Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Robinson Crusoe's Guide To Island Survival Not Included

(edited)

Yeah, I was wondering if they "caught" the caiman after it had been already  caught, had it's mouth taped up, and then let go again.   Because there's no way in hell a TV network would assume liability for someone getting killed or maimed by a wild animal.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

I would never have guessed any part of a crocodile was edible, so that's what surprised me the most. The whole time they spent catching it then debating about it I kept wondering what they even wanted it for.

(edited)

They should have killed the caiman right away. It seemed inhumane to tie it up and carry it from its legs on a pole. Maybe they didn't have a knife….then they sit around and debate it while it the poor thing this all tied up panicking . I hope they killed it right away and then staged the debate. One of the camera hotties (not Benji) seemed a little too happy while killing it…creepy but he still looked good (not as good as Benji).

I can't believe they fed dickhead Jim and thug Dakota (stealing firewood and acting self righteous about it)--what a prick! I can totally imagine him partying at college….dickhead…the two dickheads hang together and were lucky the others "carried" them (fed and watered them)

They camera men and doc were the best. Doc is a hottie who also seems like a good guy.

edit: it does seem like the show ended early and what about after the island when they have to eat small portions of bland food and they meet up with the injured castmates? The UK show included that stuff.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 3

ITA, Vicky8675309.  I could not watch the caiman bit - not just because of the killing, but for the totally unnecessary stress and terror that poor creature must have endured being trussed up for God only knows how long while these numbnuts debated and pontificated.  That was torture - for the animal and for me (especially listening to Big Jim; who needs a waterboard?).

• Love 1
(edited)

I might try to get Benji to post here.

Or come visit me at my house ... heh. Would love to know what show he is working on now, and in the future. I'm there to watch, even if he isn't on camera.

I wondered about the caiman not thrashing its tail, but maybe with its eyes covered, it wouldn't fight to get loose. Cover a horse's eyes and you can lead it anywhere it didn't want to go when it could see.

One of the camera hotties (not Benji) seemed a little too happy while killing it…creepy but he still looked good (not as good as Benji).

He said he wanted to do that so he would think of it every time he went into a grocery store. I appreciated what he was saying. If everyone actually SAW how those pork chops and steaks got into those cellophane packages, our eating habits could change radically. It was about knowing where our food comes from and appreciating the source, and giving thanks for it.

I wondered if the show ended early or didn't do a follow up like in UK because ratings were not that great? Or they were only granted X episodes so had to pack it all into the allowed amount of time.

Would love to see a show of what those guys are doing now.

I wonder if Jim b*tched out Dakota for making his living raising/selling pheasants that are used for hunting/killing/eating.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the realty shows Benji worked on is nominated for an Emmy.. I will get more info. I think it's was on the National Geographic channel.

Eta: Life Below Zero

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1