Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

You Can't Handle the Truth

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Clap Your Hands If You Believe

Edited by SueB

I'm killing "Live Free or Twihard", and I'm not really sorry either. I'm sure someone will give the episode a nice eulogy, but that won't be me. I said my piece about the episode in the episode thread. It didn't find a consistent enough voice / point of view for me to enjoy it greatly.

-- Live Free or Twihard

-- The Man Who Would Be King

+ The Man Who Knew Too Much

14 - Frontierland
14 - Appointment in Samarra
13 - Weekend at Bobby's
13 - The French Mistake
11- The Man Who Would Be King
10 - Mommy Dearest
06 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

In flagrante with the King of Hell
All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Mannequin 3: The Reckoning
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

It's going to get harder for me from here on out. I really like a  lot of the episodes left, and many of my favorites left aren't as beloved as other episodes left, so it's likely going to be a tough choice trying to decide which one to try to save.

Edited by AwesomO4000

I liked "Live Free or Twihard", despite the ease with which the vampire cure was put into effect (although obviously that was inevitable). I enjoyed Dean's turn as a vampire, and even though I disliked the whole scene with him getting caught trying to see Lisa, her lack of understanding was the plot contrivance that annoyed more than the other. But the awfulness of Sam letting Dean get turned, the Alpha Vamp's "message", and Dean clearing out the nest with that machete -- wow, yeah, this ep actually had a lot to recommend.

+ Fronteirland

+ The Man Who Would Be King

-- The Man Who Knew Too Much

15 - Frontierland

13 - Weekend at Bobby's

13 - The French Mistake

12 - The Man Who Would Be King

10 - Mommy Dearest

04 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Unforgiven

Like a Virgin

Family Matters

And Then There Were None

Let it Bleed

Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

I thought Jensen and Jared gave good performances in Live Free or Twihard but the episode didn't really do it for me.  I don't know, this is probably just me being a sap but I didn't enjoy the soulless Sam story--I felt too bad for Dean the whole time.  Live Free was especially painful--watching Dean suffer while Sam no longer gave a shit about him. 

+ Weekend at Bobby's

+The Man Who Knew Too Much

--The French Mistake

15 - Frontierland
14 - Weekend at Bobby's
12 - The Man Who Would Be King

11 - The French Mistake
10 - Mommy Dearest
05 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

TMWWBK --

Appointment +

Frontierland --

15 - Appointment in Samarra
14 - Weekend at Bobby's

13 - Frontierland

11 - The French Mistake

10 - The Man Who Would Be King
10 - Mommy Dearest
05 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

Edited by amensisterfriend

-- Frontierland

14 - Weekend at Bobby's

11 - Frontierland

11 - The French Mistake

10 - Mommy Dearest

09 - The Man Who Would Be King
03 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

Okay I'm starting to get nervous about Frontierland.  So here is my plea. 

I think it was the best overall episode of s6 because IMO it had a perfect blend of drama, humor, some angst and mystery. 

The guest actors were all excellent

Everyone had an important role to the mission even if it went sideways whilst they were in the past.  Dean and Sam were partners here again. Bobby had to endure the soulenoscopy, Castiel had to mess around with differential equations and use Bobby's soul for the energy to send the boys back in time which could have killed both Cas and Bobby.  The Phoenix was a great character as was Samuel Colt.  The bartender was hilarious.

Dean was in his element even as he realized that he had romanticized the Olde West but he adapted. Sam making fun of Dean for his geekiness was typical and partly funny and partly annoying but that didn't stop Dean from having some fun for 5 freaking minutes and Geek!Dean is always one of my favorites.

The episode actually meant something to the Eve arc and was tied into the dragon episode because they needed to use the gold from the dragon's lair as currency for the time.  And it was tied to Mommie Dearest with the ashes used as the way to kill Eve.

The opening credit sequence was perfectly Western with perfect Western movie music

A dual at High NOON! .... a DUAL. AT. HIGH. NOON.

Sam and Dean in cowboy hats. Sam. and Dean..in. COWBOY HATS

Sam on a horse.

I love posse. I'm a Posse Magnet will never not be funny to me. NEVER

Dean bonded in a way with the Phoenix which made me sad when he had to kill him. Sam bonded with Samuel Colt despite being disappointed with him.   I love that Samuel Colt figured out to mail Sam the ashes.  And I love the gag that the bottle of ashes  were at the notFedEx for 150 years.  Soooo great.

