Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Unseen Moments

bref
  • Start Topic

Give me a fucking break.   Statements like yours are what create eating disorders.

If you knew about eating disorders, you'd know that a comment on a message board is not the cause of anyone's eating disorders. This coming from me, someone who once had an eating disorder issue in my teens.

I agree with everything else in your post, tho.  I got pissed when everybody was like "yeah, go Ambie!  That bitch needs to back it up!"  You're right, she's likely been in Leah's life consistently more than Amber at this point.  AMBER is the one who needs back it up with that noise.

Well, look at who was cheering her on - Catelynn who is so low in self-esteem that she would tolerate Tyler's bullshit about her weight, not to mention how he plays the yo-yo game with her with his marriage proposals. Then, there is Maci, who thinks as long as any girl has a guy in her life, they are doing fabulous. Then, there is Farrah. Enough said.

• Love 9

General attitude? Not sure what that means. Someone has the opinion that Cate is huge. How that dredges up eating disorders is confusing.

Where is Cate at now with her weight? Next week will be almost six months since she gave birth. All I know of her weight has been the reunion shows.

Im the one who said Cate looks "huge AND unhealthy" It was a bit of an exaggeration but mostly I was saying next to Maci and the other girls (and Maci IS 7 or so month pregnant at the reunion I believe) Cate looks big. I understand her not losing the belly fat yet because she just had Nova, not knocking her for that but mostly I was focusing on her legs. They seriously looked huge to me. Maybe its because the camera adds weight or because she was sitting next to twig thin Maci (not saying Maci's weight when she's super skinny is healthy etiher) but Cate does not look healthy. Normally when you give birth you lose all the water weight (hence the 20 lbs she already lost since giving birth) so her legs shouldn't look so bloated. Just my opinion. Wasn't intending to give anyone an eating disorder.  I feel bad for Farrah, she looks twenty years older than the other girls because of all that surgery.

• Love 5

If you knew about eating disorders, you'd know that a comment on a message board is not the cause of anyone's eating disorders. This coming from me, someone who once had an eating disorder issue in my teens.

Well, look at who was cheering her on - Catelynn who is so low in self-esteem that she would tolerate Tyler's bullshit about her weight, not to mention how he plays the yo-yo game with her with his marriage proposals. Then, there is Maci, who thinks as long as any girl has a guy in her life, they are doing fabulous. Then, there is Farrah. Enough said.

Just because you've had an ED doesn't make you an authority to speak for everyone. I had/have one too and comments like this don't help anyone. It's unnecessary.

• Love 2
(edited)

Im the one who said Cate looks "huge AND unhealthy" It was a bit of an exaggeration but mostly I was saying next to Maci and the other girls (and Maci IS 7 or so month pregnant at the reunion I believe) Cate looks big. I understand her not losing the belly fat yet because she just had Nova, not knocking her for that but mostly I was focusing on her legs. They seriously looked huge to me. Maybe its because the camera adds weight or because she was sitting next to twig thin Maci (not saying Maci's weight when she's super skinny is healthy etiher) but Cate does not look healthy. Normally when you give birth you lose all the water weight (hence the 20 lbs she already lost since giving birth) so her legs shouldn't look so bloated. Just my opinion. Wasn't intending to give anyone an eating disorder.  I feel bad for Farrah, she looks twenty years older than the other girls because of all that surgery.

Thanks for clarifying.  That makes sense.  I think I project a little because I had my baby girl the day after Cate and aren't even close to losing the last 20 lbs of baby weight, not for lack of being healthy.  I just work full-time and have 2 kids so don't have a whole lot of time to work out (I'm also probably a good 15-20 years older than her and damn does weight become difficult to lose the older you get.)  I'm lazier than I should be, but if anyone called me "huge" I'd run away crying.  Postpartum women can be VERY sensitive about their weight and I feel for Cate.  I couldn't imagine the general public scrutinizing my appearance and calling me huge and unhealthy on message boards.  I guess that's kind of what she signed up for tho. 

And Great Kazu, I think you're being a bit willfully obtuse on the matter.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the statement that calling someone "huge and unhealthy" when they're probably carrying, at most, 20-30 lbs extra weight, can lead to an environment where eating disorders flourish.  Did she say it directly TO Cate?  No.  Obviously.  It's the general attitude that 20 to 30 (I think it's more near 20) extra pounds makes someone "huge" that leads to a culture where many women develop disorders. Again, not that complicated of a statement.  You might disagree, which is fine, but it's not that complicated of a statement. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 1

I think I project a little because I had my baby girl the day after Cate and aren't even close to losing the last 20 lbs of baby weight, not for lack of being healthy.  I just work full-time and have 2 kids so don't have a whole lot of time to work out (I'm also probably a good 15-20 years older than her and damn does weight become difficult to lose the older you get.)  I'm lazier than I should be, but if anyone called me "huge" I'd run away crying.  Postpartum women can be VERY sensitive about their weight and I feel for Cate.  I couldn't imagine the general public scrutinizing my appearance and calling me huge and unhealthy on message boards.  I guess that's kind of what she signed up for tho.

