Type keyword(s) to search

I'd Like To Thank the Academy... Someday: Awards, Nominations and Recognition

• Start Topic

Maybe they should consider introducing a "winners can't re enter for at least a year" rule. First, Jensen winning six years in a row and now Sam is set to win for the fourth year in a row. Not exactly a good way to keep the competition exciting haha

1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Not that I would want either of our guys to lose, but didn't Jensen win the Madness five or six seasons running?

Jensen won it every year since it's inception until Sam Heughan defeated him and has done so for the past 3 seasons.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Maybe they should consider introducing a "winners can't re enter for at least a year" rule. First, Jensen winning six years in a row and now Sam is set to win for the fourth year in a row. Not exactly a good way to keep the competition exciting haha

They don't care about that. This is a clickbait contest. They know the SPN and Outlander fandom will click, click, click more than most other fandoms except maybe OUAT and the 100. 

This is all based on who the fans nominate and vote on. It's not who the editors are choosing to include AFAIK.

Edited by catrox14
2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Well, as the polls are closing for this round, the Misha fans are going wild and winning over Jensen.

I think Jensen fans got bored with voting. I did my part but I gave up.  The captchas are RIDICULOUS.

It doesn't matter though because Sam Heughan is going to win again anyway. If Misha wins over Sam Heughan, I will eat my non-existent hat. Jensen wouldn't beat Heughan either IMO. But Morley fans are pretty hardcore too.

• Love 1

I don't know the final result and I think these comments were made before it so it mightn't have mattered in the end. However,  based on the comment section Jensen fans are coming across asthe most entitled and really (potential?) sore losers. I can't seem to find a single complaint from the fans of the other three set to be knocked out! It's only his fans crying out "cheating" or deriding the competition (in this instance Misha). Sometimes fan of an actor almost put me off the actor themselves *sigh*

Edited by Wayward Son

It was a close race. The final was 51% Misha to 49% Jensen.

When I was voting on Saturday evening like 8pm ish PT  it was something like 56% to 44% in favor of Jensen which was after two days of voting. It shifted in under 24 hours for Misha leading 51% to 49%. That's a pretty big shift in under 24 hours when it had steadily been close to Jensen getting a pretty sizable lead on Saturday PM. 

I'm not saying there were shenanigans, just letting you know what the numbers were.  I guess all the Misha fans waited until Saturday night and Sunday to do all their voting. 

1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I don't know the final result and I think these comments were made before it so it mightn't have mattered in the end. However,  based on the comment section Jensen fans are coming across asthe most entitled and really (potential?) sore losers. I can't seem to find a single complaint from the fans of the other three set to be knocked out! It's only his fans crying out "cheating" or deriding the competition (in this instance Misha). Sometimes fan of an actor almost put me off the actor themselves *sigh*

There are always charges from all factions especially when a vote flips around in a short amount of time no matter the poll.I remember a couple of years ago there was a big to do at Zap2It about some vote that swung in the few hours to someone other than who had been leading the whole time. I can't remember what it was for. 

I try to not let fandom affect my opinions of actors and characters. I think it's unfair to the actors/characters to judge them by their fans whether for the positive or the negative.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

There are always charges from all factions especially when a vote flips around in a short amount of time no matter the poll.I remember a couple of years ago there was a big to do at Zap2It about some vote that swung in the few hours to someone other than who had been leading the whole time. I can't remember what it was for. 

I try to not let fandom affect my opinions of actors and characters. I think it's unfair to the actors/characters to judge them by their fans whether for the positive or the negative.

Well to be fair I did say almost put me off ;). I wouldn't actually hate an actor because some of their fans are horrid, but yeah I find their behaviour very off putting. It is perfectly possible to display disappointment in a result and remain graceful. Insulting the competition is not that.

And to be honest I find it hard to feel that much sympathy for them because a ) Misha isn't going to win. It's obvious Sam will and b) Even if Misha did win, how does that harm Jensen? The man has won the competition six times already. Misha hasn't even won it once.

• Love 1
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Well to be fair I did say almost put me off ;). I wouldn't actually hate an actor because some of their fans are horrid, but yeah I find their behaviour very off putting. It is perfectly possible to display disappointment in a result and remain graceful. Insulting the competition is not that.