TIME TRAVEL!

Did I mention Sam and Dean in cowboy clothes but Dean in a Stetson and the duster.  WHEWWWW?

Thanks for hearing my case.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I second your case, catrox14. "Frontierland" was a fun episode that made progress on the plot without being horribly depressing or frustratingly annoying.

I love posse. I'm a Posse Magnet will never not be funny to me. NEVER

That scene is way more hilarious than it has any right to be.

Edited by RandomMe

Sorry.  Appointment in Samarra is the best episode of the season for me; Weekend at Bobby's is my favorite.

Appointment in Samarra +

Weekend at Bobby's +

Frontierland --

16 - Appointment in Samarra
15 - Weekend at Bobby's
11 - The French Mistake
10 - Mommy Dearest

09 - Frontierland

09 - The Man Who Would Be King

03 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

• Love 1

Appointment in Samarra for me is the 3rd best episode. I put the Man Who Would Be King as the 2nd best episode. I like Frontierland more because it was a breath of fresh air and really creative use of time travel. It was the refreshing better pause than French Mistake before ALL the angst of the last few episodes

• Love 1

For me "Appointment in Samarra" was a good episode and an important one, but enjoyment-wise I have it about 5th on my list. I get why Death believed he had to teach Dean a lesson in not messing with the natural order, but the way the lesson was taught was a slight bit cliched and a whole lot of depressing. Also it was somewhat cruel of Death to say that Dean could only have one soul saved. It wouldn't have been that difficult to have Death say that he could release both souls, but only bring one back. It seems to me that it's against the natural order that Adam's soul would be kept in the cage rather than moved on properly, and that should poke at Death's "natural order of things" as well (especially since Adam didn't really choose to be there), so feh on that I say. There were also some contrivances with soulless Sam's plot, though not about why he wouldn't want his soul as that was well done. Why Balthazar would want to get involved though, I wasn't convinced.

My top 5 would be "Frontierland," "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and "Weekend at Bobby's" (those two flip flop depending on my mood), "Mommy Dearest", and then "Appointment in Samarra" followed closely by / maybe flip-flopping with "The Man Who Would Be King." But apparently, I'm weird in terms of my favorites.

I've been fighting for my TMWKTM to stay a while longer even though that's a losing cause it seems. And now that "Live Free..." is gone, I have another vote to use... (psst - and I can be bribed.)

Sam making fun of Dean for his geekiness was typical and partly funny and partly annoying but that didn't stop Dean from having some fun for 5 freaking minutes and Geek!Dean is always one of my favorites.

Aw, I thought Sam was generally awesome here about Dean's geekiness. Look how he even put on the clothes Dean brought him with only little complaint - and look what Dean made him wear: bright white to go back in time to a likely messy / fighting situation? Sam was also indulgent about Dean ordering him sarsaparilla (and heh how that backfired on Dean). There was plenty of fun-making going around on both guys' parts, so I wasn't annoyed here by Sam at all. And I don't blame Sam about the stepping in horse crap either. (Actually Sam was much more indulgent than I would have been. Unlike many young women, I was never enamored of horses... actually my description of a horse is "large animal that can step on you" (or kick you) and in Sam's place I would've been saying "no way, nah uh, not getting on that horse. Forget it," for at least a little bit - then been scared out of my mind while actually having to ride it.) And of course Sam bitch-faced about Dean's "posse" stuff. Dean would be disappointed if he didn't. And well he's Sam, so... He got better about those kinds of jokes in season 7 though (and had some nice Dick jokes to prove it... 12 year old me approved).

Oh and Dean also deserved the fun-poking about the "monkey movies." I could just imagine Dean choosing one of those for "movie night" and then saying the dialogue along with it all movie long and driving Sam crazy. I kind of loved that exchange

Oh don't get me wrong. I thought most of Sams teasing about Deans geekiness was not mean spirited and it wasn't like I was mad at Sam or anything. I just would like sometimes for Sam and Bobby for that matter just just let Dean be a geek without rolling their eyes at him. Re: the whiteshirt IMO looked great. At least Dean didn't make him wear the blanket!

