter in their grand scheme of things. Chronic severe tardiness is an attitude problem, not a planning problem. 

Given how KC was 3 hours late on the first day and 2 hours late on the second day of the con that I went to (not to mention all the other accounts from fans that went to other cons) I'm not surprised at all about the stories of her being late to set at work. Or any other event.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 14

I hate being to late to things that I'm always early and waiting in my car for some time to pass before I go in. Lol. It doesn't even matter what it is. If someone was consistently 3 hours late I probably would stop asking them to go anywhere with me. 

• Love 7

yours, and you don't matter in their grand scheme of things. Chronic tardiness is an attitude problem, not a planning problem.

Eh, I don't know about that.  I've been ready to go somewhere and then I find I have like 20 minutes to spare before I need to leave and I think Ikay I'll do this one last little task...and before I know it 10 minutes go by and I'm 15 minutes late to wherever I'm going. It's not thoughtlessness or attitude..it's just lack of awareness of time as much as anything.

• Love 2

Eh, I don't know about that.  I've been ready to go somewhere and then I find I have like 20 minutes to spare before I need to leave and I think Ikay I'll do this one last little task...and before I know it 10 minutes go by and I'm 15 minutes late to wherever I'm going. It's not thoughtlessness or attitude..it's just lack of awareness of time as much as anything.

That's true for occasional tardiness, but chronic lateness is an attitude issue. 

That said, I don't really care how late KC is as long as she isn't keeping me waiting, haha. 

• Love 3

I'm fine with people being 10-15 minutes late. It's the consistently being hours and hours late while making everyone wait is what bothers me. If I had to deal with someone like that, I'd eventually be like we're going to dinner at 7pm if you show up at 9pm we most likely finished and moved onto something else. 

• Love 5

Having dealt with a chronically late sister for many many years, unpunctuality makes me RAGE!  If you're one of these people that's always late, I won't be riding anywhere with you, and I won't be meeting you anywhere, either.  With KC's history of being late to cons, this weekend's wrap party, and other various events (I'm sure), I'd be willing to bet money that she was exactly like that on set as well.  Oh, I would be so pissed if my co-worker was constantly putting us behind schedule because she was off doing her eyelashes, or taking selfies, or whatever.  Yeah, I'd totally party like it's 1999 after said co-worker had been fired.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

If she was chronically late to work, that's not something like missing brunch or a movie, it's holding up production, costing a lot of money, AND making everyone else work later, maybe a lot later, bc of her. If I had to stay late at work all the time bc one coworker was always late, I would RAGE.

I'm not really hating on her for that, though, bc while I can totally believe it, we don't actually know that she was late to or held up filming. We know she's late to cons, though, which is crappy, bc people are LITERALLY waiting on her.

• Love 2

Was she late to the party though? Of course she is late to cons which is ridiculous but there haven't been reports of her being late "work" functions.

A con is a work commitment, haha.

I think everyone was late to the party - we were talking about her turning up at the end of brunch yesterday, when it seemed like everything was winding down. 

• Love 2

Of course it is a work commitment since she's getting paid. But her main jobs that aren't cons she seems to be on time for.

We don't know if she was late for lunch since we don't know what those details are for them.

But I doubt she was late for work on a constant basis so won't even worry about that.

Edited by Primal Slayer

She was because the girl that met them didn't see her. She arrived after she left. But I don't know if that means anything to be honest, while being late at cons is for me a sign of lack of professionalism since she get paid to be there. By the way also most of the cast reported to be hangover at some cons is unprofessional to me too so I guess she isn't the only one to not take cons as a real work commitment at times. At least not for my standards.

Whatever she was three hours late to this weekend is what I'm talking about.  I thought it was the wrap party...but maybe it was the brunch?  I'm not following all of the tweets and various stuff that closely, so I'm not sure which it was.  Brunch I guess?  I would have been long gone before KC ever showed up is all I really know.  

Of course it is a work commitment since she's getting paid. But her main jobs that aren't cons she seems to be on time for.

We don't know if she was late for lunch since we don't know what those details are for them.

Well, you wrote that there wasn't any evidence of her being late for work, when there is evidence. Cons are work. She's consistently late to them.

I don't know or care what time she was supposed to show up for lunch. This entire conversation stemmed from a joke that I made (a good, harmless joke) about her tardiness, based off of speculation that the whole brunch was a PR setup - which got me accused of hating her, which I don't. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

She was because the girl that met them didn't see her. She arrived after she left. But I don't know if that means anything to be honest, while being late at cons is for me a sign of lack of professionalism since she get paid to be there. By the way also most of the cast reported to be hangover at some cons is unprofessional to me too so I guess she isn't the only one to not take cons as a real work commitment at times. At least not for my standards.

You know, I'm with you on the hungover-at-cons thing. But seeing them all out and about and, like, not half-dead after that seemingly epic party makes me think their hangovers are different from my hangovers. When I'm hung over, which is really rare nowadays, I just lay in bed and bemoan my own stupidity whilst swearing never to imbibe again. I'd be absolutely awful company. But they all seemed pretty chipper and even looked mostly pretty good the next day, so maybe they just handle their booze better than I.