And to be honest I find it hard to feel that much sympathy for them because a ) Misha isn't going to win. It's obvious Sam will and b) Even if Misha did win, how does that harm Jensen? The man has won the competition six times already. Misha hasn't even won it once.

? I didn't say it would be of harm to Jensen. I'm sure Jensen himself couldn't care less. 

There was some nastiness within SPN fandom from Jared fans in 2015 or 2016 who were pissed that Jared didn't get nominated for a PCA.They thought since Misha already won and Jensen won the joint duo award with Misha for the TCAs that same year that, Jensen fans should have been voting for Jared to win the PCA. They were pissed that Jensen won so they were saying they would not vote for Jensen again.  

I'm just saying that Jensen fans are not the only group of fans that bitch and moan about the results of polls that don't go the way they wanted for their fave. Seems like you were fortunate enough to not see all that from other polls and fan voting things.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

? I didn't say it would be of harm to Jensen. I'm sure Jensen himself couldn't care less. 

There was some nastiness within SPN fandom from Jared fans in 2015 or 2016 who were pissed that Jared didn't get nominated for a PCA.They thought since Misha already won and Jensen won the joint duo award with Misha for the TCAs that same year that, Jensen fans should have been voting for Jared to win the PCA. They were pissed that Jensen won so they were saying they would not vote for Jensen again.  

I'm just saying that Jensen fans are not the only group of fans that bitch and moan about the results of polls that don't go the way they wanted for their fave. Seems like you were fortunate enough to not see all that from other polls and fan voting things.

Sorry that part of my comment was in reference to the Jensen fans commenting on the e!online site! Several of whom are making it sound as though anyone who voted for Misha committed a grievous crime against Jensen. 

And yeah I didn't see any of that other stuff you mentioned. I took a longish break from watching the show / the fandom between late 2013 and last summer. Well, I started watching the show again last summer I only really got back into fandom earlier this year. 

2 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Sorry that part of my comment was in reference to the Jensen fans commenting on the e!online site! Several of whom are making it sound as though anyone who voted for Misha committed a grievous crime against Jensen. 

And yeah I didn't see any of that other stuff you mentioned. I took a longish break from watching the show / the fandom between late 2013 and last summer. Well, I started watching the show again last summer I only really got back into fandom earlier this year. 

Bleech.  I wish fandom would look to the way the boys treat this -- they will be happy for Misha and no acrimony at all.  *Sigh*. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I get what you mean. I'm saying that the same thing happens amongst SOME Misha fans who get angry with Jensen for whatever reasons, and SOME Jared fans that get mad at Jensen or Misha or whatever thing has them angry on a particular day or whatever faction is pissed about whatever thing happened they perceive as a wrong against their fave. I'm saying those Jensen fans who are pissed about it are not alone in being obnoxious on SM.

And it's not limited to the SPN fandom either. I've seen OUAT get nasty in comments and on SM towards  Outlander fans over their favorite couples. Lauriver and Olicity stans go at each other all the time. 

Edited by catrox14
Just now, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Bleh.  Hardcore Outlander fans are some of the most...er...'enthusiastic' (yeah, we'll go with that ;) ) I've ever encountered.  And I watch the show.  But I stay away from social media where they are concerned.  

Oh yeah. I didn't word my sentence properly. I didn't mean to imply it was a one way thing from OUAT to Outlander. It definitely goes both ways.  I like your use of 'enthusiastic'. That's a good way to put it LOL

Fandom from all fronts have factions that go at each other all the time on SM.  I don't get it, but it's kind of fascinating nonetheless.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

In a gory train wreck sort of way, sure.  Lol!

It really is! LOL

But yay for Misha getting this far, and RIP in the next round depending on who he's up against.

(edited)

Somehow I missed this until now, Supernatural WON a bunch of Canadagraphs Best of TV Awards.

Jensen won Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor for Canadagraphs Best of TV Awards! YAY! ( Jared and Misha were 3 and 5th respectively

(Bear in mind this is one vote per IP address only)

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor is - Jensen Ackles "Supernatural"

This years winner for Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor is Jensen Ackles for a 5th time. With almost 50% of the vote, This is the largest percentage of votes he has ever had in a win. Jensen finishes with 546 votes.

