Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Besides being extremely gross, I don't get the shade at "accusing" CH and EBR of being gay. Why is that such an insult? There have been tons of photoshoots that bend gender roles, etc., with both gay and straight folk. It makes more sense to me now if he is pissed because EBR "rejected" him in some way. What a creepy ass.

Random fact I find very cool...even a few years back publicly stating that someone else is gay would, in most states, be the basis of a defamation lawsuit. Not anymore. It's no longer considered defamatory, because in the law it's no longer considered bad. 

Occasionally good things do happen.

• Love 3

His social media proclamations aside, I don' really get the impression that they're not comfortable around each other. Certainly not on screen, and they pose on set together, plus SA teased the "you're coming with me" line in a Facebook video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not uncomfortable when they are around each other, just uncomfortable in being seen hanging around too often. We can’t even get interviews between just the two of them or photoshoots or joint Facebook video things.I wish SA was more blasé about it like EBR and CH are about how their relationship is perceived but alas, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Actors should just ignore it, laugh it off or have fun with it.  David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson had to put up with a lot of real life shipping back in the day and again now that they're doing press for the X-Files revival.  They never dated and married other people, but lots of fans wanted them together in real life because of their incredible on-screen chemistry.

And per past interviews, for a long time they had a strained, weird relationship because of all the focus on them.  Not saying they didn’t get along, just that it was weird.  I remember GA saying when DD ran off and secretly got married that she got one of the calls about it from DD afterwards that he made letting close friends and family know (so they didn’t hear about it first on the TV) and she being surprised he even considered her that kind of friend.

SA_Arrow%20S4_zpswc1z0gqd.png

I swear That suit is getting uglier and more unflattering every time I see it.

• Love 7

Not uncomfortable when they are around each other, just uncomfortable in being seen hanging around too often. We can’t even get interviews between just the two of them or photoshoots or joint Facebook video things.I wish SA was more blasé about it like EBR and CH are about how their relationship is perceived but alas, that doesn’t seem to be the case.

And per past interviews, for a long time they had a strained, weird relationship because of all the focus on them.  Not saying they didn’t get along, just that it was weird.  I remember GA saying when DD ran off and secretly got married that she got one of the calls about it from DD afterwards that he made letting close friends and family know (so they didn’t hear about it first on the TV) and she being surprised he even considered her that kind of friend.

He just looks so tiny, I mean in a non-threatening or imposing way here. His face also looks haunting because the hood and mask make him look hollow. IMO this is not a good photo at all. Wonder if the log cabin has anything to do with hiding out BM & kid or something. Oh well I guess this possibly horribly (BM & kid) story line has to come to resolution some how. Not saying this picture has anything do with them but if it does hopefully its a safe house for them on their way to exiting the show.

• Love 2

I had the exact same thought when I saw that picture. SA's got great arms, and those weird shoulder pads and straps just don't flatter them AT ALL. And who'd'a thought that was possible. They looked better totally covered with the other costume, I think. I hate this one because of what it does to The Arms.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 2

I think after blowing that tweet with Emily and Colton way way way out of proportion (well maybe NOT way,way, way out of proportion but he did give more attention and importance to that tweet than was probably required), Stephen tried to make his own I'm over it joke by adding a version of it to his FanArt Friday collection. However, he got it but he still doesn't get it because he still felt the need to add additional comments. Just let it go and go with the flow, SMH oh poor Stephen!!!

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.978713415547259.1073741843.146921975393078/982593261825941/?type=3&theater

Edited by Ann Mack

Eh personally I think it's fans that need to just let things go. That tweet wasn't a big deal until some fans on Twitter decided to make it one.

Those pics with Emily and Colton are cute, but that pink suit is horrible no matter which one of them is wearing it.

• Love 5

Eh personally I think it's fans that need to just let things go. That tweet wasn't a big deal until some fans on Twitter decided to make it one.

Those pics with Emily and Colton are cute, but that pink suit is horrible no matter which one of them is wearing it.

