Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

It looks like they just told Austin what John told them, and they are trusting Austin in this moment. SMDH.

I didn't hear her tell him anything John said. Austin just acted super twitchy and nervous.

Oh thankfully James/Meg were faking with Austin, feeling him out, and are now gonna talk to Vanessa and maybe flip this thing. DO EET! Do EET!

I didn't hear her tell him anything John said. Austin just acted super twitchy and nervous.

Right, I missed the beginning and thought they were talking about John instead of Steve.

Edited by blixie

Meg/James are gonna talk to Vanessa. LOL this should be fun.

Ugh Vanessa is bringing back her, "My brain is friend. I'm so dumb" bullshit. That's my least favorite Vanessa-ism I think.

I think mine is when she says she's "an intuitive person" because she's just not. Good with facts, bad with people things.

• Love 1

I think mine is when she says she's "an intuitive person" because she's just not. Good with facts, bad with people things.

Oh yes, that is awful as well. Also, "I know you're lying to me!" Pretty much just assume I hate everything Vanessa says!

I really hope Meg/James/Vanessa talk before feeds go down for the afternoon or they wait until feeds come back this evening. I need to see this.

• Love 1

Good Lord. From Joker's:

Thu 9:59 AM BBT Meg worries about blindsiding the Austwins. Once again, JMac asserts he'll own it. He says he'll try to solidify things in purple room at 5pm. Meg: "Sh*t."

Meg says they are worried that Steve won't say who his targets are.

JMac: "it's time for a blindside."

Meg: "Sh*t."

Then, a little later:

Thu 10:08 AM BBT James/Meg now conferring in purple room. Meg says they should talk with Vanessa. James worries about giving her ammo. Meg wants to ask her about the F5 deal. Meg also wants to tell Austin/Liz that they know about it.

Er - that's not the way a "blindside" works, dear. Bless her heart.

Thu 10:09 AM BBT JMac told James that Austin told Steve/JMac that if they won HOH to put James up. Meg: "Really?!"

Sigh.

Much as I like Meg on a personal level, I feel really really bad for all the folks who auditioned for - and got passed over for - the opportunity to, you know, actually play the game in the slot where Meg is currently taking up space and busily converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Sigh, The Sequel.

• Love 4

Vanessa be quiet about consequence DAMN the consequences, the conequences if you don't do it are worse!

Also Summer Camp please note how nervouse Austwins were about you talking to Johnny Mac and Vanessa w/o them.

Edited by blixie

The Austwins are SO nervous about what JMac, Meg, and James were talking about. Oh my god, PLEASE flip. I know I shouldn't put any hope in this, but I want a shakeup.

• Love 2

So many times it seems like we are just on the edge of getting something wonderful to happen (I.e. Blackdoor Vanessa, nomianting Austwins, etc.) and then is all falls apart. I'm really hopeful James and Meg finally pull through and "bust a move." (Sorry...listening to old school music).

I don't watch the feeds but follow along here closely and I know there are mixed feelings about James but I enjoy all his practical jokes. They are harmless and definitely add some fun into the house.

• Love 4

I'm really hopeful James and Meg finally pull through and "bust a move."

I honestly think they're ready to do it, but Vanessa won't, so it's not gonna happen. And Vanessa will 100% use this against them now next week when she or Liz/Julia wins HOH, which I totally suspect will happen. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Joker's:

Thu 10:30 AM BBT Meg says Steve is blaming the DE on Vanessa. Van denies involvement. Meg says it shows the DE was pre-meditated.

Now this would've been a fantastic nugget of info to drop FIVE MINUTES BEFORE AIRTIME. Hours before eviction? Not so much. :P

Their timing is as bad as my dancing.

• Love 3

My favorite part was Austin telling Meg that Steve is not targeting James/Meg.  If thats the case then who hell is he targeting?  Because Steve is definitely closer to Austin and the twins then James/Meg.  And that only leaves Vanessa in the house.  Arguing that a Meg/James should keep Steve because they're only his 2nd option to evict is mindnumbingly dumb.  The only thing dumber is Meg's inability to work that out in her head.

