Type keyword(s) to search

SPN Scenes And Episodes That Make You Smile

• Start Topic

1. Baby - Dean, Sam Dean being badass and their home Baby.

2. Faith - the episode that hooked me.

3. Mystery Spot - just a great episode

4. Just my imagination - just because I got it. 

5. In My Time of Dying - The boys were wonderful 

6. Hollywood Babylon - love that Dean loved being a PA

7. What Is and What Should Never Be - Such a sad episode, but love it just the same

and Lazurus Rising but I can't have 8.

Edited by Diane
  • Love 4

This was really hard, but I had to mostly go for episodes from S2 when they didn't take themselves too seriously, but could still be serious from time to time. But, looking at this list, man do I miss the endless road trip. ;)

1. In My Time of Dying
  2. The Usual Suspects
  3. Nightshifter
  4. Born Under a Bad Sign
  5. Folsom Prison Blues
  6. What Is and What Should Never Be
  7. Mystery Spot
  • Love 2

Oh yeah, the road trips! I loved it when Dean said (paraphrase) "Remember when it was all about hunting Wendigos?"

I love "Yellow Fever", I know, a cliché, but I still love it!

Edited by Mick Lady
I can't spell, but you know that!
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, amensisterfriend said:

Okay, so you're banished to an island for the rest of your life---but, lucky for you, it's one that happens to be equipped with a DVD player :) You're allowed to bring just SEVEN episodes of this show with you. Which do you pick---and why?! 

Just seven? That's so so wrong... and difficult. I'll do my best, but there's going to be really tough choices to make. Also the list is going to be unusually later season heavy... mostly because I've seen so the early seasons more and so the later ones are ones I'd want to be seeing a few more times presently.

In chronological order...

1) Mystery Spot - I love this episode. There are many laughs, and many feels for me here. Sam's rawly emotional hug at the end is my favorite hug between the brothers.
2) Changing Channels - This one makes me laugh every time.
3) Slash Fiction - There is so much for me to love in this episode. Leviathan Sam and Dean, Bobby vs Chet, Dean lip-snyching to "All Out of Love," the introduction of Frank, Sam's deadpan "Thanks" after Frank smashes his computer and gives him a new one, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner," My Little Pony's last mournful squeak... I could go on and on.
4) Fan Fiction - I love this one from the Gordon Lightfoot beginning to Baby zipping down the highway at the end.
5) Baby - speaking of Baby... this episode worked for me. Kick ass Dean, Sam reafirming Baby as his "home," and Dean once again taking an inappropriate interest in Sam's love-life, affirming that all is well in Winchester brotherhood land. Good times, good times.
6) Just My Imagination - what can I say? I loved the idea of the Zanna, even that they were not perfect. They were childlike in some ways, and like the angels, even when they meant well, they perhaps weren't always right in their decisions or the ways they helped. I'm okay with that. It made them more complex for me. And I loved Sully as a character. And that scene with dead Sparkle? So, so wrong, yet also so funny for me. Apparently I love that kind of humor, and I love when SPN is that way.
7) Safe House - Really great episode for me. I loved how both Sam and Dean and Bobby and Rufus worked together to solve the mystery. The story was innovative and satisfying, and both Sam and Dean kicked ass.

Honorable mentions:
The French Mistake - don't think I need to explain my love of this one. ; )
Out With the Old - I know: weird choice, but I find this entire episode amusing. Almost all of the bit characters here I like - even the bad guys.
Don't Call Me Shurley - What can I say? Apparently I loved season 11, and this episode worked for me. Sam and Dean did what they do best, and Metatron somehow managed to get through to Chuck and yet still remain a great big bag of dicks (TM Gabriel) at the same time. I loved Chuck's turn-around here, and the end montage was effective for me.

Okay apparently I needed to take 10 episodes... I mean really which of the above could I kick off the island? It was already tough enough kicking off "Nightshifter" for "Out With the Old" - a move I'm sure many would side-eye... I think it was mostly because I've seen "Nightshifter" so many times. Still it was hard to give it up *insert Sam epic bitchface from that episode here.*

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 4

Interesting to see you mention Nightshifter, as that's one of my favorites that I had to cut as well.  I dropped it simply because the Renegade finale is such a perfect build into more.  It's one of those episodes that I can't stop on.  I have to watch Houses right after, or maybe skip Houses and go right to Bad Sign or Tall Tales.  Can't have an episode like that on my desert island.  It would drive me mad. :)

• Love 2
On 12/30/2016 at 2:46 PM, amensisterfriend said:

Okay, so you're banished to an island for the rest of your life---but, lucky for you, it's one that happens to be equipped with a DVD player :) You're allowed to bring just SEVEN episodes of this show with you. Which do you pick---and why?! 

1. Nightshifter - As perfect as an episode of Supernatural can get.  I can watch it over and over again.
2. Tall Tales - Downright hilarious, and the debut of The Trickster.
3. Mystery Spot - Funny episode.
4. Changing Channels - Hilarious episode, and yeah I'm a Trickster fan.
5. Fan-Fiction - All around entertaining episode, and the songs are catchy.
6. Don't Call Me Shurley - Slower than the other episodes, but the Chuck and Metatron scenes are great.
7. Bugs - Cause darnit, I'm a fan of that episode, and nobody else will choose it.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

Lordy, only seven? That's like "Sophie's Choice". But since the episodes are supposed to make you smile, the list becomes a little easier for me since I love the drama/myth arc more. So here we are:

1. Wishful Thinking

2. Mystery Spot

3. French Mistake

4. Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie

5. Slash Fiction

6. Fan Fiction

7. Baby

I think all of those episodes have some comedy gold in them and they do make me smile. :)

• Love 2

1.  Meet the New Boss - The Winchesters enslave Death - never gets old - very creative.

2.  Survival of the Fittest - Crowley - "Text me when Sparkles (Castiel) gets his marbles back."

3.  Wishful Thinking - I kneel to Todd.

4.  Ghostfacers - Some people want to see the Grand Canyon before they die - Dean wants to visit the Morton House. Classic haunted house.

5.  The Devil You Know - establishes Crowley as a major character.  He comes back to save the boys with his large hell hound - saying his moto - "I am invested...currently."

6.  Lazarus Rising - I also kneel down to Castiel.

7.  Clap your hands - the moment that the fairy and Dean realize that Dean's gun is across the room and it is now a fair fight.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RandomMe said:

You all keep naming episodes I love -- I may have to rethink my list.

I say we all go to the island together. If we each get seven episodes then we should be able to cover them all between us.

Take that @amensisterfriend, you and your Sophie's Choice lists can "eat me!" ;)

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

I say all go to the island together. If we each get seven episodes then we should be able to cover them all between us.

Take that @amensisterfriend, you and your Sophie's Choice lists can "eat me!" ;)

Good plan, but I don't think I'd trust anyone to borrow my copy of "Supernatural Christmas" :)

• Love 2