Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

At this rate, I'm half expecting the official cw arrow account to post a gif of Olicity from 3.20. I only have a non-fannish Twitter account--although I did announce my love of Arrow to 300 librarians at last year's ALA meeting so I'm not fooling anyone--but if the official arrow account gets on board with this craziness I will retweet them as a reward for finally seeing the light.

• Love 8

There is a poll on Zimbio right now for best couple...might they be trying influence the Olicity vote?

Doubt it. The writers didn't give a damn about the MTV award which is a bigger poll... So I doubt they'll care about Zimbio. Plus they didn't mention Zimbio at all

• Love 1

I don't think they're going to split them up for good... But I'm just worried haha

If it were Keto, I'd be more likely to think that. I don't believe Ben has ever been against O/F, and Mericle loves them, and she faved his tweet.

I honestly think they just might be really excited for the shakeup, and Ben maybe just wrote/watched filming of a great O/F moment.

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, I don't get it. I'm side-eyeing everything right now. It all feels too good to be true. I'm not used to this! LOL. Feels like waiting for the other shoe to drop. Let's hope it doesn't and everyone is just happy. For reasons.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
(edited)

But to be so blatant and open freaks me out. Who are these people all of a sudden???

But things have changed. They could never be explicitly pro-Olicity before, but now there's this HUGE GINORMOUS change...

there is no Laurel to worry about anymore

. If they just started doing this out of the blue I might be worried, but it's really not out of the blue. 

It's funny, I've been so down about this show for months, plus basically all of last season, but now I'm thrilled. I mean I hate that he didn't apologize and that the breakup scene was pretty meh, but most importantly to me, the lie is out; Felicity dumped Oliver's sorry ass; and she's out of the wc. Now I get to watch Oliver suffer for a couple episodes and then, I am fairly sure, I get to watch him man his sorry ass up and CHANGE and fight for her. I'm totally psyched. Plus I think wonderwall may be right...this could really improve the stunt scenes, bc

one less very uncoordinated actor to worry about

. Allllll good things to me.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 11
(edited)

edit: Check out SmallScreenDiva's post.

I don't know, I feel like this has gone beyond simply wanting fans to talk about the show. What's happening?

Edited by NoWayOut
(edited)

I'm not sure what is happening but.. I know that for me, when I am silenced for a long time about something (especially something i dislike) and then all of the sudden I can talk about it shit just pours out like the dam has been cracked and the flood has arrived!

I have to wonder if this is the case, if perhaps they were quiet until now cause she was in a sense a co-worker and they were being nice, or maybe there was some contractual clause stopping them from talking about this to avoid ship wars, but now that one half of the other ship is more than likely dead and so does their ship... they don't have to keep quiet.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jake Coburn's tweets sound like he's making fun of Olicity. At least Ben S. tempered his Olicity tweet with "I like Olicity right now, but I like L/O too"

But I suppose it doesn't matter what Jake Coburn thinks because he doesn't write for the show anymore, which is a good thing, after looking at the episodes he was responsible for.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know, I agree with @wonderwall. There's having fun and then there's a complete lack of professionalism and some of those tweets were the latter tbh. I'm uncomfortable and I can't stand Laurel or Lauriver so that says a lot.

Also, I still feel like we're being mocked in some way, IMO.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I don't know, I agree with @wonderwall. There's having fun and then there's a complete lack of professionalism and some of those tweets were the latter tbh. I'm uncomfortable and I can't stand Laurel or Lauriver so that says a lot.

If we are being mocked they will have ten of thousands of super! pissed off Olicity fans... What is the count now on his pool? :-)

Jake Coburn's tweets sound like he's making fun of Olicity. At least Ben S. tempered his Olicity tweet with "I like Olicity right now, but I like L/O too"

But I suppose it doesn't matter what Jake Coburn thinks because he doesn't write for the show anymore, which is a good thing, after looking at the episodes he was responsible for.

Streets of Fire, The Climb, and Broken Arrow were some of my most favorite episodes of the show. But yeah the rest sucked. But still, I think it's just so unprofessional and rude even for an ex-arrow writer. He's still in the business and should know better. 

Seriously, were they all drinking tonight or something? 

