Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Wow, so this is the Team Arrow package, I guess? Although Jason Momoa is in there, LOL! Who's the woman to the right of Willa? And who's the woman on left of Danielle? There's also a guy behind Robbie who I can't identify. 

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Aww!  I love how EBR and CH are holding hands in the front row! Sweet!

I wonder if the person buying the picture has to come through the back curtain so that everybody can stayed posed except for SA and JB.  Seems like an efficient way to insert people rotating into such a large group.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I wonder if the person buying the picture has to come through the back curtain so that everybody can stayed posed except for SA and JB.  Seems like an efficient way to insert people rotating into such a large group.

Probably. I'm guessing they only had to do it like, two or three times though, haha.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Wow, so this is the Team Arrow package, I guess? Although Jason Momoa is in there, LOL! Who's the woman to the right of Willa? And who's the woman on left of Danielle? There's also a guy behind Robbie who I can't identify. 

Amy Gumenick on Willa's right, Carole Barrowman to the left of Danielle.

20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I get now why that was so expensive. It's actually EVERYONE.

I wonder if she got a discount for the lack of Katie?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

grant?  that seems wrong like why would he even be included he's not on Arrow?

Sounds like she was told. It's not you or the two guys shown at the grave. We're not telling you about anyone else.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think Emily would have given the same answer whoever was the character being killed off. What I don't like is saying she and KC were pushing to create a LL/FS friendship on screen because that's not their job and those two characters didn't have that type of relationship. They should play their characters according to the story, not to what they decide it should happen maybe based on off screen relationships or personal headcanons that aren't in line with what the writers are doing.

They didn't have that type of relationship because they werent allowed to have that type of relationship. They were growing closer towards the end of S3 and then it was entirely dropped once S4 came around. Even according to story, Laurel and Felicity had no qualms about one another, they supported each other and were getting to know one another. The writers have allowed certain actors to influence their characters plenty. It is a shame that the writers never expanded on their friendship, especially in the end if they are going to have them all "love" her and her look at them as family.

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Regarding BC, I think that's the only thing she could say about the choice. Not to say she doesn't actually believe that, but I do think her response was limited.

Crossing fingers. Saying a prayer.  

Nah, she could've easily have said "it was sad to lose her and wished that they didnt have to kill off anyone". Her saying it was a mistake, imo, looks pretty strongly that she didn't agree with it.

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But it has to make sense in the story. Like I don't know, try to work more on Laurel/Thea for example. But especially knowing that Laurel was putting the moves on Oliver the moment Felicity and Oliver broke up what kind of friendship is there between Felicity and Laurel?

Also speak up, fine, but adding stuff in the scenes because their headcanon is that they are friends is something else and I don't think it's their job, unless the idea is shared by the writers.

Putting the moves on Oliver? She never put the moves on him and was fully supporting him and Felicity. 

(edited)
28 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Putting the moves on Oliver? She never put the moves on him and was fully supporting him and Felicity. 

Of course. I always give my platonic guy friends tender looks and cheek caresses when they talk to me about their ex-girlfriends who I'm also supposed to be friends with.

Edited by lemotomato
"caress" sounds more tender than "rub"
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They didn't have that type of relationship because they werent allowed to have that type of relationship. They were growing closer towards the end of S3 and then it was entirely dropped once S4 came around. Even according to story, Laurel and Felicity had no qualms about one another, they supported each other and were getting to know one another. The writers have allowed certain actors to influence their characters plenty. It is a shame that the writers never expanded on their friendship, especially in the end if they are going to have them all "love" her and her look at them as family.

I disagree since Laurel was in love and trying to put the moves on her ex fiancée from the day after Felicity broke up with him.

If a relationship is playing out on screen I have no issues about the actors adding to that and making it more real, like with Laurel/Thea for example Willa and KC could have added something more to that, what I don't find right is to use a personal headcanon the writers aren't writing towards because you think it's a cool idea.

SA for example said he was playing Oliver falling in love with Felicity in S2 because they told him since the beginning of the season that Oliver was going to end up confessing his love to her so it makes sense, while to make an example it wouldn't make sense for Thea and Lyla to start acting like BFFs tomorrow because the actresses off screen said "hey, wouldn't it be cool if our characters were BFFs?". The narrative has to support the character choices for me.

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Of course. I always give my platonic guy friends tender looks and cheek rubs when they talk to me about their ex-girlfriends who I'm also supposed to be friends with.

I also tell them they are the love of my life and that "anything can happen." 

• Love 6
Just now, lemotomato said:

Of course. I always give my platonic guy friends tender looks and cheek rubs when they talk to me about their ex-girlfriends who I'm also supposed to be friends with.

I am glad that you are able to be an individual with your own personality.

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

And you tell your dude friends they're the loves of your life, right? Platonically?

• Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I also tell them they are the love of my life and that "anything can happen." 

Did Laurel say anything can happen between her and Oliver anytime this season? And did she not follow up that she knew that she wasn't Olivers love of his life? Or am I forgetting something? 

And you tell your dude friends they're the loves of your life, right? Platonically?

Did you used to date any of your dude friends for a long period of time? 

Edited by Primal Slayer
(edited)

I think there are some things that are appropriate and some that aren't. 

Laurel caressing Oliver's cheek like that at the time was okay for me because they're meant to be friends and I can see why some would think that as platonic. That's why it was easier for me to shrug it off at the time.

