Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

If it was an Op, I'd be whatever. But it was backstage and he was quite possibly hammered. If it was my husband I would not be happy. Even if it was completely innocent on his part, it was used as proof for someone's implications. I'd be pissed my husband didn't use better judgement.

I'm honestly doubting those implications right now. First she said SA took her home, then CD and PM did and then this morning she said she walked home by herself. Sounds like someone had fun and got a lot carried away.

• Love 3

The cheek photo is the only one that made me "hmmm" with an eyebrow raise. But other than that it just seemed like typical photos. I saw one with DR (perhaps even CD) carrying her too, so maybe its her thing.

Honestly, whatever happened has probably been blown out of proportion. And even if its not, its their lives - their choices. It is what it is. As for his wife, well its her life, her choice as well. If I was married to him, I would be more upset that he spends so much time away at these cons and doesn't take me - than getting upset over a few photos of him lifting and kissing a female on the cheek. However, nobody really ever knows what the inside of someone's marriage looks like, so I'm gonna withhold any more opinions because it's not my place and this certainly is not solid evidence of anything.

But thank you SA, twitter and most likely alchohol for creating an interesting mystery and meltdown for a few hours.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Honesty Twitter was hilarious. I wasn't seeing meltdowns just tons of shade and snark directed at him. Lol

Yes, that's what I meant by meltdown, I'm just running low on vocabulary at this point in my long day/night. Plus I liked the play on words by using 2 "m" words. Was pretty good, especially when they started sending out messages about not tagging. There were a few pretty fabulous Snarktastic tweets.

IMO, there are two options:

1) They did hook up, and now she's backtracking like crazy because hello! idiot;

2) Nothing happened, she maybe was just excited to meet him and spend time with him. And when she had the opportunity to wrap herself around him, she took it, to which I say, good for her.

We are all idiots, honestly. Spending tons of money to go to cons, to have a 3 seconds handshake. Let's go work these cons!

• Love 6
(edited)

I'm not surprised people reacted to this though. Sorry but the tweets and photos combined held certain implications. It seems like nothing happened, having heard more about it, but I don't blame people for side-eying the whole thing. She's deleted a couple of tweets now but it originally came across as very messy.

Lesson learned: think before you tweet! Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

We were complaining that the con had seemed boring..:D

23 minutes ago, kismet said:

sending out messages about not tagging. 

uh? who, what, when? LOL

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I love that she's like, "He just offered to walk me two blocks home!" Like...that doesn't make it seem that much better, lady. Lol. 

You know, that's how I interpreted it from the start, and I was like "Ok, NBD". But it does not sound great, ahah.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, looptab said:

You know, that's how I interpreted it from the start, and I was like "Ok, NBD". But it does not sound great, ahah.

Walking someone home has implications in my neck of the woods, so...yeah. Not helping her case at all IMO. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yup. If a guy offers to take you home generally...or he is a good friend. But if he isn't I don't immediately think it's an innocent offer (even if it can be, there's always hope, LOL).

Yeah, of course. But at first I just thought he was just being decent - without thinking of the implications. What can I say, I still have hope :D

• Love 3
Just now, looptab said:

Yeah, of course. But at first I just thought he was just being decent - without thinking of the implications. What can I say, I still have hope :D

You are a good person! I'm always suspicious of stuff like that, LOL

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

You are a good person! I'm always suspicious of stuff like that, LOL

You know, in real life, on things that concern me personally - or at least people I know - I am, as well. Like, a friend would tell me she's going out for coffee with a guy just as friends, and I'm like "No way. Maybe you are, he is not". But in this instance I just thought that he maybe had a car and they didn't, and had offered to drive them home so as to not let them walk alone at night.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm a freaking Pollyanna, it's what I am, haha.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I didn't once consider that it would've been innocent, which probably says a lot about me, haha

Nothing bad, though :) I went back and forth on it, haha.

25 minutes ago, looptab said:

You're not wrong to still have hope because her story is all over the place. It went from he took her home. To some other people took her home. To she walked home alone. Regarding SA offering to take her home, apparently that changed to she asked him to take her home because he was being nice the entire evening... 

• Love 2

Regardless of Stephen's intentions, which I guess we might never know, I don't see how this girl was unaware of how her series of tweets and pics ending with "he's going to take us home" would read. Either she just wanted to hint at that, to make it seem like more than it was (presumably just to her own friends/followers, if she didn't intend for this to spread like it did), or because that's exactly what it felt like, or...honestly, I don't know what other option there is. She's incredibly naive for someone over the age of 18, I guess is the kindest reading?

• Love 14
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

It will be one busy weekend for KC.