Oh don't get me wrong. I thought most of Sams teasing about Deans geekiness was not mean spirited and it wasn't like I was mad at Sam or anything. I just would like sometimes for Sam and Bobby for that matter just just let Dean be a geek without rolling their eyes at him. Re: the whiteshirt IMO looked great. At least Dean didn't make him wear the blanket!

Ah, and nah, then the writers would have to let Sam not have a stick up his butt. Not likely going to happen much, though as I said I was pleasantly surprised in season 7... until they took back all of season 7 Sam's "zen" and then some. That didn't last long. Thanks a lot, show.

And the white shirt did look pretty good - though I generally think Sam looks best in blue - but my main point was that it was entirely impractical. It's not like they were going to have time to get to a laundromat - which wouldn't exist - on their trip. Realistically Sam should have been a dusty, smeared mess by the end of that trip... which I like to think was part of sneaky Dean's intention... all the more to have the ladies notice him (which amusingly backfired also.) And that "blanket" could have been  practical * ; ) . Dean got rid of it too soon.

* It would've at least been a nice horse blanket potentially.

It all boils down to our perspective on voting.  Do we vote for our favorites or the episodes that are objectively "the best"?

I have a top 3 for S6, then everything else.  Like I said, Weekend at Bobby's is my favorite episode -- but I think that, objectively, Appointment in Samarra is a better episode.  (No offense to Jensen's directorial debut.)  The French Mistake is a distant third.

Frontierland is not a bad episode in my mind, but it didn't live up to the promise.  Like Yellow Fever, I felt bad for the "monster" -- which taints the episode for me.

I happen to think Frontierland is objectively a better episode than Samarra and TMWWBK because I thought it had the right balance of everything. It might not be as dramatic as Samarra or angst heavy as TMWWBK but I think it was objectively the best episode overall.

I don't think feeling sorry for the monster takes away the effectiveness of the episode. I think here the idea was for us to feel some sympathy for the Phoenix and his wife. It was kind of tragic. But they had bigger fish to fry and the Phoenix had to go so they could kill Eve.

Edited by catrox14

Quality-wise, I'd also say Appointment in Samarra seems the strongest of the season. While not perfect, there was a solid A and B story running concurrently that could have been individual episodes too, the pacing was good and the performances hold up. However, I enjoy watching Weekend at Bobby's far more, but not sure it really holds up the same in terms of story. For me Frontierland had a lot of potential, but seems to be far less than I hoped it to be. I didn't feel it was all that creative, when it's all said and done, but string of basic cliched jokes that I've seen more times than I care to think about. There are some good moments I cherish and I enjoy the episode enough, but I wouldn't put it up at the top of the season. It's very similar to how I feel about Yellow Fever, The French Mistake, Dog Dean Afternoon--they're fun silly one-offs and I never skip 'em, but they also wouldn't make my top 10 or even top 20 list.

S6 is really hard, IMO. There's so much potential, but when it was all said and done, I'm not sure anything really happened. There are lots of little moments I cherish, but there's only two or maybe three episodes I feel lived up to their potential in the end.

• Love 1

Kind of tragic?  His wife was raped and murdered.  Then, after he deals out some "old west" justice of his own, he's murdered.  Dean never apologizes or explains, just says, "I gotta kill you."  Not the actions of a hero in my book.  *shrug*  A fault of the writing.

Quality-wise, I'd also say Appointment in Samarra seems the strongest of the season. While not perfect, there was a solid A and B story running concurrently that could have been individual episodes too, the pacing was good and the performances hold up. However, I enjoy watching Weekend at Bobby's far more, but not sure it really holds up the same in terms of story. For me Frontierland had a lot of potential, but seems to be far less than I hoped it to be. I didn't feel it was all that creative, when it's all said and done, but string of basic cliched jokes that I've seen more times than I care to think about. There are some good moments I cherish and I enjoy the episode enough, but I wouldn't put it up at the top of the season. It's very similar to how I feel about Yellow Fever, The French Mistake, Dog Dean Afternoon--they're fun silly one-offs and I never skip 'em, but they also wouldn't make my top 10 or even top 20 list.

S6 is really hard, IMO. There's so much potential, but when it was all said and done, I'm not sure anything really happened. There are lots of little moments I cherish, but there's only two or maybe three episodes I feel lived up to their potential in the end.

Betcha couldn't see this coming -- I couldn't agree more.

