Type keyword(s) to search

I'd Like To Thank the Academy... Someday: Awards, Nominations and Recognition

• Start Topic

Is anyone else still voting? Now the site won't let me vote even though I've closed my browsers and shut down my computer. It just shows that I voted for "Supernatural" and when the results will be published. Strange.

You can vote with a different device - but just once from each device.

Also, I stopped to read EW's description of the contest and it looks like the winner will only be on the cover of the "subscriber edition". I don't think I'm willing to pay for a subscription just to get a Supernatural photo.

1 hour ago, auntvi said:

You can vote with a different device - but just once from each device.

Also, I stopped to read EW's description of the contest and it looks like the winner will only be on the cover of the "subscriber edition". I don't think I'm willing to pay for a subscription just to get a Supernatural photo.

So wait. It's not going to be on the cover of the ones you can by from  newsstands? That sucks. This sounds like a scam just to drive new subscriptions.

Lm7rA.gif

15 minutes ago, SueB said:

Sounds to me like they are milking this for all they can. It's a business. 

Of course they are . I don't think it was particularly clear that it was only going to be on the "subscriber" edition of the magazine. Sounds to me like they are going to still have a different cover for the newsstand edition. 

But you know what I'm thinking about. Gomez said that J2 were going to have a photoshoot in Aug. I wonder if that's going to be for the cover? Like maybe the fix is in for SPN . I would be shocked if that's the case LOL. But I would laugh.

I only voted once on each of my browsers yesterday; today I can't vote. And it says that you can vote until Aug. 1. It's hard to believe that they're only accepting only one vote per person for the whole time. Yes, I could do this from my phone, but this whole thing is strange.

37 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I only voted once on each of my browsers yesterday; today I can't vote. And it says that you can vote until Aug. 1. It's hard to believe that they're only accepting only one vote per person for the whole time. Yes, I could do this from my phone, but this whole thing is strange.

I couldn't vote any more than 3 times on each device and that was only one day. It's so weird.

Tumblr awards are out .

Supernatural is the number one show on Tumblr.

2016's Top TV Shows - Live Action

1. Supernatural
2. The 100
3. Game of Thrones
4. Shadowhunters
5. The Walking Dead
6. Teen Wolf
7. Big Brother
8. Once Upon a Time
9. Doctor Who
10. Sherlock
11. Stranger Things
12. Pretty Little Liars
13. RuPaul's Drag Race
14. How to Get Away with Murder
15. Supergirl
16. Orange is the New Black
17. Arrow
18. The Flash
19. Parks and Recreation
20. Girl Meets World

2016 Top Actors:

1. Sebastian Stan
2. Chris Evans
3. Tom Hiddleston
4. Jensen Ackles
5. Adam Driver
6. Misha Collins
7. Oscar Issac
8. Dylan O'Brien
9. Benedict Cumberbatch
10. Lin-Manuel Miranda
11. Jared Padalecki
12. John Boyega
13. Leonardo DiCaprio
14. Jared Leto
15. Rami Malek
16. Matthew Diddario
17.Evan Peters
18. Alan Rickman
19. Ryan Reynolds
20. Norman Reedus.

Jensen (4), Misha (6) and Jared (11) on Tumblr. That's some pretty damn good company for TFW. :)

More Tumblr awards

2016 Top Ships.

1. Clexa: Clarke and Lexa, The 100
2. Dan and Phil: Dan Howell & Phil Lester (You Tubers)
3. Larry Stylinson : Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson (One Direction)
4. Destiel - Dean Winchester  & Castiel( Supernatural)

Best of TV Awards:

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/best-of-tv-awards-2016.html

Supernatural cast and production is up for many categories (don't yell at me : nominees are shown as listed in the order  on the website).

VOTING - As always, the opening round of voting is UNLIMITED! You can vote as often as you want, for as many candidates as you want. Remember that you MUST make those votes ON HERE and not thru any secondary places the polls may be posted. No automated (Bot voting) will be allowed, even in the unlimited voting round. The 2nd and 3rd rounds will of course be ONE ballot per "person" (via IP address) and will have a maximum amount of candidates you can vote for per category. Please check the header of the ballot to see the maximum candidates you can vote for in that specific category as they do vary.

FAVORITE TV CHARACTER -
(any character in an episode in 2016)

• Dean Winchester - SUPERNATURAL
  • Castiel - SUPERNATURAL
  • Sam Winchester - SUPERNATURAL
  • Crowley SUPERNATURAL
  • Chuck/God - SUPERNATURAL

FAVORITE TV SHOW 
(any scripted [non-reality, non-news] program that aired original episodes in 2016)
Arrow (CW) - Daredevil (NETFLIX) - Galavant (ABC) - Games Of Thrones (HBO) - Gotham (FOX) -Grimm (NBC) - Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) - How To Get Away With Murder (ABC) - iZombie (CW) - Limitless (CBS) - Lucifer (FOX) - Luke Cage (NETFLIX) - Murdoch Mysteries (CBC) - No Tomorrow (CW) - Once Upon A Time (ABC) - Person Of Interest (CBS) - Pitch (FOX) - Stranger Things (NETFLIX) - Supernatural (CW) - The Blacklist (NBC) - The Flash (CW) - The Goldbergs (ABC) - The Walking Dead (AMC) - Timeless (NBC) - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (NETFLIX) - Wynonna Earp (SYFY)

