Type keyword(s) to search

Sharon Goodwin/S. Epatha Merkerson: Once A Boss, Always A Boss!

• Start Topic

Dick Wolf must have liked the way Merkerson's Anita Van Buren ruled the 27th precinct since her Sharon Goodwin now runs the hospital.  :-)  At least it won't be a total alien concept here!

• Love 5

S. Epatha Merkerson is a great edition to this show in fact for now I only watch this show for her & I think she'll do great here like she did on Law & Order at least I'll know one person in this show.

• Love 1

I'm not familiar with this actress, but so far I like the character...for one thing, she's no Lisa Cuddy (from House). She dresses appropriately, doesn't take nonsense from anyone, yet is still down to earth and able to connect. 

• Love 2

I'm not familiar with this actress, but so far I like the character...for one thing, she's no Lisa Cuddy (from House). She dresses appropriately, doesn't take nonsense from anyone, yet is still down to earth and able to connect. 

And unlike  Cuddy, she's able to control her doctors.

Did it not seem in the backdoor pilot that Goodwin was a senior doctor in an administrative position? I'm not sure why, but I had the impression that she was a doctor. I'm not getting a doctor vibe from her at all within the show proper. (I don't think I've heard reference to her as "Dr. Goodwin.")

The mention of Cuddy is evoking terrifying flashbacks of Cuddy's pink angora horrowshow wardrobe. Please make them stop!

I thought from the pilot that she was an administrator and not a doctor, and I'm very glad she is. 

Francis Galton who 150 years ago argued that genius means you're good at everything but most doctors I know are terrible at administration. They can barely manage their office staff much less a whole hospital, and a hospital is a huge responsibility.  The cost of the antibiotic hand wash alone at my local hospital is $1 million a year and there are a lot of departments and budgets to manage.

(I think the worst Cuddy outfit, other than the schoolgirl pole dancer, was the day she forgot to wear a shirt and you could see the lace peeking between her blazer and all that skin.)

• Love 1

I believe that Sharon is an

RN(registered nurse)

via spoilers & interviews w/ Epatha that I've watched. Up until I read/watched everything I just thought that her character was just an administrator because to me that's all she has acted like so far. I think it's interesting that she's got a nursing background & I'm really the writers let her use it on the show.

Also

Sharon & Dr. Charles have a history together he knows her husband

who we have yet to meet.

I believe that Sharon is an

RN(registered nurse)

via spoilers & interviews w/ Epatha that I've watched.

It says so on the nameplate next to her office door, so I don't think this is a spoiler ;-)

Yeah that's right I didn't think about that before I wrote that & I didn't even realize that was there until I saw a gif of that, but still I was just being polite because some people don't like spoilers in non spoiler threads. Thanks for letting me know.

(edited)

Well I'm so glad that Sharon finally got a storyline even if it was little..but man I was so sad for her and I don't like her husband at all even though we haven't met him yet, but I can tell already he's a jerk..ugh I can't believe he did that to her and told her she doesn't make him happy..I'm so glad that Maggie came by to check on her I was actually afraid something happened.

Edited by ESS
  • Love 1

Yes, I knew something was up. Recall all the talk about him wanting to travel and then her wanting the psychiatrist to join her, her husband and a guest, due to the fact that her husband was not talking much.  Something was very off.  I wonder if he has a brain tumor or dementia.  That might be too similar to Grey's A. though.  I wonder if they just want her character to be free to explore relationships.  I can see that.  I really like her as an actress and generally, any role that she plays. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yes, I knew something was up. Recall all the talk about him wanting to travel and then her wanting the psychiatrist to join her, her husband and a guest, due to the fact that her husband was not talking much.  Something was very off.  I wonder if he has a brain tumor or dementia.  That might be too similar to Grey's A. though.  I wonder if they just want her character to be free to explore relationships.  I can see that.  I really like her as an actress and generally, any role that she plays. 

Yeah I remember that too..and maybe he does have something wrong with him that'd be an interesting route to go with him..and again yes maybe they want her to be free to be in other relationships..anything can happen, I can't wait to see what does happen with her character because I'm pretty sure it'll be great. She's definitely a great actress.

• Love 2
On 2016-05-18 at 5:51 PM, ESS said:

Well I'm so glad that Sharon finally got a storyline even if it was little..but man I was so sad for her and I don't like her husband at all even though we haven't met him yet, but I can tell already he's a jerk..ugh I can't believe he did that to her and told her she doesn't make him happy..I'm so glad that Maggie came by to check on her I was actually afraid something happened.

Is Bert going to be Chicago Med's version of Maris Crane? Unseen, but clearly unpleasant and severe?

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Is Bert going to be Chicago Med's version of Maris Crane? Unseen, but clearly unpleasant and severe?

I have no idea, but I hope not because that would be pretty stupid. I hate characters that are like that. (that are unseen that is not the other thing)