Type keyword(s) to search

Westworld Anticipation

• Start Topic

Aside from a really interesting Teaser (go look in the Media thread), there's also the goddam insane cast list.

Anthony Hopkins
Ed Harris
Evan Rachel Wood
James Marsden
Thandie Newton
Jeffrey Wright

and more.

How the hell do you line THAT cast up and have no buzz (so far)?

Oh. And the producer/director. Jonathan Nolan. While some might regret the absense of his brother Christopher as well, remember that Jonathan alone is responsible for the fairly brilliant Person of Interest.

Also, J. J. Abrams is an Exec. Producer as well.

Edited by Kromm
Oh. And the producer/director. Jonathan Nolan. While some might regret the absense of his brother Christopher as well, remember that Jonathan alone is responsible for the fairly brilliant Person of Interest.

Actually, Christopher Nolan would be a reason for me not to tune in despite this insane cast, so I'm quite glad he's not involved.

I'm looking forward to this. I've always thought the movie was a great idea that really needed a remake.

Just one caveat: Please let there be a woman who is not a sexbot.

I'm sure one will be a maid-bot, and another will be an executive assistant-bot (that get's recharged at 2/3 the capacity of male-bot counterparts). ;)

• Love 1

I cannot WAIT for this show.

I confess, though, that I'm watching it purely for Ben Barnes and I have paralyzing anxiety that his character will be killed off within the first 3 episodes, because that would just be typical Ben Barnes luck.

I'm looking forward to this too but considering- to me- how little mystery was left in the teaser, I feel like I've already watched it. :(

I'm a fan of the Crichton movie and I hope I thoroughly enjoy where Nolan is going with it.

But why, oh why, did it have to be Evan Rachel Wood? *sniff* Maybe I'll get lucky and Ben Barnes's luck will rub off on her. ;)

On 9/2/2016 at 3:13 PM, Tarasme said:

why, oh why, did it have to be Evan Rachel Wood? *sniff* Maybe I'll get lucky and Ben Barnes's luck will rub off on her. ;)

Actually she seems to be doing a really good job in the footage we've seen, IMO. Clearly she's the key role in getting the viewers to sympathize with the robots, since The Gunslinger is (if the movie is any indication) likely to be far more Terminatorish. 

• Love 1

Okay, well, I hate to reveal that I am redwood-ancient, but I remember being entranced by the original movie.  As an adolescent, the concept of fantasy sex was risqué and intriguing; invincible Yul Brynner STRIDING through the various worlds gave me goosebumps.   (He was the pre-Terminator terminator.)

Anthony Hopkins is enough to make me hope this won't be a total piece of schlock, so I'm all in.  It's the new show I'm looking forward to most.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by candall
decided to go ahead and include the part about fantasy sex.
19 hours ago, candall said:

Okay, well, I hate to reveal that I am redwood-ancient, but I remember being entranced by the original movie.  As an adolescent, the concept of fantasy sex was risqué and intriguing; invincible Yul Brynner STRIDING through the various worlds gave me goosebumps.   (He was the pre-Terminator terminator.)

I can't remember how often I saw the movie in the 80s. I was probably way too young, but my grandmother watched everything with Yul Brynner in it every time it was on TV and I was as fascinated by Westworld as I was sick of The King and I. Having a series made out of the material is intriguing to say the least, I hope they didn't screw it up.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

I've never liked ERW, in anything.  She's wooden and over-hyped, IMO.

Have you watched her work on Once and Again? She was wonderful and had the most complex character arc of anyone on the show.

Edited by maraleia