Type keyword(s) to search

The Magicians In The Media

Right?? It's a very unusual feeling for those of us who like science-fiction/fantasy shows.   Not just renewal, super early renewal.  Way to go, Show.  

Marked difference from what they did with The Dresden Files years ago where, I kid you not, they never even told the cast it was canceled.   Just aired the 13 episode series, didn't put out a press release about cancelation and whereas everyone involved did figure it out, they just let the cast contracts quietly expire without ever having officially told any of them "Yeah, that show was canceled" and only then did the officially announce "Oh yeah, we aren't renewing that."  

Admittedly, it was not a good adaptation of The Dresden Files books, but still good for The Magicians and good for Syfy for apparently developed more professional standards since back then. 

Edited by stillshimpy
  • Love 1

So, I'm not exactly sure how this works, but will the Magicians have a Season 1 dvd released? Do all SyFy shows get dvd releases? I mean since it's coming back for a Season 2, that's a pretty good sign, right?

grandemocha, there was actually a commercial that aired during the finale that advertised the first season DVDs as being available on ...I think it was July 19?  Definitely a date in July of this year.

Excellent news, thanks! I tried asking the official twitter and didn't get a response. Looking forward to the release in July!

Syfy promo (it's just about S1 being available on demand and online, but I feel like the fact that they're putting any effort into promoting the show during the off season is a positive sign):

Per IGN, S1 is uncensored (meaning no bleeped out curse words) on Syfy:

S1 recap (Elliot: "Drink, drink, drink, drink, drink"):

• Love 3

Magical Mixology aka drinks inspired by The Magicians (Eliot and Margo would definitely approve in theory, but let's be real - would Eliot's signature cocktail be green? HELL NO!):

Kady's Battle Magic:

Julia's Revenge Served Cold:

Eliot's signature cocktail:

Dean Fogg's Bee'N Key:

Jason Ralph, Stella Maeve, Olivia Taylor Dudley, And Arjun Gupta on Build (starts with a S2 promo so feel free to skip the first two minutes):

More magic, more problems:

What all the critics are talking about:

Sometimes the FB link for the tutting video in the above post doesn't work for me, so here's the youtube version just in case:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

He likes to give out fake spoilers so I take everything he says with a grain of salt. But this show is also crazy so I can totally picture the others walking through the woods and then finding Penny with a unicorn (and their various facial expressions when they realize what he's doing).

• Love 1