Edited by MV007

I honestly think they're ready to do it, but Vanessa won't, so it's not gonna happen. And Vanessa will 100% use this against them now next week when she or Liz/Julia wins HOH, which I totally suspect will happen. Sigh.

It's not a given that they will HOH next week.  James has shown to be a competitor here.  It also hinges on who returns from the jury.

Edited by getaway

Wow...

John has campaigned to both Meg and James giving them some good information about Austwins playing both sides of the house.

James said Austin showed his cards when he said "Steve would never flip on us" yesterday. Austin and the twins have checked on Meg and James to see if they havent flipped against Steve.

Meg and James are convinced and somewhat talked to Vanessa but Liz and Julia took turns checking in.

Vanessa is definitely the swing vote if all goes down. We might have one entertaining show tonight.

Yeah, even I'm torn. I like her but I want the Austwins gone. I just don't see a big upside to her making the switch now. She already got what she wanted - a break up between the Austwins and ADC. If she inserts herself into the middle here, she looks like the bad guy to the Austwins. If she lets it be and keeps Steve, the two sides see each other as the bigger enemy (most likely).

• Love 2

Vanessa told Meg and James that she would vote with them if they told her that they had a final five with Austwins and THEY DIDN'T TELL HER. They are so frustrating.

I kinda get that. They are wise to Vanessa's bullshit now and they don't trust her. And Austwins have really done nothing overt to them. They've actually been working with them and they have protected them two weeks in a row.

To Austwins credit, they put in a lot of work with James/Meg. Hell, even Steve did. John and Vanessa didn't.

• Love 1

Goodness gracious, John is not a good campaigner lol. James doesn't believe him anymore I don't think. LOL.

I really want to root for Meg and James bc I like them as people, but I just can't with their gameplay.
  • Love 6

My favorite part was Austin telling Meg that Steve is not targeting James/Meg. If thats the case then who hell is he targeting? Because Steve is definitely closer to Austin and the twins then James/Meg. And that only leaves Vanessa in the house. Arguing that a Meg/James should keep Steve because they're only his 2nd option to evict is mindnumbingly dumb. The only thing dumber is Meg's inability to work that out in her head.

This is my favorite part of their newfound friendship. They all believe no one is targeting anyone except Vanessa? Geez.

I really want to root for Meg and James bc I like them as people, but I just can't with their gameplay.

This is why I had a hard time this season. Didn't like 6S. I wanted to like the other side, but the other side of the House was so clueless. Now I just like Jamee and Vanessa.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

Vanessa told Meg and James that she would vote with them if they told her that they had a final five with Austwins and THEY DIDN'T TELL HER. They are so frustrating.

Eeeh she kind of did, Van asked if they were gonna cut her from Brass Tacks and Meg said  yes last week that was the plan, of the six you would be cut 1st.

Edited by blixie

Vanessa isn't flipping. I fail to understand her endgame at this point. F4 with a showmance and twins? Good luck, cracky.

I guess she thinks she's gonna comp win her way to the end. She must just be banking on winning F4 veto, which she probably would, but I don't think it's as in the bag as she believes it is. And also I think Austwins could all beat her in the F3 comps.

Vanessa isn't flipping. I fail to understand her endgame at this point. F4 with a showmance and twins? Good luck, cracky.

I get the frustration, but I really do understand why she isn't flipping. I don't think the Austwins are her F4 plan at all. She knows she needs them out, but she can't be the one to do it.  She hasn't worked with James or Meg the entire game so she really can't trust in them to have her back, she's strengthening her perceived loyalty to the Austwins by not flipping the vote, and I'm certain she is banking on the 75% chance that JMac, Becky, or Shelli come back in the hopes she can get whoever it is to join up with her and Steve in a secret alliance.

I honestly believe she really wanted JMac to stay but it would blow up her game to do it.

