Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Has Cassidy gone to any of her scheduled con appearances since February? I'm not trying to make this into something, I'm just curious. 

Per her facebook, Caity was trying to see if she could fit it in to her schedule, so it does look like she's filming something. 

• Love 3

I'm going to Wizard World Philly in May and I'm really hoping KC cancels that appearance, too.  Because watching her on a panel with Stephen is just not something I want to see.

Then maybe they could replace her with Caity Lotz. 

Would SA and KC be on a joint panel anyway?

I'm pretty sure they are.

Should be interesting watching their reactions every time an Olicity question comes up.

I just wish SA would persuade EBR to do a joint panel. It would be epic. In the real sense of the word as opposed to the MG sense. And DR could come too.

• Love 2

I really hope its not a joint panel. I don't think KC and SA vibe well in interviews (not to say they aren't friends or anything like that) and then there is the awkward factor of them having two different takes on the same show.

I really hope its not a joint panel. I don't think KC and SA vibe well in interviews (not to say they aren't friends or anything like that) and then there is the awkward factor of them having two different takes on the same show.

I know they're offering joint pictures, which is what leads me to believe they will have a joint panel.  Fortunately, I got a solo photo ticket with Stephen. Because HARD PASS.  Nothing against, KC, but I would not pay for a photo with her. 

Sullivan won my heart when he said "this is the thesis statement".  His favourite scene to write was Lance rejecting the Arrow; hers was Felicity and Ray flirting and Oliver walks in.  That explains so much.

• Love 1

Sullivan won my heart when he said "this is the thesis statement".  His favourite scene to write was Lance rejecting the Arrow; hers was Felicity and Ray flirting and Oliver walks in.  That explains so much.

I believe Ms. Schwartz was answering the question about which scene was the easiest to write, of which her response was the R/F flirty scene not which scene was her favorite? Or am I recalling all that incorrectly?

• Love 2

If I heard it right, the question she asked was "What was the easiest scene to write?", and Schwartz answered that. Maybe the interviewer later asked what was the favorite one, and that's what he answered to, but I don't seem to recall it being actually in the video.

ETA: What wonderwall said :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

Panels depend on how much time and room they have. Most of the time they do joint panels with castmembers when they don't have enough time to give everyone their own panel. At Walker Stalker Con last year, SA, EBR, DR and MB were all on the same panel. However the last con that Stephen went to and Caity replaced Katie they had separate panels. 

You're right, it was the easiest.  (Strange question because why would you ask what's the easiest rather than the one you felt was the best one you did.)

Still, interesting answers.  Hers was a romcom and his was opera.

Before she even answered the question I knew the answer because flirty scenes are generally easier to write than hot and heavy ones. They require less thought, imo, and they're generally more fun to write. I can see why it would've been the easiest scene to write in the episode. 

Panels depend on how much time and room they have. Most of the time they do joint panels with castmembers when they don't have enough time to give everyone their own panel. At Walker Stalker Con last year, SA, EBR, DR and MB were all on the same panel. However the last con that Stephen went to and Caity replaced Katie they had separate panels.

I'd just be disappointed since I don't care about Laurel at all therefore I don't care about whatever insight KC has to offer about the show and Laurel's part in it, so it would be irritating to have to sit through that. Is there a way to know beforehand? I mean, I'll still go, I just want to know what I'm getting into.

• Love 1

I think that depends on the writers.  I find emotional scenes easier to write because I can get more into the character's feelings and thought. With more superficial scenes, it's easier to flounder and accidentally go arch.

• Love 2

Usually a week or two before the Con they put out a schedule of the panels and times they are. 

I enjoyed the panel that Stephen and Caity did I think in Dallas. The crowd was probably thrilled when Caity called EBR. I understand not wanting to see a panel with Katie and Stephen. Cassidy is horrible at interviews. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I'd just be disappointed since I don't care about Laurel at all therefore I don't care about whatever insight KC has to offer about the show and Laurel's part in it, so it would be irritating to have to sit through that. Is there a way to know beforehand? I mean, I'll still go, I just want to know what I'm getting into.