Runner Up is Colin O'Donoghue "Once Upon A Time" with 132 votes, a massive upgrade from his 12th place finish last year.
Jared Padalecki "Supernatural" was 3rd with 108 votes.

Grant Gustin "The Flash" was 4th with 70 votes.

Misha Collins "Supernatural" was 5th with 66 votes.

1st JENSEN ACKLES "SUPERNATURAL" 546
2nd COLIN O'DONOGHUE "ONCE UPON A TIME" 132
3rd JARED PADALECKI "SUPERNATURAL" 108
4th GRANT GUSTIN "THE FLASH" 70
5th MISHA COLLINS "SUPERNATURAL' 66
6th TOM ELLIS "LUCIFER" 52
7th ROBERT CARLYLE "ONCE UPON A TIME" 45
8th PETER DINKLAGE "GAME OF THRONES" 35
9th TOM CAVANAGH "THE FLASH" 34
10th DAVID ANDERS "IZOMBIE" 32
11th JOSH DALLAS "ONCE UPON A TIME" 21
12th ROBIN LORD TAYLOR 'GOTHAM" 16
13th CLARK GREGG "AGENTS OF SHIELD" 12
14th CORY MICHAEL SMITH 'GOTHAM" 10

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2
(edited)

...And SUPERNATURAL won Favorite TV Show and Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy TV Program

Triple YAY!!!

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Favorite TV Program is - Supernatural (CW).

This years winner for Favorite Program is Supernatural. This gives SPN 3 wins in this category. Previous wins coming in 2012 & 2013. They returned to the top this year with an impressive 50% of the votes, getting 641 total votes.

Runner Up was last years winner Person of Interest with 102 votes.
Third was Grimm with 77 votes.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
(edited)

Castiel won for FAVORITE TV CHARACTER beating out Lexa from the 100 and Dean Winchester

BEST OF TV AWARDS 2016 - Favorite TV Character - WINNER - CASTIEL "SUPERNATURAL"

4/10/2017

0 Comments

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Favorite TV Character is - Castiel "Supernatural"

This years winner for Favorite TV Character is Castiel "Supernatural" (Portrayed by Misha Collins). This is the 5th win in this category for a character from SPN... but its the first for someone not named Dean Winchester, as the shows top angel in the batte between good & evil wins his first major award here. With 1040 votes, he managed over 1/3 of all votes. His previous efforts saw him finish 6th, 4th, 3rd, 13th and 12th last year.

Runner up Lexa The Commander "The 100" with 444 votes Up one spot from her 3rd place finish last year 
Third Place was Dean Winchester "Supernatural" the winner of the first 4 years of this award gets 388 votes to keep his record of always finishing in the top 3 in tact.

Fourth place was last years winner Samantha Groves/Root "Person Of Interest" with 247 votes. Fifth place was Sam Winchester "Supernatural" with 125 votes.

Best Director is Phil Sgriccia for Alpha and Omega

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Writing - Supernatural

This years winner for best Writing is Supernatural. One of the few awards Supernatural had yet to win in the awards at some point was the Best Writing award. This year they have done so with over 50% of the vote, getting 565 votes.

Runner Up was the 1st year phenomenon Stranger Things with 97 votes.
Third was last years winner, Person of Interest with 89 votes.

(edited)

Ruth Connell won for Best Recurring Actress

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Recurring Actress is - Ruth Connell "Supernatural"

This years winner for Best Recurring Actress is last years Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actress winner. Ruth Connell wins her 2nd award here with 445 votes, almost 1/2 of all the votes cast.

Runner Up Gwendolyn Christie "Game Of Thrones" with 86 votes was well back.
Third place Katrina Law "Arrow" finished with 69 votes.

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Recurring Actress is - Ruth Connell "Supernatural"

This years winner for Best Recurring Actress is last years Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actress winner. Ruth Connell wins her 2nd award here with 445 votes, almost 1/2 of all the votes cast.

Runner Up Gwendolyn Christie "Game Of Thrones" with 86 votes was well back.
Third place Katrina Law "Arrow" finished with 69 votes.