• Love 1

I disagree that Dean didn't have any sympathy for the Phoenix. When Finch told his story of stopping his wife's attackers and the both of them being shot, I thought Dean was showing sympathy in his reaction. But the bottom line is Dean couldn't let him live since they needed his ashes to kill a bigger bad. I think Dean had some respect for him which is why he told him he was going to have to kill him and why he did it in a duel vs just ganking him straight up.

It doesn't make it a lot better but I'm pretty sure Finch' wife was not raped but she was definitely assaulted. And yes it was tragic which is why I said it was.

Edited by catrox14

Kind of tragic?  His wife was raped and murdered.  Then, after he deals out some "old west" justice of his own, he's murdered.  Dean never apologizes or explains, just says, "I gotta kill you."  Not the actions of a hero in my book.  *shrug*  A fault of the writing.

You make an interesting argument there (though I also agree with catrox14 as well). Unfortunately that sadly just makes me like "The Man Who Knew Too Much" more. Crap.

Quality-wise, I'd also say Appointment in Samarra seems the strongest of the season. While not perfect, there was a solid A and B story running concurrently that could have been individual episodes too, the pacing was good and the performances hold up.

I'm likely on my own here, but for me, this is what "The Man Who Knew Too Much" did. I enjoyed that as the beginning was happening, I didn't know what was going on. I liked the mystery and watching it unfold in all of its awful glory - both in terms of what Castiel had done and in the total awful of what soulless Sam had done. I liked that even though Dean was upset over Sam and totally crushed over Castiel's betrayal, that when push came to shove, he left Sam behind, put aside his feelings for Castiel, and decided to do what had to be done. He was the sacrificing hero there, and Bobby was at least mostly supportive of Dean's dilemma.

The musical selection was great - I always like when they incorporate interesting and unexpected Rolling Stones songs - and I like how it connected he brothers even though Sam was unconscious. I loved that Sam knew where he was by the "atmosphere" his body was in and that he knew that Dean was probably worried and trying to get him back. I loved that soulless Sam was an arrogant, delusional ass, and that that's what caused his demise, thereby proving he wasn't the "great hunter" he kept saying he was. I loved that Sam decided he had to continue on rather than give up, because he's "not leaving his brother alone out there." I loved that Dean trusted in / believed in Sam enough to get himself back that he left the address and the gun. I love that Dean still thought he could talk Castiel down and that despite everything that happened, he didn't want to lose Castiel too - and/or that he needed to talk Castiel down and so was willing to use that. Dean is complex here and it could go either way, and each time I watch, I'm torn as to which thing I'm seeing, because it could be either or both.

And then there's all the little things on top of that. All the Castiel / Crowley interaction. "Flee or die." Raphael getting cocky and thereby getting killed by scary Castiel (I found that "Now, what's the matter, Raphael? Somebody clip your wings?" one of the creepiest, most unnerving things Castiel ever said.) Dean's "T-Rex maybe?" when the demons were shaking the puddle. Crowley actually getting played - how often does that happen? - and it was awesome.

And to top it off, it was a great set up to the season 7 opening. (One of my favorite finale/opening combos - along with the season 1 - 2 which is my favorite and  3/4 - as often I like one more than the other).

So that's my plug for "The Man Who Knew Too Much" and it can serve as an early eulogy for it when it'll likely get eliminated before my vote time.

Edited by AwesomO4000

I have very little sentiment about this season, so I'll kill of almost any of the eps without much regret.  That being said, I liked Weekend at Bobby's the most of the current survivors, so I 'll show it a bit of support.

+ Weekend

-- bottom 2

16 - Weekend at Bobby's
11 - The French Mistake
10 - Mommy Dearest

09 - Frontierland

07 - The Man Who Would Be King

01 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

+Frontierland

--French Mistake

--Mommy Dearest

16 - Weekend at Bobby's

10 - Frontierland

09 - French Mistake

08 - Mommy Dearest

07 - The Man Who Would Be King

01 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Unforgiven

Like a Virgin

Family Matters

And Then There Were None

Let it Bleed

Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

Ehn gotta do it even if it is a losing battle...