Fans are going to be fans and are going to post what they like and want. However, he has the option to NOT bring things he doesn't like to the forefront therefore creating and giving it more attention than it may have received if he hadn't. Or at least that's my opinion.

I don't think that tweet would have gotten nearly as much attention if Stephen hadn't commented on it, again my opinion!

BTW I think Stephen is still the one generating comments about that tweet or the photo shoot by including it on his FanArt Friday. He can post what he wants and likes to his Facebook but did he really have to go there after the initial stir this had made from that tweet?

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 3

Or maybe he just wanted to be able to share the meme and photoshoot on his Facebook page without people reading stuff into it.

I thought it was funny. SA has the best 'reaction faces' to stuff. People are pretty clever with some of the memes and gif sets that use them.

• Love 4

I wouldn't think anything of it but it happens ALL THE TIME and ALWAYS when EBR is having a good day/week publicity wise. I honestly didn't think anything of it till just now because it IS like clockwork. She didn't even congratulate EBR for her photoshoot/oscar nom for Brooklyn but had time to post a selfie with her? *sigh*

Or maybe he just wanted to be able to share the meme and photoshoot on his Facebook page without people reading stuff into it.

I thought it was funny. SA has the best 'reaction faces' to stuff. People are pretty clever with some of the memes and gif sets that use them.

This fandom has made me WAY to cynical :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

The funny thing is that he posts memes exactly like that one all the time without additional commentary. I mean, he's posted one with someone "proposing" to Emily at a con photo shoot with an IRL pic of him reacting which seems way more "scandalous" than this one. I wonder what it is about that photoshoot that got his hackles up, haha.

• Love 4

Damn I had to double check my TV. I actually saw the current Arrow promotion on the Ovation channel. Shocked as hell because I've never seen too much promotion for the show even on the CW channel so seeing it on a channel like Ovation really did shock the hell out of me lol!

Anytime EBR gets attention from the meida, KC comes along with a post tagging Emily with a pic of herself, of course.

I laughed how she started following tyler shields but never acknowledging pics of the Arrow cast member he did the pics with.

• Love 5

Anytime EBR gets attention from the meida, KC comes along with a post tagging Emily with a pic of herself, of course.

I laughed how she started following tyler shields but never acknowledging pics of the Arrow cast member he did the pics with.

I see your reasons thanks!

The funny thing is that he posts memes exactly like that one all the time without additional commentary. I mean, he's posted one with someone "proposing" to Emily at a con photo shoot with an IRL pic of him reacting which seems way more "scandalous" than this one. I wonder what it is about that photoshoot that got his hackles up, haha.

Isn't it obvious? He is in love with Colton.

• Love 13

What do you mean?

Super coincidentally, totally not at all intentionally, whenever EBR has something big happen in her career, like, say, having Vanity Fair pics published (whoever they were taken for, they were published on VF's site), or having a film in which EBR played a supporting part be nominated for an Oscar, KC publishes a pic either of the two of them, or of just herself, tagging EBR but not in any way whatsoever, not even an allusion, mentioning EBR's accomplishment.

It's just the weirdest coincidence.

• Love 4

Oh lord KC is predictable. Like clockwork. Every single time.

I keep trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she keeps doing stuff like this that makes the whole "publicity friends with EBR" theory more and more plausible.
  • Love 5

I know, I remember liking the one with the proposal! It was cute.

I feel like now he might be more aware/sensitive towards some of the really trashy stuff and how sometimes his comments, memes he posts, etc get used and spread around social media to further that line of thinking. Also, it's probably just hangover from all that Twitter silliness from the other day.

Isn't it obvious? He is in love with Colton.

The one with SA's face photoshopped in over EBR's is absolutely one my fave things to ever come out of Stephen's Fanart Friday posts.

• Love 1

I'm seeing some people on Twitter say the same thing about Katie. That she's posting pictures even old ones with Emily just because Emily is currently getting ALL this recognition this week. They are stating she does it whenever Emily gets publicity or have good news.

