Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Dead Rat Live Rat Brown Rat White Rat

Max Rager has no reason to make zombies. Despite Resident Evil and Umbrella Corp; Zombies are not profitable. There's no profit to be made from making zombies unless you're making them for the army and even then... they seem like more trouble than they're worth. These guys are soft drink manufacturers not an EVIL multinational conglomorate with a bioweapons division.

Max Rager knew their product causes a percentage of consumers to go "rage out" uncontrollably. There were documented incidents across the country for more than a year (including Jackson, Mississippi, and Richmond, Virginia), but MR saw no reason to change their formula. Instead, they sent Sebastian to kill the reporter and Adele. How is that not evil?

• Love 1

There was a well publicized case a while ago where a baby food company with a sterling reputation for purity and trustworthiness and caring about babies was found to be selling sugar water with a little food coloring in it as infant apple juice. There was a big shakeup, the managing structure (many of whom were the kind of MBA ronin who travel from company to company, because they don't need to know the company's business if they do know how to wring a few more dollars out of defunding pensions or sending jobs overseas) was shaken up, although I don't think too many people were fired, and nobody was prosecuted.

I'm pretty sure the nannies would be fired with prejudice if any of those executives found out their own children were being fed sugar water, but their own children matter. JMO, I think that's pretty evil.

Isn't it funny that corporations are the only "people" who no law and order politicians are trying to sentence to death?

• Love 2

I definitely have OTP fatigue

I do too but it's not an issue for me in this case because I don't feel like we're being told that Liv and Major are OTP.  In fact, I think we're being pretty conclusively shown that Liv was right and her relationship was over once she became a zombie. Anything else is just nostalgia and regret.

Forget everything else good and bad in this episode... "Did he have good hair?"

Hahahaha.

• Love 2

I do too but it's not an issue for me in this case because I don't feel like we're being told that Liv and Major are OTP.  In fact, I think we're being pretty conclusively shown that Liv was right and her relationship was over once she became a zombie. Anything else is just nostalgia and regret.

I felt the same way at first, but now I'm pretty sure we are, in fact, being shown they are the OTP material. Although I'd like to be wrong in this case.

I'm hoping it's just nostalgia, I'm fine with that it's realistic and understandable. But I do feel they are slowly trying to push Major and Liv back together and maybe turning him into a zombie so they can be. As others have said it does seem like RT is trying to redo Duncan and Veronica (which he only has himself to blame for pretending the were related for a bit and not casting right). 

Major's a good guy trying to the right thing, but he's just not interesting while he's doing that. For me it's not that I take the bad boy over the good boy, I find Blaine annoying as well and wish he was also more interesting. I think they made him too evil too quickly and didn't give me time to get to know him before that. I wouldn't care if they both die in the finale. 

I pretty much watch this show for Liv and Ravi (as friends).

• Love 2

Blaine is my major disappointment of the show. Such a waste of David Anders. He's just a character who shouldn't be a Big Bad of a whole season - I think it would have been so much better to just write a short arc with him turning a few zombies, trying to create a business by selling them brains stolen from cemeteries and funeral homes, failing and then having to work with Liv in an Enemy Mine scenario against, say, Max Rager or somebody else more dangerous and professional than Blaine who wanted to use zombies and/or zombie virus as a weapon. Instead they've made him irredeemable from the get-go and now there are 2 ways for everything to do down: either Blaine is taken out for good (and I'm left confused as to what was the whole point and bereft of the actor whom I love) or he's depowered and has to be included in the main story in some contrived way. Neither option appeals to me, TBH.

I pretty much watch this show for Liv and Ravi (as friends).

Ditto.

• Love 1

Max Rager is also covering up that their product has a pretty serious potential side effect and has been associated with deaths. It's a huge liability issue for them. Even if was only so they don't lose marketshare, or get bad publicity, it would be bad. It makes them criminally negligent and not good citizens, even if that's the only motive.

I don't think Major's dead weight on the show, but I also just don't think he's that interesting. He and Liv don't really spark either.

I feel like Blaine has potential they're not using, if only just because David Anders is playing him. I too wish they hadn't made him so evil already, so that it seems like he can't even stick around much longer because he's killed too many people. If he was more an antihero zombie, someone who understands it's necessary for them to kill people to eat, but I don't know- maybe a Dexter type who sticks to bad guys or criminals or something.

I'm not sure exactly, but I feel like he could have been used much better and they mishandled him a bit. But he as a character just has way more potential to me than Major. I mean, with Major it's pretty cut and dry- he can't be with Liv unless he gets turned into a zombie and that's it. But even if they did do that, would that make him more interesting? I don't think it would.

• Love 1