Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Michael Strahan vs. Hoda Kotb

True but I still found the best part of this battle was the preview for next week. 

Both seemed to have some syncing issues where they just forgot to sing.  Michael relied on the BBD cameo.  Hoda relied on just being so freakin' happy to be there.  They seem nice but I found it all kind of blah except for the fact that the chosen songs were good and danceable at home.

• Love 2

Okay, why was Hoda on there?? I don't think she's part of the same demographic of persons who watch LSB. I felt like I was watching my mother.

• Love 1

This was definitely the weakest episode so far.  The lip syncing was never in sync, and the quality of celebrity was a definite step down.  (I mean, we went from an A-list action star, the host of The Tonight Show, an Academy Award winner, a couple of rising-star actresses, a popular co-star of a buzz-worthy sitcom, and Mike frikkin' Tyson to.... a couple of daytime talk show second-chairs.  Bit of a drop, is all I'm sayin'....)

And there's just something... wrong about Kathy Lee's drinking buddy singing about how she likes big butts and cannot lie.

• Love 1
(edited)

This was the weakest battle so far, but it was evenly matched.  Hoda was better at the lip sync, but Strahan had more crowd appeal.  I agree with the ruling on this one.  Hoda was doing a better job in both rounds.  Strahan looked like he was eating the mic when he did it.  Strahan was doing better in round 2 until BBD came out.  Then he just stopped lip syncing altogether. 

The best parts of this episode were the song choices (all were easy to sing along), and having BBD come out there and lip sync their own song.  As far as cameos go, they did better than JLo by far.  They lip synced and did the dance for their song.  They should have one the battle. 

Next week looks promising.  Merchant's battle is already a happy time.

Edited by phane00

I thought Strahan doing poison was really bad. It was like he barely knew the words. Especially because the Turk lip sync of that song from Scrubs was fresh in my mind when it was in King of Disparate TV Mountain (he was so damn talented).

• Love 1

This was definitely the weakest episode so far.  The lip syncing was never in sync, and the quality of celebrity was a definite step down.  (I mean, we went from an A-list action star, the host of The Tonight Show, an Academy Award winner, a couple of rising-star actresses, a popular co-star of a buzz-worthy sitcom, and Mike frikkin' Tyson to.... a couple of daytime talk show second-chairs.  Bit of a drop, is all I'm sayin'....)

I guess it depends how you define celeb but in terms of recognition factor, I'd say that Michael Strahan and Hoda are arguably more well known than Terry Crewes or any of the people who are going to be on next week and yet I think next week will be epic.

I think what disappointed me was the quality of the performance was so poor.  I know Michael and Kelly do a lot of skits so I was surprised how bland his final performance was.

In terms of performances, I would rate Michael and Hoda above the performances given by Mike Tyson.  Terry Crews made the episode last week watchable.  I thought both were fine in the first round but Strahan lost energy or something in the second.  Still overall enjoyable.