BEST ACTOR IN A SCI-FI OR FANTASY PROGRAM:

• Jensen Ackles "Supernatural"
  • Jared Padalecki "Supernatural"
  • Misha Collins "Supernatural"

BEST RECURRING ACTOR:

• Rob Benedict "Supernatural"

BEST RECURRING ACTRESS :

• Ruth Connell "Supernatural"
  • Emily Swallow "Supernatural"

BEST GUEST STAR:

• Curtis Armstrong "Supernatural"
  • Mark Pellegrino "Supernatural"
  • Kathryn Newton "Supernatural"
  • Aleks Paunovic "Supernatural"
  • Steven Williams "Supernatural"

BEST SCI-FI/FANTASY PROGRAM - 
(Any scripted Sci-Fi or Fantasy program that aired at least 1 original episode on television or online in 2016 and did not debut in 2016)
Agents Of SHEILD (ABC) - Fear The Walking Dead (AMC) - Game Of Thrones (HBO) - Grimm (NBC) - iZombie (CW) - Once Upon A Time (ABC) - Outlander (STARZ) - Sleepy Hollow (FOX) - Supergirl (CBS/CW) - Supernatural (CW) - Teen Wolf (MTV) - The Flash (CW) - The Librarians (TNT) - The Magicians (Syfy) - The Vampire Diaries (CW) - The Walking Dead (AMC) - The X-Files (FOX)

BEST STUNTS -
(any scripted [non-reality, non-news] program that aired original episodes in 2016)
Agents Of SHIELD - Arrow - Daredevil - Game Of Thrones - Grimm - Hawaii Five-0 - Legends Of Tomorrow - Luke Cage - Once Upon A Time - Person Of Interest - Supergirl - Supernatural - The Blacklist - The Flash - The Walking Dead - Wynonna Earp
Brooklyn Nine-Nine -  Galavant -  Gotham - Rush Hour - Shameless 

BEST WRITING - 
Agents Of SHIELD - Arrow -  Daredevil - Galavant - Game Of Thrones - Grimm - iZombie - Limitless - Lucifer - Once Upon A Time - Person Of Interest - Stranger Things - Supernatural - The Blacklist - The Big Bang Theory - The Walking Dead - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

BEST DIRECTOR:

• Philip Sgriccia "Alpha And Omega" (Supernatural)

BEST EPISODE -

• The Devil In The Details "Supernatural"
  • Beyond The Mat "Supernatural"
  • Alpha And Omega "Supernatural"

BEST NON-HUMAN CHARACTER OR PROP -

The Impala "Supernatural"

SEXIEST ACTOR -
(Any actor on television or in movies. Mo one under the age of 19 at the start of 2016)

Alex O'Loughlin - Andrew Lincoln - Benedict Cumberbatch - Brandon Routh - Chris Evans - Chris Hemsworth - Chris Pratt - Christian Kane - Colin O'Donoghue - Colton Haynes - David Giuntoli - Grant Gustin - Jamie Dornan - Jared Padalecki - Jason Momoa - Jeffrey Dean Morgan - Jensen Ackles - Johnny Depp - Josh Dallas - Joshua Sasse - Kit Harington - Leonardo DiCaprio - Matt Lanter - Misha Collins - Robert Buckley - Sean Maguire - Shemar Moore - Stephen Amell - Tim Rozon - Tom Ellis - Tom Hardy - Tom Hiddleston - Tyler Hoechlin

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

It still stings that the year Supernatural won favorite network drama - not fantasy, mind you - the show skipped the announcement altogether (only time they did that) and as far as we know, didn't even invite the Js to the show. What assholes! :(

• Love 2

I put this in the Dean thread but it was suggested this was also a good place.

Jensen was given an honourable mention in EW's 'Performer of the week' for Regarding Dean. Well deserved IMO. Jared was also amazing at showing Sam's increasing panic and fear over losing Dean.

http://tvline.com/2017/02/11/melissa-mccarthy-saturday-night-live-sean-spicer-performance-video/

HONORABLE MENTION |  During this Thursday’s Supernatural, Dean’s inability to remember his own name – or much of anything – led to a performance we won’t soon forget from star Jensen Ackles. As the hunter faced himself in the bathroom mirror, we looked on in awe as he came to the terrifying realization that his own identity was slipping away. “My name is Dean Winchester,” he desperately repeated to himself until all he was left with was three scary words: “I don’t know.” More than his infamous single perfect tear, it was the fear and sadness in Ackles’ eyes in that moment that reminded us why he is an unforgettable — and underrated — talent.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Vote in the Canadagraphs Awards

Dean, Sam and Castiel are all in the running for Favorite TV Character . One vote per IP address

Several other guest actors up for Supernatural but I'm too lazy to list them all LOL

Thanks for the link @catrox14! Shame they don't give the results so far since I like to usually give the vote to the lower ranking of my two favs to help give them a boost! So this time I just had to guess who'd be lower. 