• Love 1

But I doubt she was late for work on a constant basis so won't even worry about that.

It was the Vancouver paparazzi that said KC was late to set often enough that they included it as a reason they think she got fired. I don't usually trust pap accounts except that in this case, their info is consistent with my observations of her behavior at a con.
  • Love 1

You know, I'm with you on the hungover-at-cons thing. But seeing them all out and about and, like, not half-dead after that seemingly epic party makes me think their hangovers are different from my hangovers. When I'm hung over, which is really rare nowadays, I just lay in bed and bemoan my own stupidity whilst swearing never to imbibe again. I'd be absolutely awful company. But they all seemed pretty chipper and even looked mostly pretty good the next day, so maybe they just handle their booze better than I.

I don't think it's great behavior in general but I commented on it because at one particular con I was negatively impressed because I could see that they had an hangover from hell and someone who went to another con before told me that he wasn't shocked because they gave him the impression of being hangover at another con he was there with his girlfriend. So even if they handle the booze better than you and I if fans notice it's pretty bad IMO. I don't know..I wouldn't want to let people down and get drunk another weekend instead.

I don't think it's great behavior in general but I commented on it because at one particular con I was negatively impressed because I could see that they had an hangover from hell and someone who went to another con before told me that he wasn't shocked because they gave him the impression of being hangover at another con he was there with his girlfriend. So even if they handle the booze better than you and I if fans notice it's pretty bad IMO. I don't know..I wouldn't want to let people down and get drunk another weekend instead.

Oh yeah, I meant that I agree with you that it's crappy. There are plenty of nights to get hammered, and that seems like a poor choice of nights to me. I'm just saying, if I get hammered, I am WAAAAAAAAY less functional the next day and could not represent anything well, no matter how much I was being paid. I mean, the brunch pics were CUTE. I would not look, AT ALL, cute after drinking probably half of what it seems most of them drank.

Being hungover seems to be a regular thing. I know that SA, DR, MB and EBR went out drinking the night before the Walker Stalker con. SA was an hour late because he overslept. MB and DR were about 10 minutes late and EBR was there on time looking completely fresh. That's how you know how much younger she is than the rest of them or she didn't drink that much. 

They should have fun while they are different cities for Cons but they shouldn't get completely wasted knowing they have to be somewhere early the next morning. 

• Love 8

MB and DR were about 10 minutes late and EBR was there on time looking completely fresh. That's how you know how much younger she is than the rest of them or she didn't drink that much.

Unicorns don't get hangovers, maybe.

• Love 4

I think we can assume most of the cast arrived late to the wrap party based on #Poppy's SnapChat, but there is no way of knowing if she was late to Brunch. It could very well be they were planning Brunch and she was only intending to stop by for an hour later. Maybe it wasn't even set up as a Goodbye Brunch to her and they just took advantage of the time.

Edited by Chaser

I suppose it really depends on the con. Like if it's SDCC and it's network mandate then yeah that's one thing. If it's some other con like the one's Amell organizes and they are active and engaged with the fans despite being hungover...meh..I dunno I figure congoers sort of know what they are getting.

• Love 1

Well, you wrote that there wasn't any evidence of her being late for work, when there is evidence. Cons are work. She's consistently late to them.

I don't know or care what time she was supposed to show up for lunch. This entire conversation stemmed from a joke that I made (a good, harmless joke) about her tardiness, based off of speculation that the whole brunch was a PR setup - which got me accused of hating her, which I don't.

That's why i put "work" to differentiate between the two.

But KC was the only one late x.x. And this was all set up for her benefit.

SA came at a later time then EBR.but like i said, we don't know if they set up a specific time and if anyone said they would be there at a specific time.

It was the Vancouver paparazzi that said KC was late to set often enough that they included it as a reason they think she got fired. I don't usually trust pap accounts except that in this case, their info is consistent with my observations of her behavior at a con.

For me, i wait for a more reliable source.

I don't think that we'll ever get any of the cast or crew to talk about KCs work ethic... So we look at other sources such as past precedent (literally ever single con), paparazzi who are rarely ever wrong/misleading, and other sources... 

• Love 5

It seems to me if the actors are actively engaged in the event, interacting with fans, being personable, answering questions how would anyone even know they were hungover or still inebriated from the night before barring pics or snapchat videos? And even if there are said pics that doesn't automatically mean they are still hungover or drunk if they are 20 minutes behind schedule. 

Being 3 hours late to a signing..that's a different thing. 

It seems to me if the actors are actively engaged in the event, interacting with fans, being personable, answering questions how would anyone even know they were hungover or still inebriated from the night before barring pics or snapchat videos? And even if there are said pics that doesn't automatically mean they are still hungover or drunk if they are 20 minutes behind schedule. 

Being 3 hours late to a signing..that's a different thing.

As I said before at one con, the one in Atlanta if I don't remember wrong, they were visibly hangover and Willa and KC looked still drunk. There are videos from the panel and one interview KC did that is a drunk ramble. I commented on it and I guy I know told me that he wasn't surprised because at another con he went to with his girlfriend they got the clear impression they were hangover. So my comments come from the fact that people noticed.

• Love 5