Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Neal refuses to do love scenes/kisses in order to respect his marriage but at least he is upfront about it. If they don't take pictures together so as not to fan the flames just say so.

Didn't he get fired from Desperate Housewives because he refused a kissing scene that was he was told would happen before he took that gig? 

At some point he won't be action man material...I mean that won't happen until he's 100 but my point is that must really limit the gigs. I mean one on screen kiss does not a cheater make. I do think it's funny that he'll play a murdering murderer but an on screen is verboten.   I dunno. I mean I get not wanting to do naked simulated sex but even a kiss?  If the spouse/partner of an actor has issues with it...maybe they oughn't be married to an actor?

• Love 4

To be fair, neither Willa nor David were there either...

Neither Willa or David made a declaration on twitter this week saying how much they missed Emily. Hashtag #Kamily

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Neither Willa or David made a declaration on twitter this week saying how much they missed Emily.

Devil's advocate, maybe KC just flew into Vancouver and missed the party because she was seen in NYC the day before? Idk

• Love 1

SA/EBR don't owe the fans any explanation of why they do or do not post pictures. Any more than EBR/KC or SA/KC owe the fans any explanation about whether they are or are not friends offscreen.  The only thing the fans are owed is for the actors to do their job onscreen. The rest is not the fans' business.

• Love 8

Devil's advocate, maybe KC just flew into Vancouver and missed the party because she was seen in NYC the day before? Idk

Or simple damage control. Its obvious was told to stop flaming hate against her ex costars. She doesnt want to piss of the network or Berlanti anymore than she already did.

• Love 1

Or simple damage control. Its obvious was told to stop flaming hate against her ex costars. She doesnt want to piss of the network or Berlanti anymore than she already did.

IDK I have a hard time believing a couple of liked tweets would piss off the network/Berlanti enough for her to do damage control *shrugs*

• Love 1

SA/EBR don't owe the fans any explanation of why they do or do not post pictures. Any more than EBR/KC or SA/KC owe the fans any explanation about whether they are or are not friends offscreen.  The only thing the fans are owed is for the actors to do their job onscreen. The rest is not the fans' business.

What's wrong with hoping for a pic or two from a party where people had their camera phones going all night? No one here is demanding anything of anyone, just expressing disappointment that nothing was posted. 

• Love 13

IDK I have a hard time believing a couple of liked tweets would piss off the network/Berlanti enough for her to do damage control *shrugs*

When you set up a PR friendship that is mostly based on social media, it factors in. Especially if it was set up to make your image better and to squash rumours of unprofessionalism and not getting along with the cast.

Wait, you think she was at the party for damage control? IdK, I think Colton went at the wrap party last year, didn't he

No i dont think so. Also she wasnt at the wrap up party last year. But comes for the goodbye party.

• Love 1

Yeah, that probably works for a lot of people, but maybe Stephen is trying to be considerate of his wife's feelings.  He might not think it's a big deal but Cassandra is active on social media so I doubt she's blind to it.  I'm not saying she would believe it either way but I know it probably would start to annoy a lot of women if they constantly saw it thrown in their faces everywhere they looked.  Maybe she cares and maybe she doesn't but there's always the possibility that's a motivator for Stephen.

But he's not going to be able to stop it. That's my point. It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. It doesn't matter if he proclaims his love for his wife from the heavens or refuses to be in the same room with her. Absolutely no matter what any of them do or don't do, people are going to talk. If you're going to be in the public sphere in particular, having anything other than titanium skin is pretty much asking for misery.

• Love 2

Nothing is wrong with hoping for a picture. I was responding to the poster who said that SA and EBR should just tell the fans they don't want to post pictures because they don't want to fan the flames. And I don't think they owe that type of explanation to the fans.

• Love 6

Onto other things, if I'm reading this right, this was taken at EBR's place last night. Pretty funny. And cute. I assume the three of them were interrupted during a candle lit dinner. Or they were meditating to dredge up repressed memories.

https://twitter.com/olicitypt/status/721778216881491968

ETA: From Kirkland Douglas' Instagram:

CgRKRclXIAA7qv9.jpg

kirklanddouglasThat's 4 girl. Congrats @emilybett keep slayin' #arrow #thatsawrap

shoutout to the rest of the cast and crew, congrats to all of you and thanks for having me come celebrate with you!

It was a fun night but I really should delete snapchat when I drink.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

At least they were in the vicinity. KC was in NYC and takes at least 6 hours to travel between the two.

Unless they do document every single time they see each other, not like it's been that long since she's probably seen some of the cast.

Wait, you think she was at the party for damage control? IdK, I think Colton went at the wrap party last year, didn't he?

Was there a PR problem with Colton? I don't remember any thing like that being rumored.

PR doesn't have to be network mandated. Maybe Emily and KC are besties and maybe they are friends of convenience to help each other with their careers. This might be things they themselves are choosing to do for themselves.

I don't necessarily believe SA and Jared Padalecki are BFFs just because SA hung out at Jared and Jensen's homes in Austin last summer. SA's wife is from Texas and it turned out that Jared was in SA's wine country video. Jared wants to start a wine company and he already has ownership in a bar in Austin. They had a common interest and they probably do like each other in some way but I think all this stuff is PR on some level.

Was there a PR problem with Colton? I don't remember any thing like that being rumored.

Not that I know of, I was just asking because I wasn't quite sure I understood what Velocity meant, if she thought KC wasn't even supposed to be at the party.

Getting annoyed with having a phone in your face doesn't really equal telling someone to stop posting "every time" they are together

It doesnt. But KC posted about it everytime. So she wants it to be on social media. And that is ok. But posting things doesnt equal being besties.

YES! FELICITY AND FRIENDS IS ON. 

Whenever I see this now, I laugh,

because we know that Felicity's mom, dad, and ex-boyfriend are going to show up in episodes 22 and/or 23.

As wise fandom veterans have pointed out, if a concept keeps getting brought up, positively or not, it might get willed into existence. 

• Love 1

Has everyone except for EBR and CR already wrapped for the season? (Does this belong in the Spoiler thread, I am unsure)

I don't know about DR, but SA said the other day he had 5 days left, so I think he must be working a day or two this week.

I don't know about DR, but SA said the other day he had 5 days left, so I think he must be working a day or two this week.

I think DR said he already wrapped this season in that photo he posted on instagram? Hmm

I think DR said he already wrapped this season in that photo he posted on instagram? Hmm

It's tough to say. He posted a pic where he mentioned wrapping for the day, and then he posted one from the wrap party. I don't know if he's actually wrapped.

TYPE WRAP AGAIN

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3