Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Sister

Episode synopsis: Violet panics when her wealthy sister Lillian (Celia Imrie) - whom she has not seen in years - announces a visit. Worried that Lillian will discover the truth about her circumstances, Violet and friends set in motion an elaborate plan to save her from humiliation. Meanwhile, Ash is keen to introduce the group to his new girlfriend, Jess - but he is in for a surprise.

This was hilarious!   Freddie was brilliant as the butler, announcing her as 'Lillian hooverdam houssefield!" I love this show.   My deceased partner was a much older gay man, in their generation, and the humor is thus totally spot-on and familiar to me.  I'm so glad there's a new season. 

• Love 1

Loved it! Violet always makes me laugh. And straight!Stuart was pure gold. I like Jess too.

Loved it! Violet always makes me laugh. And straight!Stuart was pure gold. I like Jess too.

Freddie was brilliant as the butler, announcing her as 'Lillian hooverdam houssefield!"

I loved that, and thanks for spelling it out. I didn't catch what the very last name. 

Stuart's straight-man walk was hilarious. I mainly watch this show for McKellan and Jacobi. Well, mainly McKellan. But they both crack me up.

I really liked this episode. However, I will admit it-I didn't know that Violet was married. The last I remember she went to Argentina with her boyfriend. Would someone help me out-when was she married?

I, too, missed the dog, but everything else was pretty much perfection.

Didn't Violet get married to some guy who tied her up? I vaguely remember her calling into the guys dressed in bondage gear.

This show may not be cutting edge - hell, the Monkees did a similar plot involving Davy's grandfather 40+ years ago - but the quality of the cast elevates it, much like the cast of the Golden Girls made that show a classic. Their comic timing is impeccable, especially Frances De La Tour.

And yes, I hope the dog is around. Didn't see him in the kitchen.

I wonder how much time is supposed to have passed between the first season and this one. Especially when you consider that the first season was only six episodes (and so is this one). I found it a little startling when Ash was bringing his girlfriend up to Freddie and Stuart's door and explaining that they were the "most important people in his life." Huh? I get that maybe he sort of sees them as parental figures, with his real parents in jail, but their relationship still seems far too new for him to assign that kind of importance to them.

I also spent the whole episode trying to figure out where I'd seen Jess before. Can't believe she was Goldie on The New Normal. Now I'm wondering if she's really British.

• Love 1

hell, the Monkees did a similar plot involving Davy's grandfather 40+ years ago -

Its a sit-com plot classic.  I remember seeing the same thing on the old Addams Family tv show. Gomez and Morticia pretend  ed to be servants to impress Lurch's mother.