She is listed for Salt Lake Comic Con for Thursday and Friday. And at Fan Expo Canada for Saturday & Sunday.

http://saltlakecomiccon.com/portfolio-item/katie-cassidy/

http://fanexpocanada.com/tickets/

Does anyone want to place any bets on whether she'll cancel like she did w/ the con in Brussels claiming that she was 'filming a movie' when she just went to Hawaii for a week?

99.9% sure the movie she mentioned a couple times was the Wolves one filmed awhile back. 

Staying up in VanCity, the Con PR. IMO, she is angling for her role back in any compacity. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

99.9% sure the movie she mentioned a couple times was the Wolves one filmed awhile back. 

Staying up in VanCity, the Con PR. IMO, she is angling for her role back in any compacity. 

I keep waiting for people to ask her "what movie" because I'm 99% sure that's exactly what she's talking about. 

As for double booking cons? She's got to make a living somehow and she doesn't have anything lined up. I doubt VO work for a video game pays all that much.  There are quite a few actors who make a decent living just doing cons.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As for double booking cons? She's got to make a living somehow and she doesn't have anything lined up. I doubt VO work for a video game pays all that much.  There are quite a few actors who make a decent living just doing cons.  

How long can actors do cons (after they've been 'released' from the show)  before it's kind of pathetic though? I feel like doing a con after a year of being jobless shows desperation, however before that 1 year mark, it doesn't seem that desperate... IDK

I really don't get the kerfuffle over this. 

Maybe he was joking. Maybe he said "Are you going to get home okay?" And she said "Oh only if you walk me home" and he said "Hahaha sure " but sarcastically. But then said, "Okay let's make sure you get home okay' meaning he would provide her and her friend a car ride home, not necessarily with him in the car.

2 hours ago, kismet said:

The cheek photo is the only one that made me "hmmm" with an eyebrow raise. But other than that it just seemed like typical photos. I saw one with DR (perhaps even CD) carrying her too, so maybe its her thing.

Honestly, whatever happened has probably been blown out of proportion. And even if its not, its their lives - their choices. It is what it is. As for his wife, well its her life, her choice as well. If I was married to him, I would be more upset that he spends so much time away at these cons and doesn't take me - than getting upset over a few photos of him lifting and kissing a female on the cheek. However, nobody really ever knows what the inside of someone's marriage looks like, so I'm gonna withhold any more opinions because it's not my place and this certainly is not solid evidence of anything.

But thank you SA, twitter and most likely alchohol for creating an interesting mystery and meltdown for a few hours.

Maybe his wife doesn't want to go to cons. Maybe she goes go but hangs out at the hotel with their daughter.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

You're not wrong to still have hope because her story is all over the place. It went from he took her home. To some other people took her home. To she walked home alone. Regarding SA offering to take her home, apparently that changed to she asked him to take her home because he was being nice the entire evening... 

Well, I meant hope in human kind, lol. Actually - paradossally? - all this backtracking on what she said makes me think the assumptions were right, haha.

Edited by looptab
11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

How long can actors do cons (after they've been 'released' from the show)  before it's kind of pathetic though? I feel like doing a con after a year of being jobless shows desperation, however before that 1 year mark, it doesn't seem that desperate... IDK

Star Trek cons are still going strong. I suspect SPN cons will go on for a couple of years after the show ends but maybe less of them. I don't think it's desperation. If the fans want to see the guests why not do it?

• Love 4

I think after the character that actor plays dies or leaves it stops making sense for them to at least do panels at cons. They said everything that could be said and they obviously don't have anything to add. About the rest if fans are willing to pay for autographs and photo ops I don't see the problem in taking advantage of that. If people don't want to spend money on them they can.

Also maybe she wasn't picked for any project or for the role she wanted. It happens.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, looptab said:

Same here. I just figured that we don't know what the area is like, so maybe Stephen was being simply kind realizing this area was a bit shady, maybe it was also super super late, maybe he realized they had more to drink than recommended, so he offered to walk them home

Personally I would have found such an invite from a man (women too, but mainly men) insulting, as in "just because i'm a woman doesn't mean I can't walk myself home" I've walked home more than once while drunk.. let's just say the one guy who tried anything (dude tried to steal my purse) realized that drunk ForeverEvolving is really not someone you want to mess with.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Well Colin was fired more than three years ago and he is still doing cons LOL.

LOL Sorry I didn't articulate myself well.. What does it seem desperate for a person who does cons constantly when they don't have any other job lined up... Although, for me, I find Colin still doing cons a bit strange, but he brings a lot of life to the cons he attends so I guess I'm more lenient w/ him..

18 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

In genre shows? Forever! ?