Mark Pellegrino won for Best Guest Star

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Guest Starr is - Mark Pellegrino "Supernatural"

This years winner for Best Guest Star is Mark Pellegrino "Supernatural". This is his 2nd win in this category, as he also won for the same show back in 2012. this time he won with 274 votes.

Runner Up Amy Acker "MacGyver" finished with 142 votes.
Third Place goes to Benedict Cumberbatch "Sherlock" with 110 votes

Rob Benedict finished 2nd to Jeffrey Dean Morgan for The Walking  for Best Recurring Actor

Best Recurring Actor is Jeffrey Dean Morgan. The man who brought 2016s most hated villain to life, Negan, on "The Walking Dead" wins this years award with 271 votes.

Runner Up Rob Benedict "Supernatural" with 209 votes was the only close contender.
Third Place is last years winner, Enrico Colantoni "Person Of Interest" with 62 votes.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

SPN finished 2nd and 3rd to Person of Interest for the Best Episode

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Best Episode is 6741 "Person Of Interest".

This years award for Best Episode goes to the 4th episode of the 5th & last season of Person Of Interest "6741".

[snip]

Runner up this year was Alpha And Omega "Supernatural" with 57 votes.
Third was The Devil In The Details "Supernatural" with 53 votes.

3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

That's a whole bunch of well deserved awards for our little show! The only one that makes me scratch my head is - yes, you guessed it - the writing award. What were they thinking? LOL

to be fair, it's all fan voting sooo....

tumblr_nx0ledQqqJ1tftkxmo2_540.gif

• Love 2

I assume from the inclusion of the likes of Robb Benedict these awards are being awarded for things related to season eleven? If that's the case, then I'm not as surprised by the writing win. From what I could tell eleven was a rather popular season within fandom. Of course not everyone liked it (but then what does everyone in this fandom love?) but I got the impression it was well received overall. 

Of course I could just be biased because season 11 is my favourite season since the Kripke era ended haha

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Wayward Son said:

I assume from the inclusion of the likes of Robb Benedict these awards are being awarded for things related to season eleven? If that's the case, then I'm not as surprised by the writing win. From what I could tell eleven was a rather popular season within fandom. Of course not everyone liked it (but then what does everyone in this fandom love?) but I got the impression it was well received overall. 

Of course I could just be biased because season 11 is my favourite season since the Kripke era ended haha

The writing was for any scripted [non-reality, non-news] program that aired original episodes in 2016. So it could the end of s11 or the beginning of s12.  Hard to say.  LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

That's a whole bunch of well deserved awards for our little show! The only one that makes me scratch my head is - yes, you guessed it - the writing award. What were they thinking? LOL

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

to be fair, it's all fan voting sooo....

I think it shows that the wider viewing audience (outside a few pockets of 'fandom') are much happier with the recent seasons.  And I agree with them.  

• Love 2

Fans voting in online polls are usually an even smaller faction of online fans. Who are themselves only a faction of the general audience. Most casual viewers don`t know or bother with internet polls. Even for shows I really love, I`m too lazy to do all the captcha stuff.   

Without statistics to back it up, I could say that fans who participate in online forums are a smaller portion of the entire audience than fans who vote in online polls.  Even before I was a PTV member, I voted in online polls for my favorite shows.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Fans voting in online polls are usually an even smaller faction of online fans. Who are themselves only a faction of the general audience. Most casual viewers don`t know or bother with internet polls. Even for shows I really love, I`m too lazy to do all the captcha stuff.   

Thankfully this poll doesn't do that. Once it gets to the semi-finals it's ONE vote per IP addresss. No captchas and no repeat voting unless somone goes to the effort to hide there IP address for some reason.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I think it shows that the wider viewing audience (outside a few pockets of 'fandom') are much happier with the recent seasons.  And I agree with them.  

Or it shows that the SPN fanbase is loyal and votes it's ass off, regardless.

IMO if the writing beats out a show like Person of Interest which IMO objectively was a better written show than SPN it's the more the loyalty, which doesn't mean the voting isn't a validation of the quality of the show but just that fans preferred it.