Buf after her reveal that Oliver is STILL the love of Laurel's life? I don't think it was appropriate at all. Especially if said guy is the guy your supposed friend broke up with a week before. 

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Did you used to date any of your dude friends for a long period of time? 

That's what makes it more inappropriate lol

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Did Laurel say anything can happen between her and Oliver anytime this season? And did she not follow up that she knew that she wasn't Olivers love of his life? Or am I forgetting something? 

After she told him "I know I'm not the love of your life but you will always be the love of mine." Oliver asked her why she was telling him that, why now and she answered that it was because anything can happen. Now if she knew she was about to die I'd understand wanting to confess that for w/e reason, but since the narrative says Laurel was supposed to recover just fine it looked a lot like fishing to see what his answer was going to be.

We are probably never going to agree on this, regardless the point of my original post was that I don't find right for the actors to decide to create a relationship because they find it cool when the narrative doesn't support that idea, I don't think that should be their prerogative. JMO.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

And talking about the "way things used to be for us". Platonically. Of course.

• Love 3

If she was trying to get back with Oliver it wouldve been inappropriate and if you choose to think that then good for you. I think and saw nothing of her trying to rekindle their romance. She knew that ship sailed and she accepted it.  

16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Maybe not putting the moves on him but touching his face and saying she'll 'be there' for him after he just split with the woman he wanted to marry was icky, especially after her deathbed confession of still being in love with him. That confession tainted everything, IMO, because it made it look like she was waiting for Felicity to get out of the picture. And she also didn't know she was dying at that point, so it was like she was open to possibilities of getting back together with him. 

Without the 'love of my life' stuff I think her actions could have been viewed as friendly but that changed it.

As long as you don't start going around carrying a pic of youself in your pocket.

5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

And talking about the "way things used to be for us". Platonically. Of course.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

tumblr_inline_o5exldEnks1tnj84r_500.gif

Look at her trying to be a homewrecker and move in on her "friends" man. Such a horrible person.

Homewrecker? Oliver and Felicity were split. But don't tell me you would tell your supposed BFFs' ex fiancée he is the love of your life. Come on now. 

• Love 4
(edited)

IDK why this matters anymore. Laurel's dead, gone, buried. She & her feelings for Oliver are never going to be relevant ever again. So really, there's no point in arguing. Whether you think Laurel put the moves on Oliver or whether you think Laurel was a good person and didn't do that is all a moot point now. 

Also this conversation should be continued in the Laurel thread. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, looptab said:

As long as you don't start going around carrying a pic of youself in your pocket.

I don't even OWN any pictures like that. I have one of just me, but it's me at a table at this awesome diner in Rachel, Nevada, which is all about aliens (it's the only "town" near Area 52). It's not a glamour shot closeup, it's me at a table surrounded alien memorabilia on an awesome road trip with my then-BFF.

When Laurel said "anything could happen" I thought it was in reference to dying and getting things off your chest. Even though KC's facial expression made me raise my eyebrows. 

Now I really just don't know why you would tell your cheating, lying ex that they were the love of your life. Makes no sense. Why would that weigh heavy on your mind? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I don't even OWN any pictures like that. I have one of just me, but it's me at a table at this awesome diner in Rachel, Nevada, which is all about aliens (it's the only "town" near Area 52). It's not a glamour shot closeup, it's me at a table surrounded alien memorabilia on an awesome road trip with my then-BFF.

I don't either, not recent ones, at least. It was 2007. Printed photos were already outdated, FFS!

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Homewrecker? Oliver and Felicity were split. But don't tell me you would tell your supposed BFFs' ex fiancée he is the love of your life. Come on now. 

If that was all she said without acknowledging that she knows he doesn't love her and that she wants her to get back with BFF then it would've come off far worse. 

Now I really just don't know why you would tell your cheating, lying ex that they were the love of your life. Makes no sense. Why would that weigh heavy on your mind?

Yeah, that I can totally agree with. 

Edited by Primal Slayer

KC posted she was on her way and would be there tomorrow. I bet she arrives in Birmingham tonight in time for the cast dinner. I didn't think there was a chance she would miss tomorrow. She has an op with SA. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If that was all she said without acknowledging that she knows he doesn't love her and that she wants her to get back with BFF then it would've come off far worse. 

The point is not if Laurel looked good or bad, is if given the narrative we can believe LL and FS were best friends because what EBR said is she and KC were playing them as BFFs because they are off screen and they thought LL/FS were too. That's my only "problem" if you can call it that, that I don't agree with the actors pushing something when the narrative doesn't support it.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1

In the end, Laurel never tried to step on Felicitys toes with Oliver, she cheered them on till the end. It isn't as extreme as Laurel/Sara loving each other and being bff as sisters despite Sara continually sleeping with Oliver despite her sisters feelings for him. I never saw LL/FS as bffs with friendship bracelets but the relationship was growing by the end of S3 and both actresses wanted to continue to build that which I fully supported. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Wow that was a speedy recovery ROFL.

What's speedy about 10hrs? If she goes back to working out on the regular that would be suspicious. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Ummm ... How will she survive the whole day at a con with a torn bicep.

I've had a torn bicep before, and she should be okay as long as she keeps it in a sling and doesn't, like, try to put her arm around anyone or do anything over her head. 

• Love 2