Although it is disappointing that the vote won't flip, this morning's activities have definitely hurt the Austwin's game a bit by showing James and Meg that they are working all sides of the house. That is the silverlining for now. 

Edited by Laika
  • Love 6

Although it is disappointing that the vote won't flip, this morning's activities have definitely hurt the Austwin's game a bit by showing James and Meg that they are working all sides of the house. That is the silverlining for now.

Yeah, but that information is useless unless they can act on it. Which would require (a) the returning Juror be amenable to working with James and Meg against the 800-lb. Gorilla austwinia in the House, and (b) Said Juror and James can trade back-to-back HoH wins over the next two weeks at a minimum.

...and then there's Meg. ™

• Love 2

Vanessa is going with the devil she knows, and hoping someone else will take them out. That's been her plan all along. She told Steve as much in Week 5. Her plan was Final 7 with 6S + Steve, and then the showmances/twins take each other out, while Vanessa and Steve watch. I think this is probably a revised version of that plan. But now it's James/Meg/Possibly Juror vs. the Austwins, with Vanessa and Steve (and maybe the Juror, depending) watching.

But, by ratting out Meg and James, Vanessa is 1) further earning the Austwins trust and possibly putting her as their #4 above Steve, and 2) creating friction in the Brass Tacks so that they'll target each other.

• Love 1

Yeah, but that information is useless unless they can act on it. Which would require (a) the returning Juror be amenable to working with James and Meg against the 800-lb. Gorilla austwinia in the House, and (b) Said Juror and James can trade back-to-back HoH wins over the next two weeks at a minimum.

...and then there's Meg. ™

Of the evicted house guests, the only possible hold out would be Shelli.  I can't see Jackie, Becky, John (assuming he goes tonight) not aligning with James and Meg.

• Love 1

But, by ratting out Meg and James, Vanessa is 1) further earning the Austwins trust and possibly putting her as their #4 above Steve, and 2) creating friction in the Brass Tacks so that they'll target each other.

Vanessa ratted them out?

Vanessa ratted them out?

Yeah, right before it went to fish, she went up and told Austin that Meg and James wanted to flip. She said something about the Trust Test but then Meg walked in and she scampered away. It makes me wonder if Vanessa is going to tell Meg and James she's voting out Steve, but then she actually doesn't do it, leaving James and Meg out in the cold.

Edited by Ceeg

Of the evicted house guests, the only possible hold out would be Shelli.  I can't see Jackie, Becky, John (assuming he goes tonight) not aligning with James and Meg.

This was my impression as well; Shelli would be the weakest option for our little troop of Happy Campers, with Becky second-weakest.

Jackie and JMac, I think, would be rock-solid.

• Love 2

Yeah, right before it went to fish, she went up and told Austin that Meg and James wanted to flip. She said something about the Trust Test but then Meg walked in and she scampered away. It makes me wonder if Vanessa is going to tell Meg and James she's voting out Steve, but then she actually doesn't do it, leaving James and Meg out in the cold.

I think she'd better let them know. Why make them mad at her before they possibly gain a member? She'll have to give a Reason she can't flip while fanning the flames against the Austwins.

ETA:She better pray to the BB Gods that Meg/James/Juror don't win HOH if she does that.

Edited by mooses

It makes me wonder if Vanessa is going to tell Meg and James she's voting out Steve, but then she actually doesn't do it, leaving James and Meg out in the cold.

This is Vanessa we're talking about. I'd be shocked if she did anything else.

I think she'd better let them know. Why make them mad at her before they possibly gain a member? She'll have to give a Reason she can't flip while fanning the flames against the Austwins.

Agreed she shouldn't be actively alienating James/Meg any more than they already are, she should leave it at this is good plan but it has to wait a week, and make their move NEXT week when they see how HoH shakes out with the returning HG. I'd see that undermining whatever work she's done to take a step back out of their line of fire to thrown the target on Austwins. Pointing out the math clearly doesn't hold enough of a sway with these two. 

