Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: 80s Ladies

Anybody else raised on Bill Cosby? I'm guessing Amy was . . . I grew up an Eighties child, but I listened to some of his "Best Of" albums as a kid. And I recognized the chocolate cake bit from the movie Bill Cosby: Himself, where he served cake for breakfast to his kids, and his wife had a conniption fit over it. It's painful to hear all the allegations against him, and I'm betting Amy felt a little conflict over it. Sometimes, you have to throw away the free drink in order to get peace of mind.

I went to Johnny Utah's last year. It was a Sunday afternoon, and nobody was there, save for a few employees. Yes, I saw the mechanical bull. Nice of Amy to spotlight the fatalities of women trying to ride those things.

Man, there was a lot of retro stuff. Also, it looks like Amy likes to show how high her guest star ceiling is, what with the Jerry Seinfeld cameo. Holy crap, that was as impressive a "get" as LeBron James for Trainwreck.

• Love 1

I did. I said, "I bet there's chocolate cake in there." The jury were all wearing the sweaters. I don't think Amy felt a conflict over it. I think she was ripping on people who use those lame excuses to ignore what this guy really did. Especially when she was calling him by the character's name. That's why she brought up nostalgia. 

Not for nothing, Amy's legs looked *great*. 

*More 80s Ladies PLZ*. I'm wondering if the woman with the cigarette in her mouth regrets that prop choice. It looked hard to do. I was dying when they did cocaine and then she slapped Amy and started making out with her. Seinfeld was so random too. Yay Seinfeld. Steal his credit card! Oh, Seinfeld was wearing a Cosby-style sweater too. 

I just watched it again "they shave their legs not their bush!" The woman with the cigarette is always on the end and she's making the weirdest faces. 

Bill Nye was out of nowhere too. You never hear him get disgusted about anything, so that was funny. 

I liked the "on the street" where Amy zinged the guy "wouldn't you just be describing your mother?!" 

• Love 4

I did. I said, "I bet there's chocolate cake in there." The jury were all wearing the sweaters. I don't think Amy felt a conflict over it. I think she was ripping on people who use those lame excuses to ignore what this guy really did. Especially when she was calling him by the character's name. That's why she brought up nostalgia. 

Yep.  I forget where I read it but someone theorized that one of the reasons people had a hard time wrapping their minds around what Cosby did, even with more and more and more women coming forward, was because it is, in a way, an indictment on our judgment.  What does it say about us that we enjoy something put on by a rapist?  Sure, if it were Chris Brown, it'd be easy to believe.  But Cliff Huxtable?  No way. 

And she threw the drink away because Cosby drugged the drinks of his victims.

• Love 4
Man, there was a lot of retro stuff. Also, it looks like Amy likes to show how high her guest star ceiling is, what with the Jerry Seinfeld cameo. Holy crap, that was as impressive a "get" as LeBron James for Trainwreck.

I think she & Jerry have a friendship of sorts, she appeared on his web series, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, and needless to say, she was hilarious. 

Loved "Ugly Betty" demanding big dick multiple times.

"I wrote it here! Do you want to come see?"

The guy on the street who said his perfect woman has big breasts and cooks food whenever he wants, and Amy's reply is "You're describing your mother, right?"

• Love 2

I'm glad they showed the Weird Science spoof outtakes as the end tag. I missed the friend grabbing Amy's boob and Amy grabbing her own crotch during the first viewing. The 80's Ladies parody was spot on - I remember well women in power suits wearing sneakers on their way to work.

Funny stuff all the way around.

If it were a real show, I would SO watch 80s Ladies! I bet they could give me great advice on where to get reliable beepers and how best to program my VCR!

I had a bit of a delayed reaction to that. My very first thought was, 'Strange that Amy would toss away a free drink', then a split-second later I was like, 'Ooooooh...'

• Love 1

I guess it's just the type of person I am, I've always been suspicious of authority or any time of father figures, so I can't understand Cosby supporters who feel like they have a personal relationship with him so much that they overlook his crimes.  I loved the sketch and I want more public humiliation of Cosby because I think that's all the justice we will get.  He still makes my blood boil.

• Love 3

I think titling the sketch as 'the court of public opinion' was clever on Amy's part because she was actually putting the public on trial, in a sense. 

• Love 1

Also, it looks like Amy likes to show how high her guest star ceiling is, what with the Jerry Seinfeld cameo. Holy crap, that was as impressive a "get" as LeBron James for Trainwreck.

I meant to comment on this - no doubt Seinfeld has more cache', but I was more pleasantly surprised (and happier) to see Abbi and Ilana from Broad City. Those two are a "get" worth getting.

• Love 1

Yep.  I forget where I read it but someone theorized that one of the reasons people had a hard time wrapping their minds around what Cosby did, even with more and more and more women coming forward, was because it is, in a way, an indictment on our judgment.  What does it say about us that we enjoy something put on by a rapist?  Sure, if it were Chris Brown, it'd be easy to believe.  But Cliff Huxtable?  No way. 

Something to recall:

http://gawker.com/who-wants-to-remember-bill-cosbys-multiple-sex-assaul-1515923178