+ The Man Who Knew Too Much

-- Appointment in Samarra

16 - Weekend at Bobby's

10 - Frontierland
09 - French Mistake
08 - Mommy Dearest
05 - The Man Who Would Be King
02 - The Man Who Knew Too Much

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

What can I say? I've read all the discussion and while each episode remaining has some remarkable points, only 'Weekend At Bobby's" is as close to flawless as a Supernatural episode gets. Yes, it's not about Sam and Dean, but the story is freaking fantastic IMO.  Still, I'm not hard over.  I really liked Live Free or TwiHard because of the construct of "going there" with Dean a vampire. But Random Me did an excellent eulogy.  I'll save mine for the one I'm knocking off:

The Man Who Knew Too Much is an excellent episode but it feels like part 2 of 5 when it comes to 'finales". Probably more than any other season transition, the "finale" starts with the prior episode and doesn't really finish until about 7.03.  But let me praise it for some of the fantastic elements it provided. First is the Jason Borne like opening.  Sam is a perfect Jason Borne type. He's freaking HUGE, deadly, and smart. I like that they used that model. I also very much loved the use of the bar-tender. I did not see her death coming. I'm so very proud of Sam taking back his hell-damaged self because he wouldn't leave his brother alone out there. I also like how completely OUTCLASSED Bobby and Dean are.  They've gone in with no hope before, but throwing an angel blade at Raphael was about as desperate of a play as they've ever made. An Sam stabbing Cas breaks my heart. Finally Cas is BEYOND CREEPY here. It's a haunting final scene with an amazing cliffhanger.

-- Mommy Dearest

16 - Weekend at Bobby's

10 - Frontierland
09 - French Mistake
06 - Mommy Dearest
03 - The Man Who Would Be King

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Frontierland is not a bad episode in my mind, but it didn't live up to the promise.

This is exactly how I feel.  I was so excited at the thought of them going back to meet Samual Fucking Colt, and then the episode had its cute moments and all, but it was just kind of meh.  Maybe if I rewatched it, I'd like it better.

Both AwesomO4000 and SueB said most of what I like about "The Man Who Knew Too Much."  It's got great Dean and Cas stuff.  Great Sam stuff.  Cas becomes a PISSY SCARY GOD.  Crowley is used effectively and I LOVE how the Rolling Stones' song is weaved in.  Kripke's last hurrah.  It's probably my second favorite ep of the season.  Oh, well, C'est la vie!

+Weekend at Bobby's

+The Man Who Would be King

--Mommy Dearest

17 - Weekend at Bobby's

10 - Frontierland

09 - French Mistake

04 - Mommy Dearest

04 - The Man Who Would Be King

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Unforgiven

Like a Virgin

Family Matters

And Then There Were None

Let it Bleed

Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

• Love 1

I like The Man That Knew Too Much, but kinda feel like it needed to be a two-parter. But then again, that's how I feel about most of their finales. I really like the construct of the episode more than anything and everyone puts out a great performance, IMO.

+ Appointment in Samarra
-- Frontierland

17 - Weekend at Bobby's

08 - Frontierland
09 - French Mistake
04 - Mommy Dearest
02 - The Man Who Would Be King

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

• Love 1

+ Appointment in Samarra
-- Frontierland
-- The French Mistake 

17 - Weekend at Bobby's
07 - French Mistake

06 - Frontierland
04 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

-- Weekend at Bobby's
+ Frontierland

15 - Weekend at Bobby's

07 - Frontierland
07 - French Mistake
04 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

Well count me on Frontierland and I could live if Weekend @ Bobby's won, but French mistake is not in the top 3 for me.  If you can say Frontierland didn't live up to it's potential then French Mistake also failed IMO.  Sure it has it's funny moments but I like the others so much more.  So my vote is easy, anything above Frontierland, I vote down.  I'm okay we don't see eye to eye and this season I don't think we have agreement. 

Actually on Frontierland, I thought it was refreshing that the guy that Dean has to take down wasn't someone you wanted to hate.  It would have been more cliche if he was a bad guy that had to be put to death but for Dean to have to kill a hero for the greater good, that was painful.  Which is why Dean went for the duel.  It was the only way he could give the guy the respect he deserved, but he had to look at the big picture.  He was in a win / lose situation.  If he let the guy live, then his time period suffered and it wasn't just Dean and Sam that would lose, it was everyone they were trying to save.  So maybe it was a bit of deep thought that I admit is usually an accident on this show, but it worked for me.