Same with acting. Now I think Jensen is one of the best actors in all of television, but I'm not going to pretend that Jensen fans didn't vote their asses off for him no matter what. Just MO.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Or it shows that the SPN fanbase is loyal and votes it's ass off, regardless

Maybe.  But given your earlier post about one vote per IP address, that's an awful lot of SPN fans voting for "best writing".  And, no offense, but I cannot sincerely see the members on here who have been complaining about the writing this year going against their beliefs and voting for SPN in that category.  So there must be plenty of others who either don't have that moral dilemma or - more likely - think that the writing has been pretty darn good the last couple years, comparatively.  (By comparatively, I mean compared to more recent seasons like 8 and 9 which would be more prominent in viewers minds than earlier seasons.)  

• Love 1

IMO if the writing beats out a show like Person of Interest which IMO objectively was a better written show than SPN

Well, SPN is a genre show (POI only kinda was) and those notoriously have bigger online presence so this doesn`t surprise me. And SPN, the writing can be heaps of garbage, and I`m still not in the least bit surprised it wins fan polls.  

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Maybe.  But given your earlier post about one vote per IP address, that's an awful lot of SPN fans voting for "best writing".  And, no offense, but I cannot sincerely see the members on here who have been complaining about the writing this year going against their beliefs and voting for SPN in that category.  So there must be plenty of others who either don't have that moral dilemma or - more likely - think that the writing has been pretty darn good the last couple years, comparatively.  (By comparatively, I mean compared to more recent seasons like 8 and 9 which would be more prominent in viewers minds than earlier seasons.)  

SPN fans are pretty territorial.  We never get Emmy love, we vote like crazy to win the People's Choice Awards.

People don't have to vote their conscience when it's an online poll about at a TV show with their favorite actors and characters. I'm not seeing it as being a big deal that they might be like YAY SPN is here. YES I'm voting them in every category because I love the show.  It's also possible that some people have never seen the other shows so they are voting what they know.

• Love 1

Is it SO hard to believe that there might be a wider audience who actually think the writing has improved the last couple seasons?  (Again - just over S8 and S9)  Wow...  I understand why certain members on this forum are unhappy.  But surely people don't think that is the general consensus?  

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

SPN fans are pretty territorial. 

I can't remember which thread it was (not this one) but I think the point was made - maybe even by me - that Outlander fans are even MORE territorial.  So...I don't think this has as much bearing on the results as maybe you are trying to make it have. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Is it SO hard to believe that there might be a wider audience who actually think the writing has improved the last couple seasons?  (Again - just over S8 and S9)  Wow...  I understand why certain members on this forum are unhappy.  But surely people don't think that is the general consensus?  

I can't remember which thread it was (not this one) but I think the point was made - maybe even by me - that Outlander fans are even MORE territorial.  So...I don't think this has as much bearing on the results as maybe you are trying to make it have. 

Canadagraphs Awards are not that well known, I mean they aren't like the Alpha Madness poll etc. 

If you look at the numbers of the votes in the final rounds it's not in the millions, it's more like under 10000.

So the people that vote are a much smaller subset. It's hard to say if they really LOVED the writing or REALLY though Phil Sgriccia is a better director than Rian Johnson.

There is a lot of love for SPN in those awards historically.

Edited by catrox14
1 minute ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Okay, well - I'd never heard of the Alpha Madness poll until you just posted that, so...

No you may not have heard of it before this year but it gets MILLIONS of hits every year because it's a click bait poll.

At the end of the day, we have a diverse and passionate fan base.  It's pretty hard to get "universal agreement" on "today is Sunday" (because hey, it's already Monday in half the world.... *rimshot*).

The show is renewed for S13.  We'll hear at Upfronts if the Network has concerns.  We'll hear, in a round about way, what the writers think "worked and didn't work" by about Comic Con.  By then they'll have done their own internal self-assessment and set off on a course for S13.  And then there's the DVD commentaries.  That usually gives us some "after action" sense.  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

No you may not have heard of it before this year but it gets MILLIONS of hits every year because it's a click bait poll.