And to be fair, it hasn't really been explicitly spoiled who the person in the grave is, so it's not like they can celebrate yet if that's what they want to do. 

I'll just leave this here:

giphy.gif

Honestly, though. If I were constantly bombarded with accusations of fan pandering when I was just trying to do my job and put out a good story, I'd eventually snap too.

• Love 9

Yeah, I can't figure out which side of the fandom is being mocked.

Both, IMO. All of us! LOL. But I do agree that it's probably in reponse to receiving hate the last few days and being sick of it.

• Love 6

Both, IMO. All of us! LOL. But I do agree that it's probably in reponse to receiving hate the last few days and being sick of it.

Yeah, they are probably pushing back a little at the non-stop "Mother trucking,Olicity loving, pretty bird hating, sons a beaches" things they've been hearing.

• Love 2

Yeah, they are probably pushing back a little at the non-stop "Mother trucking,Olicity loving, pretty bird hating, sons a beaches" things they've been hearing.

I'm going to borrow that and use it as a profile description, if that's OK with you.

Probably it is. Anyway this stuff makes me super suspicious!
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm getting a kick out of it all... but on a more serious note... I'm also thinking...

5cfabaeabac9c7240e39c7526e9dfc19.jpg

ETA - was at work & not able to check all threads in timely manner, didn't know we were talking about the social media stuff in the media & the spoilers. Didn't mean to rain on anyone's gif parade. Was completely unintentional :)

Edited by kismet
(edited)

I honestly didn't get a mocking vibe from Jake Coburn, the former writer.  He isn't saying anything that lots of other viewers don't say (he could be a fan, why not?)  and he's not doing the show so he CAN say it and it's no big deal.  If he's mocking, he's being waaaaay too subtle and deadpan. 

But the current writers don't normally post like this. 

Now I know they've been hacked. Or did someone send them disgusting hate mail? Because I have never seen any writer in the history of writers do this

Exactly. 

Which episode are they writing anyways? 22 or 23?

Per a really detailed article on how to run a show, they said at any time there are at least six scripts episodes being worked on.

At any given moment during the course of a season, there are six stories that have to be minded: 1)the story in development on the board in the writers room, 2)the story in outline, 3) the story being scripted, 4) the story being prepared for production, 5) the story in production, 6) and the story being completed in editing and post production

So per that timeline, we know that episode 19 is being filmed (aka #5,  the story in production/filming), which means that 20 is being prepped so is done apart from last minute tweaking due to logistics but the actors would have been given copies likely to learn, and 21 has at least a first draft written and 22 has been mapped out  and 23 is at least in development up on the writers room board.   

So 21 is the active script getting polished but 22 would be close on it's heels depending on whatever schedule they are keeping to. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Those tweets are not exactly professional, but they're hilarious. Not gonna lie, if I was a writer whi created a super popular couple that I loved, I would probably do the same. Believe me, I know what happens when a writer tries to pander to both canon and not-happening ships, and it's nothing good.

• Love 6

I just read all their tweets and it's all hilarious to me, LOL. I guess more than anything they made the fans talk about the show on a Wednesday without Arrow. It could also be a way to try to divert the attention from what is getting them a lot of hate at the moment or the were just bored. Anyway it was fun. Wendy came back from her Twitter silence to like his "I love Olicity" tweet, hahaha.

• Love 6

Spoiler tags are your friends in this thread, people.

Wouldn't that get them even  more hate, though? 

I think this was sort of ot the plan here. I mean, not to get sent more hate, but to make the loving tweets drown out the hate.

Although I also think they dropped some acid and went on Twitter.

• Love 8

Spoiler tags are your friends in this thread, people.

I think this was sort of ot the plan here. I mean, not to get sent more hate, but to make the loving tweets drown out the hate.

Although I also think they dropped some acid and went on Twitter.

Good for them, then :)

Personally I think the best part was the other writer asking if he was okay. I imagine several people are going to want to talk to him today.

I'm not sure what it was all about, but I can see him snapping over all the "Arrow is over and the whole show is stupid and Olicity sucks and everyone hates it and you" tweets.

I would be pissed too.

• Love 7