Everyone has pointed out so greatly why their fav, was so strong.  I think that is the main issue with season 6, it is not a clear cut love all the ep.  But I do think Weekend at Bobby's is one of the best ones directed by Jensen.

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 1

-- Weekend at Bobby's

+ Frontierland

13 - Weekend at Bobby's
12 - Appointment in Samarra
08 - Frontierland
07 - French Mistake
04 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

Weekend at Bobby's +

Appointment in Samarra +

Frontierland --

14 - Weekend at Bobby's
13 - Appointment in Samarra
07 - French Mistake

06 - Frontierland

04 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

+ Weekend

-- Frontierland

Unfortunately, my eulogy for The Man Who Would Be King is to damn it with faint praise:  it wasn't bad, just boring.  Which surprised me at the time, given that it was a Kripke script and directed by Edlund.  While it may have been a necessary table setter for the season finale and to fill in the blanks about the Castiel-Crowley alliance, I found it tedious and I don't think I have ever re-watched it.  However, to end on a more positive note, Misha gave a great performance and everything Dean-Castiel was good.

15 - Weekend at Bobby's
07 - French Mistake

04 - Frontierland

04 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

The Man Who Would Be King

Iguana, on 02 Dec 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Unfortunately, my eulogy for The Man Who Would Be King is to damn it with faint praise:  it wasn't bad, just boring.  Which surprised me at the time, given that it was a Kripke script and directed by Edlund.  While it may have been a necessary table setter for the season finale and to fill in the blanks about the Castiel-Crowley alliance, I found it tedious and I don't think I have ever re-watched it.  However, to end on a more positive note, Misha gave a great performance and everything Dean-Castiel was good.

Actually, The Man Who Would Be King was both directed and written by Edlund--I agree with you that it was mostly boring and tedious, though. I did, however, like finally seeing what Castiel was up to and I really liked Sam trying to support Dean in thinking Castiel was their friend, but really it was far too much Castiel narrating for my taste. Kripke wrote the season finale: The Man Who Knew Too Much.

Edited by DittyDotDot

Actually, The Man Who Would Be King was both directed and written by Edlund--I agree with you that it was boring and tedious mostly, though. I did however like finally seeing what Castiel was up to and I really liked Sam trying to support Dean in thinking Castiel was their friend, but really it was far too much Castiel narrating for my taste. Kripke wrote the season finale: The Man Who Knew Too Much.

I agree with you both. This was a necessary episode, and after seeing it, everything else fit into place, and I liked that. But I preferred the finale myself where everything we learned in this episode came to fruition, which was why I was trying - unsuccessfully - to kill this episode before "The Man Who Knew Too Much." I had this episode as #6 or #7 on my list (whereas TMWKTM would be my #2 or 3... might even be my #1 in hindsight.) It was a great sendoff for Kripke I thought, and set up season 7 so very nicely.

Edited by AwesomO4000

Whoopsie, my bad on the Kripke as writer; I clearly got my "Man Who" titles confused.  So this one is all on Edlund, then.  Odd, as he rarely bores me, and at that time I was all over the idea of a Castiel centric ep, but....meh.

--Weekend at Bobby's

--French Mistake

+Frontierland

15 - Weekend at Bobby's

05 - Frontierland
05 - French Mistake

04 - Mommy Dearest

I'm going to keep voting for my baby come hell or high water. 

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

--Weekend at Bobby's

--French Mistake

+Frontierland

15 - Weekend at Bobby's

05 - Frontierland

05 - French Mistake

04 - Mommy Dearest

I'm going to keep voting for my baby come hell or high water. 

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Unforgiven

Like a Virgin

Family Matters

And Then There Were None

Let it Bleed

Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

Not sure but I think the count is off, you might want to check the numbers on your vote?

I need to vote so I'll show the corrected numbers first (the -- for Weekend at Bobby's was missing):
13 - Weekend at Bobby's

05 - Frontierland
05 - French Mistake

04 - Mommy Dearest

On the Man Who Would Be King - I actually love many elements of that episode but the first thing that comes to mind is those STARTING BLUE EYES of Cas against a snowy backdrop with purple crocuses.  That shot is just mesmerizing and so intimate at the same time.