Okay - but then that in itself makes it different from this poll, which you said allows one vote per IP address.   Allowing more hits per IP address also allows more skewing to those predisposed to vote in repeatedly in online polls, which would more fit the "territorial" fan base you mentioned earlier.  A poll which only allows one vote per IP address pretty much filters that out.  Unless, as you said, someone is really determined to affect the outcome.   I think you're comparing apples to oranges there.  I also realize that, as far as this forum - at least some of the more vocal members - my opinion that the writing is better the last couples seasons over the most recent previous to that sadly belongs in the unpopular opinion thread.  YMMV.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Okay - but then that in itself makes it different from this poll, which you said allows one vote per IP address.   Allowing more hits per IP address also allows more skewing to those predisposed to vote in repeatedly in online polls, which would more fit the "territorial" fan base you mentioned earlier.  A poll which only allows one vote per IP address pretty much filters that out.  Unless, as you said, someone is really determined to affect the outcome.   I think you're comparing apples to oranges there.  I also realize that, as far as this forum - at least some of the more vocal members - my opinion that the writing is better the last couples seasons over the most recent previous to that sadly belongs in the unpopular opinion thread.  YMMV.

If it makes you feel better I feel the same way! Season eleven is my favourite post Kripke era season, and while I have some issues with the current season I would still take it over the monstrosities that were seasons 8 and 9. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I'm not comparing apples and oranges.  They are both online polls. The only difference is in how many actual votes are permitted under the unlimited voting for the Alpha Madness poll. 

Supernatural. One of the few awards Supernatural had yet to win in the awards at some point was the Best Writing award. This year they have done so with over 50% of the vote, getting 565 votes.

Runner Up was the 1st year phenomenon Stranger Things with 97 votes.
Third was last years winner, Person of Interest with 89 votes.

Fourth was 2nd year hit Lucifer with 80 votes. Game Of Thrones came in 5th with 60 votes.

I'm saying that in a poll with the inability to spam the voting , the folks who are voting are the more devoted fans. Unless we interviewed all 565 people to ask them if they really think the writing is better than Stranger Things or if they voted out of love for SPN, neither of us can say which is the motivating factor. I'm pretty sure it's probably a little of both.  Some think it's better and some are voting because they love the show regardless of whether they really think the writing is better.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I'm saying that in a poll with the inability to spam the voting , the folks who are voting are the more devoted fans.

And I would think the opposite would be true.  In a poll with the ability to spam the voting, the folks who are doing the spamming are the more devoted fans.  

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The only difference is in how many actual votes are permitted under the unlimited voting

That's the apples to oranges I meant.  *shrug*  I personally don't know how you can realistically compare the results of a polls which has very strict voting protocol to one which allows unlimited spamming.  

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
  • Love 1
Just now, RulerofallIsurvey said:

And I would think the opposite would be true.  In a poll with the ability to spam the voting, the folks who are doing the spamming are the more devoted fans.  

You were suggesting that since it won Best Writing that means it must validate the view that it actually is better written than some in THIS forum suggests. I'm saying that there is literally no way for either one of us to know without asking the 565 voters why they selected it. I'm saying that NO MATTER which kind of poll, the fans that take the time to vote in an online poll of any kind, are pretty devoted to making sure SPN wins whatever poll it can.

12 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

That's the apples to oranges I meant.  *shrug*  I personally don't know how you can realistically compare the results of a polls which has very strict voting protocol to one which allows unlimited spamming.  

The polls are measuring different things. I was simply using the Alpha Male Madness poll as the most recent example of the power of this fanbase to mobilize in online poll voting.

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

You were suggesting that since it won Best Writing that means it must validate the view that it actually is better written than some in THIS forum suggests.

No, I was not.  I am sorry if you misunderstood.  I did not say it must.  I said "I think" - which automatically states that is only my opinion.  (May I refer you to:

In which, the moderator states that "Nobody has to justify their opinion or back it up with facts."  My original post mentioned nothing about THIS forum, but rather "a few pockets of fandom" - which also includes other rather isolated forums/blogs/etc.  It was only in a later post that I mentioned this forum.  But I still think (that is: it is only my opinion) that a poll which only allows limited voting is a better representation of the wider viewing audience than either this, or a similar forum, or a poll which allows unlimited spamming.  

• Love 2
(edited)

My apologies for misunderstanding your original comments. I guess I conflated you separate comments. 

I wasn't addressing your opinion of the writing of the show. I was addressing the results of the poll itself and the interpretation of those results and I was saying that neither of us can know why the voters voted the way they did without asking them. 

Edited by catrox14