Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E10: Mark Wahlberg, Seth MacFarlane, Cyndi Lauper

• Start Topic

The Bafta award-winning talk show, featuring the biggest celebrities and the brightest conversation on television.

Among the guests on Graham's sofa are actor, producer and former rapper Mark Wahlberg, making a welcome return, Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane, talking about the much-anticipated Ted 2, and singer-songwriter Cyndi Lauper.

I wanted to enjoy it, but every time he's on that show it's just "let's parade out MacFarlane's voices". I'm not sure if that's all he has to offer on chat shows, or if Graham just likes that sort of bit/his audience wants it and Seth just obliges, but I find it incredibly tiresome. On the other hand, maybe it's more like...what can we do to have him on but ensure he doesn't actually speak? I suppose the motivation could go either way, but either way, it's still very one-trick pony to me.

• Love 2

What a shame that Cyndi's jacket got caught in the shredder just before the show started! Seriously, though, I liked that she admitted needing to sing barefoot. A minor shift in center of gravity can make all the difference. 

In case anybody was wondering, the Obamas have been to the theater a bunch of times.

Once Graham put that picture of Gru next to Dara, that's all I could see.

I wonder if Wahlberg was warned to ease up on the booze before being booked. He seemed a bit more under control this time out. I also had a big laugh at his wish that the Entourage movie would win new fans seeing that the movie flopped a big ol' floppity flop flop when it opened just after this was filmed.

• Love 2

I don't mind Wahlberg in his movies, but I can bare tolerate him on talk shows. Couple him with Seth McFarlane, and this was not a show I looked forward to. 

I haven't seen Ted and don't have any interest in doing so -- likewise for Ted 2 -- but what were the 75 things that Wahlberg recited?

Was I the only one wishing and hoping that when Graham said Wahlberg had been discussed since his last visit, that he was just gonna go there with the prior drunk fest?  (Sorry, "jet lag.")  There was a split second that I thought OH!  He did REALLY piss Graham off.  But then, no.

• Love 2

I think Cyndi Lauper is a hoot, and I laughed when she channeled Adelaide from "Guys and Dolls." If the point was to show off her songwriting skills, the clip they showed of "Kinky Boots" was the wrong one, since it seemed as though the only word they said was "yeah!"

I don't mind swearing, but Mark Wahlberg and Seth MacFarlane just let the "shit" bombs drop all over the place. I didn't understand Seth's little story about "pissed" being censored. It means "drunk" in the UK, so why was it censored? Do different channels in the UK have different rules? Graham's show certainly doesn't have a problem with it.

The episode Mark described of "Family Guy" -- with Brian and Stewie locked in a vault, where Stewie poops in his diaper and makes Brian eat it, and then Brian later eats his own vomit -- was just absolutely disgusting and the one that made me stop watching "Family Guy."