Now my voting:

+ Weekend at Bobby's

-- French Mistake

-- Mommy Dearest

14 - Weekend at Bobby's

05 - Frontierland
03 - French Mistake

02 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

+ Mommy Dearest

-- French Mistake

+ Frontierland

14 - Weekend at Bobby's

06 - Frontierland

03 - Mommy Dearest

01 - French Mistake

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

Edited by AwesomO4000

Ah, The French Mistake. Well, it's fun, silly and zany. Not the best of the season, but good clean diversionary fun, none-the-less. I always get a hearty laugh at the scenes of Dean and Sam acting; Misha wearing the sweater and tweeting and I do love that an atrocity happened.

-- Frontierland

-- Mommy Dearest

-- French Mistake

14 - Weekend at Bobby's

04 - Frontierland

02 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard

French Mistake

• Love 1

-- Weekend at Bobby's

+ Frontierland

12 - Weekend at Bobby's

11 - Appointment in Samarra

05 - Frontierland

02 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven

Unforgiven

Like a Virgin

Family Matters

And Then There Were None

Let it Bleed

Caged Heat

Exile on Main St.

Two and a Half Men

The Third Man

My Heart Will Go On

Live Free or TwiHard

French Mistake

Weekend at Bobby's +

Appointment in Samarra +

Frontierland --

13 - Weekend at Bobby's
12 - Appointment in Samarra
03 - Frontierland
02 - Mommy Dearest

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard
French Mistake

Appointment +

Frontierland --

Weekend --

11 - Weekend at Bobby's

02 - Mommy Dearest

01 - Frontierland

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard
French Mistake

Edited by amensisterfriend

+ Weekend

-- Mommy Dearest

-- Frontierland

Ah, the rare but gratifying double kill.  Frontierland was fine, for a Season 6 episode, and I appreciated the attempt at a Western, but it just didn't hit the mark for me.  It may have been the victim of great expectations, given the build up to it at the time.  (Plus, I think I was spoiled forever for Supernatural Westerns after reading the fanfic "Strangers in Gilead".  Read it if you can find it; I doubt you'll regret the time spent.)  Mommy Dearest had some great moments, (Jefferson Starships) and good gore, and is one of the better eps of the season.  I didn't see the Dean ingesting the Phoenix Ash trick coming, and I do love it when the show is smart.

12 - Weekend at Bobby's

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard
French Mistake

Mommy Dearest

Frontierland

Appointment in Samarra --

Weekend at Bobby's +

13 - Weekend at Bobby's

11 - Appointment in Samarra

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed
Caged Heat
Exile on Main St.
Two and a Half Men
The Third Man
My Heart Will Go On
Live Free or TwiHard
French Mistake

Mommy Dearest

Frontierland

Sniff, Sniff I couldn't save it darn it!  Well at least it hung on till near the end.  I've given all the reasons I loved it, but alas I couldn't fight against the ones that didn't love it.  So it has to be Weekend for me.  I do like both but Weekend was such a strong ep.  But I will allow my mood to change my mind since Frontierland is gone, gone!  Oh the pain.  Ouch. 

Too much?  Oh well.  :)

• Love 2

Wait so you held fanfiction against Frontierland? Boo! That's just not right.

Oh well I fought the good fight for one of the best episodes of the entire series IMO. RIP Frontierland.. At least you finished ahead of French Mistake. /has a sad.

• Love 2

Oh well I fought the good fight for one of the best episodes of the entire series IMO. RIP Frontierland.. At least you finished ahead of French Mistake. /has a sad.

Yep.  First and only time ever.  I found "Strangers in Gilead" to be just that memorable, and unfortunately, as a Supernatural western, Frontierland couldn't measure up.  I didn't hate it, but I couldn't love it.

It is interesting that many of the shows you love I do too.  So at least we tried.   One small note for me, it was fanfiction that got me into Supernatural, and although I love several good western shows, I thought they had some good stuff.  Maybe they just didn't watch enough westerns...or they were like we only get to do this once so lets put in everything we can.  But it is still one I remember fondly.

Really interesting how this season was ranked because I would not have guessed which ones would've been the favorites beyond Weekend at Bobby's which I adore.

+Weekend

--Appointment

14 - Weekend at Bobby's

09 - Appointment in Samarra

All Dogs Go to Heaven
Unforgiven
Like a Virgin
Family Matters
And Then There Were None
Let it Bleed