I'm going to have to pay more attention now lol!

It's surprising more people don't realize what KC is doing. She's so predictable.

I'm trying to figure out if she's kind of dumb, she thinks other people are kind of dumb, she's so self-centered that it doesn't occur to her (akin to dumb), she's actually not doing it on purpose, or what? It happens every single time, and she never acknowledges EBR's accomplishment except for the times enough people have pointed out her failure to acknowledge the accomplishment. Like hey brainiac, throw in a "Congrats!" and you're totally covered. This ain't brain surgery.

• Love 2

I'm trying to figure out if she's kind of dumb, she thinks other people are kind of dumb, she's so self-centered that it doesn't occur to her (akin to dumb), she's actually not doing it on purpose, or what? It happens every single time, and she never acknowledges EBR's accomplishment except for the times enough people have pointed out her failure to acknowledge the accomplishment. Like hey brainiac, throw in a "Congrats!" and you're totally covered. This ain't brain surgery.

Exactly. It's not like she's helping her case either. lol we're not the ones reading into anything. It's the same thing over and over again. That Tumblr post was right IMO.

Look I'm sure the girl is nice, but she comes from a Hollywood family. I'm sure they've taught her to play the game and so has her team. But even if you are a fan of hers you can't deny the fact that she can be a jealous/envious girl. We've all been there. The sooner she admits it (which will be never) the sooner she can actually let all this go.

This is a female celebrity who posts photos of her magazines. It's probably getting to her to see her supposed friend in magazines that she reads that she most likely wants to be in first. It just doesn't work that way.

The fans and their popularity made this shoot happen. If you don't have that then you can't blame anyone for it.

Edited by EmilyBettFan

I dunno. If I'm a manager of a CW actor, and one of their co-stars is in a movie that got nominated to an Oscar, my advice to my client is RIDE THOSE COATTAILS STAT.

I also triple dog dare all of you to have this conversation without mentioning other fans.

• Love 8

Oh i would be all over that. But captioned it "So proud of this girl. Taking over the world the world one step at a time." I would really sell it. Even if i wouldnt like the person. Like mentioned above squeeze in that congratz and point out your co-star or "friend" is in a Oscar nominated movie.

• Love 9

Yes. but Colton still looks better in it, especially in the b&w picture. Maybe because it's miles too big for Emily. Edited by statsgirl

Oh i would be all over that. But captioned it "So proud of this girl. Taking over the world the world one step at a time." I would really sell it. Even if i wouldnt like the person. Like mentioned above squeeze in that congratz and point out your co-star or "friend" is in a Oscar nominated movie.

See, that's the smart version of this shite. That's partly why it's so damn weird. KC's biggest movie accomplishment so far is playing the sorority sister who gets killed third-to-last in that one horror movie with that guy with that knife. EBR was in a movie that's nominated for like 50 Academy Awards. So do this crap right, woman. Talk up working with her, how much you have in common, and throw in a frigging congratulations, FFS.

No mention of her fans at all. KC is plenty to talk about on her own. I find her overall to be totally incomprehensible. I almost want to meet her to figure out what her deal is. Like she gloms on, but so very poorly. She talks up arcs that haven't existed for years, or arcs that absolutely do not exist, and she has no idea what is going on in her own show outside of her character's arcs (which she typically misconstrues). I think maybe she's just a really concentrated version of typical Hollywood actors...incredibly self-centered, pretty dumb, really vapid.

• Love 1

So what if she didn't congratulate her. She posted an old photo of them and tagged it #titpic. What more could you want from a BFF?

I dunno. If I'm a manager of a CW actor, and one of their co-stars is in a movie that got nominated to an Oscar, my advice to my client is RIDE THOSE COATTAILS STAT.

I also triple dog dare all of you to have this conversation without mentioning other fans.

And if you consider her social media part of her resume, its a smart move. Execution is a little weak, but it's sound business.

• Love 1

Yes. but Colton still looks better in it, especially in the b&w picture. Maybe because it's miles too big for Emily.