Ahhh, V will simply go and moan to J&M after the vote about how she's so Solo Dolo ™ in the game that she was vewwy vewwy scared when Big Mean Old Austin came at her and said, "Vote with us, or you're on the Block next"....

Oh, almost forgot...

...annnd Cue Waterworks!™

• Love 3

Ahhh, V will simply go and moan to J&M after the vote about how she's so Solo Dolo ™ in the game that she was vewwy vewwy scared when Big Mean Old Austin came at her and said, "Vote with us, or you're on the Block next"....

Oh, almost forgot...

...annnd Cue Waterworks!™

That's exactly what I think will happen before the vote! How did you know?! Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I'm confused...why isn't it better for Vanessa's game to let Steve go?  I had the idea that she'd stand with Johnny Mac and James and Meg and returning houseguest to get Austin, Julia, and Liz out.  

At this point Johnny Mac seems so much more reliable than Steve.  Steve is trying too hard to hold on to something until....when?  I don't know.

Johnny Mac and James are serious about getting out Austin and the twins.  That's at least 2 out of 4 Vanessa can count on going after them.

If Vanessa sticks with Austin this week, when is she ever going to get them out?  

Do we expect there'll be another double eviction? 

I'd go with Johnny Mac's plan.  I want James or Johnny Mac to win HOH and I'd like Vanessa to be on his side when that happens.

• Love 3

Thing is..James / Meg have nothing to lose at this point. Even if the other juror comes in to work with them they are sitting ducks. If an Austwin wins HOH they will be a man down very shortly, if the Gremlins win HOH and put up anyone they are still outnumbered. It's just a matter of time and unless they trade HOH each week they are not likely to make it much farther (only Meg maybe). The same applies to Vanessa/Steve. Sure they may last a couple weeks longer or to F6 or F5 but they are against a trio that is as solid as it gets. In order for any group to have a shot I believe an Austwin needs to go next week. I would love to know what Vanessa is thinking because she is running out of people capable of winning HOH that will target the Austwins.

Edited by kellog010
  • Love 3

I'm confused...why isn't it better for Vanessa's game to let Steve go?  I had the idea that she'd stand with Johnny Mac and James and Meg and returning houseguest to get Austin, Julia, and Liz out.  

At this point Johnny Mac seems so much more reliable than Steve.  Steve is trying too hard to hold on to something until....when?  I don't know.

Johnny Mac and James are serious about getting out Austin and the twins.  That's at least 2 out of 4 Vanessa can count on going after them.

If Vanessa sticks with Austin this week, when is she ever going to get them out?  

Do we expect there'll be another double eviction? 

I'd go with Johnny Mac's plan.  I want James or Johnny Mac to win HOH and I'd like Vanessa to be on his side when that happens.

It's better for Vanessa's game because if she votes to evict John (unless she totally fucks over James and Meg), the target on her back gets a little smaller. She (with John) has effectively created a rift in Brass Tacks. She's been with the Austwins the longest, so she's essentially choosing to trust them over choosing to trust the ADC, which is fair. At the end of the day , neither Liz nor Austin put Vanessa up. And she heard for the whole week how Meg and Becky and John were all throwing her under the bus about James throwing the BotB comp. 

Basically, she's solidified her place in Austin's Angels (gross). She's (even slightly) shrunk the target on her own back. She's exposed the Austwins' 800 Final 5s to Meg and James. She's gained the trust of John in case he comes back, and has at least laid the ground to potentially work with Meg and James and Jackie/Becky (not build an alliance, but at least work toward the common goal of getting out one of the threesome). And she's also possibly re-solidified her Final 2 with Steve, depending. She's been filling his ear all week, here and there, about how they need each other and they're all they have.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Okay...makes sense - Thanks Ceeg! :)

(I want the Austwins gone - the faster the better!  I'm still rooting for Vanessa, but whoever looks like they're working toward getting the Austwins out so they're all in jury before Final 2, I'm on board with. I'm losing patience with the process.)

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 4