Stargate, Star Trek, B5, Buffy/Angel actors all still do Cons.  Hell, Richard Hatch (Apollo, orignal Battlestar Galactica) used to be a mainstay at Dragon Con.  Genre fans are very loyal

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, foreverevolving said:

Same here. I just figured that we don't know what the area is like, so maybe Stephen was being simply kind realizing this area was a bit shady, maybe it was also super super late, maybe he realized they had more to drink than recommended, so he offered to walk them home

Personally I would have found such an invite from a man (women too, but mainly men) insulting, as in "just because i'm a woman doesn't mean I can't walk myself home" I've walked home more than once while drunk.. let's just say the one guy who tried anything (dude tried to steal my purse) realized that drunk ForeverEvolving is really not someone you want to mess with.

I think the main issue with the story was that (IMO) she  crafted it to sound a certain way (as if she and her friend were being singled out in his attentions), but wasn't expecting fandom to pick up on it, and once it did she had to backtrack. Because her initial tweets accompanied by the photos did tell a completely different story than the one that apparently happened. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

I imagine cons are a good way to supplement income between gigs or to give yourself extra income. I get for  her and anyone else doing cons. It's probably really smart.  But she has known since Jan that she was out and so far all she has booked is a video game role. She is coming off the lead female role in a successful series and that's all she's gotten. It just wouldn't surprise me if she wanted back in. 

(edited)

Actors can do Cons as long as the Cons want to pay them to be there. It's good money for a 2-3 days of work. Lou Ferrigno still seems to show up a most Cons. KC can ride the Arrow Con circuit for as long as she wants too. I hope she's looking for other work and not expecting to be brought back like CL was. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I imagine cons are a good way to supplement income between gigs or to give yourself extra income. I get for  her and anyone else doing cons. It's probably really smart.  But she has known since Jan that she was out and so far all she has booked is a video game role. She is coming off the lead female role in a successful series and that's all she's gotten. It just wouldn't surprise me if she wanted back in. 

I know that has to be a rhetorical statement/question, right?

5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

But, what could her reasoning be? I'm just going to stay here so they take pity on me and bring me back? Or just hoping that they might backtrack on the decision, and do it if she's free?

Honestly, I'd think they would have told her if there was a chance she might get back. So, they either did tell her something like that - meaning a la Colin, though - and she's hoping it becomes more, i.e. they change their minds, or they did tell her she'll come back. I'm thinking Legends, given all this renewed friendship with Caity. Though I don't know how that'd work in terms of contracts, etc.

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Because she tagged him.

Oh, I thought she didn't on those tweets, just in the photos.

• Love 1

I don't think reasoning is her strong suit personally. 

Something want down in S2 to keep her on the show, maybe she thinks she will get lucky again. 

I'm guessing she tagged him and people went looking thru her timeline. 

3 hours ago, looptab said:

We are all idiots, honestly. Spending tons of money to go to cons, to have a 3 seconds handshake. Let's go work these cons!

I've worked a few Wizard World cons back in the day and had a lot of fun. I had to wear an unattractive orange t-shirt, but got some one on one with Allison Mack and comic guys George Perez and a few others when I was working their autograph lines. Who wants to join me in San Jose? /not serious /maybe serious /unsure

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't think reasoning is her strong suit personally. 

Something want down in S2 to keep her on the show, maybe she thinks she will get lucky again. 

*snorts* yeah, me neither. But what do you think, if she really is trying to work her way back in, chances of success?

2 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I've worked a few Wizard World cons back in the day and had a lot of fun. I had to wear an unattractive orange t-shirt, but got some one on one with Allison Mack and comic guys George Perez and a few others when I was working their autograph lines. Who wants to join me in San Jose? /not serious /maybe serious /unsure

It definitely sounds like fun to me. Exhausting, but fun. I am hoping they start doing some Arrow con here. I'd definitely give it a try. I was thinking of next year's CoH, but I think Brexit fucked that up for me - and not just that -.-

1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I meant in the photos..then people got obviously curious from there..

Oh, okay, got it. Sorry, long day :D

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

In genre shows? Forever! ?

Stargate, Star Trek, B5, Buffy/Angel actors all still do Cons.  Hell, Richard Hatch (Apollo, orignal Battlestar Galactica) used to be a mainstay at Dragon Con.  Genre fans are very loyal

I'm actually not familiar with genre shows/fandom stuff! Arrow is my first genre show where I"m this intimate with fandom so it's news to me! 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Probably because Barrowman and Colton are both gay. And because this wasn't a paid op, and he's married. That's the only reason it pinged for me. 

Seriously. Of COURSE people wouldn't think anything of a gay dude posing like that with a girl!

I'm kind of meh about it. I've thought he needs to cut back on the partying for awhile, so this just goes in that box for me. Other than that, it's bw him and his wife.