Type keyword(s) to search

The Magicians In The Media

According to one of the articles about the S3 renewal, ratings for The Magicians have been even better this season:

the series is averaging a 0.32 rating in the 18-49 demo and 810,000 viewers, according to Nielsen live-plus-same day numbers — up 9.4% in the demo and 4.5% in viewers from season one.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 9:49 AM, doram said:

Or just watch the show without "fuck" bleeped out!

I'm really enjoying binging on the 'uncensored' version. Is it just me, or did some scenes get edited (not just the language) on the SyFy run?

360 tour of the Montjac:

Supercut: Eliot & Margo's best moments from S2:

This is not an official video from SYFY but some guy shot footage of the boat used as the Montjac while it was at the dock in British Columbia:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Magical Mixology: The Great CockTail:

Royal Advice with Eliot and Margo: Quarter Life Crisis:

2017 Comic Con panel:

Olivia Taylor Dudley (Alice), Stelle Maeve (Julia) and Jason Ralph (Quentin) discuss secrets, stunts, and magic spells in S3:

The cast talks about tutting/spell casting:

Hale & Summer on best lines in S3, the transformation of Eliot's hair, Margo being southern:

Stella Maeve, Jason Ralph, Sera Gamble, and John McNamara discuss S3, cast pranks, and what magic powers they wish they had (New York Comic Con 2017):

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Jason Ralph + Harry Potter (really just a glorified ad for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but I totally don’t care because he is obviously super into it!):

That was geek heaven--Quentin visiting the WWoHP!  I smiled my way through the entire video. :-)
Also, smart marketing as SyFy is a Comcast channel and Comcast owns Universal Studios.  Why not bring together the two magical IPs?  Makes perfect sense.

22 hours ago, ProudMary said:

This S4 promo is fabulous.

Wow...I hope they can make it work...it seems like a gamble, but so far everything has been played very cleverly, so I'm mostly optimistic. On the one hand, stories with the same old characters living in the same old situations can get pretty stale after the first seasons of even the best shows. Reinventing the bulk of the surroundings as this show has done over the first three seasons has kept it fresh, but because the characters remain consistent there's still a comfortable familiarity there. Reinventing the situations along with the characters just seems risky. I can't wait to see what they do with it, though...

• Love 4

The Best and Worst Television Moments of 2018 as chosen by io9 at Gizmodo.  I could not agree more with one of their choices, which was, to me, the best hour of episodic television on my screen this year.

"A Life in the Day,” The Magicians

Our deputy editor Jill Pantozzi called this The Magicians episode “its version of Star Trek: The Next Generation’s ‘The Inner Light.’” And she’s absolutely right. “A Life in the Day” is one of the most beautiful TV episodes of 2018, and is worth watching even if you’re not a fan of The Magicians. The somewhat bottleneck episode takes us through decades of friendship, heartbreak, and love between Quentin and Eliot, as they live an entire lifetime together in pursuit of a quest key. It was a beautifully emotional episode that also explored queer relationships and male companionship in a way we rarely see on television. In short: It destroyed us.

• Love 10

I'm practically counting down the days for the Season 4 premiere. This show does so many things well. It works as a fantasy show, a show about friendship, it addresses serious issues and character development in the dialogue and actions in absolutely beautiful ways. I wish that they released all the episodes at once. Anyone else looking forward to the new season?

• Love 2
On 12/30/2018 at 2:38 PM, AuntieMame said:

I'm practically counting down the days for the Season 4 premiere. This show does so many things well. It works as a fantasy show, a show about friendship, it addresses serious issues and character development in the dialogue and actions in absolutely beautiful ways. I wish that they released all the episodes at once. Anyone else looking forward to the new season?

Well if you’re like me, they do on Netflix 😂. I don’t have cable so I have to wait until the entire season shows up online. I will agree with you, I love this show. At the beginning, I wasnt super into it-mainly bc of Quentin. But all the characters have shown such growth. I hope next season has more of them together working to save Eliot. It’s going to be weird having Eliot not in the mix of trying to save everyone...

• Love 2
On 12/30/2018 at 3:38 PM, AuntieMame said:

Anyone else looking forward to the new season?

I've been watching it creep closer and closer on my scheduled recordings. I decided not to watch any previews, but I did today just watch the Season 3 in 3.5 above. For some reason, I remember pretty much everything that happened up through episode 11 (23), and then the final two episodes are very fuzzy in my memory. I think tonight will be a visit to Netflix to watch the end of last season again just so I'm not all "what the heck happened again???" when I watch 4-1 tomorrow.