Edited by Wayward Son

Okay final round of the Canadagraphs BEST of TV

Jensen, Jared and Misha are up against each other and the other actors. It's one vote only. Choose wisely

Best Sci-Fi or Fantasy Actor FINALS (1 vote only)

Clark Gregg "Agents Of SHIELD

"Peter Dinklage "Game Of Thrones"

Robin Lord Taylor "Gotham"

Cory Michael Smith "Gotham"

David Anders "iZombie"

Tom Ellis "Lucifer"

Robert Carlyle "Once Upon A Time"

Colin O'Donoghue "Once Upon A Time"

Josh Dallas "Once Upon A Time"

Jensen Ackles "Supernatural"

Jared Padalecki "Supernatural"

"Misha Collins "Supernatural"

Grant Gustin "The Flash"

Tom Cavanagh "The Flash"

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Frost said:

I voted.  Why are the "Arrow" actors in the plain old TV Drama category and not Sci Fi / Fantasy?

Maybe to stop them competing with other shows that have fanbases that vote like crazy to get their faves to win.

(edited)

Wow Sam Heughen is popular! I loaded roughly 5 "load more comments" worth of comments and about 90% were nominating him! Either he's got a very dedicated fan base or a select few dedicated spammers haha

Edited by Wayward Son
(edited)

BOO! Jensen lost to Christian Kane by 24 votes for Canadagraphs Sexiest Actor. Bah!

Jensen was 2nd
Misha was 3rd
Jared was 6th.

BEST OF TV AWARDS 2016 - Sexiest Actor WINNER - CHRISTIAN KANE

3/26/2017

0 Comments

The 2016 Best Of TV Awards winner in the category of Sexiest Actor is - Christian Kane

This years winner was a pretty unexpected pick to me. While Christian Kane has been wildly popular in the past during his Leverage days, he was never quite "in the hunt" for awards.... often making the finals, but coming up well short. This year, his fandom rallied together to give the man from Dallas, Texas this years title of Sexiest Actor. His only previous effort in the category got him to the semi-finals in 2014.

Kane won with 257 votes, narrowly holding off Jensen Ackles, the former 3X winner. Going into the last day, Kane has a 44 vote lead, but won with just a 24 vote margin. 

Jensen Ackles was 2nd, the 3X winner of this award has now been runner up for 3 consecutive years.

Misha Collins was 3rd with 188 votes.  This was his first finals appearance since 2013. after 3 consecutive 4th place finishes. This gives him his highest ranking ever.

Colin O'Donoghue was 4th with 157 votes. He finished 7th, 8th & 3rd in his previous finals appearances. David Giuntoli was 5th in his first ever finals appearance with 87 votes.

Jared Padalecki was 6th with 45 votes in his 6th consecutive finals appearance. Stephen Amell, the defending 2X winner stumbled down to 7th this year with 32 votes. Chris Evans was 8th with 26 votes. Chris Hemsworth with 25 votes came in 9th. Tom Ellis was 10th with 24 votes.

Edited by catrox14
(edited)

but the good news is Baby won...she won in a landslide

This years winner is the ONLY winner the category has ever had. The Impala from Supernatural has now won an impresive 6 consecutive awards. This is officially the record for most awards by anyone...errr...thing. Also with 6 consecutive awarrds, its assured its place as the longest win record for at least 1 more year (and if Ellen Degeneres should lose this year or next.... several years). With 426 votes, the car known as "Baby" to ts fandom beat the 2nd, 3rd & 4th top finalists combined.

Edited by catrox14
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Wow Sam Heughen is popular! I loaded roughly 5 "load more comments" worth of comments and about 90% were nominating him! Either he's got a very dedicated fan base or a select few dedicated spammers haha

Yeah, Outlander's fandom is almost as loud as the Supernatural fandom.

• Love 1
On 4/7/2017 at 2:21 PM, catrox14 said:

BOO! Jensen lost to Christian Kane by 24 votes for Canadagraphs Sexiest Actor. Bah!

Christian Kane 257
Jensen Ackles 233

At one time Christian and Jensen were friends.  I don't know if they still are friends, but I like Christian so it doesn't bother me that much.  Yes, I still like Jensen, but he lost by a few points, I would rather it be like that than a wide margin.  :)

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

They seem to have pitted co-stars against each.  This is cruel to fandom LOL

Definitely. They want us to eliminate one so that we don't dominate like we always do. ;-)

How many times are we allowed to vote?

1 hour ago, Res said:

Definitely. They want us to eliminate one so that we don't dominate like we always do. ;-)

How many times are we allowed to vote?

unfortunately the Outlander fandom may have more clout than we do :( given the last 3 years Sam Heughan has won.

20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

unfortunately the Outlander fandom may have more clout than we do :( given the last 3 years Sam Heughan has won.

Not that I would want either of our guys to lose, but didn't Jensen win the Madness five or six seasons running?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Not that I would want either of our guys to lose, but didn't Jensen win the Madness five or six seasons running?

Yes, he did. The first 5 or 6 times that this competition was implemented, I believe.