The thing is, I don't think Cate's extra weight is baby related. At least one episode every season there's been a scene where Cate expressed insecurity over her size, and this was long before Nova was conceived. I think the thinnest I've ever seen Cate was the first season of Teen Mom (when she would have been about 18 and maybe 13-18 months post partum after Carly). Supposedly she was pretty thin before getting pregnant with Nova (I never saw what she looked like at that point) but I am concerned that based on some of Tyler's comments, she got thinner because she was starving herself. Her weight has been affecting her mentally since she was in her late teens, and, based on what I've seen and heard Tyler say, she fluctuates between eating very unhealthily (in large quantities) and then starving herself. That is not a good pattern and I hope she can learn to find a balance. I single Cate out not because of her size right now, but because she has clearly demonstrated on camera that this is an issue on which she struggles.

• Love 7

Farrah mentioned not being able to feel anything regarding her breasts because of the implants when she was being fitted with the mike, I believe. I don't know anyone with breast implants so, I can't ask anyone this question. Does one lose sensation or feeling when they have implants put in?

I think she's just stupid. Getting pricked with a pin when you have breast implants will still be painful, you still have nerves there. I don't have implants myself, but they put them under the skin.. and the skin is still yours and connected to your body.. and you can still feel there... so unless her boobs were botched there would still be feeling. I have no idea with her (see: stupid).

(edited)

Just my opinion. Wasn't intending to give anyone an eating disorder.

You aren't Kira. Please know that. Most eating disorders are due to some trauma that has occurred, depression, or some other mental problems. I think we understood where you were coming from.

The thing is, I don't think Cate's extra weight is baby related. At least one episode every season there's been a scene where Cate expressed insecurity over her size, and this was long before Nova was conceived.

Exactly.

Just because you've had an ED doesn't make you an authority to speak for everyone. I had/have one too and comments like this don't help anyone. It's unnecessary.

I wasn't speaking for everyone. Kira's comment isn't going to affect Cate in any way, shape or form. Cate doesn't have an ED that we know of. I am certain she doesn't. If comments like Kira's bother people, best to stay away from a board where snark is the norm.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

You aren't Kira. Please know that. Most eating disorders are due to some trauma that has occurred, depression, or some other mental problems. I think we understood where you were coming from.

Exactly.

I wasn't speaking for everyone. Kira's comment isn't going to affect Cate in any way, shape or form. Cate doesn't have an ED that we know of. I am certain she doesn't. If comments like Kira's bother people, best to stay away from a board where snark is the norm.

You don't know how Catelynn feels about her body. You don't have to have an ED to be sensitive to someone basically calling you fat.

• Love 1
(edited)

Two points:

A) Bentley footage aired on this show. Is this Maci's way of crawling back and caving on her no-Bentley-because-Farrah snit?

B) Catelynn gets a chance to complain about Tyler and she picks the dirty clothes thing? Not that he's a controlling asshole?

Edited by ktwo
  • Love 3

You don't know how Catelynn feels about her body. You don't have to have an ED to be sensitive to someone basically calling you fat.

LOL Well then, Cate better think twice about being with Tyler because he has made it his mission to point out her weight in more ways than one. As for being sensitive, I was pointing out to the posters who feel sensitive to those kind of remarks. Worse has been said about Cate and the rest of the cast, but that goes with the territory with these kinds of boards. When someone points out Cate is heavy, that is not being said to Cate and it is certainly not being said to anyone here. It is just an observation and it can also be snark.

• Love 1

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the statement that calling someone "huge and unhealthy" when they're probably carrying, at most, 20-30 lbs extra weight, can lead to an environment where eating disorders flourish.

Please!

I come to this board to snark on the cast members. If I allowed comments like "Cate is huge" to bug me, I better get my fat ass off this board quick. Yes, I have a fat ass and I could lose about 45 pounds. Where is all the concern when Gary's weight has been snarked on?

• Love 9

Guys lets turn off the "Cate is fat/OMG you are promoting ED" train. Everyone has made their position pretty clear so let's move on. I can say with AUTHORITY, since my name is Cate, I am bulimic (though thankfully healthy now), AND I am fat, that these comments have covered it all.

• Love 1

A) Bentley footage aired on this show. Is this Maci's way of crawling back and caving on her no-Bentley-because-Farrah snit?

Yes, I was also wondering how Maci might 'splain that.  Not only did they appear in the same episode, Farrah was actually watching and reacting to footage of Bentley.  Maybe it was OK because Dr. Drew was there -- ha ha.

The Bentley footage was old pre-ban.  My guess is there will be no new kid footage from Maci.

Yep.

How much you want to bet if there is another season, not only will we see Bentley but, we will see the baby as well?

• Love 4