Unfortunately I feel like if Stephen is going, then KC will go as well. Only because she won't have the excuse of 'filming' because if SA can manage to go, then so should KC. Also because ya know, I find it hard to believe that KC would let down an opportunity to uphold her female lead status. And attending a con with the male lead sort of upholds that? I guess? I'm not wording it right, that's for sure

• Love 1

Oooh! Hadn't heard about this one. Off to YouTube!

KC has canceled a Con with SA before so I don't think that would stop her. When do they wrap filming for the season?

Ohh I didn't know that!

Anyone want to make this interesting and bet whether or not KC will attend or cancel this event? :p

Edited by wonderwall

When do they wrap filming for the season?

Middle of April I think. That weekend is right before the finale airs, so if she cancels it won't be due to filming.

Edited by Starfish35

Since she's canceled every other con this year, I'm going to go with cancel :)

So one for cancel.

I actually think she's gonna go because she has no excuse to pull. :p

So whoever wins the bet wins all the glory in all the lands, I presume?

• Love 2

Depends on storyline IMO.

When KC is happy she does show promotion, that timing maybe be all about CL's return to the universe, and comparing Laurel's flailing with Sara badassery. So I going with cancelling.

• Love 3

This is so unrelated but I remember Cassandra from America's Next Top Model and honestly she seemed like such a...let's say character. So that show hopefully does a great job of distorting people cause I really can't imagine Stephen with the same girl that I watched.

This is so unrelated but I remember Cassandra from America's Next Top Model and honestly she seemed like such a...let's say character. So that show hopefully does a great job of distorting people cause I really can't imagine Stephen with the same girl that I watched.

RIGHT?! Lmao wasn't she the one who cried and quit the show because she didn't want to cut her hair? 

RIGHT?! Lmao wasn't she the one who cried and quit the show because she didn't want to cut her hair? 

No, she cried because she didn't want to cut her hair, and then cried and quit the show because she did. It actually looked pretty good on her, lmao.

• Love 1

I decided I needed a change and told my hair stylist to do whatever she wanted. She cut it from my lower back to mid neck. It looked really good. I still cried. It was traumatic. LOL

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

I decided I needed a change and told my hair stylist to do whatever she wanted. She cut it from my lower back to mid neck. It looked really good. I still cried. It was traumatic. LOL

Lmao really? I didn't know people could be so attached to hair like this! How interesting! I remember I used to have long hair too (mid back) but then one day I cut it to shoulder length. I think I cried because of how much easier it was to maintain :p 

Lmao really? I didn't know people could be so attached to hair like this! How interesting! I remember I used to have long hair too (mid back) but then one day I cut it to shoulder length. I think I cried because of how much easier it was to maintain :p 

It surprised me too! I'm not a crier damn it! LOL

Hair is such an important part of who you are, especially for women.  For many who have gone through cancer treatment (i.e. everyone I've talked to), it's often not the surgery or the initial chemo and sickness that really gets to them, it's when they go bald from the chemo.  It's like your identity is being taken away from you, your whole sense of who you are.  (Outside people saying "buck up, it'll grow back" doesn't help.)

• Love 2

Apparently you can freeze your scalp during chemo treatments; it's painful but you keep your hair. This discussion is helping me understand why that could be important.

And I barely watched ANTM but I remember her! Too funny.

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  17h 17 hours ago

And as always, THANK YOU ALL for the being the #BestFandomEver AND for getting us to 89K followers!!! #WeLoveOurFans!!

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  3h 3 hours ago

Fandom, we've got a challenge for you - get us to 90K followers by the end of the day and we'll give you a #PublicEnemy dialogue tease!

ArrowWritersRoom @ARROWwriters  ·  2h 2 hours ago

100 followers in less than an hour? You guys are the best! #KeepItGoing #BestFandomEver

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters

Edited by tv echo

Apparently you can freeze your scalp during chemo treatments; it's painful but you keep your hair. This discussion is helping me understand why that could be important.

And I barely watched ANTM but I remember her! Too funny.

I actually have never watched ANTM, lol, and I even heard about the incident.