Reading the Vanity Fair article I think the clothes were meant to fit CH which meant that it would be too big for EBR. I kind of hate that. I wish that they found a way to make the clothes fit both better. Unfortunately that tidbit made it seem that CH was the priority... Oh well. This is a good start for EBR :)

So what if she didn't congratulate her. She posted an old photo of them and tagged it #titpic. What more could you want from a BFF?

The more a normal person could want from a normal BFF is a congratulations on GINORMOUS career events such as being featured in a photographic spread on the Vanity Fair website and being in an Oscar-nominated film. Pretty sure that's, you know, normal.

• Love 2

I got the impression that Colton was the focus (the article/the individual black and white). I wondered if they had fit EBR into a pre-planned shoot or if Tyler decided that was just the direction he wanted to go. Colton and him have been friends for years and Colton seems to be more open about his sexuality so I can see Tyler taking that as inspiration.

I'm cool with it either way. Still a great opportunity for EBR.

The more a normal person could want from a normal BFF is a congratulations on GINORMOUS career events such as being featured in a photographic spread on the Vanity Fair website and being in an Oscar-nominated film. Pretty sure that's, you know, normal.

I agree. I was being sarcastic. :-)

• Love 2

Reading the Vanity Fair article I think the clothes were meant to fit CH which meant that it would be too big for EBR. I kind of hate that. I wish that they found a way to make the clothes fit both better. Unfortunately that tidbit made it seem that CH was the priority.

It's also easier to fit them to the larger person. And for all that Colton is not so tall and slim, he's still smaller than Emily.

As Jimmy Durante said “Be awful nice to ‘em goin’ up, because you’re gonna meet ‘em all comin’ down.” Edited by statsgirl

Katie Cassidy doesn't seem to have mastered the social part of social media, in the sense that on Twitter and Facebook it is supposed to be about relationships. You go back and forth with people, make odd connections, retweet and share, push and pull. She only pushes. I was forced to take a social media class--and promptly ignored everything, choosing to spend my online time bitching about a superhero in green leather--but a big part of that is being part of the community. And one of the things these people teach is that you promote other's work along with your own. Most people do that naturally because you are happy when your friend has a new thing coming out or won an award. You see EBR do that a bit (and Grant Gustin do it a lot, which makes me love him) but Katie Cassidy tweets mini press releases instead of engaging. I'm sure she has a PR firm or agency, and I can't believe they haven't sat her down and said "maybe talk about something other than yourself." I have a negligible public profile and had to go through it.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 16

It's also easier to fit them to the larger person. And for all that Colton is not so tall and slim, he's still smaller than Emily.As Jimmy Durante said “Be awful nice to ‘em goin’ up, because you’re gonna meet ‘em all comin’ down.”

I wish they bought two sets of the same outfits and sized it properly to fit both :/ I mean Tyler Shields photographed a woman destroying a Birkin bag so I don't think money would've been an issue.

• Love 1

You see EBR do that a bit (and Grant Gustin do it a lot, which makes me love him) but Katie Cassidy tweets mini press releases instead of engaging.

I have a lot of issues with Barry, related to knowingly endangering at least the galaxy maybe to save his mom, but by all indications GG is a genuinely good guy (and an excellent actor, my issues with Barry, and Iris and Joe, are all writing-based).

• Love 2

I have a lot of issues with Barry, related to knowingly endangering at least the galaxy maybe to save his mom, but by all indications GG is a genuinely good guy (and an excellent actor, my issues with Barry, and Iris and Joe, are all writing-based).

I don't particularly like Flash, but Grant Gustin makes me wish I could. He seems delightful.

• Love 2

I think whoever gave the 411 on social media to KC and her team did it from a fashion blogger stance, and that's how it's managed. Lots and lots of scheduled in advance SUPER TREATED images of perfect makeup/vacation/luxury stuff, and a little spontaneous stuff about her second gig, that tv show on the pretty face network.

• Love 7